Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
European Elections 07:41 - Nov 23 with 5392 viewsDr_Winston

The rise of Geert Wilders, Marine Le Pen and the AFD in Germany (not forgetting the Italians) should be of no surprise to anyone who has actually been paying attention over the last couple of decades.

Perhaps the single biggest reason I voted for Brexit (other than the democratic shortage at the heart of the EU Governing process) was my belief that the whole thing would come crashing down within a couple of decades and that we'd be better off out before that happened.

Seen little since to change my mind.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

European Elections on 07:43 - Nov 23 with 2852 viewsTogg

Vox in Spain have gathered huge support also.
European Elections on 07:49 - Nov 23 with 2847 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I was surprised at the Dutch result, but it appears they have a chronic housing shortage of about 500,000 units and have taken in about 250,000 migrants in the last year. These issues have dominated the election these by all accounts

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

European Elections on 07:59 - Nov 23 with 2841 viewsDr_Winston

When "centrist" politicians refuse to listen, people are driven to the extremes.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

European Elections on 08:00 - Nov 23 with 2840 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

When people's lives are directly impacted by issues and politicians just allow things to drift people don't feel they are being represented or that politicians are acting in their interest.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2023 8:36]

European Elections on 08:38 - Nov 23 with 2814 viewsmajorraglan

European Elections on 07:59 - Nov 23 by Dr_Winston

When "centrist" politicians refuse to listen, people are driven to the extremes.

I’d agree with this. Immigration is an emotive issue, I know illegal immigration has been in the news a lot over, but legal immigration which is over 20 times higher and approached 1.2m last year alone doesn’t feature a great deal in the press. Maybe if Labour were in power the Daily Mail’s etc would carry more stories on legal migration.
European Elections on 09:28 - Nov 23 with 2776 viewsWingstandwood

That'll upset The Guardian…. its staff....Owen Jones….Gary Lineker....the child killer Innocence fraud supporting (those lies in documentaries) vermin at the BBC….virtue signalling middle class NIMBY 'trendy-Wendy's who detest ‘white-van-man’ from their leafy metropolitan suburbs….certain academics and certain civil servants with common sense of forlorn aspiration only…..ANTIFA, BLM, lefty student agitators…. Marxist organizations and other WOKE idiots.

I guess the time-worn tactic was yet again used to address those with sensible concerns and worries by maliciously smearing and insulting them with words like “gammon”….”knuckle dragger”….”racist”….fascist”. What a vote winner hey? Always works 'NOT' lol.

Ain't it crazy that many create the very opposite of what they wish for. Welcome to their Kamikaze world resulting in the empowerment and support for hard-line political parties and the self-destruction of the EU folks!!!!

Argus!

European Elections on 09:33 - Nov 23 with 2764 viewscontroversial_jack

Poland, however has rejected the right wing, so it's not all bad news
European Elections on 09:58 - Nov 23 with 2745 viewsDr_Winston

European Elections on 08:38 - Nov 23 by majorraglan

I’d agree with this. Immigration is an emotive issue, I know illegal immigration has been in the news a lot over, but legal immigration which is over 20 times higher and approached 1.2m last year alone doesn’t feature a great deal in the press. Maybe if Labour were in power the Daily Mail’s etc would carry more stories on legal migration.

Legal migration is actually a bit of a money-spinner for the Govt. I've known a couple of guys who moved to the UK from India, and by the time they'd finished the process of securing legal status for them and their families neither had much change left over from thirty grand spent on fees.

They'd have both been better off getting a dinghy over.

Login to get fewer ads

European Elections on 10:04 - Nov 23 with 2733 viewscontroversial_jack

European Elections on 09:58 - Nov 23 by Dr_Winston

Legal migration is actually a bit of a money-spinner for the Govt. I've known a couple of guys who moved to the UK from India, and by the time they'd finished the process of securing legal status for them and their families neither had much change left over from thirty grand spent on fees.

Legal migrants pay taxes
European Elections on 10:21 - Nov 23 with 2732 viewsWingstandwood

Recent immigration numbers that were stated/predicted to be 700,000? ARE EVEN HIGHER than that!
It's scary to think how can a country with an NHS and public services already in an catastrophic state possibly cope? And with popuation increases like this year in year out?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12783349/Net-migration-high-huge-pressu

Argus!

European Elections on 10:29 - Nov 23 with 2718 viewscontroversial_jack

European Elections on 10:21 - Nov 23 by Wingstandwood

Recent immigration numbers that were stated/predicted to be 700,000? ARE EVEN HIGHER than that!
It's scary to think how can a country with an NHS and public services already in an catastrophic state possibly cope? And with popuation increases like this year in year out?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12783349/Net-migration-high-huge-pressu

If immigrants are taxpayers they will contribute to the NHS. Immigrants, also tend to be younger and healthier than the natives.
European Elections on 10:41 - Nov 23 with 2721 viewsunion_jack

European Elections on 07:49 - Nov 23 by JACKMANANDBOY

I was surprised at the Dutch result, but it appears they have a chronic housing shortage of about 500,000 units and have taken in about 250,000 migrants in the last year. These issues have dominated the election these by all accounts

When I saw the clips this morning I thought Jimmy Page was the new Dutch PM😂

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

European Elections on 10:49 - Nov 23 with 2716 viewsonehunglow

European Elections on 10:41 - Nov 23 by union_jack

He was overrated .
I voted to remain but I am not as any those adjectives describe .
Leavers v remainers.
We alway pigeon hole people .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

European Elections on 10:56 - Nov 23 with 2716 viewsWingstandwood

European Elections on 10:29 - Nov 23 by controversial_jack

If immigrants are taxpayers they will contribute to the NHS. Immigrants, also tend to be younger and healthier than the natives.

Argus!

European Elections on 11:06 - Nov 23 with 2700 viewsBoundy

European Elections on 10:56 - Nov 23 by Wingstandwood

Sometimes words fail me, this is one of them.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

European Elections on 11:28 - Nov 23 with 2689 viewsWingstandwood

European Elections on 11:06 - Nov 23 by Boundy

Sometimes words fail me, this is one of them.

He (Mr Controversial) is obvioulsy utterly oblivious to what the high ranking senior/experienced doctor and G.P organisation representative said about the end result and correlation of unsustainable immigration numbers and having an NHS actually capable of coping.

16,000 G.P’s urgently required in England alone. Mmmmmm I wonder if increasing a population by millions will make the situation worse or better depite the fact they pay taxes? Mmmmmmm???? LOL!!!!

He was also utterly oblivious to the fact that work seeking incomers can bring their entire family over, that'll increase the population even further and apparently students can do the same also.

QUOTE: “Your partner and children
Your partner and children (‘dependants’) may be able to apply to come to the UK or stay longer in the UK". (End of quote)

Yeah that’s really attractive for keeping the population down to manageable levels, lessen public service demand and NHS catastrophe whilst helping the housing crisis? But in all fairness he did know more about dental implants than what my dentist of forty years expereince did.

[Post edited 23 Nov 2023 12:20]

Argus!

European Elections on 11:37 - Nov 23 with 2663 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

They might be young now but I reckon there’s a chance they’ll get older at some point.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

European Elections on 12:20 - Nov 23 with 2626 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

European Elections on 11:37 - Nov 23 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

They might be young now but I reckon there’s a chance they’ll get older at some point.

Give them a few years in Gregg's, McDonalds and KFC and they will catch up with our eye watering levels of metabolic disease.

European Elections on 12:31 - Nov 23 with 2609 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

It's a long dingy ride from Mumbai.

European Elections on 12:55 - Nov 23 with 2597 viewsWingstandwood

European Elections on 12:31 - Nov 23 by JACKMANANDBOY

It's a long dingy ride from Mumbai.

Aye, why enter by boat? And others that moan about a lack of 'safe' and 'legal' routes? Staggering and shocking, the graph says it all!

Indivduals voting Conservative? "Once bitten twice shy".... and.... "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me". We are witnessing the destruction of the U.K via deliberate over-population in real time!!!!

The Tories can now promise until the cows come home, It'll make not one jot of impact!!!!

They face electoral wipe-out that I guess will be of never ever seen before magnitude.

Argus!

European Elections on 13:17 - Nov 23 with 2586 viewsAnotherJohn

The question is how many earn enough to make a net fiscal contribution. If you Google you will find early studies (such as the one from UCL in 2014) that say migrants are net contributors, but the makeup and scale of migration seems to have changed so it is far less clear in 2023. The ONS stats for 2022 show that almost 54% of the UK population are net recipients (i.e. they get more in services and benefits than they pay in tax), so one could ask how immigrants factor into that. Then there are the "externalities" that are never included in such calculations - the extra cost of security, migrant processing, publicly-provided accommodation, support for unaccompanied children, and other changes in public provision that we make, but which will not be captured by the value of individual benefits received.

Yes, migrants they are on average a younger population, but not always a strikingly heathy one. Research from Sweden shows high mental health service needs, some have chronic health conditions, and many will not have received the kind of public health and vaccination support they would have got if they grew up in the UK. Smoking rates for some groups are high and we have seen small outbreaks of infectious disease not normally encountered in the UK. So again there is a mixed picture.

As others have said, coping with a (net) extra million plus people in two years is a major burden on infrastructure and services, and that actually involves over a million a year (gross) of new entrants who need to cope with a new country.
European Elections on 18:32 - Nov 23 with 2513 viewsTreforys_Jack

Thoroughly depressing thread, not the comments, but the realism of the situation.
European Elections on 19:22 - Nov 23 with 2469 viewscontroversial_jack

European Elections on 11:37 - Nov 23 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

There’s a high chance that they will have children themselves. Children, generally become productive taxpayers. Some may even become doctors and nurses
[Post edited 23 Nov 2023 19:25]
European Elections on 20:39 - Nov 23 with 2436 viewsTogg

European Elections on 10:41 - Nov 23 by union_jack

Great guitar playing on the Immigrant Song mind. Very apt!
European Elections on 20:49 - Nov 23 with 2429 viewsKilkennyjack

Quite wrong to be honest ….

Trump ❌
Johnson ❌
LePen ❌

The world is moving away from these right wing populists.
Thankfully.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024