Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
only a hand shake ! 18:43 - Nov 16 with 3275 viewswood_hoop

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67432224

We probably got the Cold Stream guards on standby when we do.
only a hand shake ! on 19:07 - Nov 16 with 3154 viewsBoston

Cup of tea old man?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

only a hand shake ! on 19:17 - Nov 16 with 3122 viewsHoopsie

A hand shake, a pat on the back, a smile, that’s what basketballers do

But football is a low scoring sport, the match might end goalless or just a single goal scored

If they don’t celebrate a goal like no tomorrow, they won’t know when their next goal is coming

Look at us, we certainly need a few goals

One at the loft end let them loose, don’t begrudge them, they are a rarity

QPR hardly waste time on goal celebrations - they don’t happen often

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

only a hand shake ! on 19:38 - Nov 16 with 3060 viewskernowhoop

Yes, the QPR approach (not scoring a goal very often) is... energy saving.
only a hand shake ! on 19:42 - Nov 16 with 3051 viewsTonto

I do worry about the knee slide. Significant chance of doing an ACL if it goes wrong....

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

only a hand shake ! on 19:48 - Nov 16 with 3022 viewsbosh67

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

only a hand shake ! on 20:35 - Nov 16 with 2841 viewsLazyFan

This is not a top priority. Better would be pro's who don't wear shin pads in training.

Regardless of avoiding injuries, when you train, it's for the actual match, that is what you are training for. If in the actual match you have to wear em then you should wear them in training as that is what you are training for.

So, training without them is not training for the real match. That is a waste of time and effort.

zzzzzzzzzz

only a hand shake ! on 20:47 - Nov 16 with 2792 viewsOldPedro

only a hand shake ! on 20:35 - Nov 16 by LazyFan

This is not a top priority. Better would be pro's who don't wear shin pads in training.

Regardless of avoiding injuries, when you train, it's for the actual match, that is what you are training for. If in the actual match you have to wear em then you should wear them in training as that is what you are training for.

So, training without them is not training for the real match. That is a waste of time and effort.

Some pro's these days don't wear the right size of shin pads in matches anyway. Look at Jack Grealish and Oli McBurnie who seem to wear kids shin pads with their socks rolled down. They are asking for trouble.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

only a hand shake ! on 21:49 - Nov 16 with 2624 viewsBluce_Ree

These top level players in the "EPL" (f**k off) with their pre-rehearsed celebration routines can spit on my dad's cock.

There are four acceptable celebrations.

1. Arms up, run to the fans or the team.
2. Kiss badge. To wind up opposing fans preferably.
3. Bit of a team hug and bundle if it's a decisive goal in an important match.
4. Back flip. If you're a really talented foreign striker and you've scored one of your 25 goals this season.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Login to get fewer ads

only a hand shake ! on 22:03 - Nov 16 with 2572 viewsPlanetHonneywood

only a hand shake ! on 21:49 - Nov 16 by Bluce_Ree

These top level players in the "EPL" (f**k off) with their pre-rehearsed celebration routines can spit on my dad's cock.

There are four acceptable celebrations.

1. Arms up, run to the fans or the team.
2. Kiss badge. To wind up opposing fans preferably.
3. Bit of a team hug and bundle if it's a decisive goal in an important match.
4. Back flip. If you're a really talented foreign striker and you've scored one of your 25 goals this season.

Always a fan of the clenched fist and slightly menacing look that Duncan Ferguson used to celebrate his goals with.

Tardelli 82 had a more crazed expression, befitting a decisive goal in a WC Final, which Zamora in 2014 at Wembley toned down, comparatively speaking, while mayhem descended on the Rfosi.

All this being said: John Spencer's audacious nonchelance at Port Vale still takes some beating.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

only a hand shake ! on 22:12 - Nov 16 with 2538 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Young Nigels Dad would no doubt have agreed.
only a hand shake ! on 01:04 - Nov 17 with 2308 viewsNov77

Should definitely be an open top bus parade after we next score a goal at the loft end, and I mean an immediate one, before the game restarts. The whole team pile onto an old route master and do one lap of the pitch, the scorer gets to drive..

Failing that a mass sammy Nelson to all corners of the ground….

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

only a hand shake ! on 01:30 - Nov 17 with 2299 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

From a purely sports POV, I'd have to disagree.

The adrenaline, serotonin and blood sugar dump you'd get from celebrating would give you a temporary energy boost of at least 5-10 minutes, and as a knock on effect would lift the rest of the teams mood and output.

Also the crowd mood lifted, noise and support louder, once again boosting the team.

Maybe not in Mansfield though.

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

only a hand shake ! on 13:03 - Nov 17 with 1933 viewsLazyFan

only a hand shake ! on 20:47 - Nov 16 by OldPedro

Some pro's these days don't wear the right size of shin pads in matches anyway. Look at Jack Grealish and Oli McBurnie who seem to wear kids shin pads with their socks rolled down. They are asking for trouble.

Agreed, they are taking the piddle, and it will end in baby tears, no doubt.

Really, shin pads should have a regulated size depending on the person's shin bone size. As everyone has different sizes. For example Chairs tiny shins compared to Crouch's arm-length ones.

And the rule would be that it actually covers it and it will stay covered.

zzzzzzzzzz

only a hand shake ! on 13:28 - Nov 17 with 1881 viewsAntti_Heinola

only a hand shake ! on 20:47 - Nov 16 by OldPedro

Almost all players wear v small shin pads these days - if you get a leg breaker, shin pads won’t help in the slightest, i doubt they do much even if they are bigger. Grealish is pretty injury free.

As for clough. Shut up old man. Can’t stand people like him and keane (although i like keane as a pundit) who can’t allow fun or emotion in a game. Jesus christ if you don’t play football because you love it and have fun doing it, why the fk are you doing it?! Its meaningless, in the grand scheme of things, so if you score, celebrate ffs.

Bare bones.

only a hand shake ! on 11:40 - Nov 18 with 1637 viewsOldPedro

only a hand shake ! on 13:28 - Nov 17 by Antti_Heinola

Almost all players wear v small shin pads these days - if you get a leg breaker, shin pads won’t help in the slightest, i doubt they do much even if they are bigger. Grealish is pretty injury free.

As for clough. Shut up old man. Can’t stand people like him and keane (although i like keane as a pundit) who can’t allow fun or emotion in a game. Jesus christ if you don’t play football because you love it and have fun doing it, why the fk are you doing it?! Its meaningless, in the grand scheme of things, so if you score, celebrate ffs.

Grealish avoids the problem of getting fouled/injured by diving as soon as anyone comes with 2 feet of him

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024