Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anatomy of a fall – Report 09:29 - Dec 18 with 9292 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/61502
Anatomy of a fall – Report on 09:48 - Dec 19 with 1250 viewsqprninja

Anatomy of a fall – Report on 09:52 - Dec 18 by Paddyhoops

Went to see Stewart Lee in London with the missus and just before sitting down to a pre gig meal seen that we had gone one up. Happy days I thought and cut all media ties until the meal had finished. Looked at my phone to see we had lost 2.1. Wasn’t in the mood for the gig after that .
QPR f**king up weekends since 1882.

Yeah, I was sat down for a meal with my wife, saw it go 1-1, I assured her I wouldn't it let it ruin the evening. Then we went 2-1 down, it did then subsequently ruin the evening.
Anatomy of a fall – Report on 09:53 - Dec 19 with 1223 viewsTheChef

Anatomy of a fall – Report on 17:46 - Dec 18 by Rangersw12

I think the last 2 years has given the fans PTSD and every defeat is greeted like its the end of the world and we over analyse everything

For what it's worth I think we controlled the game and had enough chances to win it . If the Field chance goes in we would be having threads asking if Cifuentes is our best manager since Venables

As Warburton would say it's fine margins

I think we would have taken 4 points from the last 3 so all in all still a decent couple of weeks and i fancy us to get 4 points from the next 2 aswell

Not the end of the world - but as Norf pointed out we always seem to lose in the same manner.

Hopefully Cif can fix it...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Anatomy of a fall – Report on 10:02 - Dec 19 with 1202 viewsthehat

Thanks Clive - I was watching non league keeping track on my phone. At 4.45pm I checked still 0 v 1. I was happy so went into the bar expecting a celebratory pint and us up to 19th.

Ouch!!!!!

Still hurts Tuesday morning and only just been able to watch the goals.
Anatomy of a fall – Report on 10:16 - Dec 19 with 1168 viewsParkRoyalR

Anatomy of a fall – Report on 09:17 - Dec 19 by Northernr

This is why I like Dixon-Bonner in this system. Because of his background he's very comfortable and keen to take the ball in tight spaces, on the turn, and get it moving forwards. Dozzell does to a certain extent but doesn't get involved enough and hides. Field can't/won't do it.

Agree, EDB would be in my Midfield 3 ahead of Dozzell but I'm also keen to see Larkeche in the Starting XI.

We know Larkeche has good technique and pace but also he has energy, courage, both to show for the ball and commit himself to challenges (as we saw against Plymouth) but most importantly in this team, Larkeche seems to have game intelligence.

How many of our players would have both the tenacity to win back possession for the winning goal versus Stoke but most crucially, not commit the obvious foul?

For me Larkeche could fit in a 4-2-3-1 wide left in the 3 with Chair in the middle, but he could also fit on the left in a 3 man Midfield - with EDB on the right -

With Field a must-starter for me, this leaves Field in the middle in a defensive role almost as an extra Centre Back allowing the Full-backs to push up.

This gives up playing the ball out through the middle (which we don't do with Dozzell anyway) but gives us options on both sides of the pitch to transition from defence to attack and more importantly gives us pace and athleticism which we lack if Dozzell and Colback play.
Anatomy of a fall – Report on 10:55 - Dec 19 with 1108 viewsBklynRanger

Just watched the highlights while recovering from a nasty bout of food poisoning - self inflected food poisoning - bit of a parallel.

Quite a hilarious diving header from their defender for our first at least - would've liked a Simpsons commentary over that.

Most of the rest is covered in the report - of course. Chair probably a bit knackered by the end trying to inject the only ounces of creativity into that team - somehow manages to let Bannan onto his left. Dunne chasing around out of position for the first, too slow to react (among others) for the second. Painful stuff.

I also find the Marti headline on the offish to be a bit disturbing - "We will learn from this' - how many times has that been used in the first few weeks of X number of managers? It does look like we'll need to try somehow to sell to get players in more suited to the system. That old merry-go-round.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2023 10:56]
Anatomy of a fall – Report on 11:07 - Dec 19 with 1095 viewsTheChef

Anatomy of a fall – Report on 10:55 - Dec 19 by BklynRanger

Just watched the highlights while recovering from a nasty bout of food poisoning - self inflected food poisoning - bit of a parallel.

Quite a hilarious diving header from their defender for our first at least - would've liked a Simpsons commentary over that.

Most of the rest is covered in the report - of course. Chair probably a bit knackered by the end trying to inject the only ounces of creativity into that team - somehow manages to let Bannan onto his left. Dunne chasing around out of position for the first, too slow to react (among others) for the second. Painful stuff.

I also find the Marti headline on the offish to be a bit disturbing - "We will learn from this' - how many times has that been used in the first few weeks of X number of managers? It does look like we'll need to try somehow to sell to get players in more suited to the system. That old merry-go-round.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2023 10:56]

"He will learn from this" - maybe.

This bunch of players don't seem to learn, unfortunately.

Anatomy of a fall – Report on 11:35 - Dec 19 with 1053 viewsjoe90

To add to the general discussion about formation/style of play - The first Argyle goal is a perfect example of how we should be progressing up the field and creating chances - a simple series of diagonal passes (escadinhas) up the field.

Granted, for some bizarre reason the Stoke players seem to be having a break from play (and in most comparable situations we won't have that much time/space on the ball) but it's good example none the less of how we should be aiming to progress the ball.

Ps: I really should be working, but it's Christmas, who cares? I'm also contemplating buying the retro Dennis the Menace Classic FM shirt.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2023 13:21]
Anatomy of a fall – Report on 12:24 - Dec 19 with 990 viewsTheChef

Anatomy of a fall – Report on 11:35 - Dec 19 by joe90

To add to the general discussion about formation/style of play - The first Argyle goal is a perfect example of how we should be progressing up the field and creating chances - a simple series of diagonal passes (escadinhas) up the field.

Granted, for some bizarre reason the Stoke players seem to be having a break from play (and in most comparable situations we won't have that much time/space on the ball) but it's good example none the less of how we should be aiming to progress the ball.

Ps: I really should be working, but it's Christmas, who cares? I'm also contemplating buying the retro Dennis the Menace Classic FM shirt.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2023 13:21]

Diagonal passes now have a fancy name as well??

Login to get fewer ads

Anatomy of a fall – Report on 12:39 - Dec 19 with 964 viewsNorthernr

Anatomy of a fall – Report on 12:24 - Dec 19 by TheChef

Diagonal passes now have a fancy name as well??

Does make me giggle this trend for grabbing onto a foreign word you've heard somewhere else and crowbarring it into a Championship scenario or player.
(Not you Joe, just in general, find it hilarious)
Anatomy of a fall – Report on 12:59 - Dec 19 with 901 viewsMick_S

Anatomy of a fall – Report on 12:39 - Dec 19 by Northernr

Does make me giggle this trend for grabbing onto a foreign word you've heard somewhere else and crowbarring it into a Championship scenario or player.
(Not you Joe, just in general, find it hilarious)

Made me hungry, that did.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Anatomy of a fall – Report on 13:34 - Dec 19 with 869 viewsNoelmc

Thanks Clive. Great report. Ignore the fat fingered down vote & I’ve been able to add an upvote too.

I think the Cook substitution had a lot to do with the defeat as it unsettled the defence.
1. We sank far too deep. Three Wednesday players were unmarked for the first goal.
2. Dunne went chasing a ball I’m sure he would not have done as part of a central two.
3. Cook was beaten too easily at the back post for the header leading to the second.

I also dislike that he often blames other players when it’s his failing that’s caused a problem. He has some good attributes but I expect more from a leader in the team.
Anatomy of a fall – Report on 14:15 - Dec 19 with 804 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Anatomy of a fall – Report on 13:34 - Dec 19 by Noelmc

Thanks Clive. Great report. Ignore the fat fingered down vote & I’ve been able to add an upvote too.

I think the Cook substitution had a lot to do with the defeat as it unsettled the defence.
1. We sank far too deep. Three Wednesday players were unmarked for the first goal.
2. Dunne went chasing a ball I’m sure he would not have done as part of a central two.
3. Cook was beaten too easily at the back post for the header leading to the second.

I also dislike that he often blames other players when it’s his failing that’s caused a problem. He has some good attributes but I expect more from a leader in the team.

Agree with all of that.

Some very good chats on here over the last few days about tactics etc. It's been enjoyable to read and to consider.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Anatomy of a fall – Report on 15:20 - Dec 19 with 730 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Anatomy of a fall – Report on 11:07 - Dec 19 by TheChef

"He will learn from this" - maybe.

This bunch of players don't seem to learn, unfortunately.

The second question he was asked about the dressing room was interesting .He is obviously not a hair dryer kicking type of guy but I would suspect he threw a few fcuks into them in spanish because they deserved it .
Bad enough to give up the equalizer but letting them win it was pathetic to be fair .
Marti seems confident we will recover from this dagger blow lets hope so
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024