Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report 23:45 - Oct 1 with 11076 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/60981
QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 21:12 - Oct 2 with 2508 viewsBurnleyhoop

QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 17:00 - Oct 2 by Northernr

Ok well I don't think much to W0 D1 L4 F3 A9 at home this season either as it goes.

Neither do I Clive, but everyone bleating and crying about it like a bunch of spoiled brats ain’t changing nothing. We are where we are and it sucks big time.

Time to stop feeling sorry for ourselves, grow a pair, knuckle down and fight our way through it ffs.
No patience and no backbone with society anymore and I thought you of all people understood what it is like to battle through adversity.

I, like many, no most on here, cringe at much of what I see but I do look for the positives, because if you don’t and choose to wallow in the self pity of it all, you’d be better off stepping away for the sake of your own mental health.

Ainsworth’s job is to drag this lot up by the bootlaces and motivate them to believe they can compete with teams clearly superior to what we can muster from the dregs of last season’s squad and a few sensible freebie additions scraped from the bottom of the barrel. All things considered, he isn’t doing a bad job and with a bit of luck and better officiating things might not have looked quite so bad.

We expected it to be tough and so it is proving, but we are 9 games in and whilst Chair is giving everything he has and Armstrong still wants to flatten anything that moves, they will get my full support to the death, if indeed, that should be our fate.
QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 21:15 - Oct 2 with 2491 viewsWegerles_Stairs

QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 19:53 - Oct 2 by ManinBlack

I am not talking about past wages I am talking about what we are paying now and how much worse we have got in the last two years the more we tighten the belt. We have lousy strikers because we can't pay the wages of decent forwards. In recent times we have relied on on loan strikers because we paid the wages for them but now we can't afford to continue with that policy and we are left with our own forwards we have now and they are not good enough. In truth our creativity is equally poor so we don't engineer enough scoring opportunities partly down to slow play and static players.

Who was our last decent striker (not on loan) though? Charlie first time round? 2016. That's pretty shocking in terms of recruitment, our belt-tightening this season notwithstanding.

Tbh I don't mind Dykes but he needs decent crosses onto his head, so playing him up top on his own is never going to get you many goals.
QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 21:27 - Oct 2 with 2455 viewsBushRanger82

Leeds on Wednesday night, is going to be interesting.
Anybody going up there, and paying those buggers £45 for the privalege of watching a second tier game, needs their bumps read.
I do hope though, that our away form keeps making up for our lamentable home form, for all of you.
QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 21:48 - Oct 2 with 2426 viewsjoe90

Desperate stuff at the moment.

It’s some of the worst football I’ve seen at Loftus Road in resent times. Tactically, we’re clueless. I find it difficult to understand what we’re doing. With previous managers I’ve always been able to grasp the game plan, even when it hasn’t gone to plan, even under Holloway I could kind of see the logic of what he was doing! Under Ainsworth I’m not seeing it. The shape, the space, the movement, it’s all off.

Armstrong just isn’t up to the job, that was painfully obvious on Saturday. He should be on loan somewhere, not being used as impact sub. But this is the reality of the three year spending cycle/period. It’s brutal, basically, field a really poor squad or get docked points for spending money. Sell all your assets and hope the manager can pick up a gem from the lower league or bring through some young players.

The craziest thing is that I still hold some hope for us, though that might change after Blackburn!
QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 22:41 - Oct 2 with 2331 viewsstainrods_elbow

QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 21:27 - Oct 2 by BushRanger82

Leeds on Wednesday night, is going to be interesting.
Anybody going up there, and paying those buggers £45 for the privalege of watching a second tier game, needs their bumps read.
I do hope though, that our away form keeps making up for our lamentable home form, for all of you.

Even London on comms post-Cov was urging Rs fans not to travel to Leeds and watch the club stream instead. Which is defeatist horsecr*p, if you think about it, regardless of price.

The whole club is out of whack right now, and I share the despair as things stand that we lack the nous and vision, collectively, to transcend the sum of our parts. For so early in the season, Ainsworth looked scarily nervy in his post-match interview. The issue is partly the deficits in the squad that we all know about, compounded by a witless and unfit-for-purpose management team, I'm sorry to say. The ten-man surrender vs Sunderland told me a lot, and the abject ineptitude of Saturday, signed and sealed by the utter c*nts with the flags and whistle, even more.

It wouldn't surprise me if we get a cruelly hopes-raising battling point at Leeds, but I can only foresee another capitulation vs Blackburn thereafter if we do. Keep taking one step forward and then two back, and we'll be down by Easter if not sooner.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2023 22:46]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 00:11 - Oct 3 with 2249 viewsNorthernr

QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 22:41 - Oct 2 by stainrods_elbow

Even London on comms post-Cov was urging Rs fans not to travel to Leeds and watch the club stream instead. Which is defeatist horsecr*p, if you think about it, regardless of price.

The whole club is out of whack right now, and I share the despair as things stand that we lack the nous and vision, collectively, to transcend the sum of our parts. For so early in the season, Ainsworth looked scarily nervy in his post-match interview. The issue is partly the deficits in the squad that we all know about, compounded by a witless and unfit-for-purpose management team, I'm sorry to say. The ten-man surrender vs Sunderland told me a lot, and the abject ineptitude of Saturday, signed and sealed by the utter c*nts with the flags and whistle, even more.

It wouldn't surprise me if we get a cruelly hopes-raising battling point at Leeds, but I can only foresee another capitulation vs Blackburn thereafter if we do. Keep taking one step forward and then two back, and we'll be down by Easter if not sooner.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2023 22:46]

Are you going to Leeds?
QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 00:15 - Oct 3 with 2235 viewsNorthernr

QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 17:31 - Oct 2 by LazyFan

Simms looked rubbish to me last season and in this game. £8m for him, crazy, yet he scored two goals against us.

Cov have wasted the money there. Shame we were overrun in the middle and let him have so many chances.

He's played against us twice in the last 12 months and scored three times. He's in a completely different dimension to any of the daft twts we've got playing for us.
QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 00:44 - Oct 3 with 2211 viewsLazyFan

QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 00:15 - Oct 3 by Northernr

He's played against us twice in the last 12 months and scored three times. He's in a completely different dimension to any of the daft twts we've got playing for us.

Only scoring against Charity Park Rangers is not a high-bar reference.
He's Pony, you will see.

zzzzzzzzzz

Login to get fewer ads

QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 06:17 - Oct 3 with 2133 viewsjoe90

QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 00:44 - Oct 3 by LazyFan

Only scoring against Charity Park Rangers is not a high-bar reference.
He's Pony, you will see.

I thought the same at half time. I actually saw it as our lifeline, he was poor first half, he had a number of golden opportunities gifted to him and didn’t take them. Sadly we were worst.
QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 06:27 - Oct 3 with 2130 viewsBklynRanger

I read this yesterday and can't get poor Warwick Davis's drowning face out of my head now.
QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 07:17 - Oct 3 with 2100 viewsDeanoMD

QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 21:12 - Oct 2 by Burnleyhoop

Neither do I Clive, but everyone bleating and crying about it like a bunch of spoiled brats ain’t changing nothing. We are where we are and it sucks big time.

Time to stop feeling sorry for ourselves, grow a pair, knuckle down and fight our way through it ffs.
No patience and no backbone with society anymore and I thought you of all people understood what it is like to battle through adversity.

I, like many, no most on here, cringe at much of what I see but I do look for the positives, because if you don’t and choose to wallow in the self pity of it all, you’d be better off stepping away for the sake of your own mental health.

Ainsworth’s job is to drag this lot up by the bootlaces and motivate them to believe they can compete with teams clearly superior to what we can muster from the dregs of last season’s squad and a few sensible freebie additions scraped from the bottom of the barrel. All things considered, he isn’t doing a bad job and with a bit of luck and better officiating things might not have looked quite so bad.

We expected it to be tough and so it is proving, but we are 9 games in and whilst Chair is giving everything he has and Armstrong still wants to flatten anything that moves, they will get my full support to the death, if indeed, that should be our fate.

This all day long.

You can slag Ainsworth off all you like but the facts are he has improved things from last season and is working towards to getting us as a club into a better place. It's not going to happen overnight and it would be refreshing to see fans show some patience and support instead of constantly going on about the negatives all the time.

If that's all you focus on you'll never be happy and it won't matter who is in charge because you will constantly pick fault.

We have a small squad that has limitations, it's far from perfect we know this but the aim this season is to stay up. It looks like most of you have given up after 9 games.

It's laughable that fans believe if Ainsworth is sacked and manager changed all of a sudden our problems are solved. It will still be the same squad, a squad that actually support the manager and are clearly working with him, that potentially would not be the case with a new gaffer, especially Jones, and then we are right back to square one and a repeat of last season or worse.

Context is everything and when you look at the bigger picture the sensible thing to do at the moment is sit tight and support the club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024