Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The dilemma 22:00 - Dec 26 with 2342 viewsQPRConor2000

The question I'm asking myself is do we spend the whole of the January budget on a striker who probably give us a fighting chance of avoiding the drop, or do we somehow offload some fringe players to allow for a mini-rebuild of some kind.

Its a big decision to make.
The dilemma on 22:22 - Dec 26 with 2209 viewscolinallcars

Maxi rebuild surely….
The dilemma on 22:27 - Dec 26 with 2192 viewsozexile

Gonna have to move hell and high water to get a striker somehow. Oh and stop playing Dozzell away from home in a 2 man centre mid.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2023 1:31]
The dilemma on 22:42 - Dec 26 with 2123 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Spending big and staying up will be more damaging than cutting our cloth right and relegation.

Leeds, Southampton, Luton, Norwich, Burnley, all recent examples of that.

Revive the plan that gave us Eze, Chair, and Dieng (amongst others).
The dilemma on 23:54 - Dec 26 with 1985 viewsstainrods_elbow

It's not an either-or, it's a both-and.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

The dilemma on 00:04 - Dec 27 with 1965 viewsLowerloftLad

Save the cash.

We are about to give everyone else a free round with the defeat to Ipswich.

But we shouldn't panic as it's only game 25 and we can catch everyone by game 29 after we win four on the trot and everyone else fails to pick a point up.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2023 0:06]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

The dilemma on 01:28 - Dec 27 with 1866 viewsBklynRanger

As problematic as the squad is I'd rather we focus on the forwards situation unless a sale makes other things possible. As things stand the options read far too much like a postmortem of the season.
The dilemma on 05:33 - Dec 27 with 1738 viewsThe_Beast1976

The dilemma on 22:42 - Dec 26 by BazzaInTheLoft

Spending big and staying up will be more damaging than cutting our cloth right and relegation.

Leeds, Southampton, Luton, Norwich, Burnley, all recent examples of that.

Revive the plan that gave us Eze, Chair, and Dieng (amongst others).

Agree with this. If we cant stay up without spending big then we're better off going down, offloading this whole squad other than perhaps a couple of the younger members who made deserve a crack at League 1 employing an experienced DOF, and starting a squad rebuild from scratch in League 1 under MC
The dilemma on 07:24 - Dec 27 with 1649 viewsNorthantsHoop

Maybe a loan option if possible but feel this lot are well past their sell by date and have been stinking the place out for nearly 2 years now. The only hope of staying up is improving home form and a bit of luck but maybe that was end of last season with those 2 lucky away wins. I personally am not bothered if the whole lot go as they are just not good enough. Like Cifuentes and he could be the one to re-build the team but I am not sure even he will stay if the rot continues and we slip down to League 1. Look at Ipswich taken them 4 or 5 seasons to reset in League 1 and been through 2 ot 3 managers before it has come good with McKenna. The big question is are the current owners up for the challenge and you could argue possibly not.
Login to get fewer ads

The dilemma on 08:31 - Dec 27 with 1510 viewsToast_R

I'd be more concerned with selling to be honest. Willock leaving for free end of the season so his minor up turn in form may interest someone. Dykes might be another who generates interest. Chair our biggest sellable asset but I think if he goes we really are sealing League One next season unless we replace them with half a dozen absolute grafters.
The dilemma on 08:52 - Dec 27 with 1461 viewsStreathamRanger

We have plenty of space for loans which could be significant if other teams around the bottom of the table don't. There must be some young premier league talent who could come in and do a better job than a lot of what we currently have. With all those 'winnable' home games in January I'd hope we'd act fast rather than waiting until the end of the window. Whoever comes in will have to hit the ground running and be able to play 2 games a week. No more crocks.
The dilemma on 08:55 - Dec 27 with 1456 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The dilemma on 08:52 - Dec 27 by StreathamRanger

We have plenty of space for loans which could be significant if other teams around the bottom of the table don't. There must be some young premier league talent who could come in and do a better job than a lot of what we currently have. With all those 'winnable' home games in January I'd hope we'd act fast rather than waiting until the end of the window. Whoever comes in will have to hit the ground running and be able to play 2 games a week. No more crocks.

The problem with loans is that they are just as expensive as transfers most of the time. They aren’t free anymore.
The dilemma on 08:59 - Dec 27 with 1439 viewsStreathamRanger

The dilemma on 08:55 - Dec 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

The problem with loans is that they are just as expensive as transfers most of the time. They aren’t free anymore.

I don't know how much they cost but if there's young players with no chance of making the first team then I can't imagine it would cost that much to bring them in on a half season loan. Premier league clubs will want them to develop and they'll need to play competitive football to do that. Start signing players and we're potentially left with another load of rubbish on 3 year deals.
The dilemma on 09:06 - Dec 27 with 1415 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The dilemma on 08:59 - Dec 27 by StreathamRanger

I don't know how much they cost but if there's young players with no chance of making the first team then I can't imagine it would cost that much to bring them in on a half season loan. Premier league clubs will want them to develop and they'll need to play competitive football to do that. Start signing players and we're potentially left with another load of rubbish on 3 year deals.

It really does cost a lot of money a lot of the time sadly.

https://www.ft.com/content/9bd82b30-caf2-11e9-a1f4-3669401ba76f
[Post edited 27 Dec 2023 9:22]
The dilemma on 09:11 - Dec 27 with 1393 viewsStreathamRanger

The dilemma on 09:06 - Dec 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

It really does cost a lot of money a lot of the time sadly.

https://www.ft.com/content/9bd82b30-caf2-11e9-a1f4-3669401ba76f
[Post edited 27 Dec 2023 9:22]

Paywall so can't read the article but I'll take your word for it. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long to get an idea of what the clubs strategy will be.
The dilemma on 10:08 - Dec 27 with 1290 viewsSK_hoops

The dilemma on 08:52 - Dec 27 by StreathamRanger

As long as they're aren't like the loans we had last season.
The dilemma on 10:21 - Dec 27 with 1264 viewsWatford_Ranger

Appreciate it’s an infinitely higher level than he’d play here but Tim Vowels got 15 mins last night for Villa and looked like some sort of competition winner.

Just want players with some sort of mentality for the situation we’re in so young kids with half an eye on not getting injured before Marbella are a risk. What’s left of the farm shouldn’t be gambled on them.

Got to trust the manager to bring in players he believes can hit the ground running. Players who don’t see coming here as doing us a favour just as he didn’t.
The dilemma on 10:30 - Dec 27 with 1244 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The dilemma on 10:21 - Dec 27 by Watford_Ranger

Appreciate it’s an infinitely higher level than he’d play here but Tim Vowels got 15 mins last night for Villa and looked like some sort of competition winner.

Just want players with some sort of mentality for the situation we’re in so young kids with half an eye on not getting injured before Marbella are a risk. What’s left of the farm shouldn’t be gambled on them.

Got to trust the manager to bring in players he believes can hit the ground running. Players who don’t see coming here as doing us a favour just as he didn’t.

I for one, hope this happens just for the countdown jokes!
The dilemma on 11:22 - Dec 27 with 1163 viewsNushnool

What January budget?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024