Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years 16:56 - Mar 4 with 13639 viewsswisscottage

At fault for all three goals. Made to look a complete mug by Hugill. It's like he's being deliberately bad.

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 18:56 - Mar 4 with 2632 viewscheeseydane

For all the lambasting of Dickie, can anyone offer an alternative back line next week? Without those that are currently injured/sick/can'tbearsed.
Just curious.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 18:57 - Mar 4 with 2622 viewstraininvain

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 18:33 - Mar 4 by Ned_Kennedys

Gareth needs to make some big decisions to attempt to sort the defence out and stop us leaking three goals every game.

Dickie/Dunne is a terrible partnership: replace Dickie with Gubbins assuming the sick notes continue to be unavailable or switch to a back five.

Continuing with the current two hasn’t worked all season and will not get any better.

Hard to believe that two managers across 15 odd games have looked at our defence and not at least tried a back three or anything to break up the liability of the Dickie and Dunne centre back partnership. Slow, mistake ridden and not savvy enough to defend at this level.

I know we have limited options but it’s been clear for the last couple of months that Dickie and Dunne will get us relegated. If Ainsworth can’t work that out after two games then I fear the worst.
Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 18:57 - Mar 4 with 2606 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Dickie was terrible at his day job today (defending) but his night work (getting forward and playing the ball) was quite good.

Not sure the title of this thread is fair or reasoned.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2023 18:58]
Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 19:01 - Mar 4 with 2587 viewsSK_hoops

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 18:57 - Mar 4 by BazzaInTheLoft

Dickie was terrible at his day job today (defending) but his night work (getting forward and playing the ball) was quite good.

Not sure the title of this thread is fair or reasoned.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2023 18:58]

It doesn't matter if he was Maradona going forward - he was at fault for all three of the goals.
Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 19:07 - Mar 4 with 2501 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 19:01 - Mar 4 by SK_hoops

It doesn't matter if he was Maradona going forward - he was at fault for all three of the goals.

Isn’t that just a different way of saying what I said?
Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 19:07 - Mar 4 with 2496 viewsdavman

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 18:57 - Mar 4 by traininvain

Hard to believe that two managers across 15 odd games have looked at our defence and not at least tried a back three or anything to break up the liability of the Dickie and Dunne centre back partnership. Slow, mistake ridden and not savvy enough to defend at this level.

I know we have limited options but it’s been clear for the last couple of months that Dickie and Dunne will get us relegated. If Ainsworth can’t work that out after two games then I fear the worst.

Doesn't help that there are no other options...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 19:11 - Mar 4 with 2485 viewsHillAndDerry

Agree that he’s been abysmal lately but I don’t think there’s much value in getting on his back. It’s a confidence issue. Need to get behind him because at the moment there isn’t really a replacement.
Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 19:11 - Mar 4 with 2482 viewsParkRoyalR

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 18:57 - Mar 4 by traininvain

Dragging Dunne into the Dickie Shitshow is a bit disingenuous,

Dickie may be directly at fault for maybe 6 of our last 9 conceded,

Twice running past the only opposition player in the box towards the goal line and showing him his back, this is U12's stuff,

Obvious Hughill would beast him today so that one's on Ainsworth but from a player who was class in a 3 to a liability in a 4 is hard to fathom,

Kakay is all over the place positionally but even Drewe today got so little support from Dickie it was embarrassing, he's now hiding and either needs support in a 3 or dropping for a Dunne / Field CB pairing,

Like the lad but is he making some schoolboy errors at the moment.
Login to get fewer ads

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 19:14 - Mar 4 with 2449 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 19:11 - Mar 4 by ParkRoyalR

Twice running past the only opposition player in the box towards the goal line and showing him his back, this is U12's stuff,

Obvious Hughill would beast him today so that one's on Ainsworth but from a player who was class in a 3 to a liability in a 4 is hard to fathom,

Kakay is all over the place positionally but even Drewe today got so little support from Dickie it was embarrassing, he's now hiding and either needs support in a 3 or dropping for a Dunne / Field CB pairing,

Next in line after Dickie was Gubbins. That would have been worse!
Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 19:15 - Mar 4 with 2459 viewsSimonD

To play a back 3, you need 4 fit central defenders so one injury doesn't mean a change of shape. With Clarke-Salter and Balogun continually injured, we can't do that.

Gubbins has got to be a better bet than Dickie at the moment.
Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 19:26 - Mar 4 with 2399 viewstraininvain

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 19:07 - Mar 4 by davman

This is defeatist nonsense. Other options aren’t ideal granted. But nothing stopping us from going to a three at the back with Kakay / Gubbins alongside Dickie / Dunne or a back two from the same four.

We’re conceding three goals a game ffs. What have we got to lose at this stage?
[Post edited 4 Mar 2023 19:31]
Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 19:30 - Mar 4 with 2349 viewstraininvain

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 19:11 - Mar 4 by ParkRoyalR

Dickie’s been the weaker of the two and I know Dunne‘s one of your favourites but let’s not pretend that he’s been much better the past few months. Far too many individual mistakes from both of them.

We might get away with one of them alongside another centre back or as part of a back three but the pair of them together are a complete liability.
Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 19:48 - Mar 4 with 2254 viewsterryb

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 19:14 - Mar 4 by BazzaInTheLoft

Next in line after Dickie was Gubbins. That would have been worse!

On what basis do you say that this would be worse? Have you seen Gubbins play?

It can't be worse than playing Dickie & Dunne as a two in a back four.

Baz, I support your views on most of your postings (football & non-football), but IMO, you are going overboard in defending Dickie in particular & refusing to accept that we must try something different.
Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 20:03 - Mar 4 with 2177 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 19:48 - Mar 4 by terryb

On what basis do you say that this would be worse? Have you seen Gubbins play?

It can't be worse than playing Dickie & Dunne as a two in a back four.

Baz, I support your views on most of your postings (football & non-football), but IMO, you are going overboard in defending Dickie in particular & refusing to accept that we must try something different.

Yeah I have seen Gubbins play and so have six different QPR managers I think!

Dickie is playing horrendously right now but I didn’t think he was worse than anyone else today. The mistakes are just more obvious when they result in goals.

Kakay, who again I think gets unfair stick a lot of the time, dropped him in it so many times today by letting his man past which pulled Dickie out of position and left huge gaps. It doesn’t feel like the back four have any faith in each other.

If Dickie had always been this way, then yeah, drop him like a pair of Russell Grant’s Y Fronts, but a player should be judged over their whole career and let’s not forget how he a Barbet did together, albeit mostly in a three.

These are good platers low on confidence not terminally bad players IMO. Let’s not exasperate that by dropping them for players who don’t have a long term future here (which is Gubbins sadly).
[Post edited 4 Mar 2023 20:05]
Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 20:16 - Mar 4 with 2127 viewsQPsyR

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 20:03 - Mar 4 by BazzaInTheLoft

Yeah I have seen Gubbins play and so have six different QPR managers I think!

Dickie is playing horrendously right now but I didn’t think he was worse than anyone else today. The mistakes are just more obvious when they result in goals.

Kakay, who again I think gets unfair stick a lot of the time, dropped him in it so many times today by letting his man past which pulled Dickie out of position and left huge gaps. It doesn’t feel like the back four have any faith in each other.

If Dickie had always been this way, then yeah, drop him like a pair of Russell Grant’s Y Fronts, but a player should be judged over their whole career and let’s not forget how he a Barbet did together, albeit mostly in a three.

These are good platers low on confidence not terminally bad players IMO. Let’s not exasperate that by dropping them for players who don’t have a long term future here (which is Gubbins sadly).
[Post edited 4 Mar 2023 20:05]

Really Bazza? Really ?

Think they are worse than terminally bad, well past that more like fkn Zombie bad

I'm interested about the Good Platers though, more info on how you know this ?

FKA AcidPixie

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 20:37 - Mar 4 with 2045 viewsNortholt_Rs

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 17:12 - Mar 4 by baz_qpr

I think there are clearly a number of factors here. I think he thought he was getting a Prem move in the summer, I did not think he was 100% last half of last season. It did not materialise and then Beale did not fancy him and every time he played he was shakey. So confidence is shot, mentally if you've not made it to Prem at 27 you are unlikely to, so coming to terms with that as well.

Have to question whether there are home life issues here as well that could be a contributing factor. But his decision making has gone completey, and he aint got the pace or a covering centre half to bail him out.

I think his QPR race is run no matter what now. The guy needs out of the club come the summer for his own sake

And for our sake. He’s a liability.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 20:43 - Mar 4 with 2001 viewsGloucs_R

Got to revert to 532.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 21:23 - Mar 4 with 1917 viewsBrianWilson

Put Kakay in a centre 3 and beg wherever Niko is to let us have him back early #saveusniko

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 21:28 - Mar 4 with 1886 viewsBerkoRanger

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 19:07 - Mar 4 by davman

I don't suppose there is an out of contract big and ugly centre half that Gareth knows we can bring in to help? Just a thought.
Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 21:30 - Mar 4 with 1873 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 20:43 - Mar 4 by Gloucs_R

Got to revert to 532.

Yeah why not.

We need Laird and Paal back for this but something I think we should try when they are.
Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 22:54 - Mar 4 with 1694 viewsParkRoyalR

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 19:30 - Mar 4 by traininvain

Dickie’s been the weaker of the two and I know Dunne‘s one of your favourites but let’s not pretend that he’s been much better the past few months. Far too many individual mistakes from both of them.

We might get away with one of them alongside another centre back or as part of a back three but the pair of them together are a complete liability.

Dunne hasn't been hiding during this run, Dickie has,

Dunne hasn't been continually beaten up by his man, Dickie has,

Dunne hasn't twice in the last few games (today + Sunderland 3rd) run past the only man in the box towards the goal-line, showing hims his back, and then watch the ball sail pass him into the net from his man,

Dunne had a few poor moments in possession since Chair's injury but hasn't had too many showing for a pass, including Dickie who turned his back on him twice last week so he couldn't receive the ball,

Dickie + Kakay are a car-crash defensively not Dickie + Dunne,

Just hope Ainsworth goes to a 3 or maybe goes with Field + Dunne as CB's with Dickie as a CDM, whatever, but Dickie + Kakay will concede 3 goals per game if this is not changed.
Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 02:01 - Mar 5 with 1538 viewslave16

Ok time to not be nice for want of a swear word... Dickie is better than he is showing but cannot shake the fear of messing up - kakay is game and brave and tries but his defending needs work I find it hard to criticize him for not being good enough when he is a 100% er - he tries and does not hide when so many others hide. Dunne tries also guilty of trying to hard at times and trying to not just do his job but others also and getting exposed - needs bill billicheck or however you spell to say do your job. Having followed QPR since 85 and had the piss ripped out of me at every opportunity by arsenal,utd, Liverpool and any other premier League supporting band wagon jumping wannabe I don't care if the players are limited but I care if they don't try or hide in matches no matter about wages put your heart on your slieve show us you care.my kids play football are limited but try that's all I ask proove you care show you enjoy it give us a reason to like and support you. We know we will never be world beaters but we have pride we try. Hard work and determination will get you a lot further that you think. So will a load of moretti after a bad day topped by a crap result.

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 02:23 - Mar 5 with 1510 viewsozexile

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 20:43 - Mar 4 by Gloucs_R

Got to revert to 532.

I'd go 541 just try and get a point on the board. Anything, just change something.
Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 09:48 - Mar 5 with 1292 viewsgazza1

Amazing, so many went on about Dickie being Premiership.....now the worst CH we have had for years!!!!!
Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 09:48 - Mar 5 with 1292 viewstraininvain

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 22:54 - Mar 4 by ParkRoyalR

Dunne hasn't been hiding during this run, Dickie has,

Dunne hasn't been continually beaten up by his man, Dickie has,

Dunne hasn't twice in the last few games (today + Sunderland 3rd) run past the only man in the box towards the goal-line, showing hims his back, and then watch the ball sail pass him into the net from his man,

Dunne had a few poor moments in possession since Chair's injury but hasn't had too many showing for a pass, including Dickie who turned his back on him twice last week so he couldn't receive the ball,

Dickie + Kakay are a car-crash defensively not Dickie + Dunne,

Just hope Ainsworth goes to a 3 or maybe goes with Field + Dunne as CB's with Dickie as a CDM, whatever, but Dickie + Kakay will concede 3 goals per game if this is not changed.

If you think Dunne’s been good over the past few months as part of a defence that regularly concedes three goals per game then we have very different standards in terms of what passes as acceptable.

I agree that Dickie and Kakay have been the main culprits over the last few games but Dunne’s also a part of this mess whether you like it or not. He’s too often caught out of position and makes too many mistakes as part of a back two with Dickie. Kakay hasn’t helped the situation.

Now we can place all the blame on Dickie, who incidentally has shown himself to be a good defender last season, and Kakay or we can acknowledge that the current defensive set up is failing miserably and hope that Ainsworth changes it up. I know which option I prefer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024