Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
9 subs 22:21 - Jun 29 with 4649 viewsdmm

Championship clubs will be able to name nine substitutes from the start of the new English Football League season. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66059634

I can remember when you were allowed just one!
9 subs on 15:06 - Jun 30 with 700 viewsozranger

Have I missed something. Everyone currently, as of last season, can name 18 players in the lineup, that being eleven starting players and seven on the bench. So, that now means teams can add two more on the bench to select the five subs from. It should only favour clubs, if that, with a stronger second eleven. There are still only five subs that can be made, not nine as I think some here may believe.

That said, the whole idea of allowing five changes, plus more if you have a head injury, is totally ludicrous and has definitely ruined the game. What is next? Interchange?
9 subs on 15:12 - Jun 30 with 683 viewsLimehouseR

So you could potentially have up to 18 (probably 16 if there are goalkeepers) stoppages in the second half of a match purely for substitutions. Another attack on any kind of free flowing football. And like everyone says. Largely benefits all the teams with bigger squad depth.

I don't really go to matches any more. This new rule is yet another reason why I don't bother.
9 subs on 15:32 - Jun 30 with 658 viewsfrancisbowles

9 subs on 12:41 - Jun 30 by terryb

I think you may be thinking of the 1970 semi final between Italy & West Germany. It may have been Beckenbauer.

There were no subs allowed in the '66 World Cup.

Yes no subs in 66 WC was the point I was trying to make.

You are of course, Terryb, correct about Beckenbauer in 1970 SF v Italy.

I was thinking France but having done some research it was Meszoly of Hungary who came back in with a suspected broken collar bone and arm in a sling against Brazil in 66. He did however play in the next match and scored against Bulgaria to help clinch last eight qualification.
9 subs on 15:37 - Jun 30 with 650 viewsBklynRanger

9 subs on 15:06 - Jun 30 by ozranger

Have I missed something. Everyone currently, as of last season, can name 18 players in the lineup, that being eleven starting players and seven on the bench. So, that now means teams can add two more on the bench to select the five subs from. It should only favour clubs, if that, with a stronger second eleven. There are still only five subs that can be made, not nine as I think some here may believe.

That said, the whole idea of allowing five changes, plus more if you have a head injury, is totally ludicrous and has definitely ruined the game. What is next? Interchange?

I'm against all of this guff too, but it does give me hope that Multiball is getting closer, which is going to be unbelievable.
9 subs on 15:47 - Jun 30 with 639 viewsterryb

9 subs on 15:12 - Jun 30 by LimehouseR

So you could potentially have up to 18 (probably 16 if there are goalkeepers) stoppages in the second half of a match purely for substitutions. Another attack on any kind of free flowing football. And like everyone says. Largely benefits all the teams with bigger squad depth.

I don't really go to matches any more. This new rule is yet another reason why I don't bother.

There is no change to last season in the numbner of substitutions allowed.

5 subs per side (6 if there is a concussion sub) that can be made with a maximum of three stoppages in play per side. It is still a pain in the arse for these to take place!

Personally, I think it's madness to have players sat on the subs bench when there is no chance of appearing! I assume you don't have to name 9 though.
9 subs on 17:41 - Jun 30 with 562 viewslave16

9 subs on 15:47 - Jun 30 by terryb

There is no change to last season in the numbner of substitutions allowed.

5 subs per side (6 if there is a concussion sub) that can be made with a maximum of three stoppages in play per side. It is still a pain in the arse for these to take place!

Personally, I think it's madness to have players sat on the subs bench when there is no chance of appearing! I assume you don't have to name 9 though.

Madness indeed the rich get richer - more money bigger squads someday it will be replace all at half time

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

9 subs on 18:35 - Jun 30 with 537 viewsThe_Beast1976

9 subs on 14:17 - Jun 30 by cyprusmel

I think three is enough from 5 on the bench.

5 from 9 gives a very big advantage to teams with large squads, I am thinking of newly relegated teams from the Prem who will in all probability have better players on the bench than we will have on the field.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2023 14:26]

And right there you have the sole reason fir the change. Any change made is always to benefit the 'better off'
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024