Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season s Expectations 22:15 - May 30 with 11131 viewsnumptydumpty

Lot more competitive league next season.

And in all reality, we are competing to be top of the bottom six.

Sixteenth this season would be a success, given our current state.

This season ahead, personally not expecting much at all.

A better home record would not go amiss.

And a few more goals would be well received.

If we end up top half that's a solid season and top six would be near on orgasmic given recent performances

Anyone more hopeful and if you are, what gives you these beliefs !!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Season s Expectations on 20:43 - Jun 1 with 1590 viewsLogman

Season s Expectations on 18:34 - Jun 1 by colinallcars

Indeed, we need new faces, not the new faeces we had last season.

I think a huge factor is whether the owners go for people they think are the right fit for the club or whether they go for people who go against the grain and take the club in the direction that is needed to move up the table. If they go for people who don't want to upset the apple cart and toe the existing scouting networking lines then the only progress that we will make will be in our transformation into an AFC/community club that operates at League one or two.
Season s Expectations on 10:02 - Jun 2 with 1350 viewsTomS

Many of last season's squad downed tools when he who shall not be named jumped ship. They were rightly cheesed off as they were persuaded to join us on the understanding that they'd get the opportunity to develop under an up an coming coach. Their effective withdrawal of their labour spoke volumes about their maturity and professionalism. They can hopefully all move on this summer.

Many of those left behind appeared to suffer from PTSD as the car crash went underway. Confidence on the ball and without the ball disappeared everywhere on the pitch. That can be rebuilt with the right coaching team. Willock, Chair, Dickie etc can come back into the form which saw them terrorise opposition in the past. That is the real challenge for the summer. If confidence in our own ability isn't reset and restored, we're f***ed.
Season s Expectations on 11:13 - Jun 2 with 1260 viewstoboboly

I expect us to play a number of games and not do well in most of them.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Season s Expectations on 15:15 - Jun 2 with 1131 viewskensalriser

Season s Expectations on 11:13 - Jun 2 by toboboly

I expect us to play a number of games and not do well in most of them.

Would completing 48 games be a reasonable management of expectations?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Season s Expectations on 15:38 - Jun 2 with 1087 viewsShunter

Season s Expectations on 12:10 - May 31 by Lblock

Relegation.

Nailed on.

I won't get drawn in this season even if we are 3rd at the end of October!!!!

I also expect Ainsworth to be sacked in November as another "can carrier" for the clowns above him. We'll appoint Sean Derry (my Lord) as further fan appeasement and he'll take us down.

I also expect Les to moan about clubs stealing our prospects whilst not addressing the issue or, in fact, doing the same to other clubs (relatively speaking).

I expect we'll continue our excellent work in the community and strive for greater equality and we will parade that like some sort of prize.

Apart from that it'll be another great one following the club.

Spot on L Block
Season s Expectations on 21:40 - Jun 2 with 916 viewsVancouverHoop

Thing if Les goes then logic indicates that Ainsworth does too. Because the new DoF will want his own people in place as soon as possible. That being the case allowing either of them to make decisions regarding playing staff right now is foolhardy.

Given the above I don't think Les or Gazza are going anywhere, at least until Christmas. By then a new DoF might have been scouted, potential coaches vetted, and the new guys could be thinking about future or existing players. Of course if things go totally t*** up in the first month or so of the season then that timeline might be brought forward. But if Les and Gazza are deciding who stays or goes among the current squad, then they're both here for the Summer at least.
Season s Expectations on 04:57 - Jun 3 with 815 viewsjtuck

Season s Expectations on 21:40 - Jun 2 by VancouverHoop

Thing if Les goes then logic indicates that Ainsworth does too. Because the new DoF will want his own people in place as soon as possible. That being the case allowing either of them to make decisions regarding playing staff right now is foolhardy.

Given the above I don't think Les or Gazza are going anywhere, at least until Christmas. By then a new DoF might have been scouted, potential coaches vetted, and the new guys could be thinking about future or existing players. Of course if things go totally t*** up in the first month or so of the season then that timeline might be brought forward. But if Les and Gazza are deciding who stays or goes among the current squad, then they're both here for the Summer at least.

In most interviews he does, GA goes out of his way to say how great all the people are above him in the club. That line makes it seem like they all sink or swim together. I'm in the realist gloomy section of opinion that we are in for more sinking.

LAranger

Season s Expectations on 08:39 - Jun 3 with 757 viewsPastCaringNW2

Per someone rational I heard speaking on one of the Rangers pods yesterday - the final position will have a 2 in front of it. Couldn't argue with that.

Where we finish in that bottom five is probably going to be determined by FFP not points earned.

I have no idea where the dozen wins we will likely need are going to come from so I figure we are heading for 23rd without a point deductions elsewhere.

21st with. On goal difference.
Login to get fewer ads

Season s Expectations on 12:07 - Jun 3 with 651 viewsandrew1302

Sorry this goes back to near the start of the thread and Antii some comments you made. There is a difference between the owners interfering in team matters and appointing people who can do a good job at club management level. The football manager can get on with his job but you need a DOF who can guide the club in a direction successfully. Our owners sit in Malaysia really not knowing what to do and following directions that whilst seemingly sensible have no follow thru in terms of for instance correct signings. Other owners are able to create a team at club management level which can work with football level to create success as has been very apparent this season with other clubs. I do appreciate the current owners write constant cheques but there is more than that to owning a club. They have relied on Les and all his cronies and they have failed. If they can't see that they really are out of touch with any football reality and just hoping it will improve. They need to come in with a big hatchet and start removing people fast. If not why on earth will anything change. We have been in a gradual decline since the owners took over and that is i am sure unable to be disputed. They are the ones who can make a change and they need to. They approve the changing of managers every 2 minutes but never the DOF plus friends.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024