Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pwoppa Cup Tie 18:08 - Jan 29 with 2498 viewsBoston

..at Wrexham. Thoroughly enjoying this.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Pwoppa Cup Tie on 18:20 - Jan 29 with 2456 viewscarrotstick

And not a female pundit in sight, how refreshingly enjoyable.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 18:20]
Pwoppa Cup Tie on 18:24 - Jan 29 with 2425 viewsNorthantsHoop

Pwoppa Cup Tie on 18:20 - Jan 29 by carrotstick

Great cup tie, now this Wrexham performance is passion on a football field.
Pwoppa Cup Tie on 18:43 - Jan 29 with 2350 viewsenfieldargh

Egan has just done the same as he did to us.

Cant keep a good team down

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Pwoppa Cup Tie on 19:04 - Jan 29 with 2258 viewsloftboy

I’ve noticed there seems to be some decent crowds in the cup this season, has the candle been relit?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Pwoppa Cup Tie on 20:25 - Jan 29 with 2104 viewskernowhoop

Wrexham offered more than hard work and honest endeavour. For a team three tiers below Sheffield United, they played very well. Matched them for possession, I think.
Pwoppa Cup Tie on 20:35 - Jan 29 with 2065 viewsterryb

Pwoppa Cup Tie on 20:25 - Jan 29 by kernowhoop

Wrexham offered more than hard work and honest endeavour. For a team three tiers below Sheffield United, they played very well. Matched them for possession, I think.

They did indeed.

I like what is happening at Wrexham, but please don't regard them as "minnows". I suspect that they have a bigger budget than Championship club Rotherham have & almost certainly more income.

It was still one of the best FA Cup games I've seen for many a season & I expect the replay to be close as well.
Pwoppa Cup Tie (n/t) on 21:22 - Jan 29 with 2002 viewsQPsyR

Pwoppa Cup Tie on 18:20 - Jan 29 by carrotstick

[Post edited 30 Jan 2023 5:17]

FKA AcidPixie

Pwoppa Cup Tie on 05:19 - Jan 30 with 1883 viewsQPsyR

Pwoppa Cup Tie on 19:04 - Jan 29 by loftboy

I’ve noticed there seems to be some decent crowds in the cup this season, has the candle been relit?

Wrexham pretty much sell out every home game, just under 10K, they got 10,150 last league game
[Post edited 30 Jan 2023 5:27]

FKA AcidPixie

Login to get fewer ads

Pwoppa Cup Tie on 07:19 - Jan 30 with 1823 viewsvanrrrr

Pwoppa Cup Tie on 18:43 - Jan 29 by enfieldargh

Egan has just done the same as he did to us.

Cant keep a good team down

I was watching that game thinking what Wrexham
Would do Our bunch of softies.

Oh for some players like Egan and Norwood… pwoppa as the OP says
Pwoppa Cup Tie on 08:59 - Jan 30 with 1763 viewstoboboly

Not bad from a League 1 team, the replay will test them though

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Pwoppa Cup Tie on 09:02 - Jan 30 with 1758 viewsenfieldargh

Pwoppa Cup Tie on 08:59 - Jan 30 by toboboly

Not bad from a League 1 team, the replay will test them though

National Leauge or have I missed something?

Same division as Alfie Lloyds Eastleigh

Glad we didnt have to face them, glad we didnt have to face any team ATM I'd bet the Dog & Duck against us

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Pwoppa Cup Tie on 09:10 - Jan 30 with 1732 viewsdaveB

Wrexham will be above us before we know it
Pwoppa Cup Tie on 09:11 - Jan 30 with 1732 viewsToast_R

Pwoppa Cup Tie on 05:19 - Jan 30 by QPsyR

Wrexham pretty much sell out every home game, just under 10K, they got 10,150 last league game
[Post edited 30 Jan 2023 5:27]

Developing the stadium already and a feel good factor around the place where their dreams are going to be a reality. We'll be playing them in league within the next 4 years. Gulp
Pwoppa Cup Tie on 09:16 - Jan 30 with 1722 viewstoboboly

Pwoppa Cup Tie on 09:02 - Jan 30 by enfieldargh

National Leauge or have I missed something?

Same division as Alfie Lloyds Eastleigh

Glad we didnt have to face them, glad we didnt have to face any team ATM I'd bet the Dog & Duck against us

Apologies I am being facetious, they basically have a League 1 level squad in the National League, not quite the "minnows" the media paints them as.

£5/£6k a week for some players. Think Moneyball but if the Yankees wore green.

Pwoppa Cup Tie on 09:39 - Jan 30 with 1691 viewstraininvain

Mullins looked a handful up front for Wrexham and he’s lethal in-front of goal. Add him to the list of strikers we could have signed instead of Bonne.
Pwoppa Cup Tie on 09:49 - Jan 30 with 1672 viewsboobishabang

Was at the game (Wrexham my local club) was a great cup tie, shame picking up 2 injuries in the first 10 mins to what could be 2 crucial defenders, defo need to get out of this league this year
Pwoppa Cup Tie on 10:21 - Jan 30 with 1614 viewsterryb

Pwoppa Cup Tie on 09:39 - Jan 30 by traininvain

Mullins looked a handful up front for Wrexham and he’s lethal in-front of goal. Add him to the list of strikers we could have signed instead of Bonne.

Strangely enough, no Championship clubs were interested in him when his goals got Cambridge promoted to Division One. He was out of contract as well.

He turned down an improved offer from Cambridge to drop into the National League for a higher income. I don't blame him for doing that & he appears to be very happy at Wrexham, but please don't rewrite that he was on any clubs radar at that time.
Pwoppa Cup Tie on 10:40 - Jan 30 with 1577 viewstraininvain

Pwoppa Cup Tie on 10:21 - Jan 30 by terryb

Strangely enough, no Championship clubs were interested in him when his goals got Cambridge promoted to Division One. He was out of contract as well.

He turned down an improved offer from Cambridge to drop into the National League for a higher income. I don't blame him for doing that & he appears to be very happy at Wrexham, but please don't rewrite that he was on any clubs radar at that time.

Not rewriting anything simply pointing out that sometimes there are potentially better value options available in the lower leagues. Would’ve been worth a punt on a free imo.

But I take on board that other championship clubs weren’t interested. Although that shouldn’t be a pre-requisite when signing players.
Pwoppa Cup Tie on 10:43 - Jan 30 with 1574 viewsgobbles

Pwoppa Cup Tie on 09:16 - Jan 30 by toboboly

Apologies I am being facetious, they basically have a League 1 level squad in the National League, not quite the "minnows" the media paints them as.

£5/£6k a week for some players. Think Moneyball but if the Yankees wore green.

So what? It's a great story. Wrexham were Division Two when I was a kid. The previous owner basically tried to bankrupt the club so he could sell off the ground for housing and part of it was already condemned (the end they are rebuilding). Good luck to them. The show is fantastic and a million levels up from that Salford City rubbish, which shows no imagination beyond trying to make the woman who sells burgers into a "character".
The greatest ever fly on the wall sports documentary was "Another Bloody Sunday" about Doncaster Rugby League in around 1980. It's on YouTube somewhere.
Pwoppa Cup Tie on 11:43 - Jan 30 with 1503 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I only noticed this last night and watched the highlights, A proper cup tie indeed I wish I'd watched it live.

I was at a panto at Wimbledon when Gareth Hunt (coffee dude) announced Wrexham had beaten Arsenal. Seems like yesterday the theatre cheered.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2023 11:47]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Pwoppa Cup Tie on 16:12 - Jan 30 with 1394 viewstoboboly

Pwoppa Cup Tie on 10:43 - Jan 30 by gobbles

So what? It's a great story. Wrexham were Division Two when I was a kid. The previous owner basically tried to bankrupt the club so he could sell off the ground for housing and part of it was already condemned (the end they are rebuilding). Good luck to them. The show is fantastic and a million levels up from that Salford City rubbish, which shows no imagination beyond trying to make the woman who sells burgers into a "character".
The greatest ever fly on the wall sports documentary was "Another Bloody Sunday" about Doncaster Rugby League in around 1980. It's on YouTube somewhere.

Haven't seen the show, but when everyone is drooling over them they never mention that they have a budget of a club at least two leagues above. It isn't a 'fairy tale' it is like Lampard failing to get Derby up or the Scum buying all their trophies.

Pwoppa Cup Tie on 16:49 - Jan 30 with 1370 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Pwoppa Cup Tie on 09:10 - Jan 30 by daveB

Wrexham will be above us before we know it

Ambition.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/64447565
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024