Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terry Venables: A Man Can Dream 19:05 - Dec 2 with 3555 viewsEsox_Lucius

Having just watched it I can only deduce it was written, produced and directed by Chelsea, Fulham and Bus stop fans. If I didn't know different I would guess he never played for us and only spent a few months as manager before Barca lured him away.

The grass is always greener.

Terry Venables: A Man Can Dream on 19:08 - Dec 2 with 3510 viewsqpr_1968

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Terry Venables: A Man Can Dream on 19:41 - Dec 2 with 3398 viewsflynnbo

Yep, I remember posting virtually the same thing a couple of years ago.
Terry Venables: A Man Can Dream on 22:48 - Dec 2 with 3176 viewsdaveB

the stuff about him at the Euros was superb though
Terry Venables: A Man Can Dream on 12:00 - Dec 3 with 2969 viewsSuperhoops2808

I did enjoy the Euro journey but I was taken aback by how little there was about us.

I think it was that Brentford announcer who produced the programme, airbrushed us out of history
Terry Venables: A Man Can Dream on 12:14 - Dec 3 with 2933 viewsGaryBannister86

Even Venables himself couldn't understand why QPR were so often missing from his narrative. He said something like, "how do they think I got the job at Barcelona? Just sent them an empty CV?"
Terry Venables: A Man Can Dream on 13:14 - Dec 3 with 2849 viewsQPRSteve

ITV just failed to mention his times with us on their so-called tribute.
Terry Venables: A Man Can Dream on 13:23 - Dec 3 with 2813 viewsNed_Kennedys

Terry Venables: A Man Can Dream on 12:00 - Dec 3 by Superhoops2808

I did enjoy the Euro journey but I was taken aback by how little there was about us.

I think it was that Brentford announcer who produced the programme, airbrushed us out of history

P1ss poor that we were hardly mentioned in a 2 hour programme, especially as they covered his time at Crystal Palace well including interviews with a number of their former players.
Terry Venables: A Man Can Dream on 16:57 - Dec 3 with 2660 viewsManinBlack

Terry Venables: A Man Can Dream on 13:23 - Dec 3 by Ned_Kennedys

P1ss poor that we were hardly mentioned in a 2 hour programme, especially as they covered his time at Crystal Palace well including interviews with a number of their former players.

Probably because Palace were the team of the 80's. Sky even devoted a whole programme about them. We had no tag at all even though we proved to be better than them in the 80's. I think if it was produced by the BBC in the old studios next to our ground, and with many R's fans there, we would warrant a greater mention.

I do think the makers of this programme ignored us because we were second division and then they think the plastic pitch got us to fifth in the first division. As Palace are currently in the Premiership the focus was more on them than us languishing in the championship when it comes to discussing Venables.
Login to get fewer ads

Terry Venables: A Man Can Dream on 17:25 - Dec 3 with 2623 viewsNov77

Terry Venables: A Man Can Dream on 16:57 - Dec 3 by ManinBlack

Probably because Palace were the team of the 80's. Sky even devoted a whole programme about them. We had no tag at all even though we proved to be better than them in the 80's. I think if it was produced by the BBC in the old studios next to our ground, and with many R's fans there, we would warrant a greater mention.

I do think the makers of this programme ignored us because we were second division and then they think the plastic pitch got us to fifth in the first division. As Palace are currently in the Premiership the focus was more on them than us languishing in the championship when it comes to discussing Venables.

we weren't mentioned because of where we are now, not because of where we were then. If we were still premier league we would have got more of a mention, but frankly, they don't want to link him to a club that has been a failure for the last 25 years, (barring our brief little foray 12 years ago).
crazy, when you think he spent nearly ten years of his career with us.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Terry Venables: A Man Can Dream on 19:41 - Dec 3 with 2442 viewsCateLeBonR

Maybe someone should write a biography of his pre Barcelona life.
Terry Venables: A Man Can Dream on 20:22 - Dec 3 with 2351 viewsManinBlack

Terry Venables: A Man Can Dream on 17:25 - Dec 3 by Nov77

we weren't mentioned because of where we are now, not because of where we were then. If we were still premier league we would have got more of a mention, but frankly, they don't want to link him to a club that has been a failure for the last 25 years, (barring our brief little foray 12 years ago).
crazy, when you think he spent nearly ten years of his career with us.

I think that was what I said at the end of my comments repeared below:

As Palace are currently in the Premiership the focus was more on them than us languishing in the championship when it comes to discussing Venables.

To my mind that sentence is referring to now...
Terry Venables: A Man Can Dream on 17:32 - Dec 4 with 2161 viewsrichranger

Watch this interview with John Gregory about Venables.

Great stories of a great man. Got lots of time for Gregory too

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2023/december/04/gregory-tribute-to-venables/
Terry Venables: A Man Can Dream on 18:34 - Dec 4 with 2110 viewsHAYESBOY

Just in case not viewable on above link.

Great piece.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Terry Venables: A Man Can Dream on 19:27 - Dec 4 with 2033 viewsQPRSteve

Terry Venables: A Man Can Dream on 18:34 - Dec 4 by HAYESBOY

Just in case not viewable on above link.

Great piece.

Thanks, I thoroughly enjoyed that.
Terry Venables: A Man Can Dream on 20:15 - Dec 4 with 1991 viewshertshoops

Terry Venables: A Man Can Dream on 17:32 - Dec 4 by richranger

Watch this interview with John Gregory about Venables.

Great stories of a great man. Got lots of time for Gregory too

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2023/december/04/gregory-tribute-to-venables/

Cheers for the link, just sat and watched it through

We were really so lucky to have watched TV manage/coach our team back in the 80's, not properly realising how ahead of his time he was, until after he'd gone
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024