Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report 23:45 - Oct 1 with 11081 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/60981
QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 12:41 - Oct 2 with 2109 viewsTK1

QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 12:18 - Oct 2 by Antti_Heinola

Warnock will likely be in by January, but to what end I'm not really sure. Yes, he may well keep us up. Then what?

Then we exhale, shake hands and appoint a new coach (ideally after a DOF) in the summer. That's what happens in football - and there's loads of good coaches who'd come to QPR. New P&S head-room next season and away we go.
Losing every game at home is unsustainable, and we have a lot of very difficult home games looming. The team's on fire and Red Adair is unemployed. Worry about what happens after that then. I am sick of jam tomorrow
QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 12:44 - Oct 2 with 2084 viewsTheChef

QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 11:54 - Oct 2 by Rangers67

I would agree that getting anyone into the plus Dykes would be a good thing but ask Chair to provide the ammo and finish at the same time is naive. As I said I watched Dykes for a while on Saturday before I got bored/ frustrated / enraged and at one stage Willock put in a realyy decent cross in the first half, where do you think Dykes was, standing scratching his nuts on the edge of the area. He simply isn,t good enough. He waits around the back post looking to get marked by the three opponents that are there. The one time recently he attacked the front post he scored against Swansea. , how many more times does he need to do this before realising it may pay didvidends.

As has been mentioned before Dykes is kind of bi polar in how he plays - some games putting himself about, roughing up the CBs, getting on the end of stuff. Other games wondering about aimlessly as if he'd never played football before.

He needs decent service from wide, but can appreciate a little why his teammates might not bother if he's not looking to make the runs; works the other way too I suppose *sigh*

As for Chair, yes his end product could be better, delivering the ball earlier, getting his head up. For all Beale's faults this was one area where he helped Chair improve, but he seems to have gone backwards again.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 12:46 - Oct 2 with 2080 viewsthehat

QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 11:33 - Oct 2 by nadera78

Asking why Chair is still playing for QPR and asking why we don't score enough goals actually amounts to the same thing.

In the dim and distant past you used to tell players "If a teammate is crossing the ball from the other side of the pitch, you attack the far post". It's basic, very basic in fact. Centre forward attacks the near post, second player attacks the far post, third player delays his run slightly to hit the penalty spot or pick up the second ball. It's not fancy, it's not complicated, it's not something that gets a million likes on YouTube, it won't give the Level 3 coaching badge brigade a little erection, but it does get you goals. In fact, it is the sort of thing you used to teach little kids never mind professional footballers.

And yet, time after time on Saturday I watched Smyth put a cross (variable quality, granted) into the box where Dykes was the only attacking player. Outnumbered 4-1. Look up the pitch and see Chair 10 yards outside the penalty area (Willock even further away, but I think we all have to accept he's done playing for us in any meaningful way). How can Chair, at 25 years old, having played 200 games, still not know you have to attack the back post? And I seem to recall something about Chair's goals all coming from outside the area?

I say that with the full knowledge that Chair is our best attacking player. But the reason no-one wants to pay money for him (or the sort of money we want for our best player) is that he doesn't impact the game enough. Why doesn't he score more goals? Why is he never in a position to attack crosses? Why, when he does occasionally get into a shooting position, does he so often look for the perfect set up instead of having a dig? Why does he consistently get past one player, only to turn back into trouble?

But, then again maybe I'm just a dinosaur. Maybe the idea of doing things on the pitch that actually increase your chances of scoring goals - like taking shot and attacking crosses - is outdated.

I do agree - I love Chair to bits and thought he had a really good first half Saturday but unfortunately for all his touches he very rarely effects games.....just watch Jamie Allen on Saturday for Coventry completely grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck and had a major influence on its outcome.

Our bad run under Warburton started as soon as Chair returned from AFCON and he put him straight back in the side. Peterborough away I remember it well. It's now doubly obvious it's even worse when you start Willock in the same starting 11.

Like I say I love him to bits but he is not influencing games as he could so we need to find a way to change that. I guess there is a reason no one has come in for him.
QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 12:48 - Oct 2 with 2066 viewswestberksr

great report Clive

was my first attendance of the season and at half time I thought 3 things.....

the shiit ref is going to cost us
we are too open at the back he can't keep missing
we are playing ok but not creating

thanks for confirming all of the above to varying degrees

in a 1 off match (Klopp might agree) you can blame the ref's and that stuff; in a 20 match home run like this you need to look closer to home

....... thankfully I'm on holiday this week
QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 12:51 - Oct 2 with 2060 viewsnadera78

QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 11:54 - Oct 2 by Rangers67

I would agree that getting anyone into the plus Dykes would be a good thing but ask Chair to provide the ammo and finish at the same time is naive. As I said I watched Dykes for a while on Saturday before I got bored/ frustrated / enraged and at one stage Willock put in a realyy decent cross in the first half, where do you think Dykes was, standing scratching his nuts on the edge of the area. He simply isn,t good enough. He waits around the back post looking to get marked by the three opponents that are there. The one time recently he attacked the front post he scored against Swansea. , how many more times does he need to do this before realising it may pay didvidends.

You obviously can't ask one player to cross the ball and simultaneously be on the end of it, but I'm not asking anyone to do that. If Smyth is crossing the ball from the right, why is Chair not busting a gut to get into the box from the other side of the pitch?

I think we've all accepted that Dykes is not that great a player, and you're right he doesn't attack the ball enough, but he's the best we've got and leaving him 4v1 in the box every time is pointless.

And that doesn't take away from my main point - that our players just don't do enough of the basic things you need to do on a football pitch if you want to score goals and win matches. They're not children, they're professional footballers, but they don't play like it.
QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 12:51 - Oct 2 with 2059 viewsAntti_Heinola

QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 12:46 - Oct 2 by thehat

I do agree - I love Chair to bits and thought he had a really good first half Saturday but unfortunately for all his touches he very rarely effects games.....just watch Jamie Allen on Saturday for Coventry completely grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck and had a major influence on its outcome.

Our bad run under Warburton started as soon as Chair returned from AFCON and he put him straight back in the side. Peterborough away I remember it well. It's now doubly obvious it's even worse when you start Willock in the same starting 11.

Like I say I love him to bits but he is not influencing games as he could so we need to find a way to change that. I guess there is a reason no one has come in for him.

jesus christ, he is literally the only player who creates or does anything. He's the only player who creates space. He's the only player who can take on a defender. The problem is not Chair. The problem is him looking up and seeing NOTHING ON time after time after time.

Bare bones.

QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 13:07 - Oct 2 with 2006 viewsTheChef

QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 12:51 - Oct 2 by nadera78

You obviously can't ask one player to cross the ball and simultaneously be on the end of it, but I'm not asking anyone to do that. If Smyth is crossing the ball from the right, why is Chair not busting a gut to get into the box from the other side of the pitch?

I think we've all accepted that Dykes is not that great a player, and you're right he doesn't attack the ball enough, but he's the best we've got and leaving him 4v1 in the box every time is pointless.

And that doesn't take away from my main point - that our players just don't do enough of the basic things you need to do on a football pitch if you want to score goals and win matches. They're not children, they're professional footballers, but they don't play like it.

Yes need to get more of our midfielders up to support Dykes.

I suppose Colback will return for Willock on Wednesday night.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 13:14 - Oct 2 with 1979 viewsRangers67

QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 12:51 - Oct 2 by nadera78

Understand your point but I haven,t seen many games where Chair hasn,t busted a gut . Some of the others ?
Login to get fewer ads

QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 14:18 - Oct 2 with 1816 viewsNewBee

QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 11:33 - Oct 2 by nadera78

Asking why Chair is still playing for QPR and asking why we don't score enough goals actually amounts to the same thing.

In the dim and distant past you used to tell players "If a teammate is crossing the ball from the other side of the pitch, you attack the far post". It's basic, very basic in fact. Centre forward attacks the near post, second player attacks the far post, third player delays his run slightly to hit the penalty spot or pick up the second ball. It's not fancy, it's not complicated, it's not something that gets a million likes on YouTube, it won't give the Level 3 coaching badge brigade a little erection, but it does get you goals. In fact, it is the sort of thing you used to teach little kids never mind professional footballers.

And yet, time after time on Saturday I watched Smyth put a cross (variable quality, granted) into the box where Dykes was the only attacking player. Outnumbered 4-1. Look up the pitch and see Chair 10 yards outside the penalty area (Willock even further away, but I think we all have to accept he's done playing for us in any meaningful way). How can Chair, at 25 years old, having played 200 games, still not know you have to attack the back post? And I seem to recall something about Chair's goals all coming from outside the area?

I say that with the full knowledge that Chair is our best attacking player. But the reason no-one wants to pay money for him (or the sort of money we want for our best player) is that he doesn't impact the game enough. Why doesn't he score more goals? Why is he never in a position to attack crosses? Why, when he does occasionally get into a shooting position, does he so often look for the perfect set up instead of having a dig? Why does he consistently get past one player, only to turn back into trouble?

But, then again maybe I'm just a dinosaur. Maybe the idea of doing things on the pitch that actually increase your chances of scoring goals - like taking shot and attacking crosses - is outdated.

On this question of "attacking crosses etc", I agree it's "simple", or should be, but maybe not in the way you suggest.

I always remember an interview where John Aldridge was praised for his anticipation in the box. He actually contradicted the journo, saying that a striker cannot really anticipate where the cross will arrive. That is, it could be near post, far post or penalty spot etc. It could be high up, mid-height or along the ground. It could be skidding in front of the keeper, or pulled back etc.
And even if you are in the right spot when it arrives, there might still be a defender breathing down your neck who, even if he doesn't get there first, may still do enough to put you off.

Aldridge's solution?
Just go where the defenders aren't, and hope* that the ball drops to you.

That way you'll have time and space to pick your finish on the occasions when it does.

* - I say "hope", but sometimes the wide player will pick you out with his cross if you're standing alone.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2023 14:20]
QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 14:24 - Oct 2 with 1771 viewsNorthernr

QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 14:18 - Oct 2 by NewBee

On this question of "attacking crosses etc", I agree it's "simple", or should be, but maybe not in the way you suggest.

I always remember an interview where John Aldridge was praised for his anticipation in the box. He actually contradicted the journo, saying that a striker cannot really anticipate where the cross will arrive. That is, it could be near post, far post or penalty spot etc. It could be high up, mid-height or along the ground. It could be skidding in front of the keeper, or pulled back etc.
And even if you are in the right spot when it arrives, there might still be a defender breathing down your neck who, even if he doesn't get there first, may still do enough to put you off.

Aldridge's solution?
Just go where the defenders aren't, and hope* that the ball drops to you.

That way you'll have time and space to pick your finish on the occasions when it does.

* - I say "hope", but sometimes the wide player will pick you out with his cross if you're standing alone.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2023 14:20]

TBF on Saturday our lot did exactly this. All the defenders were in the box, so we went somewhere else.
QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 15:09 - Oct 2 with 1676 viewsmart_Goblin

Seems bizarre to me that Chair seems to be the one being singled out for criticism.
Of course he’s not perfect ..he wouldn’t be anywhere near us if he was.

I agree at times I’d like to see him in the box more getting on the end of things …but for the majority of the time we are expecting him to pick the ball up deep and create something..anything for us …because no one else can . Smyth’s final ball is dreadful.

I still disagree about Willocks body language, could be me and I haven’t noticed but I think his body his body language is ok, it’s his body movement that’s the problem. He’s shot. Just completely untrusting of his body and has lost confidence , strength, pace, power ..everything.
It’s sad to see it really is .

Of course no one is absolved from blame or criticism but I’d say there were 9 or 10 others more deserving of it on Saturday
QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 15:19 - Oct 2 with 1628 viewsdmm

This is good analysis

QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 15:19 - Oct 2 with 1630 viewsR_from_afar

QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 12:51 - Oct 2 by Antti_Heinola

jesus christ, he is literally the only player who creates or does anything. He's the only player who creates space. He's the only player who can take on a defender. The problem is not Chair. The problem is him looking up and seeing NOTHING ON time after time after time.

I don't think The Hat intended for his post to read like an attack on Chair. I think he meant that he wants more from Chair, in the same way that we need more from all of the squad if we are to somehow stay up.

Chair is probably our most creative player and it scares me to think what we will be like if he gets injured or is sold, but in a way, although he is not the main problem - repeat, not - there are issues with him because when our no.10 and most creative player isn't scoring, it doesn't bode well, especially when our strikers are so toothless. Chair hasn't scored this season and he only scored 5 in 40 games last season (9 in 39 the season before).

Again, I am not having a go at him - if you remove him from the current squad, we are doomed - but when a key player like him is struggling to get goals, and assists, it's concerning.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 15:32 - Oct 2 with 1613 viewsManinBlack

An excellent report and putting it in a better way then I have managed in various threads. We are crap and have been getting worse in the last two years, like watching a loved one slowly dying. The opponent just has to score once at Loftus Road and end any chance of us winning with our firepower. The fact that visitors win more at our home than we do is shameful.

I really can't see where this club is going in the long term. As pointed out, we can sack Ainsworth, bring in Warnock, stay up, Warwick quits in the summer, but we will still have this rank squad for next season for another manager to get something from. We seem stuck in a rut, a never ending circle of mediocrity brought on from being skint perhaps? I don't suppose we had a lot of money in the third division in the 60's but we produced exciting teams to watch.

It only seems a matter of time before we suffer another heavy home Newcastle type of defeat and Leicester may be the team to deliver it shortly. I really don't know what the answer is and where we can find players who can do the basics when we offer peanuts in wages for our past sins.
QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 15:33 - Oct 2 with 1591 viewsnadera78

QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 15:09 - Oct 2 by mart_Goblin

Seems bizarre to me that Chair seems to be the one being singled out for criticism.
Of course he’s not perfect ..he wouldn’t be anywhere near us if he was.

I agree at times I’d like to see him in the box more getting on the end of things …but for the majority of the time we are expecting him to pick the ball up deep and create something..anything for us …because no one else can . Smyth’s final ball is dreadful.

I still disagree about Willocks body language, could be me and I haven’t noticed but I think his body his body language is ok, it’s his body movement that’s the problem. He’s shot. Just completely untrusting of his body and has lost confidence , strength, pace, power ..everything.
It’s sad to see it really is .

Of course no one is absolved from blame or criticism but I’d say there were 9 or 10 others more deserving of it on Saturday

No-one is singling him out. Just pointing out a) why he is still with us and b) why we don't score enough goals.
QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 16:23 - Oct 2 with 1461 viewsfrancisbowles

QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 12:41 - Oct 2 by TK1

Then we exhale, shake hands and appoint a new coach (ideally after a DOF) in the summer. That's what happens in football - and there's loads of good coaches who'd come to QPR. New P&S head-room next season and away we go.
Losing every game at home is unsustainable, and we have a lot of very difficult home games looming. The team's on fire and Red Adair is unemployed. Worry about what happens after that then. I am sick of jam tomorrow

and then we probably get a points deduction, at some stage, as we have spent another load of money sacking another management team, maybe making the difference between passing and failing FFP.
QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 16:37 - Oct 2 with 1439 viewsBurnleyhoop

QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 10:41 - Oct 2 by Northernr

While I agree, thinking one win from 20 home games is unacceptable is not excessively high expectations. One win from 20 home games is also not going to result in survival, ugly or otherwise.

Surely Ainsworth can only be judged on what he “achieves” this season, as last seasons squad were not of his doing and yet despite the shitshow he inherited, he still managed to save our bacon.

We have played 9 league games this season and still look well off the pace but I still believe we will improve, although by how much is debatable.

Still too early to throw the towel in imo and to be honest, the constant whining on this forum is becoming more tedious than Kakay’s brain farts. The optimists among us are becoming very much the minority but I will not be turned.
QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 17:00 - Oct 2 with 1361 viewsNorthernr

QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 16:37 - Oct 2 by Burnleyhoop

Surely Ainsworth can only be judged on what he “achieves” this season, as last seasons squad were not of his doing and yet despite the shitshow he inherited, he still managed to save our bacon.

We have played 9 league games this season and still look well off the pace but I still believe we will improve, although by how much is debatable.

Still too early to throw the towel in imo and to be honest, the constant whining on this forum is becoming more tedious than Kakay’s brain farts. The optimists among us are becoming very much the minority but I will not be turned.

Ok well I don't think much to W0 D1 L4 F3 A9 at home this season either as it goes.
QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 17:31 - Oct 2 with 1323 viewsLazyFan

QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 11:10 - Oct 2 by Northernr

Correct in the first par - as I said in the report, Simms had effectively been one on one with our goalkeeper on four occasions before the one he scored. We'd escaped thanks to two poor finishes, and great recovery tackles from Clarke Salter and Cook.

Simms looked rubbish to me last season and in this game. £8m for him, crazy, yet he scored two goals against us.

Cov have wasted the money there. Shame we were overrun in the middle and let him have so many chances.

zzzzzzzzzz

QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 17:55 - Oct 2 with 1259 viewsNorthantsHoop

QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 17:00 - Oct 2 by Northernr

Ok well I don't think much to W0 D1 L4 F3 A9 at home this season either as it goes.

It's a depressing sight to see our team have their pants pulled down every home game, and for all of us that sit through it are just becoming resigned to it.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2023 17:57]
QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 17:56 - Oct 2 with 1249 viewsWegerles_Stairs

QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 15:32 - Oct 2 by ManinBlack

An excellent report and putting it in a better way then I have managed in various threads. We are crap and have been getting worse in the last two years, like watching a loved one slowly dying. The opponent just has to score once at Loftus Road and end any chance of us winning with our firepower. The fact that visitors win more at our home than we do is shameful.

I really can't see where this club is going in the long term. As pointed out, we can sack Ainsworth, bring in Warnock, stay up, Warwick quits in the summer, but we will still have this rank squad for next season for another manager to get something from. We seem stuck in a rut, a never ending circle of mediocrity brought on from being skint perhaps? I don't suppose we had a lot of money in the third division in the 60's but we produced exciting teams to watch.

It only seems a matter of time before we suffer another heavy home Newcastle type of defeat and Leicester may be the team to deliver it shortly. I really don't know what the answer is and where we can find players who can do the basics when we offer peanuts in wages for our past sins.

But we're not offering peanuts. Haven't we been around the median of paying wages over in this league over the last few seasons, as reported at the fans forum? Granted, we're cutting our cloth tighter this season but that's not an excuse for the likes of Coventry (who are certainly not one of the bigger clubs in the division) having a better coach and style of play, and achieving more last season than we have in the last eight seasons. Sadly, it comes down again to those calling the shots and their repeated failures.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2023 17:58]
QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 18:15 - Oct 2 with 1216 viewsTK1

QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 17:00 - Oct 2 by Northernr

"Constant whining"? It always seems very even-handed on here.
The fans on this forum are not losing these games.
I want Gareth Ainsworth to be massively successful.
I want him to ram win after win down the "haters" necks, as well as mine.
I want to enjoy watching QPR at home. That's one of the main reasons I buy a season ticket every year.
But I have seen us win one (ONE) game at Loftus in 2023. And I am depressed by what I am watching at home. It's ugly and it's ineffective: bad combo. Away, there's a plan that works sometimes at least. But no manager can survive this home form. He's got to turn it round in the next couple of home games, surely.
I would be amazed if the board are not thinking the same thing.
QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 19:16 - Oct 2 with 1108 viewsbosh67

Excellent report. As ever, far more entertaining than the 90+ minutes you have to report on.

It's pretty basic really...

There is a mentality problem and mental block on playing at home.
Teams coming know we don't have a playing system to counter that mental block.
We have one senior striker who's goal rate is only marginally better than Zamora's and Zamora was a second striker.
We have a second rookie striker who has scored as many goals as Seny Dieng.
We have no other strikers.

It's not rocket science really.

We seemed to hate Andre Gray because the lazy git only scored 10 goals in 28 appearances, and most of those were from the bench. If only we had such a rubbish player like him back here now!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 19:53 - Oct 2 with 1052 viewsManinBlack

QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 17:56 - Oct 2 by Wegerles_Stairs

But we're not offering peanuts. Haven't we been around the median of paying wages over in this league over the last few seasons, as reported at the fans forum? Granted, we're cutting our cloth tighter this season but that's not an excuse for the likes of Coventry (who are certainly not one of the bigger clubs in the division) having a better coach and style of play, and achieving more last season than we have in the last eight seasons. Sadly, it comes down again to those calling the shots and their repeated failures.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2023 17:58]

I am not talking about past wages I am talking about what we are paying now and how much worse we have got in the last two years the more we tighten the belt. We have lousy strikers because we can't pay the wages of decent forwards. In recent times we have relied on on loan strikers because we paid the wages for them but now we can't afford to continue with that policy and we are left with our own forwards we have now and they are not good enough. In truth our creativity is equally poor so we don't engineer enough scoring opportunities partly down to slow play and static players.
QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 20:43 - Oct 2 with 954 viewsNewYorkRanger

QPR fail another exposure to Coventry’s sky-blue light – Report on 09:16 - Oct 2 by thehat

Thanks Clive - A perfect report on a miserable afternoon.

Out of all our home losses this one hurt the most as I was one of those optimistic people you mentioned who really thought we had turned a corner. I knew there would be bumps along the way but this one felt particularly painful.

I would have probably gone for similar starting eleven maybe JCS for Fox so when that early injury happened I wasn't too disappointed although JCS along with some others had very poor second halves.

Mark Robins is a bloody good manager and after the break they knew we weren't hurting them in the last third so they almost let us get there then pinched the ball and knew we were painfully slow in tracking back so would have Chair, Willock, Dykes, Smyth and Paal wrong side of the ball and attacked our defence with pace and aggression. Very similar to what they did to us last year.

That's it for me with Willock now he must not start another game again for us for quite some time - Body language was appalling and he certainly did not "empty the tank"

Kakay who has been playing as well as he can recently also had a stinker second half including giving away that stupid free kick.

However taking into account all of that the Swansea hand ball, their first goal being offside, the Armstrong penalty things may well of been different. We surely are due some very big decisions to go our way soon.

Despite Saturday I still believe we will be okay (just) all we can do is stick together and continue to ride this bloody long storm.

I am amazed my kids still want to come every Saturday afternoon.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2023 9:18]

I'm with you on the kids comment. My youngest says she still wants to go to the games but it's getting more and more difficult. If we don't improve against Blackburn I can see us taking a break for a while as it's just not enjoyable in any way currently.

Glory hunter, me

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024