Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! 20:25 - Jun 8 with 5431 viewsnumptydumpty

We have all had these moments.

Should I have pushed the boat out for a certain good lady. Would I have settled down so much earlier in life.

Should I have changed my career so that a life of misery in IT would dominate. Not true in my case. Not an IT banana.

Should I have gone along with little Jimmy Sprout and his dad to watch the Gunners in the early 80s.

They provides the WHAT IF'S

If either or both Warnock and Taraabt had not been at our club in 2010, would we still have gone up and the next few years ending up screwing our club up for another decade along.

Bored close season.

Anyone got any what if moments in their life or any football following scenarios either !!!

Mine is I nearly once got off with Kerry Katona before she was infamous.

All I can say to that one is thank f**k for that !!! 🤣 🤣 🤣

[Post edited 8 Jun 2023 20:26]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 18:22 - Jun 9 with 1616 viewsQPRSteve

Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 18:04 - Jun 9 by Lanhoop

Was out after work for some lunchtime birthday drinks in November '87. Stayed in the pub all afternoon. Couldn't do anymore so headed off home. Piccadilly line from Kings Cross back to Park Royal. Just about managed to jump on a train as the doors closed at about quarter past 7. Following morning woke up to news of the fire at Kings Cross station. My guess is half a pint more and I'd have been another fatality.

Be good and if you can't be good be lucky.

Same thing for me. Was in the bar at Camden Town Hall and left half hour before the fire started.
Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 20:39 - Jun 9 with 1526 viewspaulparker

My Grandad was a lorry driver for 50 years , back in 87 after a long journey through Europe he was rushing back to catch a ferry he missed his ferry by 20 minutes that ferry was Zeebrugge

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 23:56 - Jun 9 with 1440 viewsBoston

Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 13:26 - Jun 9 by Sonofpugwash

It would be easier to drink the Atlantic dry.

er...the reason why Mexico has no Olympic swimming team is that everyone who can, has.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 23:58 - Jun 9 with 1436 viewsBoston

I shoulda taken up the offer from that bum, Brando.

I coulda been a contender.

Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 12:24 - Jun 11 with 1159 viewsCheshireR

March 1993 we had returned from a holiday in Sri Lanka. We had taken loads of photographs, which in those pre-digital times needed developing.
I can recall using the yellow pages and phoning several places who could provide a one hour developing service.
The two best options were Boots in Warrington Town centre and an out of town Asda.
I chose to drive the extra two or three miles to the Asda. It was marginally cheaper and I knew that whilst waiting I could get a full English breakfast there.
We dropped our photos at the booth and headed to the cafe.
As we were tucking into an eagerly awaited fry up the IRA detonated a bomb in Warrington town centre. Two youngsters were killed and countless others seriously injured. The bomb was planted in a waste bin outside the Boots store.
It still chills me to recall this story, but I do  chuckle at people who say a full fry up is bad for my health.
Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 14:45 - Jun 11 with 1088 viewsRebalhoop

Some amazing stories….
My dad was accepted by the Australian forestry commission,job,house good wage..
I was only 18 months old,a couple of weeks before we were due to fly out,my Grandad died and my mum wouldn’t leave my Nan.so that was the end of that…
I would be supporting the Aussies in the upcoming Ashes had things been different
Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 15:25 - Jun 11 with 1067 viewsloftboy

My Dad Doing his national service was training g to be a pilot, he had 15 hours under his belt before they discovered he was colour blind! He was Immediately transferred to ground crew and transferred to a different airfield where he met my mum who was a WRAF, had he not been colourblind I wouldn’t be here.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 16:00 - Jun 11 with 1025 viewsSonofpugwash

My nephew Chris was supposed to be on the number 20 bus which exploded in Tavistock Square 7/7 because he was late that morning.One of his work colleagues was on the top deck when it exploded,she found herself sitting on the pavement not knowing how she got there and totally unscathed.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Login to get fewer ads

Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 17:14 - Jun 11 with 985 viewsThaiHoop

In December 2004 I was on holiday in Thailand and was booked into a hotel on Phi Phi until 27th.

They said we had to pay 1500 baht for a "compulsory" gala dinner at the hotel that we didn't fancy so we decided to check out early on Christmas morning instead. Then when we got to Phuket the fella in front of me got the last room in a hotel on the beach front so I got a place up the hill.

The next day the tsunami hit, wiping out the hotel on Phi Phi and turning the beach front on Phuket into something akin to a war zone.

In the aftermath of that I took stock of life and 6 months later gave up my career in London and moved to Thailand......in 2 weeks time I'll have lived here 18 years!
Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 18:26 - Jun 11 with 941 viewsBoston

Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 14:45 - Jun 11 by Rebalhoop

Some amazing stories….
My dad was accepted by the Australian forestry commission,job,house good wage..
I was only 18 months old,a couple of weeks before we were due to fly out,my Grandad died and my mum wouldn’t leave my Nan.so that was the end of that…
I would be supporting the Aussies in the upcoming Ashes had things been different

My parents also planned to emigrate to Australia. There were just me and another brother at the time, so forty quid has us all booked to go. A few weeks later she was home doing the ironing with the tv in front of her when the news came on, Adelaide hit by huge earthquake. EARTHQUAKE....

Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 09:31 - Jun 12 with 753 viewsHarbour

Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 16:00 - Jun 11 by Sonofpugwash

My nephew Chris was supposed to be on the number 20 bus which exploded in Tavistock Square 7/7 because he was late that morning.One of his work colleagues was on the top deck when it exploded,she found herself sitting on the pavement not knowing how she got there and totally unscathed.

Yes I was on the tube network when the bomb went off at Russell Square I was on the Jubilee line to Canary Wharf so not at risk ..,always think what if… also still think of those who died.
Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 14:17 - Jun 12 with 665 viewsR_from_afar

Decisions in life that can change the course of history !!! on 14:02 - Jun 9 by HAYESBOY

I don't know how close this was but I was an apprentice at an oil/gas valve manufacturing company called Orbit Valves. Located in Swallowfield way in Hayes.
There was a possibility of going out with an engineer onsite to service valves in the field.
This would have been with an engineer called Terry Quinn.
It was never really spoken of before it happened but one of the jobs onsite was going to the Piper Alpha rig. Terry was on the Piper Alpha and died in the sleeping compartments.
I never asked if this was one of the jobs that was being considered for me to go out on.
I have always wondered.

I have a similar story, but about my dear dad (RIP).

Before he married, he was a dog handler in the RAF and at one point, the chance to go on an exotic sounding overseas posting came up. He eagerly applied but was turned down because the dogs of all the other handlers who had applied were male whereas his was female. So, no overseas posting.

The location of the posting? Christmas Island, where the nuclear tests were carried out. My dad had a very lucky escape!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024