Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kakay 11:22 - Sep 3 with 6407 viewsT_Block

Dear Osman-head up lad that was better.You are being targeted.Watch the tapes , listen to the coaches.Listen to the wise old defenders.80% of the time you were very good and are getting better with every game.I think you can do it.Paul Smyth needs to help you in limiting the space they can play in,but if you read these things the fans I know are willing you on.

Paul Smyth: I went with a Middlesbrough mate and they , like me , thought you were a class apart.I wonder what QPR were playing at.Suppose it takes Ga/Holloway link to get you back
Kakay on 21:35 - Sep 5 with 1539 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Let's be brutally honest, if Cook, Dunne, JCS and Fox were all fit Kakay would not be in the starting 11. Great back up, to come on in the last 10 to shore it up, or start the odd game as injury cover, but he isn't really a starter.
Cant fault his attitude, miles better than Sanderson from a couple of years ago, and he deserves a run in the team. But teams are targeting him, and GA will change it if he has a full fit back line to choice from.
Kakay on 22:10 - Sep 5 with 1453 viewsHastings_Hoops

As someone posted earlier, he could make a very useful holding midfielder / defensive shield. Against Saints he caused problems in the opposition box with some crunching tackles.
Kakay on 11:29 - Sep 6 with 1208 viewsEsox_Lucius

Kakay on 21:35 - Sep 5 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Let's be brutally honest, if Cook, Dunne, JCS and Fox were all fit Kakay would not be in the starting 11. Great back up, to come on in the last 10 to shore it up, or start the odd game as injury cover, but he isn't really a starter.
Cant fault his attitude, miles better than Sanderson from a couple of years ago, and he deserves a run in the team. But teams are targeting him, and GA will change it if he has a full fit back line to choice from.

It may not be Kakay that is being targeted but the lack of cover he has on that side which means the oppo can overload him because Smyth is too far upfield. Two choices, Smyth tracks back or one of the CB's/ Midfielders move over to provide extra cover.

The grass is always greener.

Kakay on 11:31 - Sep 6 with 1194 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Kakay on 11:29 - Sep 6 by Esox_Lucius

It may not be Kakay that is being targeted but the lack of cover he has on that side which means the oppo can overload him because Smyth is too far upfield. Two choices, Smyth tracks back or one of the CB's/ Midfielders move over to provide extra cover.

Agreed.

They may well be trying to force Smyth to defend and nullify him as an attacking threat.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Kakay on 11:58 - Sep 6 with 1117 viewsnix

Kakay on 11:31 - Sep 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Agreed.

They may well be trying to force Smyth to defend and nullify him as an attacking threat.

Yes. We need to balance these out. We can't lose him as an attacking threat as he's too important to us at the moment. But I can imagine GA will work over time on different approaches throughout games (but not try and do everything at once). We need to sometimes come through the middle. I know we haven't got the pace but it would be less predictable. Maybe using Armstrong as a false nine sometimes. At others having Colback dropping back to cover while Smyth goes forwards.

I do think GA is underestimated as a tactician and he will actually have more of a plan B than some of our past managers (including Mr Coach himself MB). But yes it's not fair to hang OK out to dry as I said upthread.
Kakay on 13:02 - Sep 6 with 990 viewsdm97

Despite the narrative he isn’t good enough to be a regular, 46 game a season player at this level I think as a RCB (for a team scrapping it in bottom 8) he is. RCB has always been his best position (where he broke in under Warbs?) and actually in that role I’d rather him than a dunne who looks very uncomfortable when dragged out into the channel.

As a RB/RWB yep a decent back up at best and will probably need to play there at points this season. But the ‘decent squad player good bloke’ narrative is a bit unfair on him when he’s on the right of a back three.

All of this is caveated by what expectation level you’re setting. Promo push and spending money under Warbs? Yeah not good enough. Survival with GA? He’ll do.
Kakay on 20:32 - Sep 6 with 785 viewsnumptydumpty

Kakay on 13:02 - Sep 6 by dm97

Despite the narrative he isn’t good enough to be a regular, 46 game a season player at this level I think as a RCB (for a team scrapping it in bottom 8) he is. RCB has always been his best position (where he broke in under Warbs?) and actually in that role I’d rather him than a dunne who looks very uncomfortable when dragged out into the channel.

As a RB/RWB yep a decent back up at best and will probably need to play there at points this season. But the ‘decent squad player good bloke’ narrative is a bit unfair on him when he’s on the right of a back three.

All of this is caveated by what expectation level you’re setting. Promo push and spending money under Warbs? Yeah not good enough. Survival with GA? He’ll do.

I rate Ossie. Always going be a squad player at championship level but you can't have 25 first team regulars in a squad. You do need some who will always be technically more astute than others but you do need your back up players to be able to do a job for a few games of injuries and loss of form hit others.

Clearly ok in this role. Niko was far from this.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Kakay on 17:26 - Sep 7 with 570 viewsgazza1

Well done to Kakay, doing alright. Puts in some good strong tackles, works hard and is a good club & team player. It will be interesting what happens when all our CB's are fit, if that ever happens, but I would expect him to keep the bench warm.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024