Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yet Another Alcohol Thread 23:02 - Nov 19 with 4808 viewsBoston

I've always consumed stout, not as my regular beer of choice, just on an occasional, thicken the blood type basis. It started with Mackesson, moved on to Guinness, but this summer I've shifted to Murphy's. It's available at a local supermarket, retailing for $5.99 a four pack, compared to $8.99 for old Arthur's offering. Though happy to experiment and have tried many other brewers porters, but never found any that grabbed my tastebuds attention.
It's an each way bet that McCarthy's grandfather invented the stuff.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2023 23:35]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Yet Another Alcohol Thread on 16:51 - Nov 20 with 824 viewsBklynRanger

Yet Another Alcohol Thread on 15:56 - Nov 20 by robith

ffs man i left that off on purpose

I'll behave myself I promise
Yet Another Alcohol Thread on 17:45 - Nov 20 with 755 viewsRed_Ranger

I kid you not, wait for it…………………..Camden Town Stout is better than Guinness. There i said it. I urge you to try it.
Yet Another Alcohol Thread on 17:47 - Nov 20 with 753 viewsBoston

Yet Another Alcohol Thread on 12:23 - Nov 20 by MrSheen

I loved Guinness out of a pint bottle in Ireland, I preferred the yeasty bite to relatively sour and inert draught. My guts didn’t agree and they might have had the last laugh as it has disappeared in the last 15 years.

Youngs had a very nice stout on draught for a while but it didn’t survive Covid. Brewdog’s is horrible dead stuff.

The pint bottles last stand was in Waterford City. Thirty years ago, it was the only area with a decent volume of sales, even in Ireland.

My personal stout fav has always been ...

...but as you say, it can really do a job on the digestive system, so I keep consumption to a minimum.

Fck it, now you've got me thinking, today is a good minimum sorta day.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Yet Another Alcohol Thread on 18:06 - Nov 20 with 738 viewspaulparker

Yet Another Alcohol Thread on 09:34 - Nov 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Not related to the Murphys, no, Boston. And a Guinness drinker, which is a sin for a Corkman. Murphys is probably a better, cleaner pint with no additives at all apparently, but I find it slightly sweet.

Like Honney, I was a small and scrawny kid, and had a bottle of Guinness with my dinner for a good few years. Yummmmmm.....

When I went to Kerry last year the locals insist that you drink the Murphys and not that Dublin sh1te
Got to say I much preferred the Guinness

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Yet Another Alcohol Thread on 18:07 - Nov 20 with 735 viewspaulparker

Yet Another Alcohol Thread on 14:09 - Nov 20 by BrazilNutR

This is good stuff... the name makes you think it is super strong, but is 4.8% - drank it on draught, so can't vouch if it is quite as good in a bottle..

[Post edited 20 Nov 2023 14:11]

They had this on at my local as a guest beer the other week

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Yet Another Alcohol Thread on 08:50 - Nov 21 with 600 viewsJimmyR

Yet Another Alcohol Thread on 15:56 - Nov 20 by robith

ffs man i left that off on purpose

Haha fair point.. it’s probably too far out in the boondocks for most to bother! Hopefully it can keeps its now, unfortunately unique character for a while yet
Yet Another Alcohol Thread on 09:09 - Nov 21 with 579 viewshubble

Some time ago they had bottled Kernel stout at my local, which I thought was delicious. Just looked at their website and I can't tell which one it was from their range, but they do an Imperial brown stout at a heady 9.5%... which according to their 'tasting notes' is: Brewed to an 1856 recipe from the Barclay Perkins brewery. Rich dark treacle, cut with coffee and chocolate bitterness, mixed with that of the hops. The brown and amber malts come through to play with smoke, tar and leathery depth...

https://store.thekernelbrewery.com/ if you're interested

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Yet Another Alcohol Thread on 09:33 - Nov 21 with 561 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I recently got some Nigerian Guiness in CostCo that worked out about £1.20 a bottle.
At 7.5% it was rather lovely.

When I was visiting York on a day jolly, me and my mate ended up in the Viking heavy metal pub. I went out for a ciggie and a lovely young lady started talking to me about metal, anyway we moved on to beer and she told me about the local Milk stout.

"I've never tried it" so anyway went back inside and about 5 mins later this girl comes over and offers me a sip of her milk stout (not code) my mates face was a fkin picture as this really attractive young woman came over and offered me her bottle.

It was lovely, I bought one myself It was from the Black Sheep brewery.

I also ordered some online as a bit of a change from my usual ales.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Login to get fewer ads

Yet Another Alcohol Thread on 10:42 - Nov 21 with 500 viewscyprusmel

Yet Another Alcohol Thread on 09:33 - Nov 21 by Metallica_Hoop

I recently got some Nigerian Guiness in CostCo that worked out about £1.20 a bottle.
At 7.5% it was rather lovely.

When I was visiting York on a day jolly, me and my mate ended up in the Viking heavy metal pub. I went out for a ciggie and a lovely young lady started talking to me about metal, anyway we moved on to beer and she told me about the local Milk stout.

"I've never tried it" so anyway went back inside and about 5 mins later this girl comes over and offers me a sip of her milk stout (not code) my mates face was a fkin picture as this really attractive young woman came over and offered me her bottle.

It was lovely, I bought one myself It was from the Black Sheep brewery.

I also ordered some online as a bit of a change from my usual ales.

Nigeria is the second highest consumer of Guinness after the U.K.
Third is Ireland.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024