Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Think ive lost my mind D&B 11:49 - Nov 20 with 14516 viewsQPsyR

FKA AcidPixie

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 09:11 - Nov 25 with 1662 viewssilky

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 19:06 - Nov 24 by DE79

Small world! I've recently had a couple of tunes released on Ed Jedi's label. The old skool sound was what got me really interested in music as a kid, so it was good to break out all the '90s samples for full nostalgia.

I'm a Drum & Bass producer/DJ, there are a few other Rs out there - Nicky Blackmarket as already mentioned and Mark Force (Reinforced/Bugz in the Attic) spring to mind, although I'm sure there are more...

Very small world. Whats your artist name?

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 09:36 - Nov 25 with 1661 viewsFDC

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 17:56 - Nov 24 by Bluce_Ree

yeah that's why Octamed was great, because you could use the QWERTY as the input device. It was like having two rows of piano. If that makes sense.

I've got a mate who does tunes on FruityLoops or whatever it is called and he's making good stuff. I'd need something free and simple for me to get back on it.

My brother is looking to record some guitar stuff and I think a PC DAW is the way forward but I'm struggling with the idea of getting started.

This is what I installed fairly recently

https://www.tracktion.com/products/waveform-free

It's good because they essentially give you the full version of the previous release for free, so it's not in any way a demo install, it's the real deal just not the very most up to date.

This is developing into an amateur producers thread and I'm here for it.

Edit: if you're looking to record guitar, get an SM58 mic (or cheaper but similar mic depending on budget) to start with, it's industry standard all rounder, will do vocals etc. then you might look to get a more detail oriented condenser mic once you're up and running
[Post edited 25 Nov 2023 9:43]
Think ive lost my mind D&B on 12:34 - Nov 25 with 1594 viewsDE79

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 09:11 - Nov 25 by silky

Very small world. Whats your artist name?

Old skool hardcore as Blade, Drum & Bass as The Sect/Section 63
Think ive lost my mind D&B on 12:56 - Nov 25 with 1585 viewsCopenhagenRs

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 00:17 - Nov 23 by PunteR

Yeh mate, Rage was the place. Legend has it (youtube) that's where Goldie first experience E and DnB , Hardcore etc . Also Doc Scott , both Brummies' and graff writers. It all spilled out from Rage really , but also the London pirates stations just went mad on it. Fantasy, Kool, Don, Pulse fm.

You cant talk about Goldie and Doc Scott without Rufige Cru, Metalheads and Reinforced records

Just on this Fabio and Grooverider. For me Grooverider was the main man. Almost like Lennon and Macartney , Lennon being the Groove. lol
Im always fascinated by the switch from Acid House to Hardcore, Jungle, DnB. I wasnt there in the very early days but House and DnB seem poles apart now.

[Post edited 23 Nov 2023 1:14]

I am also really enjoying this JunglisticRs thread and Silkys Memories track is growing on me every time I listen to it. Great piece of work!
As written I was so lucky to arrive to London in 1988, getting a flat in Batson Street, Shepherds Bush without having a clue about what was going on at that time in London. Apart from going to Loftus Road every second Saturday. Then I met a friendly Irish crew who took me clubbing. And I was suddenly part of the acid house scene/second summer of love. Going to brilliant clubs such as Shoom, Love at the Wag, Spectrum, etc. That was an awesome experience and marked complete paradigm shift in (electronic) music. Soon Acid house got a lot of negative tabloid attention and cheasy chart hits killed it. But the underground scene continued and going to Rage in the following years I realised how the many variations of the amen sample and breakbeats started making a new sound - combined with ragga samples. But still with elements from house. And as you correctly wrote PunteR - Fabio and Grooverider were the main men back then. Almost like Lennon and Macartney as you wrote :-) Good comparison considering what they started back then has been around for 3 decades now in many variations - from a multitude of artists.
I am now in my 50ยดs and living another life back in Denmark. But I never lost the excitement when I hear good d'n'b/jungle music as I did for instance at Notting Hill Carnival a few months ago. It seems like there is a new generation now at my kids age that has taken jungle to them and started making great new music with respect for the old sound. This year I had the pleasure to hear two nu skool jungle acts who made me dance and thinking that the sound is still very much alive. NIA Archives and 4 AM Kru:

[Post edited 25 Nov 2023 13:02]
Think ive lost my mind D&B on 12:59 - Nov 25 with 1578 viewsqueensparker

Loving this thread as a frequent visitor to Blue Note, Lazerdrome, Bar Rhumba etc etc back in the day.

This tune gets sniffed at by the purists but still gets a mainstream crowd (and me) going to this day. Was so massive at the time

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 21:42 - Nov 26 with 1501 viewsQPsyR

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 09:08 - Nov 21 by Bluce_Ree

I don't like it. The twee vocals seem like they should be on a TV advert for some bullshit and the beat is the bare minimum for D&B. Snare on 2 and 4, kick on 1 and the upbeat of 3.

If you're going to do it, do it right.

Ha Ha Bluce soz in fairness my really good friend who is a proper D&B raver said she doesn't do vanilla when I sent her this when it came out...oh and something about no music for p***ies only proper stuff. She's well into Neuerofunk TBF

Most embarrassingly I literally had no idea whatsoever I started this thread
Don't carry on all day Monday after a big Sunday is my sensible advice. I have decided to become a sensible, upstanding useful member of society from now on after that aberration lol Well apart from going to Tribe of Frog last night lol

Anyhow apart from the Burt Cope track these are my favourite D&B tracks from the last couple of years plus my favourite two ever - As I've Spackmaned many a time on the TFFT lol.....Sorry Bluce I don't think you will approve but when it comes to D&B I like intelligent as it was and Liquid as it is now. Weirdly when it comes to Acid Techno I love it when it goes as hard as fkn nails.

And my absolute favourite two..........funnily enough both on a a Moving Shadow cassette taht was free with Wax magazine in December 1996.

The true rebels always walk alone anyway.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2023 13:42]

FKA AcidPixie

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 10:24 - Dec 1 with 1375 viewssilky

A new one from me today. Atmospheric Jungle!

https://futureretrolondon.bandcamp.com/album/fr029?fbclid=IwAR2vRaFjnzEiJwirkHTM

Enjoy

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 11:51 - Dec 1 with 1354 viewsdannyblue

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 10:24 - Dec 1 by silky

https://futureretrolondon.bandcamp.com/album/fr029?fbclid=IwAR2vRaFjnzEiJwirkHTM

Enjoy

Loving it. Reminds me of Artemiev

Login to get fewer ads

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 15:36 - Dec 1 with 1314 viewsStevenageRanger

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 08:57 - Nov 25 by silky

What a small world. I know pretty much all of those you've mentioned.

I've released on both of Edd labels (Jedi and Cantina Cuts)

Also got a remix release planned on Dave Eulisive Ninety Two Retro label soon.

Nice to hear Strongforce is still around. I wonder whatever happened to DJ Gry8? And his warehouse full of Dubs, lol.

Gyr8 is still counting the dubs! Nobody ever did find out who he was/if he was genuine!
Think ive lost my mind D&B on 15:36 - Dec 1 with 1313 viewsStevenageRanger

Ed is a great lad. I see you had a couple of tracks on his label.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2023 15:37]
Think ive lost my mind D&B on 19:14 - Dec 1 with 1279 viewsBluce_Ree

Enjoy

Oh man, I can f**k with this ALL DAY.

Proper D&B.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 19:31 - Dec 1 with 1269 viewsFDC

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 19:14 - Dec 1 by Bluce_Ree

Proper D&B.

Yeah you've got chops Mr Silky, this is proper!

I had a house mate who was obsessed with Good Looking, and listening to this I can just imagine him playing this and the smell of weed wafting from his room
[Post edited 1 Dec 2023 19:34]
Think ive lost my mind D&B on 22:23 - Dec 1 with 1237 viewssilky

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 11:51 - Dec 1 by dannyblue

Loving it. Reminds me of Artemiev

That is a wonderful piece of music. Thanks for sharing.

What a win tonight also.

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 22:28 - Dec 1 with 1230 viewsdannyblue

Lovely isn't it. Must have been sampled plenty, but plenty of room to do more, pitched up or down, doubled up, with some reverb or other fx
Think ive lost my mind D&B on 07:41 - Dec 2 with 1175 viewssilky

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 15:36 - Dec 1 by StevenageRanger

Gyr8 is still counting the dubs! Nobody ever did find out who he was/if he was genuine!

He had to be full of BS. Definitely a character though.

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 07:45 - Dec 2 with 1174 viewssilky

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 09:36 - Nov 25 by FDC

This is what I installed fairly recently

https://www.tracktion.com/products/waveform-free

It's good because they essentially give you the full version of the previous release for free, so it's not in any way a demo install, it's the real deal just not the very most up to date.

This is developing into an amateur producers thread and I'm here for it.

Edit: if you're looking to record guitar, get an SM58 mic (or cheaper but similar mic depending on budget) to start with, it's industry standard all rounder, will do vocals etc. then you might look to get a more detail oriented condenser mic once you're up and running
[Post edited 25 Nov 2023 9:43]

I need to get me an SM58. Been on the list for a while now.

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 07:46 - Dec 2 with 1173 viewssilky

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 15:36 - Dec 1 by StevenageRanger

Ed is a great lad. I see you had a couple of tracks on his label.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2023 15:37]

Yeah Ed is fantastic. Always got time for him. Top bloke

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 07:47 - Dec 2 with 1172 viewssilky

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 19:14 - Dec 1 by Bluce_Ree

Proper D&B.

Man, I love comments like this. Glad you're feeling it mate. Means a lot.

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 07:50 - Dec 2 with 1171 viewssilky

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 19:31 - Dec 1 by FDC

Yeah you've got chops Mr Silky, this is proper!

I had a house mate who was obsessed with Good Looking, and listening to this I can just imagine him playing this and the smell of weed wafting from his room
[Post edited 1 Dec 2023 19:34]

Thanks mate, it's massively appreciated. This track took a lot out of me. The vinyl releases take forever to finally get out there.

Very happy with this one.

Ah to relive those days again, having a toke with chilled GLR releases like they were new again.

This always sends me on a journey.

[Post edited 2 Dec 2023 7:52]

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 23:57 - Dec 2 with 1132 viewsQPsyR

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 07:50 - Dec 2 by silky

Thanks mate, it's massively appreciated. This track took a lot out of me. The vinyl releases take forever to finally get out there.

Very happy with this one.

Ah to relive those days again, having a toke with chilled GLR releases like they were new again.

This always sends me on a journey.

[Post edited 2 Dec 2023 7:52]

That is wicked Silky, listened to it a few times...

I love this, to me this is a proper Winter D&B tune, probably the ultimate Christmas D&B tune lol

Sorry in advance Bluce. Weirdly it was my aforementoned mate who is well into the proper hard stuff who introduced me to Keeno....

And This amazing from the same EP epic

[Post edited 3 Dec 2023 0:25]

FKA AcidPixie

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 16:17 - Dec 26 with 918 viewsPunteR

Enjoy

My copy dropped in this week. Also got Tim Reapers Tuff Luv VIP Mix bonus record.
Stonking tune and remixes. That intro on the original mix of
Bells Of Arptazia ....wow .. amazing.

I see the record is already sold out.!

Top man Silky, thank you . Hope you had a great Christmas and hopefully we'll catch up in the new year. x

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 21:36 - Dec 26 with 864 viewssilky

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 16:17 - Dec 26 by PunteR

My copy dropped in this week. Also got Tim Reapers Tuff Luv VIP Mix bonus record.
Stonking tune and remixes. That intro on the original mix of
Bells Of Arptazia ....wow .. amazing.

I see the record is already sold out.!

Top man Silky, thank you . Hope you had a great Christmas and hopefully we'll catch up in the new year. x

Ah mate, glad you got it okay. Will sort out that other record for you when I can. Thanks for the kind words and hope you had a great Christmas mate. ๐Ÿ‘Œ

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 02:12 - Dec 29 with 773 viewsPunteR

Justin Drake the main man on engineer production duties, who also was behind Champion sound The Alliance remix plus all the pumping House Ugly Bug tunes with Pete (the Shaker)Bones* . Also one half of Peace Division which during the late 90s and early 00s smashed the Prog / Tech House scene.

*See most of my sets for more info
[Post edited 29 Dec 2023 2:27]

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 02:54 - Dec 29 with 762 viewsPunteR

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 09:24 - Jan 11 with 515 viewsFDC

Don't know if people have seen these, made oi larf. Insanely sampleable!

[Post edited 11 Jan 9:28]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024