Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thought's on this from Les 15:37 - Oct 13 with 15614 viewsHayesender

Les Ferdinand says director of football role criticism was because of colour - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67099065.app?fbclid=IwAR3a5uq2CHrkzlOu_U2O8

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Thought's on this from Les on 15:48 - Oct 13 with 6385 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Misleading headline by the BBC. He actually said ‘SOME of the criticism came because of my colour’.

Bearing in mind I’ve seen posters on here call people ‘big black cnts’ I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility that SOME people are anti Ferdinand because of his colour.

He backs the rest of the his interview up about job opportunities with facts so I don’t think he can be criticised for that either.

I hope this thread can pass by nicely.
Thought's on this from Les on 15:52 - Oct 13 with 6339 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I'd say eight years in a role he wasn't qualified for or had previous experience of doing was a pretty good opportunity.
Thought's on this from Les on 15:55 - Oct 13 with 6303 viewsHayesender

Thought's on this from Les on 15:48 - Oct 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

Misleading headline by the BBC. He actually said ‘SOME of the criticism came because of my colour’.

Bearing in mind I’ve seen posters on here call people ‘big black cnts’ I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility that SOME people are anti Ferdinand because of his colour.

He backs the rest of the his interview up about job opportunities with facts so I don’t think he can be criticised for that either.

I can honestly say I've never (thankfully) ever heard him described as a black this or that, either on here or in the pub.

What people say or think in private is another matter, but there's fck all anyone can do about that

Thought's on this from Les on 16:01 - Oct 13 with 6246 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Thought's on this from Les on 15:55 - Oct 13 by Hayesender

I can honestly say I've never (thankfully) ever heard him described as a black this or that, either on here or in the pub.

What people say or think in private is another matter, but there's fck all anyone can do about that

I never said they did.
Thought's on this from Les on 16:01 - Oct 13 with 6247 viewsAntti_Heinola

Thought's on this from Les on 15:55 - Oct 13 by Hayesender

well, there was loads of stuff about 'Les's black mates', let's not try and deny that. you don't ever hear other DoF's being criticised for hiring their 'white mates' (which they do all the time).

Bare bones.

Thought's on this from Les on 16:07 - Oct 13 with 6208 viewsJAY

Given some of the stuff I have seen on facebook I have seen about Les and Chris Ramsey, I'd say this is probably true, as much many won't like to admit it.
Thought's on this from Les on 16:07 - Oct 13 with 6206 viewsAntti_Heinola

Thought's on this from Les on 15:52 - Oct 13 by Wegerles_Stairs

I'd say eight years in a role he wasn't qualified for or had previous experience of doing was a pretty good opportunity.

Not sure he said it wasn't a good opportunity?
If the main criteria for a role was 'having done it before' how would anyone ever get any opportunities to move on up?

Bare bones.

Thought's on this from Les on 16:08 - Oct 13 with 6196 viewsHayesender

Thought's on this from Les on 16:01 - Oct 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

I never said they did.

Misread what you said. Slightly regretting starting this thread now, as its only gonna go one way, but I suppose someone would have started one!

Login to get fewer ads

Thought's on this from Les on 16:21 - Oct 13 with 6108 viewsThGrimRanger

A real shame that he feels this way and it portrays QPR in a very poor light when ultimately we have a great track record for diverse coaching staff, managers and ultimately the DOF.

I believe had Les been white he would copped a very similar level of criticism for his 8 years as QPR DOF. We 've never threatened playoffs in those 8 years and from a squad perspective we're in a right mess.

Budget is used as an excuse but many teams have thrived and been promoted with far less to spend than we've had over this time.

TheGrimRanger

Thought's on this from Les on 16:32 - Oct 13 with 6023 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Thought's on this from Les on 16:08 - Oct 13 by Hayesender

Misread what you said. Slightly regretting starting this thread now, as its only gonna go one way, but I suppose someone would have started one!

It doesn’t have to go that way.

No ag from me and none from you so far. It’s fine.

It’s an important topic.
Thought's on this from Les on 16:32 - Oct 13 with 6027 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hayes,

With all due respect, can you change your OP to reflect that he said "some".
It makes a HUGE difference in context.

"Some of the criticism that came was because of my colour," he said."

And then - the very reasonable:

"I always say to people, 'If I was a bad director of football, it wasn't because of my colour. It was just, I was a bad director of football. If I was a good one, it wasn't going to be because of my colour. It was because of my abilities.'"

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Thought's on this from Les on 16:34 - Oct 13 with 6007 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thought's on this from Les on 16:08 - Oct 13 by Hayesender

You should have no regrets at all, Hayes.

You're right - it would have come up.

I'm going to search out the podcast and have a listen, so thanks for flagging it.

Thought's on this from Les on 16:35 - Oct 13 with 5983 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Thought's on this from Les on 16:32 - Oct 13 by BrianMcCarthy

Hayes,

"I always say to people, 'If I was a bad director of football, it wasn't because of my colour. It was just, I was a bad director of football. If I was a good one, it wasn't going to be because of my colour. It was because of my abilities.'"

Mischievousness or poor editing from the BBC I think.
Thought's on this from Les on 16:38 - Oct 13 with 5948 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

One elephant in the room is our record since he left though.

I suspect history will prove him to be more of a bail out bucket than a iceberg.
Thought's on this from Les on 16:39 - Oct 13 with 5950 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thought's on this from Les on 16:35 - Oct 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

One or the other, Bazz.

Thought's on this from Les on 16:41 - Oct 13 with 5937 viewsMonkey_Roots

It is very naughty how they drop the word 'some'... click me!!

It seem to be a reasonable assertion from Les, and he even notes that he made the mistake of deviating from the plan.

Still naused it all up though.
Thought's on this from Les on 16:47 - Oct 13 with 5894 viewsAntti_Heinola

However it happened, it is an irresponible headline: either careless or, more likely, someone hoping it'll gather lots of clicks so people can row about it on social media. And of course it's worked.

Bare bones.

Thought's on this from Les on 16:51 - Oct 13 with 5836 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Thought's on this from Les on 16:07 - Oct 13 by Antti_Heinola

Not sure he said it wasn't a good opportunity?
If the main criteria for a role was 'having done it before' how would anyone ever get any opportunities to move on up?

Going by the BBC article, it seems he's complaining about a lack of opportunities, no? As I said, eight years in that role given his experience and lack of success seems a pretty good opportunity.
Thought's on this from Les on 16:54 - Oct 13 with 5832 viewsHayesender

Thought's on this from Les on 16:32 - Oct 13 by BrianMcCarthy

Hayes,

That's the BBC editing I'm afraid Brian. The only bit I typed is in the title bar

Thought's on this from Les on 17:10 - Oct 13 with 5756 viewsAntti_Heinola

Thought's on this from Les on 16:51 - Oct 13 by Wegerles_Stairs

Going by the BBC article, it seems he's complaining about a lack of opportunities, no? As I said, eight years in that role given his experience and lack of success seems a pretty good opportunity.

Ah, you mean an isolated opportunity for one person. Right.
Everything is fine then.
The amount of times people seem to wilfully misrepresent Les must be profoiundly irritating for him.

Bare bones.

Thought's on this from Les on 17:22 - Oct 13 with 5677 viewspaulhoop2

I was the first to bring this up months ago and got slaughtered for it but I still believe there is a significant majority that did criticise him because of this I’m afraid. Considering there are a number of issues that were not down to him and recruitment is overseen by Andy belk who has escaped any criticism at all

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Thought's on this from Les on 17:26 - Oct 13 with 5652 viewsRangersw12

Thought's on this from Les on 15:48 - Oct 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

He also had the "Black Mafia" stuff on Facebook and Twitter

Ultimately he did some good stuff and some bad stuff . Still a legend in my eyes and glad he left before it got really toxic.

He did a good job for the owners and took the flak they should have got
[Post edited 13 Oct 2023 17:30]
Thought's on this from Les on 17:36 - Oct 13 with 5583 viewsMick_S

That’s what I got baz.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Thought's on this from Les on 17:51 - Oct 13 with 5507 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Unfortunately there will always be a minority of people who will always be small minded and bigoted. Makes me laugh as some of the abuse he received may well have been singing his name when he was banging them in for us.

Top player, a sh!t DOF, but colour should have no bearing on either of those statements for me.
Thought's on this from Les on 18:02 - Oct 13 with 5463 viewscolinallcars

Grist to the mill for the BBC.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024