Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spiders. 12:36 - Sep 22 with 4497 viewsMick_S

They’re back. Did you know it takes between 15 minutes to an hour to build a web. Impressive. Sometimes they eat their webs and make new one overnight or in the morning.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Spiders. on 09:02 - Sep 23 with 972 viewsFDC

Used to live in Hong Kong and would often come across these monstrosities out on hikes, just dangling across the path
Spiders. on 10:22 - Sep 23 with 903 viewsSydneyRs

Spiders. on 15:22 - Sep 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

Blame Peppa Pig

https://amp.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/sep/05/peppa-pig-spiders-cant-hurt

Ironically the huge huntsman isn't dangerous at all but I still bloody hate them. Have had a few in the house over the years and it takes quite a lot of spray to knock them down. One time there was one in our bathroom and I reckon it was touch and go which of us would succumb to the spray first 😄
Spiders. on 10:25 - Sep 23 with 903 viewsSydneyRs

Spiders. on 18:14 - Sep 22 by aston_hoop

Not a huge fan of spiders but on the c**t scale, they are a level below cockroaches. Horrible things. What do they do? What value do they bring to the planet? The creature equivalent of Chelsea fans

A fair call, but mosquitos are the biggest c**ts of all.
Spiders. on 10:40 - Sep 23 with 888 viewsR_from_afar

Spiders. on 18:18 - Sep 22 by Metallica_Hoop

One big firker yesterday made a web between my guitar and booze shelf. (the only thing it was gonna catch was fumes).

I gently ejected my guest and placed it outside and about an hour later there was a new web outside with my late guest happily swinging away in the wind.

I read up on mating season so the window will remain closed for the time being. Mossies don't bite me but spiders do. (I'm sure I could put that to the goldie looking chain song. Guns dont kill people... was that them? I can't be arsed to look)
[Post edited 22 Sep 2023 18:18]

A quality tune, hilarious lyrics. Mrs R from Afar had never seen it before and was literally crying with laughter.

OK, quiet time now, and my pills

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Spiders. on 15:12 - Sep 23 with 776 viewsBoston

I miss the Spiders from Mars.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Spiders. on 15:31 - Sep 23 with 755 viewsManinBlack

The Spiders are in a poor run of form. Lost 5-2 to Ayr last night
Spiders. on 15:35 - Sep 23 with 748 viewsRanger_Things

Spiders. on 09:02 - Sep 23 by FDC

Used to live in Hong Kong and would often come across these monstrosities out on hikes, just dangling across the path

I don’t mind spiders but that can fck right off.
Spiders. on 16:15 - Sep 23 with 722 viewsMick_S

Spiders. on 15:35 - Sep 23 by Ranger_Things

I don’t mind spiders but that can fck right off.

It’s got a smiley arse.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Login to get fewer ads

Spiders. on 16:19 - Sep 24 with 549 viewskernowhoop

Spiders. on 13:34 - Sep 22 by R_from_afar

Previously, I have waffled on about invasive species and in particular, the box tree moth. It's an invasive species, from Asia, and has become established in south east England. Its caterpillars nuked my little box bush and the same fate has befallen my neighbour's hedge. I was in Homebase earlier today - the heady life I lead - and a lot of their potted box bushes were showing signs of the infestation too: foliage biscuit brown, lifeless looking and devoid of greenery. The moth, by the wave, is stunning, a day flying one, quite large, all white except for a black band round the edge of its wings.

Anyway, I mention this again here because I am not long back from a holiday in France, as part of which I spent a week in the Cevennes, in the centre of the country. We arrived just after a period of very dry weather and 40 degree heat, so I wasn't surprised that the countryside - high altitude heathland - looked brown and desiccated.

Then it hit me: The main issue was that a lot of the native vegetation was actually box. I had always thought of it as primarily a garden plant but here on the Cevennes, it was everywhere. *Dead* everywhere. Heartbreaking

Those moths destroyed box hedges in a corner of France (The Lot) that we are familiar with, a couple of summers ago, but, thankfully they had recovered well this summer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024