Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No subject 20:27 - Dec 5 with 2124 viewsdezzar

RIP Denny Laine , Moody Blues , Wings . Go Now was a belter ❤️
No subject on 20:31 - Dec 5 with 2100 viewsflynnbo

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-67630264
No subject on 20:52 - Dec 5 with 2041 viewscolinallcars

RIP. Tuesday Afternoon was my favourite.
I seem to remember the Moodies using an instrument that was a precurser to the dreaded synthesisor. Can't remember for the life of me what is was called. Help please musos ?
No subject on 21:02 - Dec 5 with 2006 viewsdezzar

No subject on 20:52 - Dec 5 by colinallcars

RIP. Tuesday Afternoon was my favourite.
I seem to remember the Moodies using an instrument that was a precurser to the dreaded synthesisor. Can't remember for the life of me what is was called. Help please musos ?

Meletron ?
No subject on 21:13 - Dec 5 with 1983 viewscolinallcars

No subject on 21:02 - Dec 5 by dezzar

Meletron ?

Well done mate!
No subject on 21:58 - Dec 5 with 1910 viewsBoston

No subject on 21:02 - Dec 5 by dezzar

Meletron ?

Now they just use mogadon.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

No subject on 00:17 - Dec 6 with 1803 viewsdezzar

No subject on 21:58 - Dec 5 by Boston

Now they just use mogadon.

No subject on 00:39 - Dec 6 with 1788 viewsjohncharles

RIP Denny, thanks for the songs

Strong and stable my arse.

No subject on 07:59 - Dec 6 with 1717 viewsDiscodroids

Upsetting news.. I was only watching the Wings 'My love' video yesterday. Watched it again this morning along with ' Silly love songs' and got a bit choked up. Just seemed a more innocent time.. I don't know..

RIp Denny. God Bless you mate.

(I seem to recall a mellotron being used on Gerry raffertys solo LP 'Can i have my money back' , outside of that , possibly only on Krautrock records).
[Post edited 6 Dec 2023 8:18]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Login to get fewer ads

No subject on 08:58 - Dec 6 with 1676 viewsdezzar

The Beatles used one on Strawberry Fields Forever , they are still manufacturing Mellotrons apparently.
No subject on 10:44 - Dec 6 with 1612 viewsCamberleyR

No subject on 08:58 - Dec 6 by dezzar

The Beatles used one on Strawberry Fields Forever , they are still manufacturing Mellotrons apparently.

Mellotrons were popular with the keyboard players of the big prog bands of the late 60s/early 70s.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

No subject on 11:18 - Dec 6 with 1588 viewsPlanetHonneywood

No subject on 07:59 - Dec 6 by Discodroids

Upsetting news.. I was only watching the Wings 'My love' video yesterday. Watched it again this morning along with ' Silly love songs' and got a bit choked up. Just seemed a more innocent time.. I don't know..

RIp Denny. God Bless you mate.

(I seem to recall a mellotron being used on Gerry raffertys solo LP 'Can i have my money back' , outside of that , possibly only on Krautrock records).
[Post edited 6 Dec 2023 8:18]

Indeed they were innocent times or they certainly seemed to be!

Yesterday I read a series of posts on here analysing inverted full backs. It made me hark back to the days we rocked up over the park, threw some jumpers down and got on with it until after ignoring your mum twice, your knew you had to get stuff done before your dad appeared and called time. No offside, no VAR, one-twos off the roundabout hailed as visionary, and losing track of the score several hours in.

Now, I'm sat here after chatting with Mrs PH about when China will invade Taiwan; the inevitable return of Trumpet; I'm doing some work on Ukraine currently, and we've forgotten about the country and the horrors there, because the plethora of news channels (well, all except the dappy NHK World) are off to bring more horror to our living rooms from a part of the world ironically called: the 'Holy Land'!

Utter clusterfook...then again, you look back to the 70s, the Cold War; 'nam; Khmer Rouge; Northern Ireland; Operation Condor...always been there, just that we see it more now.

Oh, and RIP Denny.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

No subject on 12:27 - Dec 6 with 1559 viewsbosh67

Very sad. I was fortunate enough to have lunch with him and Steve Hollie in Chicago before the pandemic. Nice guy. RIP great musician.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

No subject on 13:24 - Dec 6 with 1507 viewsPlanetHonneywood

No subject on 12:27 - Dec 6 by bosh67

Very sad. I was fortunate enough to have lunch with him and Steve Hollie in Chicago before the pandemic. Nice guy. RIP great musician.

Now you see, this is a post which could be expanded upon.

If nothing else: did he have a cheese preference?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!

No subject on 14:25 - Dec 6 with 1470 viewsbosh67

No subject on 13:24 - Dec 6 by PlanetHonneywood

Now you see, this is a post which could be expanded upon.

If nothing else: did he have a cheese preference?

I can't state his preference for cheese sadly.

But I can tell you that about half way through the lunch an attractive blonde lady approached the table, handed me a piece of paper with her number on it and said in full earshot of Denny and Steve, 'sorry to interrupt but are you coming to the New Jersey event next year?' - 'I think so,' I replied, to which she said, 'great, well don't worry about having somewhere to stay because you can share my bed'. Then kissed me on the cheek and walked off. To which Steve said, 'what just happened?' and Denny then said, 'Blimey, you've suddenly become much cooler than I thought you were!'

It was a nice memory. I did call the attractive blonde before the New Jersey event. She couldn't attend. I ended up sharing a room with a guy who was working at the event. He snored like a fog horn and I ended up sleeping in the bath to escape the noise. Never told Denny that bit though! :)
[Post edited 6 Dec 2023 14:26]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

No subject on 16:26 - Dec 6 with 1403 viewsPlanetHonneywood

No subject on 14:25 - Dec 6 by bosh67

I can't state his preference for cheese sadly.

But I can tell you that about half way through the lunch an attractive blonde lady approached the table, handed me a piece of paper with her number on it and said in full earshot of Denny and Steve, 'sorry to interrupt but are you coming to the New Jersey event next year?' - 'I think so,' I replied, to which she said, 'great, well don't worry about having somewhere to stay because you can share my bed'. Then kissed me on the cheek and walked off. To which Steve said, 'what just happened?' and Denny then said, 'Blimey, you've suddenly become much cooler than I thought you were!'

It was a nice memory. I did call the attractive blonde before the New Jersey event. She couldn't attend. I ended up sharing a room with a guy who was working at the event. He snored like a fog horn and I ended up sleeping in the bath to escape the noise. Never told Denny that bit though! :)
[Post edited 6 Dec 2023 14:26]

Edit out reference to sharing a room with Kermit, and that story's good to go.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024