Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Serious questions for the club 16:35 - Jul 30 with 7011 viewsQPRConor2000

to be honest, I really dont know what is going on with the hierarchy at this football club.

1. We do not have a DOF, and that seems to have gone very quiet, we were told to expect an appointment soon, but nothing yet has come to pass.
2. Fernandes has left, and we know he had 26% of the club, so we dont know whos getting it,
3. Club seeking new investment, hinting at the club being sold.

Furthermore, we have a weak squad who will struggle at Championship level next season, Amit and Ruben, or whoever it is, need to come out to us and honestly explain to us what on earth is going on, because looking from the outside, it just seems chaotic and an absolute mess, someone really needs to get a grip urgently here.

Its all a big, unwelcome distraction, and its not helpful at all, especially to the fans.

[Post edited 30 Jul 2023 21:46]
Serious questions for the club on 17:10 - Jul 30 with 5300 viewsG_Ottershaw

Similar to an appraisal, i think the existing board/owners should release a statement for the fans outlining their immediate goals and objectives for the club.
Yes, they have constructed a fantastic new training facility, but what's next? Continue negotiations on existing plots of land ? Identify new plots of land ? Wait until the financial or political environment changes ? Wait until a new investor comes up with some new ideas ? Keep patching up the stadium until it's no longer viable ?
Serious questions for the club on 18:14 - Jul 30 with 5083 viewsQPRConor2000

Serious questions for the club on 17:10 - Jul 30 by G_Ottershaw

Similar to an appraisal, i think the existing board/owners should release a statement for the fans outlining their immediate goals and objectives for the club.
Yes, they have constructed a fantastic new training facility, but what's next? Continue negotiations on existing plots of land ? Identify new plots of land ? Wait until the financial or political environment changes ? Wait until a new investor comes up with some new ideas ? Keep patching up the stadium until it's no longer viable ?

Its the lack of comment from the club thats really disappointed me in particular, all it does is fuel rumour and counter-rumours.

We do need something from the club, are they thinking of selling up, perhaps to another owner who can bring this club back to being a self-sustaining business, or is this outside investment purely for buying some land for a new stadium.

Personally think the club should be looking at doing a quarterly update with Lee Hoos or someone else, so every 3 months, I dont expect different answers but it would massively help address concerns.
Serious questions for the club on 18:34 - Jul 30 with 5023 viewsderbyhoop

Serious questions for the club on 18:14 - Jul 30 by QPRConor2000

Its the lack of comment from the club thats really disappointed me in particular, all it does is fuel rumour and counter-rumours.

We do need something from the club, are they thinking of selling up, perhaps to another owner who can bring this club back to being a self-sustaining business, or is this outside investment purely for buying some land for a new stadium.

Personally think the club should be looking at doing a quarterly update with Lee Hoos or someone else, so every 3 months, I dont expect different answers but it would massively help address concerns.

Frankly, since the return from Austria, QPR have become close to a news free zone.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Serious questions for the club on 18:38 - Jul 30 with 5009 viewsHammersmithR

The board certainly have to come out this week and give us an update of where we are with the appointment of the DoF. And certainly explain what is the objective for this season? What plans are in place when we get relegated this season?
Serious questions for the club on 18:59 - Jul 30 with 4958 viewsQPRConor2000

Serious questions for the club on 18:38 - Jul 30 by HammersmithR

The board certainly have to come out this week and give us an update of where we are with the appointment of the DoF. And certainly explain what is the objective for this season? What plans are in place when we get relegated this season?

exactly that, someone needs to get some sense of control here cause its not a good look for us.
Serious questions for the club on 19:10 - Jul 30 with 4929 viewsJuzzie

Sorry for sounding curt but why do the club have to say this and that? We’re not shareholders.
Football is a strange business model in that it’s customers appear to require to be treated differently than those, for example, who frequent McDonalds once a month or so. I doubt they want to know who the next Director is if the french fries have been a bit untasty for a while.

There may be all sorts of reasons why information may not be forthcoming including not giving details away to rival clubs as well as not contravening rules over recruitment etc.
Serious questions for the club on 19:16 - Jul 30 with 4895 viewsG_Ottershaw

Serious questions for the club on 19:10 - Jul 30 by Juzzie

Sorry for sounding curt but why do the club have to say this and that? We’re not shareholders.
Football is a strange business model in that it’s customers appear to require to be treated differently than those, for example, who frequent McDonalds once a month or so. I doubt they want to know who the next Director is if the french fries have been a bit untasty for a while.

There may be all sorts of reasons why information may not be forthcoming including not giving details away to rival clubs as well as not contravening rules over recruitment etc.

Valid point, but who do you think the fans will turn on next season if it goes 'pear shaped', it won't just be ainsworth.
Serious questions for the club on 19:17 - Jul 30 with 4887 viewsessextaxiboy

Serious questions for the club on 18:38 - Jul 30 by HammersmithR

What sort of plans would you like to see in place ?
Login to get fewer ads

Serious questions for the club on 19:18 - Jul 30 with 4881 viewsCateLeBonR

Trouble is if they release a statement to the fans they're also telling everyone else. Which in our current mess probably isn't wise.
Serious questions for the club on 19:26 - Jul 30 with 4837 viewsG_Ottershaw

I would be the first to admit that for confidentiality reasons a certain amount of detail would have to be omitted, but it would be good to know that they are still following a game plan. At times, it feels like the wheels have come off which just creates more speculation.
Serious questions for the club on 19:35 - Jul 30 with 4773 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

The club have said they have engaged consultants to help the process of recruiting a DOF.
That sounds like a process which will take at least several weeks if not months.

I believe I read that Ruben is taking over Tony Fernandez shares. But I may have dreamed that up.

We know that they are looking for new investors. Why that should imply that they intend to sell the club or there is any particular project in mind I don’t know. It hasn’t meant that when they have done the same thing several times in the past.

As usual with QPR I tend to think no news is good news.
Serious questions for the club on 19:36 - Jul 30 with 4766 viewsandrew1302

As I understand it and wrote a few months back the plan is very clear cut costs by 30%. With no real potential of a big sale that leaves us probably in League 1 or worse. There is no plan other than that and people who talk of a new ground are just being dreamers. There will be no new ground. I think the real question is if and when we get relegated how much of a club will we have. The cost savings will happen and with that the football club will just at best become less.
Serious questions for the club on 19:38 - Jul 30 with 4754 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Sack the board, sack the board (and repeat)
Serious questions for the club on 19:52 - Jul 30 with 4699 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

To be relegated a Championship club needs to be really poor (check) AND throw in the towel or commit suicide, which for us remains to be seen. Unless you are unlucky there are usually three clubs who are even worse. NorthernR for one always seems to forget that with his annual we're f*cked reports.

I'd rather the club were spending all their time preparing for the new season and sweating blood trying to recruit better players. Calming some supporters worries should be well down the list of priorities.
Serious questions for the club on 19:58 - Jul 30 with 4672 viewsRangersw12

Serious questions for the club on 19:52 - Jul 30 by Spaghetti_Hoops

To be relegated a Championship club needs to be really poor (check) AND throw in the towel or commit suicide, which for us remains to be seen. Unless you are unlucky there are usually three clubs who are even worse. NorthernR for one always seems to forget that with his annual we're f*cked reports.

I'd rather the club were spending all their time preparing for the new season and sweating blood trying to recruit better players. Calming some supporters worries should be well down the list of priorities.

The club prepared for the new season having charity matches in May which meant the fking pitch isn't ready so a hard start got harder

And can you think of 3 worse teams this season ?
Serious questions for the club on 20:05 - Jul 30 with 4658 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Serious questions for the club on 19:58 - Jul 30 by Rangersw12

The club prepared for the new season having charity matches in May which meant the fking pitch isn't ready so a hard start got harder

Impossible to tell who will be the three worse teams at this time of year.
Anyway it's the worse clubs that get relegated. That's everything - manager, board, FFP, injuries, luck, morale etc etc. I am not interested in who are the worse teams. What would be the point?
Serious questions for the club on 20:13 - Jul 30 with 4599 viewsRangersw12

Serious questions for the club on 20:05 - Jul 30 by Spaghetti_Hoops

Impossible to tell who will be the three worse teams at this time of year.
Anyway it's the worse clubs that get relegated. That's everything - manager, board, FFP, injuries, luck, morale etc etc. I am not interested in who are the worse teams. What would be the point?

I suppose the point is there isn't 3 worse teams than us at the moment IMO

You were implying in your post that there was .
Serious questions for the club on 20:29 - Jul 30 with 4525 viewsbaz_qpr

Serious questions for the club on 19:35 - Jul 30 by Spaghetti_Hoops

The club have said they have engaged consultants to help the process of recruiting a DOF.
That sounds like a process which will take at least several weeks if not months.

I believe I read that Ruben is taking over Tony Fernandez shares. But I may have dreamed that up.

We know that they are looking for new investors. Why that should imply that they intend to sell the club or there is any particular project in mind I don’t know. It hasn’t meant that when they have done the same thing several times in the past.

As usual with QPR I tend to think no news is good news.

Bear in mind that Ruben has just lost his father, you know the billionaire father whose money has bankrolled us. One would imagine his mind is elsewhere at the moment and he probably has many affairs to sort out. We are now asking Hoos and Ainsworth to do the job Ferdninand was doing for the short term. It looks like we cannot do anything really until Chair is sold and or when the prem squads are announced and we can pick over the scraps
Serious questions for the club on 20:30 - Jul 30 with 4519 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Serious questions for the club on 20:13 - Jul 30 by Rangersw12

I suppose the point is there isn't 3 worse teams than us at the moment IMO

You were implying in your post that there was .

No

That's not what I wrote. I don't know and anyway it's the position when the transfer window closes that's more to the point.
Serious questions for the club on 20:42 - Jul 30 with 4458 viewsHammersmithR

The silence from the club is deafening. They have to say as much as they can because we can’t go on like this. To play 4 out of our first 5 games away because of our incompetence with the pitch situation just sums up how badly run we are. It would be good to know that when Ainsworth gets sacked in October who will be making the next appointment. Ramsey did a terrible job when he was in charge and hardly anyone is coming through from the youth team. These are very desperate times for our club.
Serious questions for the club on 21:19 - Jul 30 with 4330 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

I'd rather they just carry on working at it. I hate sugar coated PR, and that's all you'd get.

Plenty of clubs have had to postpone (eg Luton) or play first matches away at the start of a season because stadiums are not ready. It's only two matches. Why is it our fans have to over-dramatise so many things. Hull City's old jibe at us as Drama Queens Park Rangers was so very true.
Serious questions for the club on 21:26 - Jul 30 with 4309 viewsGaryBannister86

Serious questions for the club on 19:38 - Jul 30 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Sack the board, sack the board (and repeat)

The most ridiculous chant ever, under any circumstances. Has any Board ever been sacked? How can this happen anyway? How can you sack yourself and who would ever do that? Who would take over and why?

Next Board Meeting - item 1 on the agenda.

1: Shall we sack ourselves?

No.

Genius.
Serious questions for the club on 21:39 - Jul 30 with 4237 viewsDejR_vu

Serious questions for the club on 21:26 - Jul 30 by GaryBannister86

The most ridiculous chant ever, under any circumstances. Has any Board ever been sacked? How can this happen anyway? How can you sack yourself and who would ever do that? Who would take over and why?

Next Board Meeting - item 1 on the agenda.

1: Shall we sack ourselves?

No.

Genius.

It’s a chant, to make a point. It would sound a bit ridiculous chanting something detailed enough to go on the Statute Book

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Serious questions for the club on 21:49 - Jul 30 with 4186 viewshateley_legend

Serious questions for the club on 18:14 - Jul 30 by QPRConor2000

I think this is where the "supporter-representation-on-the-board" (or lack of) comes in; if we had that avenue open to us then in theory we wouldn't need to be on here demanding our questions/concerns were addressed in this way.

I only have a very cursory understanding of the 51%/German model of ownership but, like everything else the Germans (and Brighton, and Brentford) do, I hate how green with envy it makes me every time I read about their fresh, innovative ways. As is often said on these pages, we really, truly aren't allowed nice, shiny things.
Serious questions for the club on 22:51 - Jul 30 with 3990 viewsVancouverHoop

Serious questions for the club on 19:58 - Jul 30 by Rangersw12

It's a small sample size, but of the three promoted sides only Plymouth fans seem excited. Wednesday's are at least as depressed as we are, they lost to 4-0 to a Spanish Div 2 side last week. Meanwhile Ipswich are remembering that the last time they began the season at Sunderland they were relegated.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024