Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? 17:27 - Jan 1 with 9329 viewsJules4367

Watched him all game-he tracks and stays on shoulders of the central defender rather than trying to lose him; he doesn’t run into space or move, wins 30% headers-
So please can someone look for the receipt and see if we can return him 🤬
Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 19:03 - Mar 3 with 1226 viewsLoyalitat

Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 18:12 - Mar 3 by Landshark

This is precisely it. We're not a team that creates a huge amount of chances. I feel like some of our fans expect a striker in our price range to pick up the ball in his own half, beat a couple of players and score.

I feel Dykes is perfectly acceptable for our team and the players around him.

They're out there, we just chose someone who after four years of being first-choice for virtually his entire time at the club, has barely improved.

The striker at Plymouth springs to mind immediately: Ryan Hardie. 12 league goals to date, none of them penalties, in his first season at this level. Coventry paid less for Viktor Gyokeres. The much derided Will Keane is on 12 this season after getting the same amount last term when with relegated Wigan. All better and I suspect none of them either earned (Gyokeres) or are earning what Dykes is currently being paid by QPR as a sporadic goal scorer..
[Post edited 3 Mar 22:03]
Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 23:27 - Mar 3 with 863 viewsSydneyRs

Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 18:33 - Mar 3 by Burnleyhoop

But it’s a superb pass across the box to Chair with no pressure on whatsoever. My 5 year old grandson could have made that pass.

Nonsense, had to be perfectly weighted to beat the defenders and give Chair a chance of scoring. Also took the keeper completely out of it.
[Post edited 3 Mar 23:27]
Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 23:45 - Mar 3 with 827 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Fine run, nice composure, correct decision to square it, but he overhit the pass and Chair had to scramble to take it at the far post with his weak foot (left) and his far foot

All worked out fine, but the pass was poor and we've all been there, and been relived when our teammate bailed us out by "making a good pass of it".

Delighted for him. His assist changed the game completely.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 00:03 - Mar 4 with 792 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 23:45 - Mar 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Fine run, nice composure, correct decision to square it, but he overhit the pass and Chair had to scramble to take it at the far post with his weak foot (left) and his far foot

All worked out fine, but the pass was poor and we've all been there, and been relived when our teammate bailed us out by "making a good pass of it".

True

Chair did have to tuck it back in with his left, definitely not a perfect weighted ball but it did the job.

Dykes has negatives and pluses but he did feature in the goal, made the run n all, but he wouldnt of smashed it in like Sinclair did. All in all though we are fighting and that is beautiful.
Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 01:01 - Mar 4 with 732 viewsFredManRave

I should probably watch the play again but I remember thinking at the time and after watching the intial replay that if he hadn't "overhit it" the keeper would have got to it?!

Imagine the fall out from that scenario.

So, I see it as a perfectly timed pass from Dykes and that resulted in a difficult opportunity by Chair but one that, for all our sakes, he was, skillfully able to convert.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 08:55 - Mar 4 with 564 viewsdmm

Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 01:01 - Mar 4 by FredManRave

I should probably watch the play again but I remember thinking at the time and after watching the intial replay that if he hadn't "overhit it" the keeper would have got to it?!

So, I see it as a perfectly timed pass from Dykes and that resulted in a difficult opportunity by Chair but one that, for all our sakes, he was, skillfully able to convert.

You're spot on. The keeper was very close to cutting out Dykes' cross so if he hadn't hit it as hard as he did, the ball would not have reached Chair.
Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 09:16 - Mar 4 with 533 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 01:01 - Mar 4 by FredManRave

Totally agree. Any weaker and the goalie would have intercepted it.
Good initial bending run, great cross, finished nicely, 1-0. But hey, it's still not good enough.
Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 09:28 - Mar 4 with 498 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Looking at it again, I'm wrong and ye're right. He did have to ping it to get past the keeper.

Apologies.

Login to get fewer ads

Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 09:31 - Mar 4 with 489 viewsParkRoyalR

Disagree on that one Brian, if I'm crossing from that position I am expecting the player attacking the back-post to use his left foot,

Chair's left foot is actually very decent as we have seen in cameo's under Marti's coaching with some excellent left footed crosses when he goes outside his man,

If he does this more often we have another dimension to our attack and potentially more end product from Chair (to match Willocks, who has changed our season as he did last year) especially as we are now getting more than Dykes in the box, as has been seen with Willock and Smyth attacking the back post more frequently.

Reason for original post was that excellent early run, which Dykes does so often but without Willock in the team its rarely seen, would have gone without comment as too many are incorrectly wedded to the 'he's always on his heels' mantra, which if you actually watch him post Austin's signing and for Scotland is just not true.
Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 09:50 - Mar 4 with 459 viewsBrianMcCarthy

See my post above. The lads are right - he had to hit it hard in this instance.

Ideally, though, and I mean in a general sense, you pass to the near foot. The finish is harder if the finisher has to let it come across his body first.

Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 09:56 - Mar 4 with 424 viewsParkRoyalR

Dykes - WHAT and WHY?? on 09:50 - Mar 4 by BrianMcCarthy

See my post above. The lads are right - he had to hit it hard in this instance.

Ideally, though, and I mean in a general sense, you pass to the near foot. The finish is harder if the finisher has to let it come across his body first.

Fair play, posted crossed down the pipe!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024