Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread 19:18 - Sep 8 with 32122 viewsToast_R

Been looking forward to this and I think this year will be a cracker. Ireland, France, Bokke and All Black stand out favourites, I've a suspicion Scotland may throw it open on that side of the draw by getting something out of Ireland or RSA.

Tonight though, what a cracker open with; Hosts France take on The All Blacks. I'm going for the All Blacks to silence the Parisienne crowd. Or they could get pumped. 🤔
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 20:26 - Oct 28 with 1321 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I tell you who's done well out of this RWC, Queen and Freddie Mercury's Bank balances.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 22:17 - Oct 28 with 1258 viewsToast_R

Congratulations to South Africa. They really are freakishly lucky but fair play.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 22:20 - Oct 28 with 1247 viewsted_hendrix

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 22:17 - Oct 28 by Toast_R

Congratulations to South Africa. They really are freakishly lucky but fair play.

They sure as hell had the rub of the green.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 22:25 - Oct 28 with 1223 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Surprised Infantino isn't presenting medals.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 22:46 - Oct 28 with 1164 viewsToast_R

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 22:25 - Oct 28 by PlanetHonneywood

Surprised Infantino isn't presenting medals.

Cyril Ramaphosa the SA president grabs the World Cup from Kolisi and holds it aloft before the rest of the players who put their blood and guts into that trophy. WTF? That's a disgrace. Imagine Boris or Sunak doing that if England won a World Cup or Euro's?
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 00:44 - Oct 29 with 1097 viewsMrSheen

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 22:46 - Oct 28 by Toast_R

Cyril Ramaphosa the SA president grabs the World Cup from Kolisi and holds it aloft before the rest of the players who put their blood and guts into that trophy. WTF? That's a disgrace. Imagine Boris or Sunak doing that if England won a World Cup or Euro's?

Just checking if there was any cash stuffed inside it.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 01:01 - Oct 29 with 1052 viewsHitch

Congratulations the Boks, played to their strengths.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 01:04 - Oct 29 with 1085 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 22:20 - Oct 28 by ted_hendrix

Rub of the green does not come close there Ted.
Horrible ref helped them beat France .
Worse ref helped them beat England .
But they saved the best for last that English ref was a disgrace today no question about it.
He admitted to fcuking up and giving a penalty to SA ( 3 points scored ) instead of NZ yet they just played on .
Most of the calls including that yellow favoured SA so the ref butchered for a lot of top teams .
I was hoping NZ would take it but the officials did not allow it .
As for the SA Prersident holding the cup aloft a massive insult to his country IMO.
Luckily there was no Salt Bay sighting
Login to get fewer ads

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 03:14 - Oct 29 with 1032 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 22:20 - Oct 28 by ted_hendrix

Not with having to play Ireland in their group, then France in quarterfinals and then NZ in the final

DonnieR

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 03:17 - Oct 29 with 1030 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

Fully fully agree. Why was he on the stage in the first place. Should concentrate on trying to be a proper leader of a country vs being……

DonnieR

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 07:03 - Oct 30 with 869 viewsHitch

Turns out Smiths try should have counted as TMO can only go back 2 phases, what a bloody shambles!
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 07:08 - Oct 30 with 865 viewsSydneyRs

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 01:04 - Oct 29 by CLAREMAN1995

Rub of the green does not come close there Ted.
Horrible ref helped them beat France .
Worse ref helped them beat England .
But they saved the best for last that English ref was a disgrace today no question about it.
He admitted to fcuking up and giving a penalty to SA ( 3 points scored ) instead of NZ yet they just played on .
Most of the calls including that yellow favoured SA so the ref butchered for a lot of top teams .
I was hoping NZ would take it but the officials did not allow it .
As for the SA Prersident holding the cup aloft a massive insult to his country IMO.
Luckily there was no Salt Bay sighting

Rugby once again ruined by refs.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 08:12 - Oct 30 with 822 viewsRs_Holy

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 22:17 - Oct 28 by Toast_R

they won the 1/4 final by 1 point, the semi final by 1 point and the final by 1 point... I guess it was written in the stars?
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 13:58 - Oct 30 with 720 viewsCamberleyR

It's been happening for years though where some jumped up dignitary likes to get their few seconds of glory. One of the worst I've ever seen was after Liverpool won the European Cup in 1981 and this puffed up nobody in a suit (the president of UEFA) blatantly holds the cup aloft before Phil Thompson grabs it off of him.
3:07 in this video

Turns out he had form for it. He did it in 1979 with Nottingham Forest...
3:41 in

And 1982 with Aston Villa...
5:22 in
[Post edited 30 Oct 2023 14:01]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 14:23 - Oct 30 with 660 viewsTheChef

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 13:58 - Oct 30 by CamberleyR

It's been happening for years though where some jumped up dignitary likes to get their few seconds of glory. One of the worst I've ever seen was after Liverpool won the European Cup in 1981 and this puffed up nobody in a suit (the president of UEFA) blatantly holds the cup aloft before Phil Thompson grabs it off of him.
3:07 in this video

Turns out he had form for it. He did it in 1979 with Nottingham Forest...
3:41 in

And 1982 with Aston Villa...
5:22 in
[Post edited 30 Oct 2023 14:01]

That's Artemio Franchi.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artemio_Franchi

Was a man. Now a stadium.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024