Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lee Mason 22:59 - Feb 11 with 2019 viewstraininvain

Watching MOTD and I see a blatantly offside goal given for Brentford vs Arsenal despite VAR having a good look at the goal. The VAR referee none other than our old mate Lee Mason who apparently forgot to draw the offside lines.

Now I’m sat here wondering if football is completely bent as we all remember Lee Mason has an affiliation to Manchester based football clubs or is it a coincidence that they always seem to benefit from his dubious decisions.

Context for anyone wondering: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11740619/amp/VAR-Lee-Mason-FO

[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 23:03]
Lee Mason on 23:54 - Feb 11 with 1870 viewsBoston

Stinks, don't it.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Lee Mason on 00:05 - Feb 12 with 1853 viewsCLAREMAN1995

To cheer QPR fans up just look at the absolute stonewall penalty Chelsea did not get at West Ham this morning.As clear a handball ,save you will ever see from a Defender but nothing from the ref standing 2 feet away.The VAR check took zero time either I am so confused
Lee Mason on 12:20 - Feb 12 with 1583 viewsJuzzie

It’s being reported as human error.

My arse. When an offside decision is being looked at the first thing you do is draw the lines.
Lee Mason saying he ‘forgot’ is not human error. He should be banned from ever doing it again.

We were robbed 10 years ago when Arsenal won with an injury time winner because the officials didn’t know what they were doing so fk Arsenal. Not that it helps us much.
Lee Mason on 12:31 - Feb 12 with 1556 viewsfrancisbowles

Never mind Mason just bin VAR. Authorities should listen to the fans (yeah, I know) who hate it.

We've got goal line technology, let's go back to taking our chances with the officials and change the offside rule to 'daylight', instead of drawing lines on a screen as well as flagging immediately.

We could also retry that short lived experiment of putting officials on the goal line but tell them they are there to make decisions not act as tailor's dummies.
Lee Mason on 13:11 - Feb 12 with 1474 viewsterryb

And I'm told that Brighton had a goal disallowed for offside due to the VAR official drawing the lines from the wrong defender, ignoring the defender closest to the goal!

No doubt this was human error again due to being inept is a symptom.
Lee Mason on 15:42 - Feb 12 with 1340 viewsPinnerPaul

The handball one is debateable, think majority would give it, not all.

The 2nd yellow for dissent - Wolves - who knows, just because his mate said he didn't say anything, doesn't mean he didn't!

The two non offsides are ridiculous, if they are going to get those wrong, may as well stick to the bloke with a flag!

Someone asked Eddie Howe if he wanted "more consistency from VAR?", he quite rightly replied, "Well, its not going to happen because they are human"

Its what I've been saying for years, they are refs, you are going to disagree with them.

I guarantee when I go on Ref Chat, there will be a thread on the 'handball' with qualified refs of many years on there disagreeing with each other.

I'll say it again, there will always be 'wrong' or at least decisions you disagree with, with or without VAR.

The disadvantages outweigh the advantages for me and always will.
Lee Mason on 16:10 - Feb 12 with 1302 viewsJuzzie

Technology is pointless if it involves people.

Bin VAR and go back to how it was if VAR isn’t doing its job properly.
Technology has to be 100% or it’s not worth it. No point people saying “well it works most of the time”, try telling that to the teams that have lost out and things don’t even themselves out over the course of the season. They just don’t.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024