Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There are no goals in this team 09:50 - Nov 29 with 3712 viewsTK1

None.

Apart from the four we scored, the two absolute sitters we missed, and the one that smacked the post.

In the five games he's been here, Marti has coaxed goals from Dykes, Chair and Willock, all of whom should be very capable of scoring at this level. We need another 9 to put pressure on Dykes, maybe sometimes to play off him. But with every second watching this team now you do wonder what the fck Ainsworth thought he was playing at getting this squad to play the way he had them. Just incredible mismanagement of resources.

There are no goals in this team on 12:15 - Nov 29 with 3499 viewsPaddyhoops

They are better than what they were being asked to do by Ainsworth. Our delivery fro set pieces is still piss poor mind but we are creating chances and I have no doubt Dykes and in particular Willock will benefit from
Last nights display or at least the last Fifteen minutes.
Momentum us with us now .
There are no goals in this team on 12:22 - Nov 29 with 3461 viewsNorthantsHoop

There are no goals in this team on 12:15 - Nov 29 by Paddyhoops

They are better than what they were being asked to do by Ainsworth. Our delivery fro set pieces is still piss poor mind but we are creating chances and I have no doubt Dykes and in particular Willock will benefit from
Last nights display or at least the last Fifteen minutes.
Momentum us with us now .

Agree this could be the win to turn it for us, feeling this could dare I say it be like when we won at Watford last season under Beale and performances started to take off. Keep the faith.
There are no goals in this team on 12:30 - Nov 29 with 3409 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Before we have another thread smashing the grannie out of Ainsworth, there were people slagging MC at half time and calling him incompetent for not bringing on Armstrong where I was sitting.

Things are better, especially in possession, and those three goals and the lead up to them were a stunning masterstroke, but Ainsworth is one of four managers that left in awful form.

Let’s be honest about last night, a different bounce here and there for both teams and this forum would be on fire calling for MC’s head.

I just wish we’d turn it on the Ainsworth hate. He doesn’t deserve it IMO.
There are no goals in this team on 12:34 - Nov 29 with 3391 viewsconnell10

Why slag off GA , he has gone .........just draw a line under it and move on

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

There are no goals in this team on 12:36 - Nov 29 with 3382 viewsconnell10

There are no goals in this team on 12:30 - Nov 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

Before we have another thread smashing the grannie out of Ainsworth, there were people slagging MC at half time and calling him incompetent for not bringing on Armstrong where I was sitting.

Things are better, especially in possession, and those three goals and the lead up to them were a stunning masterstroke, but Ainsworth is one of four managers that left in awful form.

Let’s be honest about last night, a different bounce here and there for both teams and this forum would be on fire calling for MC’s head.

Totally agree , it's last weeks news , let's all move on.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

There are no goals in this team on 12:37 - Nov 29 with 3375 viewsmikeygunn

Sinclair wasn’t even on the bench!
There are no goals in this team on 12:39 - Nov 29 with 3358 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

There are no goals in this team on 12:37 - Nov 29 by mikeygunn

Sinclair wasn’t even on the bench!

Exactly!
There are no goals in this team on 14:05 - Nov 29 with 3156 viewsTK1

I'm not really slagging GA off, It was more of a good-natured subtweet of Northern R and a few others on here's pessimism than just a dig at GA - though I realise of course one swallow does not make a spiring, I have felt that there are goals in this squad if they were differently organised.

However...I do have a total bewilderment that seems to grow the longer GA's not here at what I was witnessing. It's a bit PTSD, I suppose.

And since this is still the season he started off in charge, and that he left us without a home win in eight months, and the new guy has been for here for just five games, and already has four points from six at home playing an entirely different style of football, back to front, I feel it's kind of OK on a QPR message board to wonder what on earth happened. Is this not the right place to talk about the evolution of this season's football at QPR?

If GA came on here, I'd ask him. If he'd been in the pub last night, I'd have asked him (politely, I'd have bought him a beer even). I know you are very defensive of him, but I don't think for one second it bothers him half as much as you imagine. But it's really bothered me as I just don't understand what that was all about.
Login to get fewer ads

There are no goals in this team on 14:59 - Nov 29 with 2986 viewsLoyalitat

There are no goals in this team on 14:05 - Nov 29 by TK1

I'm not really slagging GA off, It was more of a good-natured subtweet of Northern R and a few others on here's pessimism than just a dig at GA - though I realise of course one swallow does not make a spiring, I have felt that there are goals in this squad if they were differently organised.

However...I do have a total bewilderment that seems to grow the longer GA's not here at what I was witnessing. It's a bit PTSD, I suppose.

And since this is still the season he started off in charge, and that he left us without a home win in eight months, and the new guy has been for here for just five games, and already has four points from six at home playing an entirely different style of football, back to front, I feel it's kind of OK on a QPR message board to wonder what on earth happened. Is this not the right place to talk about the evolution of this season's football at QPR?

If GA came on here, I'd ask him. If he'd been in the pub last night, I'd have asked him (politely, I'd have bought him a beer even). I know you are very defensive of him, but I don't think for one second it bothers him half as much as you imagine. But it's really bothered me as I just don't understand what that was all about.

You're perfectly entitled to wonder what the hell GA was doing during his tenure at this club with this set of players, yet opted for the failed Wycombe Wanderers style of play at this level.

Add to that Elijah Dixon-Bonner, whose maturity, composure and confidence belies the very few starts he has made at this level. He always seems to make himself available for the pass and is prepared to receive the ball in tight areas. Granted, it doesn't always work but he is brave and will get better. Yet he was overlooked for Stephen Duke-Mckenna during Ainsworth's reign.

It is utterly bewildering as you rightly say.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2023 15:27]
There are no goals in this team on 14:59 - Nov 29 with 2984 viewsPaddyhoops

There are no goals in this team on 12:22 - Nov 29 by NorthantsHoop

Agree this could be the win to turn it for us, feeling this could dare I say it be like when we won at Watford last season under Beale and performances started to take off. Keep the faith.

Gareth wasn’t up to the job . Sadly the results proved that. I love him to bits and still do but it was a bridge too far him and in time even he’ll acknowledge that.
No gaurentees we’ll survive but we’re we not entertained last night?
There are no goals in this team on 15:02 - Nov 29 with 2957 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I don't blame him, rather the person who appointed him.

But anyone can see the difference last night, even when we were losing. 19 shots, nine on target. That's how you end up scoring four goals, not by parking the bus and hoping you'll nick a one-nil.

Willock would have come on in the 96th minute for his 30-second cameo.
There are no goals in this team on 15:05 - Nov 29 with 2950 viewsLazyFan

We only scored 3 from what I can tell and 2 of those were against 10 men.

But yes, the playing style is massively improved and we are a different team. What we have learned is we can play, we need to be more organised to do that for all of the 100 mins per game and that we can beat 10 men if we need to come from behind.

I would like to see that against 11 men and hopefully that is coming soon now.

zzzzzzzzzz

There are no goals in this team on 15:14 - Nov 29 with 2922 viewsbosh67

I think last night proved that there is some spirit in this team and that the style of football is far more suited to what the players are used to and can do.

Look at it this way. Gareth saved us against the odds last season. We were down and out when he came in and we staggered to the bell under him to stay in the league, so he did the job he was asked to do. The problem was that he neither had the squad, resources or real sense of playing style to push on this season, but he did, I think, bring some decent experience in. So he left us equipped better than he found us, save perhaps letting Martin go.

Marti feels like a very much more sophisticated football creature and he has at least realised that this squad was used to the Warburton and early Beale style of play, so he has reverted to that and tried to at least get the players enjoying their football. That's quite a big deal really.

I still think we are very goal light in this squad and it may still be the undoing of our chances to get out of the relegation fight, but at least it feels (at time of writing) like we are crawling in the right direction.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2023 15:16]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

There are no goals in this team on 16:21 - Nov 29 with 2686 viewsTK1

There are no goals in this team on 15:14 - Nov 29 by bosh67

I think last night proved that there is some spirit in this team and that the style of football is far more suited to what the players are used to and can do.

Look at it this way. Gareth saved us against the odds last season. We were down and out when he came in and we staggered to the bell under him to stay in the league, so he did the job he was asked to do. The problem was that he neither had the squad, resources or real sense of playing style to push on this season, but he did, I think, bring some decent experience in. So he left us equipped better than he found us, save perhaps letting Martin go.

Marti feels like a very much more sophisticated football creature and he has at least realised that this squad was used to the Warburton and early Beale style of play, so he has reverted to that and tried to at least get the players enjoying their football. That's quite a big deal really.

I still think we are very goal light in this squad and it may still be the undoing of our chances to get out of the relegation fight, but at least it feels (at time of writing) like we are crawling in the right direction.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2023 15:16]

I mean, it doesn't matter but we weren't down and out when Ainsworth was appointed. We were 17th. We ended the season 20th. That mad game at Burnley is the one thing you can point to as being extraordinary, but otherwise the pattern just continued, if anything the bleeding increased.
There are no goals in this team on 18:35 - Nov 29 with 2419 viewskensalriser

There are no goals in this team on 15:05 - Nov 29 by LazyFan

We only scored 3 from what I can tell and 2 of those were against 10 men.

But yes, the playing style is massively improved and we are a different team. What we have learned is we can play, we need to be more organised to do that for all of the 100 mins per game and that we can beat 10 men if we need to come from behind.

I would like to see that against 11 men and hopefully that is coming soon now.

And also, I'd like to see those four goals scored by strikers in open play from inside the box after a sequence of at least four passes starting from inside our own half.

Otherwise they're not proper goals.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

There are no goals in this team on 18:42 - Nov 29 with 2377 viewsstainrods_elbow

Ainsworth basically kept us up with the jammiest of jammy wins at Burnley, but during his desolate tenure we declined and lost ground on where we were when Critchley got the tin tack. By contrast, Marti clearly knows what he's doing, has got us playing a game it looks like the players believe in, but they and he still have plenty to prove and achieve. Last night's outcome was a blessed catharsis, though it needed some help from the ref, a red card, and I don't think we'd have had managed it against 11. We deserved it for our real go in the last 10 or 15 minutes when they tired and eventually gave it up, but for me it's 50-50 whether we have the quality or perspicacity to drag ourselves out of it. At the same time, there was some real guts on show last night, for all our technical flaws, that bodes well(ish), so the fire is smouldering at least. Preston will tell us more.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2023 18:44]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

There are no goals in this team on 18:52 - Nov 29 with 2339 viewsenfieldargh

Was amazed the ref didnt blow for a foul by Larceche(?) when he fairly tassled for the ball prior to our 3rd.

Most refs would have blown/defender collapse to the floor

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

There are no goals in this team on 18:55 - Nov 29 with 2330 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

There are no goals in this team on 18:42 - Nov 29 by stainrods_elbow

Ainsworth basically kept us up with the jammiest of jammy wins at Burnley, but during his desolate tenure we declined and lost ground on where we were when Critchley got the tin tack. By contrast, Marti clearly knows what he's doing, has got us playing a game it looks like the players believe in, but they and he still have plenty to prove and achieve. Last night's outcome was a blessed catharsis, though it needed some help from the ref, a red card, and I don't think we'd have had managed it against 11. We deserved it for our real go in the last 10 or 15 minutes when they tired and eventually gave it up, but for me it's 50-50 whether we have the quality or perspicacity to drag ourselves out of it. At the same time, there was some real guts on show last night, for all our technical flaws, that bodes well(ish), so the fire is smouldering at least. Preston will tell us more.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2023 18:44]

What’s the rational motivation for saying this for the 863rd time? No one disagrees.
There are no goals in this team on 19:06 - Nov 29 with 2293 viewsNorthantsHoop

There are no goals in this team on 18:52 - Nov 29 by enfieldargh

Was amazed the ref didnt blow for a foul by Larceche(?) when he fairly tassled for the ball prior to our 3rd.

Most refs would have blown/defender collapse to the floor

Thought the ref had a good game and on balance did keep the game flowing
funny that he was in charge for our last home win against Watford.
There are no goals in this team on 15:19 - Dec 17 with 1638 viewsstainrods_elbow

There are no goals in this team on 18:55 - Nov 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

What’s the rational motivation for saying this for the 863rd time? No one disagrees.

bosh67 was claiming the opposite, so clearly at least one person disagrees, and I don't think he's alone. Maybe lighten up and read a bit more carefully?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024