Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Amos 21:55 - Apr 10 with 5825 viewswombat

Excellent performance from him today , something we have badly been missing all season , tackling chasing runs forward , hopefully he can stay fit to the end of the season as he could be a huge player for us in the coming weeks

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Luke Amos on 18:20 - Apr 11 with 812 viewspaulparker

Luke Amos on 09:42 - Apr 11 by ozexile

Release release release.

Absolutely this

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Luke Amos on 18:25 - Apr 11 with 766 viewsRangersw12

I thought Amos was pretty poor and actually didn't work hard enough to stop the cross on the 2nd goal

He reminds of Jenas and just floats through games.

One to release
Luke Amos on 08:55 - Apr 12 with 570 viewsgazza1

Luke Amos on 17:34 - Apr 11 by Hunterhoop

Running around is not enough, but it’s much better than players who don’t run around in the first place, of which we’ve had for too many this season!

The decision on whether to renew him is entirely based on the cost.

He has a bad injury record. If we renew, it should be on a reduced salary. But given the market and that injury record, I doubt he’ll find it easy securing a contract elsewhere on the same money.

If you can get him on the cheap at a reduced level, that makes 20 games a season somewhat of a decent value, I would renew him. He covers a lot of ground and can press well (which will suit Ainsworth’s game plan), he gets into the box more than any of our CMs (and we need goals from midfield), and he’s young so has upside.

Is he “good enough” to start for a play off hunting side in the Championship at present? No.

Are we that team? No.

Are we a team in the bottom half/league 1? Yes. Can such teams sign better midfielders on less money who will play every week? I doubt it.

Whether he accepts a reduced deal is entirely up for debate though.

It is simple Hunter......running around is not enough, its a given - simple as that. If you think anything else you are wrong.

It should not be based on cost, it should be based on what he has done over the time he has been here - he has been here for years and he has failed to deliver more than he has delivered, his injury record is appalling, yes he has had a couple of good games but that is not enough - he isn't good enough.

Watch where he goes when he gets released. We need to set our sights a lot higher than Div 1.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024