Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
European Elections 07:41 - Nov 23 with 5484 viewsDr_Winston

The rise of Geert Wilders, Marine Le Pen and the AFD in Germany (not forgetting the Italians) should be of no surprise to anyone who has actually been paying attention over the last couple of decades.

Perhaps the single biggest reason I voted for Brexit (other than the democratic shortage at the heart of the EU Governing process) was my belief that the whole thing would come crashing down within a couple of decades and that we'd be better off out before that happened.

Seen little since to change my mind.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

European Elections on 20:12 - Nov 24 with 712 viewsSullutaCreturned

European Elections on 17:31 - Nov 24 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Nice headline but if you actually read the article even the guy who did the survey (a remain voter) says it’s probably all bollocks and should be taken with a pinch of salt.

How do you measure intelligence anyway?

You certainly can't measure it by education levels as so many of our politicians regularly prove.

I mean a Welsh politician or two seem to be thinking it's not ok for cars to do 30 in certain areas but it'll be safe for buses.

As for Westminster, Bojo, Hancock, Grayling...there's an extensive list of well educated morons.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2023 20:15]
European Elections on 17:07 - Nov 26 with 621 viewsfelixstowe_jack

As recent riots in Dublin have shown all is not well in the EU.
Over 20% of the population in Ireland were born outside Ireland. Mass immigration has led to a housing shortage not helped by their cost of living crisis or poverty levels.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

European Elections on 17:40 - Nov 26 with 599 viewscontroversial_jack

European Elections on 17:07 - Nov 26 by felixstowe_jack

Over 20% of the population in Ireland were born outside Ireland. Mass immigration has led to a housing shortage not helped by their cost of living crisis or poverty levels.

All is not well in many countries outside of the EU, so what's your point?
European Elections on 18:17 - Nov 26 with 592 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

European Elections on 17:40 - Nov 26 by controversial_jack

All is not well in many countries outside of the EU, so what's your point?

If we are taking about Ireland, it'll be a "point a Guinness"

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

European Elections on 18:22 - Nov 26 with 590 viewsAnotherJohn

One complaint from poorer Irish people is that the migrants get low-cost healthcare while they have to put up with the rough end of a two-tier service. The healthcare system took a sharp turn for the worse after the EU imposed the Excessive Deficit Procedure in 2009 (meaning austerity) and still hasn't recovered. which partly explains why the Republic has the highest uptake of private health insurance in the EU. Here is an extract from a 2023 OECD report.

"In addition, the health sector is dealing with past underspending, particularly in capital outlays in the years following the global financial crisis, that have constrained service delivery, contributing to substantial waiting lists and heavy pressure on staff. The government has initiated wide-ranging reforms, termed Sláintecare, with the aim of broadening the coverage of universal care, decentralising provision and enhancing the integration of primary, community and hospital care. The reforms are complicated, reflecting a healthcare system that is complex and at times opaque. This is particularly the case with the interaction of the public and private parts of the system in which private patients enjoy easier access to care, leading to concerns about a two-tier healthcare system."

https://www.oecd-ilibrary.org/docserver/6a000bf1-en.pdf?expires=1701022864&i

A certain Irishman who frequents our forum should be protesting about that rather than our NHS.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2023 18:27]
European Elections on 18:23 - Nov 26 with 589 viewsonehunglow

European Elections on 20:39 - Nov 23 by Togg

Great guitar playing on the Immigrant Song mind. Very apt!

Bass anyway

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

European Elections on 18:31 - Nov 26 with 585 viewsSullutaCreturned

I've looked at the story, the police say the far right are to blame but who stabbed those people?
They've said it wasn't terrorist linked, was it an immigrant, a non white person? Or was it white racists rioting to try and cause more trouble?

With Wilders winning in Holland the anti immigrant rhetori seems to be rising across Europe again.
We have Ukraine and Gaza going on, and with all this, we are certainly in very troubled times.
European Elections on 18:46 - Nov 26 with 577 viewsGwyn737

European Elections on 18:31 - Nov 26 by SullutaCreturned

I've looked at the story, the police say the far right are to blame but who stabbed those people?
They've said it wasn't terrorist linked, was it an immigrant, a non white person? Or was it white racists rioting to try and cause more trouble?

With Wilders winning in Holland the anti immigrant rhetori seems to be rising across Europe again.
We have Ukraine and Gaza going on, and with all this, we are certainly in very troubled times.

They’re suggesting it was an Algerian who has been in the country for 20 years and has been an Irish citizen for 10.

Terrorism has not been ruled out and he was recently known to police.

Whatever the outcome the far right incitement to riot was shocking. I hope the suspect is prosecuted to the full power of the law. I’d like the same for those who incited violence, rioted, looted, committed arson, fire bombed the asylum centre and all the other crimes.

We should also thank the people who bravely stepped in to disarm the man.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2023 6:30]
Login to get fewer ads

European Elections on 19:19 - Nov 26 with 558 viewscontroversial_jack

European Elections on 18:31 - Nov 26 by SullutaCreturned

The Dutch are struggling to form a coalition as no party wants to work with Wilders.Poland has rejected its right wing. We will have the. Labour party in power here fairly soon, so it’s not all bad news
European Elections on 20:45 - Nov 26 with 531 viewsKilkennyjack

European Elections on 20:09 - Nov 24 by SullutaCreturned

Yeah, read the last 2 paragraphs.

Basucally, correlation doesn't prove causation

You voted remain didn't you, kilky

Yes i voted Remain.

I like European people.
I knew uk trade would suffer from being outside the EU.
I knew Johnson was a lazy posh boy liar.
I knew Mogg would do nothing for working class men and women.
I knew European funding helped Wales through structural grants.
I liked the idea of free movement of people.
I valued the post war peace in Europe.
I knew Farage for what he is.
I could see tbe risk to 20 years of peace on the island of Ireland.
All the above was obvious.

I also know the uk will rejoin in all but name, and thats started already.

Brexit was always a big fat Tory lie. 🇬🇧

Beware of the Risen People

European Elections on 20:47 - Nov 26 with 530 viewsKilkennyjack

European Elections on 18:46 - Nov 26 by Gwyn737

They’re suggesting it was an Algerian who has been in the country for 20 years and has been an Irish citizen for 10.

Terrorism has not been ruled out and he was recently known to police.

Whatever the outcome the far right incitement to riot was shocking. I hope the suspect is prosecuted to the full power of the law. I’d like the same for those who incited violence, rioted, looted, committed arson, fire bombed the asylum centre and all the other crimes.

We should also thank the people who bravely stepped in to disarm the man.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2023 6:30]

Well said.

European Elections on 09:11 - Nov 27 with 482 viewsfelixstowe_jack

European Elections on 20:45 - Nov 26 by Kilkennyjack

Yes i voted Remain.

I like European people.
I knew uk trade would suffer from being outside the EU.
I knew Johnson was a lazy posh boy liar.
I knew Mogg would do nothing for working class men and women.
I knew European funding helped Wales through structural grants.
I liked the idea of free movement of people.
I valued the post war peace in Europe.
I knew Farage for what he is.
I could see tbe risk to 20 years of peace on the island of Ireland.
All the above was obvious.

I also know the uk will rejoin in all but name, and thats started already.

Brexit was always a big fat Tory lie. 🇬🇧

Post war peace in Europe has been due to NATO nothing to do with EU.

UK trade with the EU and the World has increased since we left. Do at least TRY to get your facts right.

Democracy lives in Europe even if you don't believe people are allowed to vote differently to you.

European Elections on 09:32 - Nov 27 with 470 viewscontroversial_jack

European Elections on 09:11 - Nov 27 by felixstowe_jack

UK trade with the EU and the World has increased since we left. Do at least TRY to get your facts right.

Democracy lives in Europe even if you don't believe people are allowed to vote differently to you.

The conflict in the Donbass is about NATO. The great actor, Bellendsky has the Russia peace plan was about the Ukraine not joining NATO and remaining neutral. He sain Johnson told them not to accept the peace deal, but to keep on fighting. NATO is the problem not the solution

Trade has not increased after Brexit. Yes, wee have new trade deals, but they are just continuations. I believe we are still lagging behind most of the other big nations in the G7
European Elections on 10:54 - Nov 27 with 458 viewsfelixstowe_jack

European Elections on 09:32 - Nov 27 by controversial_jack

The conflict in the Donbass is about NATO. The great actor, Bellendsky has the Russia peace plan was about the Ukraine not joining NATO and remaining neutral. He sain Johnson told them not to accept the peace deal, but to keep on fighting. NATO is the problem not the solution

Trade has not increased after Brexit. Yes, wee have new trade deals, but they are just continuations. I believe we are still lagging behind most of the other big nations in the G7

Sorry to hear Russia is lagging behind the rest of the World as a result of their invasion on Ukraine and western sanctions.

European Elections on 11:47 - Nov 27 with 445 viewscontroversial_jack

European Elections on 10:54 - Nov 27 by felixstowe_jack

Sorry to hear Russia is lagging behind the rest of the World as a result of their invasion on Ukraine and western sanctions.

Russia is thriving, they have turned towards the eastern countries, BRICS has had a boost. they don't nee us
European Elections on 11:54 - Nov 27 with 444 viewsonehunglow

European Elections on 11:47 - Nov 27 by controversial_jack

Russia is thriving, they have turned towards the eastern countries, BRICS has had a boost. they don't nee us

Russia thriving,then off you go.
You hate this country ,indeed the west.
Russia, a bastion of freedom for all.
You’re sick ,man .
Sick
You’re doing a great job though

European Elections on 11:59 - Nov 27 with 441 viewsfelixstowe_jack

European Elections on 11:47 - Nov 27 by controversial_jack

Is that why their interest rates are 15% to protect the falling rouble and inflation is 8%

European Elections on 12:17 - Nov 27 with 421 viewsonehunglow

European Elections on 11:59 - Nov 27 by felixstowe_jack

Is that why their interest rates are 15% to protect the falling rouble and inflation is 8%

Not many migrants seem to make there seeing it's prospering really

European Elections on 12:19 - Nov 27 with 419 viewsunion_jack

European Elections on 11:59 - Nov 27 by felixstowe_jack

Don’t put him off!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

European Elections on 12:43 - Nov 27 with 408 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

European Elections on 09:32 - Nov 27 by controversial_jack

It was about Nazis the other day. Now it’s about NATO. Strange how the casus belli changes to fit the narrative of the day.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

European Elections on 16:39 - Nov 27 with 390 viewscontroversial_jack

European Elections on 12:43 - Nov 27 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

It was about Nazis the other day. Now it’s about NATO. Strange how the casus belli changes to fit the narrative of the day.

It was about NATO, but there were demands for de nazification as well, but Dullensky glossed over that in his interview
European Elections on 17:58 - Nov 27 with 385 viewsonehunglow

European Elections on 16:39 - Nov 27 by controversial_jack

It was about NATO, but there were demands for de nazification as well, but Dullensky glossed over that in his interview

You don’t like NATO .
No surprise there

European Elections on 19:03 - Nov 27 with 364 viewscontroversial_jack

European Elections on 17:58 - Nov 27 by onehunglow

You don’t like NATO .
No surprise there

I don't, and it should be disbanded asap
European Elections on 08:32 - Nov 28 with 332 viewsfelixstowe_jack

European Elections on 19:03 - Nov 27 by controversial_jack

I don't, and it should be disbanded asap

Why disband an organisation that has kept the peace in Europe since the last World War. If only the United Nations was as successful.

European Elections on 08:42 - Nov 28 with 330 viewsKilkennyjack

European Elections on 09:11 - Nov 27 by felixstowe_jack

Talking, trading and living with other people builds community and breaks down barriers.
Of course the EU has been as important as NATO.

You stay on idiot island where the hard of thinking are led by the uncaring toffs. Its a road to nowhere. Friendless and increasingly pointless in a modern joined up world. 🇬🇧

The young will address this soon. 2026 is 10 years of damage. Enough.
The uk will rejoin as night follows day.
Hopefully using the Euro and with EU passports.
Losing all the benefits that Thatcher gained - what a mess.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024