Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stop me if you've heard any of this before - Report 23:04 - Oct 22 with 5224 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/61116

This post has been edited by an administrator
Stop me if you've heard any of this before - Report on 23:30 - Oct 22 with 5101 viewsOldPedro

It amazes me that Hogg isn't booked in every game he plays - whenever I see him, he always hacks someone down or pulls someone back when they are getting away from him. Yesterday I'm sure he did both, yet not even one card.

Armstrong also got taken out off the ball but the officials somehow didn't see it and there was a definite pull back on Smyth in the box towards the end, right under the nose of the lino.

But as you say Clive, we can't keep conceeding the same goals over and over again and expect to win games, even against sides as poor as Huddersfield. I dread to think what Leicester will do to us next week

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Stop me if you've heard any of this before - Report on 23:46 - Oct 22 with 5024 viewsFrankRightguard

After reading the descriptions of repeatedly shipping the same goals it’s incredible that he hasn’t been dismissed yet. So far out of his depth it’s untrue. The footballing equivalent of self harming to keep him any longer.
Stop me if you've heard any of this before - Report on 06:00 - Oct 23 with 4675 viewsNorthantsHoop

I expect Huddersfield were saying to themselves " It will be a long time since you will be playing a side as poor as QPR again" so let's fill our boots early and bag a nice safe 3 points and so it comes to pass game after game, so depressing.
Stop me if you've heard any of this before - Report on 07:51 - Oct 23 with 4411 viewsRs_Holy

Muchas Gracias Clive... fantastic read as ever. As way of a thankyou I've attached a video/song... enjoy ...

Stop me if you've heard any of this before - Report on 09:34 - Oct 23 with 4058 viewsPaddyhoops

Great report as always.
Any chance we could have an organised mess at this club rather than a disorganised mess.
Time for GA to go, as his status is plummeting with each press conference.
Dismal times.
Stop me if you've heard any of this before - Report on 09:37 - Oct 23 with 4036 viewsTheChef

Really starting to feel like managed decline now. Very much at the monkeys/typewriters stage, we might somehow get a win at some point but if you can't get something at Huddersfield when will you?

Can only admire GA's relentless positivity in the face of all the evidence to the contrary!

The good ship QPR going nowhere. Sad.

A general weekend of sporting calamity with the rugby (and cricket).

And it's Monday *sigh*

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Stop me if you've heard any of this before - Report on 09:57 - Oct 23 with 3943 viewsQPunkR

A surprisingly calm take, Clive. I was expecting far more violent sexual imagery, given the journey and utter Scheidt that was the opening half hour

QPR - "shit but local"

Stop me if you've heard any of this before - Report on 09:58 - Oct 23 with 3944 viewsEastR

Thank you Clive for articulating what most of us are not able to put into words. In my mind this sums up everything about watching us at the moment

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Login to get fewer ads

Stop me if you've heard any of this before - Report on 10:16 - Oct 23 with 3844 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Glad you mentioned the "passing the ball about in an apparently aimless triangle" episode. This was very telling for me and in my opinion confirmed there really isn't a plan. Colback in particular looked completely p1ssed off with it all and wanted to be anywhere but there.
Stop me if you've heard any of this before - Report on 11:48 - Oct 23 with 3527 viewsE17hoop

We’re down to the absolute hardcore behind that goal now, I felt like I knew everybody there by face if not name. And they - we - deserve a lot better than this. A lot better.

My son is one of those - he's committed to going to every away game this season and got back on Saturday at about 10.45, tired and píssed off before he went to bed to get up at 3am for his morning work shift. He'll be at WBA on Tuesday night and won't be home much before 2 am. He DEFINITELY deserves better.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Stop me if you've heard any of this before - Report on 11:52 - Oct 23 with 3515 viewsDeanoMD

Clearly something has gone very wrong since Boro away, the unity and culture they bang on about is non-existent at the minute, there was loads of arguing etc. between the players pretty much all game.

Every time Chair got the ball in their half he had 3 Town players around him with so one supporting him whatsoever. He must be sooooooo fed up.

Dozzell rightly called out Kakay on a few occasions as he was just awful and kept making mistakes.

Gareth and his team are lost and completely clueless, the substitutions highlight this as they were mind boggling.

There is no leadership at board level and there is no leadership at team level.

I wonder how many more games we have to lose before some one wakes up and makes the decision we so clearly need?

Has to be Warnock until the end of the season, he is our only hope.
Stop me if you've heard any of this before - Report on 11:58 - Oct 23 with 3488 viewsTheChef

Stop me if you've heard any of this before - Report on 11:52 - Oct 23 by DeanoMD

Clearly something has gone very wrong since Boro away, the unity and culture they bang on about is non-existent at the minute, there was loads of arguing etc. between the players pretty much all game.

Every time Chair got the ball in their half he had 3 Town players around him with so one supporting him whatsoever. He must be sooooooo fed up.

Dozzell rightly called out Kakay on a few occasions as he was just awful and kept making mistakes.

Gareth and his team are lost and completely clueless, the substitutions highlight this as they were mind boggling.

I wonder how many more games we have to lose before some one wakes up and makes the decision we so clearly need?

Re Chair, probably because when he has the ball he doesn't bother passing to a team mate, so they've stopped bothering to show for it!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Stop me if you've heard any of this before - Report on 12:28 - Oct 23 with 3358 viewsNoelmc

Fantastic report as usual Clive.

For me the line that summed it up and also made me LOL was

'Two weeks of training, analysis, video sessions, self-reflection, soul searching and they come up with… Albert Adomah at right wing back. F*ck me sideways'.

Time for GA to go. No matter who we get in we may well end up relegated, but we need to at least recover some self respect over the rest of the season. At the moment we are a joke, constantly repeating the same mistakes and damaging the key relationship between with fans and the Club every game we play.
Stop me if you've heard any of this before - Report on 13:24 - Oct 23 with 3194 viewsAntti_Heinola

Stop me if you've heard any of this before - Report on 11:52 - Oct 23 by DeanoMD

Boro was the exception to the rule.
It's been like this constantly since he took over. Under Critchley we looked devoid of ideas, but at least we looked vaguely like a football team. Nothing's gone wrong since Boro - this is, to paraphrase a former manager, what it is.

Bare bones.

Stop me if you've heard any of this before - Report on 15:24 - Oct 23 with 2889 viewsDeanoMD

Stop me if you've heard any of this before - Report on 13:24 - Oct 23 by Antti_Heinola

Boro was the exception to the rule.
It's been like this constantly since he took over. Under Critchley we looked devoid of ideas, but at least we looked vaguely like a football team. Nothing's gone wrong since Boro - this is, to paraphrase a former manager, what it is.

I politely disagree, there were some signs earlier this season that things might be ok with performances that gave us a bit of hope.

But since that break after Boro we've been a disaster once again.

Maybe it is teams working us out, maybe it is the injuries and players being banned that affected us at key times, maybe it's a drop off in form, maybe it's all of the above coupled together with some dodgy ref decisions going against us.

Or maybe we are just s h i t e.
Stop me if you've heard any of this before - Report on 15:27 - Oct 23 with 2878 viewskensalriser

Stop me if you've heard any of this before - Report on 09:37 - Oct 23 by TheChef

Really starting to feel like managed decline now. Very much at the monkeys/typewriters stage, we might somehow get a win at some point but if you can't get something at Huddersfield when will you?

Can only admire GA's relentless positivity in the face of all the evidence to the contrary!

The good ship QPR going nowhere. Sad.

A general weekend of sporting calamity with the rugby (and cricket).

And it's Monday *sigh*

If this is what a managed decline looks like, I'm too terrified to imagine what a mismanaged one would look like.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Stop me if you've heard any of this before - Report on 18:08 - Oct 23 with 2560 viewsBurnleyhoop

Stop me if you've heard any of this before - Report on 11:58 - Oct 23 by TheChef

Re Chair, probably because when he has the ball he doesn't bother passing to a team mate, so they've stopped bothering to show for it!

Not chairs fault, he has absolutely no one making a run or moving in to space. Armstrong is a statue in the box and never shows for the ball or attacks either post to create an opening.

The frustration across the team, but particularly from Chair and Colback was painful to watch and is symptomatic of the lack of team structure and understanding of just how we are supposed to be playing. This can only be down to coaching or the absence of it.

The real worry is that there has been no obvious improvement in how we set up, along with the baffling team selections and subsequent substitutions. There is no belief within this team that we are capable of holding our own against anyone in this league, never mind winning a game.

Motivation and defensive resilience is supposed to be Ainsworth’s forte, but we appear to have neither, which is damning at this stage of his tenure.

It is being said that he has until the November break to improve things. It simply doesn’t look likely.

Dozzell’s corners were very good, something we haven’t seen in a long time. Silver lining I suppose.
Stop me if you've heard any of this before - Report on 21:55 - Oct 23 with 2145 viewsWatford_Ranger

Stop me if you've heard any of this before - Report on 15:24 - Oct 23 by DeanoMD

I politely disagree, there were some signs earlier this season that things might be ok with performances that gave us a bit of hope.

Maybe it is teams working us out, maybe it is the injuries and players being banned that affected us at key times, maybe it's a drop off in form, maybe it's all of the above coupled together with some dodgy ref decisions going against us.

I think we caught Cardiff and Boro at very good times (we’ve caught other teams at particularly unfortunate ones). Still, Cardiff hit the bar twice and Boro had plenty of good chances. I was optimistic walking out of Southampton but it’s gone south very quickly.

This season feels like it’s been going on forever. Watford was barely two months ago.
Stop me if you've heard any of this before - Report on 21:57 - Oct 23 with 2133 viewsWatford_Ranger

On the point of missing out on Rudoni and Sorba Thomas. Like you, Clive, I’d heard a lot of good things about Rudoni. I saw Thomas play live plenty of times for Borehamwood and never in a million years thought he’d be a decent Championship player but then I’m not paid to scout footballers.
Stop me if you've heard any of this before - Report on 21:58 - Oct 23 with 2126 viewsNorthernr

Stop me if you've heard any of this before - Report on 21:57 - Oct 23 by Watford_Ranger

On the point of missing out on Rudoni and Sorba Thomas. Like you, Clive, I’d heard a lot of good things about Rudoni. I saw Thomas play live plenty of times for Borehamwood and never in a million years thought he’d be a decent Championship player but then I’m not paid to scout footballers.

The Rudoni thing is infuriating because not only was it fcking obvious but also our recruitment department liked him, and we went with what manager wants manager gets instead.
Stop me if you've heard any of this before - Report on 00:23 - Oct 24 with 1929 viewsDejR_vu

I think GA’s record with his squad, including the cup game, is P13 - W2(15%) / D2(15%) / L9(70%). Is this bloke for real? That’s got to be another cr@p record with our name on it. Has he got no dignity? He claims to love the club, but how bad does it have to get before he looks in the mirror and accepts he might just be a big part of the problem, and does the right thing?

And what are the brains in the Boardroom doing?

What other club at any level accepts this sh1t?

Reassuring to see that after all this time they are, finally, learning….

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Stop me if you've heard any of this before - Report on 00:47 - Oct 24 with 1908 viewsDejR_vu

Stop me if you've heard any of this before - Report on 15:24 - Oct 23 by DeanoMD

It’s other teams working us out and the coaching team’s total lack of tactic acumen.

Ainsworth is trying to win a game of chess by running around with his pants on fire until everyone collapses.

This bloke is going to go down as the worst manager in history.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Stop me if you've heard any of this before - Report on 02:50 - Oct 24 with 1865 viewsjtuck

Stop me if you've heard any of this before - Report on 21:55 - Oct 23 by Watford_Ranger

I think we caught Cardiff and Boro at very good times (we’ve caught other teams at particularly unfortunate ones). Still, Cardiff hit the bar twice and Boro had plenty of good chances. I was optimistic walking out of Southampton but it’s gone south very quickly.

This season feels like it’s been going on forever. Watford was barely two months ago.

Right about Boro...Begovic had to 'stand on his head' to use the Ice Hockey phrase about a keeper who wins you a game all on his own.

LAranger

Stop me if you've heard any of this before - Report on 02:57 - Oct 24 with 1864 viewsjtuck

Another thing that increases the disappointment factor is that Richard Dobson is so eloquent and talks such a good game you are taken in completely. His podcast with Paul Finney & Co was terrific. But it seems all the psychology and 'feel good' in the world cannot right the reality of this beleaguered team. Like others have said on here, I have given up watching GA pre and post game interviews some time ago as they have become so infuriating and so adrift from what is really going on.

LAranger

Stop me if you've heard any of this before - Report on 13:02 - Oct 24 with 1658 viewsBklynRanger

Stop me if you've heard any of this before - Report on 02:57 - Oct 24 by jtuck

Another thing that increases the disappointment factor is that Richard Dobson is so eloquent and talks such a good game you are taken in completely. His podcast with Paul Finney & Co was terrific. But it seems all the psychology and 'feel good' in the world cannot right the reality of this beleaguered team. Like others have said on here, I have given up watching GA pre and post game interviews some time ago as they have become so infuriating and so adrift from what is really going on.

Agree completely - it looks more and more that the combination of Ainsworth and Dobson just isn't up to it at this level. I think the balance between technical coaching knowledge and that psychology side you mention just can't be right.

The positivity, feel good, working hard with 'the boys' stuff is really the totality of what GA brings to the table. In which case he'd need a seriously technical coach beside him to complement that. Doesn't matter if he stays in his office the rest of the week and oogles the ladies in the canteen as long as he is that highly technical, ideally experienced, No. 2.

But Dobson seems to me like a more 'thinking' version of Ainsworth. Wrong mix, and it's being increasingly exposed as the season progresses.

I could be wrong and am not giving Dobson enough technical credit. I do like him but don't think he fills in for GA's gaping blind spots anywhere near as much as we need.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024