Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are We Now One Of Those 3 Worst Teams 13:53 - Oct 1 with 6055 viewsNorthantsHoop

I'm starting if not already fear we are settling into the league position of one of the teams that we believe are worse than us in a relegation battle. The green shoots of improvement which sporadically appear in our away performances seem to evaporate as soon as the team step on the field at Loftus Road.
Are We Now One Of Those 3 Worst Teams on 08:59 - Oct 2 with 2281 viewsMonkey_Roots

Dunne returning along with Colback just makes us harder to beat.

Without goals, we’ll not win much.

Dykes may get to double figures, if he’s lucky. I can’t see Sinclair hitting it.

Chair can’t shoot, Willock won’t. Smyth’s end product, be it shooting or crossing, is iffy as fūck.

Urgh.
Are We Now One Of Those 3 Worst Teams on 09:02 - Oct 2 with 2262 viewsBluce_Ree

Not looking good. We needed to stick around 16th and have a little cushion just to allow us a few shit results but we're like an MMA fighter whose plan was to avoid getting taken down but it's now a minute into the first round and we're on our backs with Brock Lesnar raining down elbows on our face.

It's going to be Piss Season. A season of piss for the Rs. Our new found haka skills aren't going to get us out of this predicament.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Are We Now One Of Those 3 Worst Teams on 09:13 - Oct 2 with 2224 viewsWatfordR

Are We Now One Of Those 3 Worst Teams on 18:56 - Oct 1 by Northernr

Goals. It's as simple as that. Only Sheff Wed have scored fewer. We have loads and loads of other problems, but the biggest fundamental thing with this team is there are no goals in it.

We could sign Harry Kane and I don't think we'd score many playing the way we do.
Are We Now One Of Those 3 Worst Teams on 09:20 - Oct 2 with 2207 viewsBluce_Ree

Are We Now One Of Those 3 Worst Teams on 09:13 - Oct 2 by WatfordR

We could sign Harry Kane and I don't think we'd score many playing the way we do.

You'd hope that a striker of any decent calibre would be able to make the runs necessary and always make himself available for a ball. The problem with QPR is that when we're shit it's like we're playing turn-based football. A guy will have the ball 35 to 40 yards out and every potential pass is blocked and that's the end of the story. No runs, no intricate passing triangles. Just chess football.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Are We Now One Of Those 3 Worst Teams on 09:36 - Oct 2 with 2165 viewsWatfordR

Are We Now One Of Those 3 Worst Teams on 09:20 - Oct 2 by Bluce_Ree

You'd hope that a striker of any decent calibre would be able to make the runs necessary and always make himself available for a ball. The problem with QPR is that when we're shit it's like we're playing turn-based football. A guy will have the ball 35 to 40 yards out and every potential pass is blocked and that's the end of the story. No runs, no intricate passing triangles. Just chess football.

Every time we get in and around the box, we run out of ideas. As you say, the runs, intricate passing that might create some space just non existent. I wouldn't call it chess football because with chess there is thought and tactical strategy.

And as Clive mentioned, only ever Dykes in the box so the chances of him getting enough time or space to make a clean strike on goal are very slim. It's a goal a game (max) football, which in turn takes a huge amount of pressure off the opposition, because they've only got to get an attack right once in a game to guarantee a draw (min).

I think 3-4-3 should be the best way for us to play, but Cannon hasn't been brought in to watch us play that way, so we'll be back to 4-4-2 fairly shortly with our best player stuck back out on the left wing. If you accept that the players are doing what they are being asked to do, and are working hard for the manager, I'm not sure how you lay the lack of a potentially effective attacking tactical strategy anywhere but with the manager.
Are We Now One Of Those 3 Worst Teams on 09:40 - Oct 2 with 2155 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Are We Now One Of Those 3 Worst Teams on 14:30 - Oct 1 by Antti_Heinola

Anything could happen, but I'd be shocked if the current bottom 3 are not the final bottom 3. It's just the order that could change.

Way too early to be saying that in my opinion Anti. So much could happen. What is clear is that our home performances need to improve though.
Are We Now One Of Those 3 Worst Teams on 09:49 - Oct 2 with 2148 viewsR_from_afar

Are We Now One Of Those 3 Worst Teams on 18:56 - Oct 1 by Northernr

Goals. It's as simple as that. Only Sheff Wed have scored fewer. We have loads and loads of other problems, but the biggest fundamental thing with this team is there are no goals in it.

Indeed. Even teams with top coaches and the best players will struggle to win if they only average one goal per game and we're not even achieving that yet.

We desperately need to bring in a striker, either on loan or a free agent. I know it won't be easy to find someone and even if we do get one, brace yourself because they are unlikely to be amazing.

That said, the squad must surely be aware that we sorely lack goals so I think adding a striker, whoever they are - unless they have been involved in scandals, like Marlon King, shudder - will give them a psychological lift.

I think January could be too late, there could be too much of a mountain to climb by then.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Are We Now One Of Those 3 Worst Teams on 11:29 - Oct 2 with 2083 viewsNorthantsHoop

Are We Now One Of Those 3 Worst Teams on 09:49 - Oct 2 by R_from_afar

Indeed. Even teams with top coaches and the best players will struggle to win if they only average one goal per game and we're not even achieving that yet.

We desperately need to bring in a striker, either on loan or a free agent. I know it won't be easy to find someone and even if we do get one, brace yourself because they are unlikely to be amazing.

That said, the squad must surely be aware that we sorely lack goals so I think adding a striker, whoever they are - unless they have been involved in scandals, like Marlon King, shudder - will give them a psychological lift.

I think January could be too late, there could be too much of a mountain to climb by then.

We just don't have sufficient pace and quality through the midfield to actually get enough bodies in the oppositions 18 yard box. It was like a traffic jam of wing backs on the left and right on Saturday but no players other than Dykes in the penalty area, even he was a yard or three behind. Watch it every game at Loftus Road, the better teams are able to attack through the centre and pressure the central defence. Shoving Chair on the left is a waste, asking Willock to play out wide is a waste. Remember the days when we had Eze (know he is another level) but he really kicked on when he had a free flowing central role. Until we play a higher front line more centrally focused we are toast. Coventry's Allen was playing the sort of role that Chair should be doing but I doubt Ainsworth and Dobson want to give him flexibility. Willock just looks lost and Smyth can't make a cross to save his life. Anyway as I said it was like a traffic jam of wing backs on our right on Saturday there must have been 4 in the first half who could not make a decision on whether to cross or not on a couple of occasions and it all came to nothing. We also get stuck on the left side as well. I know Armstrong is raw still but he does drive through the centre and causes problems i.e. non penalty.
Login to get fewer ads

Are We Now One Of Those 3 Worst Teams on 11:31 - Oct 2 with 2066 viewsAntti_Heinola

Are We Now One Of Those 3 Worst Teams on 09:40 - Oct 2 by CroydonCaptJack

Way too early to be saying that in my opinion Anti. So much could happen. What is clear is that our home performances need to improve though.

That's why I said 'anything could happen' :)

Bare bones.

Are We Now One Of Those 3 Worst Teams on 11:35 - Oct 2 with 2063 viewsAntti_Heinola

Are We Now One Of Those 3 Worst Teams on 11:29 - Oct 2 by NorthantsHoop

We just don't have sufficient pace and quality through the midfield to actually get enough bodies in the oppositions 18 yard box. It was like a traffic jam of wing backs on the left and right on Saturday but no players other than Dykes in the penalty area, even he was a yard or three behind. Watch it every game at Loftus Road, the better teams are able to attack through the centre and pressure the central defence. Shoving Chair on the left is a waste, asking Willock to play out wide is a waste. Remember the days when we had Eze (know he is another level) but he really kicked on when he had a free flowing central role. Until we play a higher front line more centrally focused we are toast. Coventry's Allen was playing the sort of role that Chair should be doing but I doubt Ainsworth and Dobson want to give him flexibility. Willock just looks lost and Smyth can't make a cross to save his life. Anyway as I said it was like a traffic jam of wing backs on our right on Saturday there must have been 4 in the first half who could not make a decision on whether to cross or not on a couple of occasions and it all came to nothing. We also get stuck on the left side as well. I know Armstrong is raw still but he does drive through the centre and causes problems i.e. non penalty.

Good post, and two things come of that:
1. There were so many times on Saturday where fans were screaming 'cross it!' but when you looked in the box it was 5 v 1 half the time in favour of Cov.
2. One of the few times we did actually load the box, we scored.

Bare bones.

Are We Now One Of Those 3 Worst Teams on 11:39 - Oct 2 with 2057 viewsPhilmyRs

Blackburn already feels like a massive game. Looking at the table shows how annoying that home draw with Swansea was too. Rotherham, Sheff Weds and Swansea would be 3 teams I'd say we should finish above and I think if GA failed to do that it would be on him.

A failure to address our striking problems is one of the biggest failures of our transfer policy in recent years. Goals change games and we have hardly any in our team.
Are We Now One Of Those 3 Worst Teams on 11:45 - Oct 2 with 2056 viewsdaveB

Amazing how perceptions change with one result but lack of goals is clearly a problem and whilst people were heaping praise on the transfer window last week I still find it hard to understand why we didn't sign any forwards at all.

I think through blind optimism we'll be OK mainly as I think Warnock will come in and save us again
Are We Now One Of Those 3 Worst Teams on 11:53 - Oct 2 with 2053 viewsAntti_Heinola

Are We Now One Of Those 3 Worst Teams on 11:45 - Oct 2 by daveB

Amazing how perceptions change with one result but lack of goals is clearly a problem and whilst people were heaping praise on the transfer window last week I still find it hard to understand why we didn't sign any forwards at all.

I think through blind optimism we'll be OK mainly as I think Warnock will come in and save us again

Not really aware of many perceptions changing. Those of us who could see how short we are can still see it, those who cling to optimism are still clinging to it, and good luck to them!

Bare bones.

Are We Now One Of Those 3 Worst Teams on 11:55 - Oct 2 with 2044 viewsPhilmyRs

Are We Now One Of Those 3 Worst Teams on 11:45 - Oct 2 by daveB

Agreed.

So many people piling in on Keven Gallen too when he regularly raises the striker point, which I always think is fair. I'd possibly say the loans involving Wells/Hugo was probably when we were last stocked with good numbers of strikers. While accepting financial situation has changed, and everyone wants strikers etc. we shouldn't have ended up with a team where if one striker (Dykes) goes down, we're essentially relying on a kid who really should be out on loan, and whose had fitness issues himself, and if they were to pull up injured we'd have nothing. That is a poorly run recruitment programme.
Are We Now One Of Those 3 Worst Teams on 12:47 - Oct 2 with 1991 viewsTheChef

According to the league table today, yes.

Let's see if we're still there after game 46.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Are We Now One Of Those 3 Worst Teams on 13:45 - Oct 2 with 1925 viewsMcDuffin

Everything can change so I think it's premature to talk about this subject.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024