Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
golf 20:35 - Jun 6 with 2356 viewsdigswellhoop

any players out there what's youre thoughts on merger
golf on 21:23 - Jun 6 with 2297 viewshantssi

Pretty inevitable really I guess.
I bet those wanting a breakaway European Super League are looking on with great interest!
golf on 21:38 - Jun 6 with 2270 viewsBerkoRanger

Saudi's say they will pour in billions to professional golf as it now is a profit making sport.
Yep - footy super league next.....
Sky saying that Wilfred Zaha has been offered a 3 year 45 million pound deal to play in the middle east.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2023 21:42]
golf on 22:10 - Jun 6 with 2221 viewsHAYESBOY

Going to be interesting when some of the players tee up together after some of the statements made.
PGA and DP World Tour have caved in really after making such a massive issue of the LIV Tour. Money always wins.

Smells like a trout farm in here

golf on 22:15 - Jun 6 with 2202 viewsRs_Holy

golf on 22:10 - Jun 6 by HAYESBOY

Going to be interesting when some of the players tee up together after some of the statements made.
PGA and DP World Tour have caved in really after making such a massive issue of the LIV Tour. Money always wins.

money always wins and usually ruins everything... cricket is all over the place now with so many spin offs (pardon the pun).
golf on 22:27 - Jun 6 with 2182 viewsNorthernr

golf on 22:51 - Jun 6 with 2116 viewsdigswellhoop

think they owned by Newcastle owners
golf on 22:52 - Jun 6 with 2110 viewsdigswellhoop

says it all
golf on 00:03 - Jun 7 with 2030 viewsstowmarketrange

What happened to the liv players saying they were happier as they could spend more time with their families because the liv tournaments were only 54 holes instead of 72?
Or should we not be shocked about them accepting the extra cash and stuff their families?
Login to get fewer ads

golf on 00:14 - Jun 7 with 2013 viewsBoston

As hantssi said...inevitable.

I was interested to read previous threads about this subject and was quite surprised to note some posters comments, it was reminiscent of Bagdad Bob saying there were no Americans in Iraq as the 4th Army tanks were rolling past him in the background. The PGA did this to themselves.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

golf on 01:02 - Jun 7 with 1993 viewsBoston

...and, I bet the old boy fraternity of sports team ownership in the US are sitting down with the like of Bob Kraft any day now to discuss damage limitation.

golf on 12:11 - Jun 7 with 1803 viewsAirtomoreira

Penny for Rory's thoughts. He's been well and truly hung out to dry.
golf on 12:48 - Jun 7 with 1768 viewskingsburyR

golf on 12:11 - Jun 7 by Airtomoreira

Penny for Rory's thoughts. He's been well and truly hung out to dry.

Rory's been shafted from a rather considerable height.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

golf on 13:56 - Jun 7 with 1669 viewsSonofpugwash

golf on 12:48 - Jun 7 by kingsburyR

Rory's been shafted from a rather considerable height.

Yes I'll bet he'll be crying all the way to the food bank

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

golf on 13:57 - Jun 7 with 1656 viewsBostonR

It’s the opening act for the purchase of the European Football Super League 1&2. Games will be played globally and the revenue generation would be enormous. Only a matter of time.
golf on 14:41 - Jun 7 with 1597 viewsRs_Holy

golf on 13:57 - Jun 7 by BostonR

It’s the opening act for the purchase of the European Football Super League 1&2. Games will be played globally and the revenue generation would be enormous. Only a matter of time.

It wouldn't work with existing clubs as the fans have shown they have no appetite for such a thing ... But I can see some kind of IPL Franchise thing happening mainly with players at the end of their careers? London Super Regals v Bavarian Wild Cats or something along those lines ... a sort of Frankensteins monster of football.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2023 14:41]
golf on 14:45 - Jun 7 with 1577 viewsWokingR

golf on 13:56 - Jun 7 by Sonofpugwash

Yes I'll bet he'll be crying all the way to the food bank

I'm not sure the money is an issue to McIlroy but more the stress and aggravation he has endured in setting himslef up as a defender of the PGA tour.
It is the next level down golfer that will feel really hard done by as many of them could have taken the money LIV offered, would have earned an income they could never have achieved otherwise, but instead remained loyal to the PGA.
They are the ones that have been shat on
golf on 14:58 - Jun 7 with 1563 viewsBoston

golf on 13:57 - Jun 7 by BostonR

I think it's the no relegation to worry about American sports teams that will best suit the money laundering Saudi's et al.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2023 15:00]

golf on 15:01 - Jun 7 with 1557 viewsBoston

golf on 14:45 - Jun 7 by WokingR

I'm not sure the money is an issue to McIlroy but more the stress and aggravation he has endured in setting himslef up as a defender of the PGA tour.
It is the next level down golfer that will feel really hard done by as many of them could have taken the money LIV offered, would have earned an income they could never have achieved otherwise, but instead remained loyal to the PGA.
They are the ones that have been shat on

I'd presume their position was taken into consideration in the negotiations.

golf on 15:29 - Jun 7 with 1521 viewsheadhoops

golf on 14:41 - Jun 7 by Rs_Holy

It wouldn't work with existing clubs as the fans have shown they have no appetite for such a thing ... But I can see some kind of IPL Franchise thing happening mainly with players at the end of their careers? London Super Regals v Bavarian Wild Cats or something along those lines ... a sort of Frankensteins monster of football.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2023 14:41]

since when have many owners given any thought to their fans? Money always talks which is why they have an F1 procession around Monaco every year.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

golf on 21:32 - Jun 7 with 1364 viewswesty

Golf just spoils a good walk
golf on 21:34 - Jun 7 with 1357 viewsHAYESBOY

Do the golfers who left the DP World tour and had to pay a fine now get their money back.
I'd be straight onto the solicitor's.

Smells like a trout farm in here

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024