Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread 19:18 - Sep 8 with 32102 viewsToast_R

Been looking forward to this and I think this year will be a cracker. Ireland, France, Bokke and All Black stand out favourites, I've a suspicion Scotland may throw it open on that side of the draw by getting something out of Ireland or RSA.

Tonight though, what a cracker open with; Hosts France take on The All Blacks. I'm going for the All Blacks to silence the Parisienne crowd. Or they could get pumped. 🤔
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 16:04 - Oct 3 with 2608 viewsrobith

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 11:06 - Oct 2 by Toast_R

I really enjoyed the RSA v Tonga game last night. Tonga managed to get three very good Trys past the big Saffa defence which is quite incredible really. The Tongan's absolutely gave everything and may have shown the rest that there are chinks in the South African armour if you don't go head on at them and try and stretch their back line. France will be all over that.

Really lovely moment at the end with the players from both teams too

https://www.tiktok.com/@rugbyworldcup/video/7285129650768973088
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 01:25 - Oct 4 with 2449 viewsbob566

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 02:40 - Sep 25 by SydneyRs

Absolute embarrassment for Australia. Losing to Wales is one thing but by that score? Maybe this will be enough to stop the Aus media constantly trying to tell us after each defeat that Australia are only a couple of tweaks away from being the best team in the world.

Matt Williams was distraught. He said that unfortunately rugby union in oz was behind cricket, league, ozzie rules and soccer. They're a spent force and can't see them challenging again
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 02:07 - Oct 4 with 2432 viewsozexile

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 01:25 - Oct 4 by bob566

Matt Williams was distraught. He said that unfortunately rugby union in oz was behind cricket, league, ozzie rules and soccer. They're a spent force and can't see them challenging again

He's right. I did hear also that decent young players at private schools who were always destined to play Union are all snapped up on league contracts now.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 02:55 - Oct 4 with 2423 viewsSydneyRs

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 02:07 - Oct 4 by ozexile

He's right. I did hear also that decent young players at private schools who were always destined to play Union are all snapped up on league contracts now.

The problem union has it that its become a much worse game to watch over the last 20 years. Over officiated with constant stoppages. I used to enjoy it but can barely do 5 minutes now.

League and AFL are both successful and have strong club competitions. Union lacks that. It also does suffer from being a posh boys game where the image is you have to have gone to the right school to fit in (bar a cluster of islander imports to remain competitive).

Football here in Australia is a weird one. World cups get fervent support but the club game struggles. In general it is hard to get Australians to support clubs passionately and in big numbers. Even in AFL and league the club support is concentrated mainly in two states and in league especially a lot of club games have low attendances until the finals. International stuff like world cups or olympics create more interest. Sports nobody cares about usually like swimming suddenly become a big deal for one week every 4 years.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 12:52 - Oct 8 with 2308 viewsToast_R

At the Vinegar Yard by London Bridge last night for England v Samoa and Ireland v Scotland. Good atmosphere in there.

England's lack of defence is a really worry but Somoa showed what a good Rugby team they can be. Not silure how they lost to Argentina and Japan playing that way, maybe just raised their game yesterday.

Ireland look absolutely sublime. Think they will smash the All Blacks next weekend and it's going to be beautiful.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2023 12:53]
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 14:48 - Oct 8 with 2247 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 12:52 - Oct 8 by Toast_R

At the Vinegar Yard by London Bridge last night for England v Samoa and Ireland v Scotland. Good atmosphere in there.

England's lack of defence is a really worry but Somoa showed what a good Rugby team they can be. Not silure how they lost to Argentina and Japan playing that way, maybe just raised their game yesterday.

Ireland look absolutely sublime. Think they will smash the All Blacks next weekend and it's going to be beautiful.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2023 12:53]

Ireland will have to play their best game in a long time to take out the All Blacks Toast_R I suspect and their injuries are starting to pile up .
NZ have a lot of pride and getting disrespected by the world media will bring out their fury.
Ireland are treating them with ultimate respect but know they are out for revenge IMO.
England are starting to hit the ground running and they could make the semi at least.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 15:40 - Oct 8 with 2215 viewsderbyhoop

You'd expect England vs Fiji in QFs and, despite last night, I'd expect England to win. I was in Bordeaux for Fiji v Georgia and Fijians were poor. England's forwards will hold the key.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 15:47 - Oct 8 with 2210 viewsPaddyhoops

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 14:48 - Oct 8 by CLAREMAN1995

Ireland will have to play their best game in a long time to take out the All Blacks Toast_R I suspect and their injuries are starting to pile up .
NZ have a lot of pride and getting disrespected by the world media will bring out their fury.
Ireland are treating them with ultimate respect but know they are out for revenge IMO.
England are starting to hit the ground running and they could make the semi at least.

Very good points about NZ and Ireland.
Sadly this England team is the poorest coached team I’ve seen in years.
Samoa missed a huge opportunity to beat a full strength England yesterday.
Login to get fewer ads

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 22:31 - Oct 8 with 2064 viewsToast_R

Portugal seal a well earned win in a Rugby Wolrd Cup against a Fijian team that looks to have peaked three weeks ago. At one point it looked as though Australia were gonna sneak into second place in the pool. Glad Fiji are through but they were poor tonight.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 09:42 - Oct 9 with 1972 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 22:31 - Oct 8 by Toast_R

Portugal seal a well earned win in a Rugby Wolrd Cup against a Fijian team that looks to have peaked three weeks ago. At one point it looked as though Australia were gonna sneak into second place in the pool. Glad Fiji are through but they were poor tonight.

Great game to watch.

And yet again: if those in charge of rugby want it to develop beyond the domain of a few countries, then we need so called second tier teams to play tier one teams more regularly.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 09:49 - Oct 9 with 1959 viewsrobith

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 14:48 - Oct 8 by CLAREMAN1995

The All Blacks won't be a pushover but we've won 5 of our last 8 meetings with them, including 2 in New Zealand. Their pantsing of an atrocious Italy team has made people forget they're not the team they were. France showed how to beat them - kick in behind them. Expect Ireland's kicking totals to be much higher than this week
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 09:51 - Oct 9 with 1945 viewsrobith

And big up Portugal, that was amazing
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 13:34 - Oct 9 with 1856 viewsPaddyhoops

It’s all falling into place for England to a degree. Playing a team who were beaten by Portugal.
What could go wrong?
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 08:05 - Oct 14 with 1650 viewsToast_R

What a weekend this is going to be.
Got a horrible feeling both Ireland and France will fall.
Do Ireland have that belief? Can the French refrain from doing something complety stupid?
Can England put something together that resembles some kind of defence?

Yikes.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2023 8:08]
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 10:55 - Oct 14 with 1582 viewswelwynranger

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 13:34 - Oct 9 by Paddyhoops

It’s all falling into place for England to a degree. Playing a team who were beaten by Portugal.
What could go wrong?

What could go wrong.

I remember thinking that when the football team were playing Iceland.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 15:36 - Oct 14 with 1474 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 08:05 - Oct 14 by Toast_R

What a weekend this is going to be.
Got a horrible feeling both Ireland and France will fall.
Do Ireland have that belief? Can the French refrain from doing something complety stupid?
Can England put something together that resembles some kind of defence?

Yikes.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2023 8:08]

I have the opposite feeling there Toast _R thinking Ireland and France will advance and England also.
NZ have very little respect for Ireland being ranked No 1 I feel and big Andy will have them running through fire to send them packing back down under .
A few injury worries for both France and Ireland but they are ready to strap it on and win.
England must be thrilled to be in the easier section and are so far under the radar they are very dangerous IMO.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 16:18 - Oct 14 with 1450 viewsSAPilgrim

At the start of the year I made a bet with a friend about Ireland breaking the historic duxk of never making SF. Today we find out if that pays off. Nervous but hopeful to hear zombie ringing out tonight
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 18:04 - Oct 14 with 1388 viewstoboboly

Not sure how Farrell has kept his place after fcking up so many kicks, passes, tackles and being timed out.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 19:26 - Oct 14 with 1321 viewsterryb

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 18:04 - Oct 14 by toboboly

Not sure how Farrell has kept his place after fcking up so many kicks, passes, tackles and being timed out.

I've just seen that Wales did well!
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 19:37 - Oct 14 with 1300 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 18:04 - Oct 14 by toboboly

He must have incriminating pictures of the management.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 19:51 - Oct 14 with 1280 viewsToast_R

Argentina so deserved that. Wonderful game saving tackle on Reece Zammit at the end.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 20:27 - Oct 14 with 1242 viewsted_hendrix

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 19:51 - Oct 14 by Toast_R

Argentina so deserved that. Wonderful game saving tackle on Reece Zammit at the end.

Yea, It looked like a try all day long, Unbelievable tackle.

Can't call the Ireland--New Zealand game at the moment.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 20:59 - Oct 14 with 1182 viewsBlackCrowe

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 20:27 - Oct 14 by ted_hendrix

Yea, It looked like a try all day long, Unbelievable tackle.

Can't call the Ireland--New Zealand game at the moment.

It's a helluva game. Ireland bench is strong, could make the difference.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 21:01 - Oct 14 with 1168 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

What a game. Brutal, yet mesmerising. Can't call it.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 21:21 - Oct 14 with 1131 viewsBoston

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 19:26 - Oct 14 by terryb

I've just seen that Wales did well!

They'll be rioting on the streets of Patagonia tonight, boyo.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024