Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Aaron Ramsdale - abuse in football 00:18 - Aug 4 with 2778 viewsKonk

Really nice piece from Aaron Ramsdale. Top man. Be nice to think a few blokes might read this and think about things.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/aaron-ramsdale-premier-league-arsenal-so
[Post edited 4 Aug 2023 0:19]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Aaron Ramsdale: abuse in football (n/t) on 00:19 - Aug 4 with 2775 viewsKonk

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Aaron Ramsdale - abuse in football on 06:57 - Aug 4 with 2582 viewsSunnyVanGo

Good read that - thanks.
It isn’t hard to abuse someone, but Ramsdale’s words makes it easy to be empathetic.

Enjoy your football this season Konk.
Aaron Ramsdale - abuse in football on 07:45 - Aug 4 with 2496 viewsdaveB

judging by some of the stuff on here written about JCS I doubt much is gonna change
Aaron Ramsdale - abuse in football on 10:13 - Aug 4 with 2309 viewsstevec

Aaron Ramsdale - abuse in football on 07:45 - Aug 4 by daveB

judging by some of the stuff on here written about JCS I doubt much is gonna change

Good article, though I think team games are generally judged by their worst players, particularly in high profile sports. Social media is largely avoidable if you so choose.

Wonder if the Fulham message board is any better, anyone know?
Aaron Ramsdale - abuse in football on 10:19 - Aug 4 with 2292 viewsActonExile

He wants to try being the linesman on the Ellerslie Road touchline.

Poll: Wherever QPR end up playing home games in the future, what is most important?

Aaron Ramsdale - abuse in football on 10:35 - Aug 4 with 2251 viewstraininvain

Fair play to Ramsdale. It can’t have been easy opening up about his wife’s miscarriage. A reminder that we never know what’s going on in someone’s personal life.

Sadly, it’ll put a target on his back for some on social media but I sense he’s thick skinned enough to realise that they’re a very vocal minority.
Aaron Ramsdale - abuse in football on 11:28 - Aug 4 with 2190 viewsJordanFoster

I worked with Aaron and his agent around his move to Arsenal, one of the things that continually came up in conversation was the abuse he was experiencing on social media.

When we were looking into it, actually a lot of the fans that were abusing him were often fans based outside of the UK. We then put a plan in place to win over those at the Emirates, in the hope that the rest would fall into line, which might have gone too far in some regards but still I think the fans certainly appreciate him.

Another timely reminder that these guys are just human and everyone has a cross to bear.
Aaron Ramsdale - abuse in football on 11:57 - Aug 4 with 2126 viewsdmm

Good for him for speaking out. It's a brave thing to do given the culture around football. I hope more high profile players make similar statements and actually mean it unlike some.
Login to get fewer ads

Aaron Ramsdale - abuse in football on 15:02 - Aug 4 with 1959 viewsBklynRanger

Really nicely written, quite touching. He seems like a remarkably down to earth person, not taking any of it for granted.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024