Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you feel that strongly 02:24 - Jan 29 with 5372 viewscharmr

Hello all dissenting voices. Instead of pontificating on here why are you not doing any real protesting. Invade the pitch, stop a game, throw your season ticket on the pitch. Go all ultra and visit on mass the training ground, maybe even don’t buy a programme. I don’t know be creative.

Seems far easier to get things off your chest on a social media platform then actually do anything. Same posters regurgitating the same agenda.

Man city game anyone care to remember.

[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 5:18]
If you feel that strongly on 05:06 - Jan 29 with 3506 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Wasn't it against Leeds we all went a bit militant?

Personally, as someone who's been more of an outsider looking in since Zamora Day, I just get a feeling that after nigh on 30 years of overall rubbish on and most definitelyoff the field, folks have run out of patience and collectively the energy has gone.

If QPR aren't already in possession of the fact that next season could herald a big disconnect on all levels, then they're in for a bloody rude awakening.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

If you feel that strongly on 05:58 - Jan 29 with 3441 viewsLblock

I'd like to apologise on behalf of all dissenting voices for using this platform to express feelings about the club, discuss all different viewpoints and also "pontificating"... I wasn't aware that that sort of stuff was meant for elsewhere.

Apathy.
It's a rot that set in years ago.
Many have been calling out the various ownerships and incumbents for years but over the last decade the "give 'em a chance" brigade have shouted louder and put the questioners in a corner. It shames me to say I have developed that apathy over the last couple of years - was it lockdown that changed things? Dunno.

I really fear for the short term future of OUR club - we are now in a position where, as their supporters keep telling us, we are totally reliant on the owners keeping the lights on. These are the people who have made countless bad decisions and have created a club so unattractive that not even a raving lunatic would buy the place should the current mob pull up sticks.
An unenviable situation -- is it an agenda? Wear them down so there's so few with any fight left that we can send it belly up and slink away quietly? Dunno.

The fact is this club has been ridden roughshod more times in the last two decades than a dockside crack whore; sometimes quite clearly for personal gain, or as more lately by complete ineptitude. Eventually she'll look so rough and beaten that there's no ride left in town and there's nothing left but to sink even lower or turn up toes. As noted above, things have been worse before, but the collective water torture has reached a point where many can't take anymore.

For me the dynamic has changed - my personal situation has meant match attendance this last two seasons has become different. I've been a season ticket holder for donkeys, I renewed during lockdown and let Lee Hoos use my hard earned with just a wobbly stream in return, I've been with the club through thin and thinner but they won't be getting my Season Ticket money next season no matter what happens between now and then. I've not got the energy to march down the Uxbridge Road with a flaming torch and a pitchfork but sadly, and with regret, I'll be withdrawing my upfront financial support.
As sarcastically put, I might even never buy a programme again........

Whats the answer? Dunno

As Zico would say:-

Whats going on?
We should be told.
Sort it out

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

If you feel that strongly on 08:58 - Jan 29 with 3172 viewsWegerles_Stairs

If you feel that strongly on 05:58 - Jan 29 by Lblock

I'd like to apologise on behalf of all dissenting voices for using this platform to express feelings about the club, discuss all different viewpoints and also "pontificating"... I wasn't aware that that sort of stuff was meant for elsewhere.

Apathy.
It's a rot that set in years ago.
Many have been calling out the various ownerships and incumbents for years but over the last decade the "give 'em a chance" brigade have shouted louder and put the questioners in a corner. It shames me to say I have developed that apathy over the last couple of years - was it lockdown that changed things? Dunno.

I really fear for the short term future of OUR club - we are now in a position where, as their supporters keep telling us, we are totally reliant on the owners keeping the lights on. These are the people who have made countless bad decisions and have created a club so unattractive that not even a raving lunatic would buy the place should the current mob pull up sticks.
An unenviable situation -- is it an agenda? Wear them down so there's so few with any fight left that we can send it belly up and slink away quietly? Dunno.

The fact is this club has been ridden roughshod more times in the last two decades than a dockside crack whore; sometimes quite clearly for personal gain, or as more lately by complete ineptitude. Eventually she'll look so rough and beaten that there's no ride left in town and there's nothing left but to sink even lower or turn up toes. As noted above, things have been worse before, but the collective water torture has reached a point where many can't take anymore.

For me the dynamic has changed - my personal situation has meant match attendance this last two seasons has become different. I've been a season ticket holder for donkeys, I renewed during lockdown and let Lee Hoos use my hard earned with just a wobbly stream in return, I've been with the club through thin and thinner but they won't be getting my Season Ticket money next season no matter what happens between now and then. I've not got the energy to march down the Uxbridge Road with a flaming torch and a pitchfork but sadly, and with regret, I'll be withdrawing my upfront financial support.
As sarcastically put, I might even never buy a programme again........

Whats the answer? Dunno

As Zico would say:-

Whats going on?
We should be told.
Sort it out

Ditto. Why bother getting banned by running on the pitch when you can simply stop going?

Small sample size but that's two season tickets going for next season. I'm sure they'll be plenty of takers the way we're playing. Not sure about the programme though.
If you feel that strongly on 09:24 - Jan 29 with 3118 viewsdmm

"...throw your season ticket on the pitch..."

Well, I'm not throwing my phone away no matter how strongly I feel.
If you feel that strongly on 10:17 - Jan 29 with 3019 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I get that you can’t go LBlock, but do you not think you are just wasting your time writing long and repetitive essays every time we lose or draw? Was your point not made the in one of the other four threads you’ve said this in? Some people just don’t agree, and it doesn’t matter how many paragraphs you write.
If you feel that strongly on 10:23 - Jan 29 with 2989 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

If you feel that strongly on 05:06 - Jan 29 by PlanetHonneywood

Wasn't it against Leeds we all went a bit militant?

Personally, as someone who's been more of an outsider looking in since Zamora Day, I just get a feeling that after nigh on 30 years of overall rubbish on and most definitelyoff the field, folks have run out of patience and collectively the energy has gone.

If QPR aren't already in possession of the fact that next season could herald a big disconnect on all levels, then they're in for a bloody rude awakening.

It’s just part of a small clubs life cycle I think.

Looking at the table, I think I can only count six teams that have been in the Premiership since we have. I’m sure the other 17 are just as bored as we are of play off loss, mid table stagnation, and fighting relegation every season.
If you feel that strongly on 10:35 - Jan 29 with 2951 viewspaulparker

If you feel that strongly on 10:23 - Jan 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

Looking at the table, I think I can only count six teams that have been in the Premiership since we have. I’m sure the other 17 are just as bored as we are of play off loss, mid table stagnation, and fighting relegation every season.

Bazza this hasn’t got anything to do with the premier league , I get it you one of those fans who thinks we are where we should be and that you don’t care if we lose to Luton or Hull
For me the club has been run by a bunch of amateurs for to long now , it’s jobs for the boys with the same outcome every other year , people are getting fed up of it
We don’t produce anyone decent , we don’t have any cup runs, we rely on loan players who only turn up for the first 3 months of the season , the players down tools in January and we now have a manager who probably wishes he was running the Afghanistan senior side instead of this lot at QPR
How many more years of this do we have to put up with ?
The club is rotten and I don’t blame anyone knocking it on the head with this club

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

If you feel that strongly on 10:40 - Jan 29 with 2932 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

If you feel that strongly on 10:35 - Jan 29 by paulparker

Bazza this hasn’t got anything to do with the premier league , I get it you one of those fans who thinks we are where we should be and that you don’t care if we lose to Luton or Hull
For me the club has been run by a bunch of amateurs for to long now , it’s jobs for the boys with the same outcome every other year , people are getting fed up of it
We don’t produce anyone decent , we don’t have any cup runs, we rely on loan players who only turn up for the first 3 months of the season , the players down tools in January and we now have a manager who probably wishes he was running the Afghanistan senior side instead of this lot at QPR
How many more years of this do we have to put up with ?
The club is rotten and I don’t blame anyone knocking it on the head with this club

Yeah, you’ve already said this four times since yesterday PP.

And it’s the third or fourth time you’ve said I don’t care that I’ve deliberately skipped over.

As CharmR says, do something then.
Login to get fewer ads

If you feel that strongly on 10:40 - Jan 29 with 2929 viewsgazza1

Rubbish suggestion(s)....I and we attend QPR matches to support the Players, Team and not bring the Club into disrepute or slagging players.
If you feel that strongly on 10:41 - Jan 29 with 2931 viewsPunteR

Yeh let's all start blaming the fans.
Let's just have this site and listen to one fans opinion of the club (clive).
I don't think I know a club that's promised so much to the fans but hasnt delivered. A club that's had so many opportunities to make the club a success and blew it.
Digging out other fans is hardly constructive either.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

If you feel that strongly on 10:45 - Jan 29 with 2902 viewsDixie_CT

a I feel strongly about what is going on with the club, but I’m not up for getting a criminal record and losing my job to shout at a bunch of millionaires for a couple of seconds before being carted off.

If there were a protest movement, I would join, but we are not united on what the issue is, so it is hard to start a cause-related campaign when some want the Board to leave, some want Les to go, some like the players gone and some blame the manager.

I’m also not sure we know what we want or can offer, an alternative to the current Board.

So for now, I will vent on here, I will boo if I think the players are phoning it in and I will raise concerns about the performance of the non-playing staff.

if football doesn’t play some role in giving us a purpose, a place to release, a place to enjoy, and a tribal sense of belonging, then I’m not sure what the reason to follow a club is. It does all of those things for me, I’m slightly obsessed and fanatical, it’s not healthy, but it’s my choice and better than other addictions.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 11:16]
If you feel that strongly on 11:04 - Jan 29 with 2849 viewsLordPork

I'm sure we all feel strongly about QPR.

However, we are a football club ...meaning

we go out with a team that can win, lose or draw.

Yesterday we lost

so what, it happens

get over it, move on...
If you feel that strongly on 11:17 - Jan 29 with 2769 viewsNortholt_Rs

If you feel that strongly on 11:04 - Jan 29 by LordPork

Yesterday we lost

so what, it happens

get over it, move on...

There’s losing and then there’s losing. You had to be there yesterday to see just how unbelievably dogsh1t we are… I don’t expect to win every game or the majority of them. But THAT was unacceptable. Simple as.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

If you feel that strongly on 11:20 - Jan 29 with 2751 viewslightwaterhoop

If you feel that strongly on 11:04 - Jan 29 by LordPork

Yesterday we lost

so what, it happens

get over it, move on...

The issue here is that we havn't been winning just losing and drawing.
If you feel that strongly on 11:24 - Jan 29 with 2736 viewsPunteR

If you feel that strongly on 10:40 - Jan 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

Yeah, you’ve already said this four times since yesterday PP.

And it’s the third or fourth time you’ve said I don’t care that I’ve deliberately skipped over.

As CharmR says, do something then.

What exactly do you have in mind then Baz?.
If I was on the board I would be giving the Director of football a target of silverware or promotion within the next year.
Say what you like about the Briatore/Eccleston era but at least they had the gonads to set a target and go for it.
Let's get rid of the loan players and play players that actually feel the weight of the club expecting them to perform and have some accountability.
I don't think we're at a stage where fans should be protesting down South Africa Road just yet.
They need to get a handle on the squad of players.

If you feel that strongly on 11:26 - Jan 29 with 2719 viewsLblock

If you feel that strongly on 10:17 - Jan 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

I get that you can’t go LBlock, but do you not think you are just wasting your time writing long and repetitive essays every time we lose or draw? Was your point not made the in one of the other four threads you’ve said this in? Some people just don’t agree, and it doesn’t matter how many paragraphs you write.

Apologies if I've passed my quota in responding on threads in the same way!

I can go - it's not easy, but I can go and have been a few times this season.
As I've said in most of my long essays currently I am choosing not to go for various reasons

You're probably right though - my time could be better spent

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

If you feel that strongly on 11:41 - Jan 29 with 2682 viewsPlanetHonneywood

If you feel that strongly on 10:23 - Jan 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

Of those: how many have had three huge cash injnctions since the mid-90s? Squandered them all? And having had three years in the Prem, with resulting parachute payments, still ended up worse off and £200m in the red?

I've frequently said it here and on the dotorg (like many others I hasten to add) we've utterly wasted the embarrassment of riches at our disposal, by a series of crooks, clowns, and assorted charlatans either running, couching or playing for QPR.

Just read someone also say something I've said for years: praising this lot because they are propping it up, ignores the fact they sailed it headfirst into the mess; despite the overwhelming number of fans predicting it was going to happen.

By my estimate: under Tony Pony, we spunked half a billion in debt and monies earned during his pre-FFP era. For what?

So, with respect, I couldn't give a feck about the other clubs, and however they run and see themselves. I'm sure if their clubs were as badly run, they too would comment accordingly.

Now get back to your effing spuds!!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!

If you feel that strongly on 11:47 - Jan 29 with 2663 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

If you feel that strongly on 11:24 - Jan 29 by PunteR

What exactly do you have in mind then Baz?.
If I was on the board I would be giving the Director of football a target of silverware or promotion within the next year.
Say what you like about the Briatore/Eccleston era but at least they had the gonads to set a target and go for it.
Let's get rid of the loan players and play players that actually feel the weight of the club expecting them to perform and have some accountability.
I don't think we're at a stage where fans should be protesting down South Africa Road just yet.
They need to get a handle on the squad of players.

Well, personally, I just think this a temporary slump and that some fans generally are acting OTT so I don’t really see the need for bedsheets and crayons yet.

My blame for the poor form lies solely with the players, with a special mention to Mick Beale. I don’t see what fan action can do to resolve that really.

Long term since we dropped from the Prem I think we’re doing ok, although I’d like some official fan representation and movement on the stadium. That’s just a divergence of opinion really.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 11:52]
If you feel that strongly on 11:51 - Jan 29 with 2651 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

If you feel that strongly on 11:41 - Jan 29 by PlanetHonneywood

Of those: how many have had three huge cash injnctions since the mid-90s? Squandered them all? And having had three years in the Prem, with resulting parachute payments, still ended up worse off and £200m in the red?

I've frequently said it here and on the dotorg (like many others I hasten to add) we've utterly wasted the embarrassment of riches at our disposal, by a series of crooks, clowns, and assorted charlatans either running, couching or playing for QPR.

Just read someone also say something I've said for years: praising this lot because they are propping it up, ignores the fact they sailed it headfirst into the mess; despite the overwhelming number of fans predicting it was going to happen.

By my estimate: under Tony Pony, we spunked half a billion in debt and monies earned during his pre-FFP era. For what?

So, with respect, I couldn't give a feck about the other clubs, and however they run and see themselves. I'm sure if their clubs were as badly run, they too would comment accordingly.

Now get back to your effing spuds!!!

Well, nearly all of them actually.

Please don’t mistake my comment for appreciation of football club owners (especially our own). No one has advocated their removal from the industry more than me.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 12:09]
If you feel that strongly on 12:03 - Jan 29 with 2632 viewsPunteR

If you feel that strongly on 11:47 - Jan 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

Well, personally, I just think this a temporary slump and that some fans generally are acting OTT so I don’t really see the need for bedsheets and crayons yet.

My blame for the poor form lies solely with the players, with a special mention to Mick Beale. I don’t see what fan action can do to resolve that really.

Long term since we dropped from the Prem I think we’re doing ok, although I’d like some official fan representation and movement on the stadium. That’s just a divergence of opinion really.

I'm not sure it is a temporary slump.
Theres something not quite right behind the scenes and we havnt been progressing on an upward trajectory for a few seasons now.
Just seems to be the same issues every season.

If you feel that strongly on 12:06 - Jan 29 with 2618 viewsPlanetHonneywood

If you feel that strongly on 11:51 - Jan 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

Well, nearly all of them actually.

Please don’t mistake my comment for appreciation of football club owners (especially our own). No one has advocated their removal from the industry more than me.

Then we're agreed: we take it over!

Now, the only question to decide is how? A Sinaloan style wasting; aggressive negative media campaign and ousting or, a horse's head in the bed?

Any of them works. Just DM me, and we'll make our move on Tuesday at the weekly board meeting.

If you feel that strongly on 12:06 - Jan 29 with 2615 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

If you feel that strongly on 12:03 - Jan 29 by PunteR

I'm not sure it is a temporary slump.
Theres something not quite right behind the scenes and we havnt been progressing on an upward trajectory for a few seasons now.
Just seems to be the same issues every season.

Yeah, I’ll add I’d like to see the bullshit cut out like the Manning, Barbet, Bright, and Warburton leaving a space on the bench situations. Petty distractions.

I disagree about not progressing though. Progression isn’t just points on the board, it’s facilities, player value, and solvency too. We have improved on all those things.
If you feel that strongly on 12:06 - Jan 29 with 2616 viewsMick_S

If you feel that strongly on 09:24 - Jan 29 by dmm

"...throw your season ticket on the pitch..."

Well, I'm not throwing my phone away no matter how strongly I feel.

I’d have to throw my youngest son on, as he sorts me for tickets. Then he’d get nicked. It’s a conundrum.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

If you feel that strongly on 12:07 - Jan 29 with 2602 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

If you feel that strongly on 12:06 - Jan 29 by PlanetHonneywood

Then we're agreed: we take it over!

Now, the only question to decide is how? A Sinaloan style wasting; aggressive negative media campaign and ousting or, a horse's head in the bed?

Any of them works. Just DM me, and we'll make our move on Tuesday at the weekly board meeting.

See you there

If you feel that strongly on 12:23 - Jan 29 with 2540 viewsRangersw12

If you feel that strongly on 11:47 - Jan 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

This isn't a temporary slump though the same thing happens every season and hasdone for years

We say we're skint etc then go and sign ridiculous amount of keepers ( last season) waste money on ageing CBs and loans that we will never be able to sign .

Look at our RB FFS it's a United loan when under a DOF model we shouldn't be in that position

The club is a mess no clear direction and from the outside it seem ls too many cooks and too many people caring about their own positions than the club

LF has a lot of questions to answer in that we're supposed to be a development club then go and allow subsequent managers to sign players who they want like wasting money on Wallace!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024