Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How would you rate our squad? 07:49 - Dec 24 with 3473 viewsGloucs_R

What level would you say each individual in our squad is at?

1 Asmir Begovic (G)
13 Jordan Archer (G)

2 Osman Kakay (D)
3 Jimmy Dunne (D)
5 Steve Cook (D)
6 Jake Clarke-Salter (D)
15 Morgan Fox (D)
20 Reggie Cannon (D)
21Ziyad Larkeche (D)
22Kenneth Paal (D) 29Aaron Drewe (D)

4 Jack Colback (M)
8Sam Field (M)
17Andre Dozzell (M)
18Taylor Richards (M)
19Elijah Dixon-Bonner (M)
24Stephen Duke-McKenna (M)
34 Rafferty Pedder (M)
37 Albert Adomah (M)
48 Alexander Aoraha (M)

7 Chris Willock (F)
9 Lyndon Dykes (F)
10 Ilias Chair (F)
11 Paul Smyth (F)
30 Sinclair Armstrong (F)
38 Rayan Kolli (F)
23 Charlie Kelman (M)
[Post edited 24 Dec 2023 7:51]

Poll: Are we staying up?

How would you rate our squad? on 11:07 - Dec 24 with 2826 viewsNorthernr

Poor.
How would you rate our squad? on 11:17 - Dec 24 with 2787 viewscharmr

After attending the last 2 home games I was as somewhat shocked at the failures for championship players to play under pressure and how slow thinking on and off the ball rangers were.

Poor is right and am asking myself who put this lot together and brought them here.
How would you rate our squad? on 11:25 - Dec 24 with 2765 viewsSK_hoops

I'd say around 12 of them aren't good enough for league one and that's being lenient.
How would you rate our squad? on 11:38 - Dec 24 with 2718 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Looking at that squad objectively and disregarding recent years, there is a lot of ability and pedigree in there.

A lot of players brought through at big clubs, Premiership experience, and proven individual performances.

Fcked if I know why we’re third bottom. Some stinky attitudes I’m sure.
How would you rate our squad? on 11:43 - Dec 24 with 2695 viewsozexile

I think you can judge our squad on how many we could sell. 3 maybe?
How would you rate our squad? on 11:47 - Dec 24 with 2683 viewsDeanoMD

Pretty shite to be honest.

Its all about performance and very few of them deliver to the standard required week in week out.

Probably only Chair that does.
How would you rate our squad? on 12:01 - Dec 24 with 2648 viewsGloucs_R

Another way of looking at it is to ask how many of these players would get into a top half championship team?

Chair
Paal?
Field?

How would you rate our squad? on 12:37 - Dec 24 with 2566 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

How would you rate our squad? on 12:01 - Dec 24 by Gloucs_R

Another way of looking at it is to ask how many of these players would get into a top half championship team?

Chair
Paal?
Field?

Dykes and historically Willock.

Only going by what other fans of these top half clubs have said.
Login to get fewer ads

How would you rate our squad? on 13:34 - Dec 24 with 2483 viewsted_hendrix

I would rate our squad as being the 22nd worst in this league.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

How would you rate our squad? on 14:09 - Dec 24 with 2444 viewslassel

Chair
Paal?
Field?

Cannon would have plenty of suitors, he’s half fit and still spends half his time looking shellshocked at what the idiots next to him are getting up to.
How would you rate our squad? on 14:47 - Dec 24 with 2377 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Given the state of things off the pitch, meaning we can't buy our way out of trouble by signing decent players, the important questions to be asked: are our player recruitment and development people up to snuff?

Unless some magic falls our way, we've got another two seasons minimum of 'hoping to hang on', and if they can't identify and polish up a few gems, we're going to be staring down the barrel of some poohey times as a result.

As for the squad: some very weak players in our ranks, as evidenced by how dreadfully poor our bench looked yesterday. That said, I think MC is a good manager and feel sorry he hasn't enough decent players at his disposal.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

How would you rate our squad? on 14:53 - Dec 24 with 2355 viewsWegerles_Stairs

How would you rate our squad? on 14:47 - Dec 24 by PlanetHonneywood

Given the state of things off the pitch, meaning we can't buy our way out of trouble by signing decent players, the important questions to be asked: are our player recruitment and development people up to snuff?

Unless some magic falls our way, we've got another two seasons minimum of 'hoping to hang on', and if they can't identify and polish up a few gems, we're going to be staring down the barrel of some poohey times as a result.

As for the squad: some very weak players in our ranks, as evidenced by how dreadfully poor our bench looked yesterday. That said, I think MC is a good manager and feel sorry he hasn't enough decent players at his disposal.

Charlie Austin left in 2016 and he's never been replaced. They even had to loan him back to keep us up. Nahki was great but as soon as he scored goals, he was going to leave as he wasn't ours. When we had money from the Eze deal, we bought the Jaffa Cake King. We went into this season with Dykes, backed up by Armstrong and Kelman, who have one QPR goal between them.
How would you rate our squad? on 15:03 - Dec 24 with 2330 viewsWegerles_Stairs

How would you rate our squad? on 14:47 - Dec 24 by PlanetHonneywood

Also, the signings we made over the summer aren't looking great. Colback spends most of his time injured or suspended, Fox ditto, and looks like Cook is becoming a sick note too. Signing Forest's sloppy seconds on bloated contracts hardly attests to first-class recruitment.
How would you rate our squad? on 15:07 - Dec 24 with 2318 viewsStanisgod

How would you rate our squad? on 14:53 - Dec 24 by Wegerles_Stairs

Charlie Austin left in 2016 and he's never been replaced. They even had to loan him back to keep us up. Nahki was great but as soon as he scored goals, he was going to leave as he wasn't ours. When we had money from the Eze deal, we bought the Jaffa Cake King. We went into this season with Dykes, backed up by Armstrong and Kelman, who have one QPR goal between them.

Correct. I still can't believe that Gaz was allowed to rack and stack defenders and midfielders when we were plainly short of a goalscorer from last season. We all knew we would struggle to score goals with that forward line.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

How would you rate our squad? on 17:37 - Dec 24 with 2207 viewsManinBlack

Dross. Leftovers from other clubs. Bargain basement drivel. Scraping the barrel. Mentally weak losers. I can think of many more terms to describe these embarrassments to the shirt but I can't be bothered...rather like them!
How would you rate our squad? on 07:52 - Dec 26 with 1915 viewsDamo1962

How would you rate our squad? on 11:07 - Dec 24 by Northernr

Poor.

Succinct...and correct. Merry Xmas Clive🎄
How would you rate our squad? on 07:54 - Dec 26 with 1910 viewsDamo1962

Chair
Paal?
Field?

Chair deffo...the other two are lucky to be playing at this level.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2023 7:57]
How would you rate our squad? on 08:41 - Dec 26 with 1849 viewsCateLeBonR

For me the game against Southampton showed us a lot. I don't actually think this squad can play a lot better than they did on Saturday. Against a good quality in form championship side it wasn't quite enough for a draw but might have been on another day. Don't think we're ever winning that game. If we can repeat that against lesser teams then we might be ok. We needed a breakout season from one of our younger players or a few inspired signings to raise our level but it hasn't happened. As it stands we continue to struggle in front of goal whilst conceding soft goals. Not a good combination.
How would you rate our squad? on 08:54 - Dec 26 with 1821 viewsDorse

Squad: not exactly un-crap.

Individual Players: depends on the day.

What I mean by that is that every single one of them has, at some point this season, shown flashes of individual nous, ability or even brilliance. It's just they cannot seem to do it with any consistency whatsoever. Take Colback, for example: early doors, he looked outstanding but then devolved before our eyes into some shit gargling fartskin, pathologically unable to play the game without trying to prove he has fewer braincells than nostrils. He can be a game-changer: depends on the day.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

How would you rate our squad? on 09:18 - Dec 26 with 1798 viewsEsox_Lucius

The finest football team the world has ever seen... is the only answer.

The grass is always greener.

How would you rate our squad? on 09:54 - Dec 26 with 1736 viewsJPC

When we have our strongest 11 available, I feel we have a team which can compete with most teams in the division - with the real exception of our strikers. There’s never a feeling that they back themselves to score and unless we find goals from somewhere, I think the next few months are going to see us struggle to get out of the relegation places
How would you rate our squad? on 10:38 - Dec 26 with 1688 viewsQPROslo

Thin. Especially in midfield where there are really only 4 first team players in Field, Dozzell, EDB and Colback and the latter isn't available much. Including Chair and Willock in attack makes us look stronger there than midfield but still all too often we don't look even like scoring.
How would you rate our squad? on 16:04 - Dec 26 with 1556 viewsGloucs_R

I don't even think many of our players would get a place in a league one team....

How would you rate our squad? on 16:07 - Dec 26 with 1546 viewsNorthernr

How would you rate our squad? on 11:07 - Dec 24 by Northernr

Poor.

Really poor.
How would you rate our squad? on 16:18 - Dec 26 with 1522 viewsDamo1962

How would you rate our squad? on 16:04 - Dec 26 by Gloucs_R

I don't even think many of our players would get a place in a league one team....

Then we had better make sure they are all gone by the start of next season in L1.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024