Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sinclair Armstrong: a bright spot. 16:08 - Jan 14 with 11238 viewsPetros

Terrific today. Finally penny has dropped, he is not a bench player, or an impact sub, or a winger. He is, potentially, a great centre forward, and should have been playing there all season, as first choice. Far too much made of his rawness and lack of composure. He is improving visibly with every game, is beginning to keep control of his temper without losing intensity, manages to get three or four shots on goal in every game (cf Dykes). Patience is required (as those who watched Les Ferdinand's first games for us will recall). Having a player with this much pace and strength is a rare asset, we must not waste it.
Sinclair Armstrong: a bright spot. on 16:57 - Jan 14 with 7304 viewsLandshark

No good having a battering ram if he doesn't have the composure to finish. He had some great chances today and fluffed his lines. In fairness he has played a lot better in the last 2 games. Hopefully that continues.
Sinclair Armstrong: a bright spot. on 17:08 - Jan 14 with 7249 viewsbaz_qpr

Sinclair Armstrong: a bright spot. on 16:57 - Jan 14 by Landshark

No good having a battering ram if he doesn't have the composure to finish. He had some great chances today and fluffed his lines. In fairness he has played a lot better in the last 2 games. Hopefully that continues.

Having watched the highlights not sure those chances are clear cut as people are saying, the first straight after half time is a difficult angle, the 2 on 2 with Willock he gets a slow bouncing ball which is hard to control at pace.

I thought he was head and shoulders our MOTM today
Sinclair Armstrong: a bright spot. on 17:09 - Jan 14 with 7243 viewsPetros

I think his finishing will improve - but even if it doesn't, his running blasts holes in opposition defences, at the very least makes them play five yards further back, and the advantage of having a player who can turn clearances down the channels straight into goal-scoring opportunities is not to be sniffed at. (Again, remembering Bardsley-Les combo).
Sinclair Armstrong: a bright spot. on 17:22 - Jan 14 with 7174 viewsFDC

I've said it before but, if he does develop his finishing and becomes the real deal he has incredible cult icon potential.
Sinclair Armstrong: a bright spot. on 17:44 - Jan 14 with 7061 viewsBklynRanger

Didn't mean to down vote that. Thought he did well today. The chance towards the end of the first half was something he hadn't done, or done that well, so far. Seemed like a decent stop from the keeper.

I felt a handful of teams watching that would think it's worth dangling a couple of million in front of our desperate eyes, to see what they can develop.
Sinclair Armstrong: a bright spot. on 17:49 - Jan 14 with 7034 viewsLandshark

Sinclair Armstrong: a bright spot. on 17:44 - Jan 14 by BklynRanger

Didn't mean to down vote that. Thought he did well today. The chance towards the end of the first half was something he hadn't done, or done that well, so far. Seemed like a decent stop from the keeper.

I felt a handful of teams watching that would think it's worth dangling a couple of million in front of our desperate eyes, to see what they can develop.

I can't see that unfortunately, his contract is up in the summer apparently. I feel, if we did go down, that he would be a great striker for us in League One. Unfortunately if we do go down I think he would prefer to go out of contract and take his chances.
Sinclair Armstrong: a bright spot. on 17:50 - Jan 14 with 7015 viewslassel

Sinclair Armstrong: a bright spot. on 17:08 - Jan 14 by baz_qpr

Having watched the highlights not sure those chances are clear cut as people are saying, the first straight after half time is a difficult angle, the 2 on 2 with Willock he gets a slow bouncing ball which is hard to control at pace.

The worst was the header inside 5 minutes - perfectly put on his head and he misses the target because the guy can’t head a football….

Hit the target and it’s 1-0 as Hamer doesn’t move.
Sinclair Armstrong: a bright spot. on 17:51 - Jan 14 with 6994 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Thought he was fantastic. Okay, needs to finish better but made the first opportunity on his own. Non-stop effort and puts some of our 'culture warriors' to shame. Love how gutted he was at the end.

IF and it's a massive if, we're going to get out of this, he needs to start the next two matches.
Login to get fewer ads

Sinclair Armstrong: a bright spot. on 18:11 - Jan 14 with 6899 viewsBklynRanger

Sinclair Armstrong: a bright spot. on 17:49 - Jan 14 by Landshark

I can't see that unfortunately, his contract is up in the summer apparently. I feel, if we did go down, that he would be a great striker for us in League One. Unfortunately if we do go down I think he would prefer to go out of contract and take his chances.

Thought he'd had it extended? Apparently not.
Sinclair Armstrong: a bright spot. on 18:12 - Jan 14 with 6883 viewsCateLeBonR

Sinclair Armstrong: a bright spot. on 17:49 - Jan 14 by Landshark

Think we have an option to extend for another year?

Sinclair Armstrong: a bright spot. on 18:27 - Jan 14 with 6775 viewsWestonsuperR

Armstrong is a fantastic athlete with a great attitude but needs an enormous improvement with his first touch, composure and general striking ability. His scoring record is 2 goals in 49 appearances, how many strikers get this amount of match time for so little in return? Highly unlikely we will get offered any sort of transfer fee based goals and it gets even worse if you get analytical and look at his conversion rate vs XG as many clubs will.

I do agree he played much better today but still so many opportunities missed.

Overall Sinclair seems to be a player that everyone is desperate to see do well but the reality is he is unlikely to score goals regularly at anywhere near this level.
Sinclair Armstrong: a bright spot. on 18:38 - Jan 14 with 6696 viewsHastings_Hoops

Sinclair Armstrong: a bright spot. on 17:08 - Jan 14 by baz_qpr

And most chances (plus the dykes goal) were entirely created by him to be fair.
[Post edited 14 Jan 18:40]
Sinclair Armstrong: a bright spot. on 19:01 - Jan 14 with 6557 viewsstevec

Sinclair Armstrong: a bright spot. on 18:38 - Jan 14 by Hastings_Hoops

And most chances (plus the dykes goal) were entirely created by him to be fair.
[Post edited 14 Jan 18:40]

Good point.
Sinclair Armstrong: a bright spot. on 19:16 - Jan 14 with 6495 viewsRs_Holy

watched it on Sky today and I thought Jamie Mackie and Troy Deeney were really good with their analysis of the game. Jamie said we didn't look like a bottom 3 team today and the players were playing to a plan and believed in it.
One thing both of them said, and I think pretty much everyone agrees with, is that we are going to need goals from the players 'in and around' Sinclair... Didn't say as much but they were pretty much insinuating Sinclair won't score many between now and the end of the season, but Jamie loves his attitude.
[Post edited 14 Jan 19:17]
Sinclair Armstrong: a bright spot. on 19:24 - Jan 14 with 6454 viewsderbyhoop

He's getting better with every game. But with a better first touch and more calmness in front of goal we have a £10m player on our hands.
Let's hope we can keep him long enough to realise that figure.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Sinclair Armstrong: a bright spot. on 19:34 - Jan 14 with 6383 viewsgazza1

Difficult to 'knock' Sinclair but he has got to take his chances....he had 3 pretty easy opportunities today, the header in the first half already mentioned, the 2nd was just after half time when the keeper made a comfortable save (should have hit it on the ground) & the 3rd when he overrun the ball and the keeper got his hands on the ball. None too difficult and we win the match if he scores, or we do not loose.

A lot of the other stuff causes the opposition to worry about him for 90 minutes, his attitude, pace & strength are good. Technically he is pretty limited.
Sinclair Armstrong: a bright spot. on 19:43 - Jan 14 with 6320 viewsStJude82

No doubt whatsoever that he cost us three points today. Any one of Watford's players would've scored those 2 one on ones. Bloody amateurish.
Sinclair Armstrong: a bright spot. on 19:46 - Jan 14 with 6299 viewsmart_Goblin

It’s a tough one isn’t it.
He really should put at least one of those chances away . That’s what he’s there for ultimately.
But he gave there 2 CB’s a really horrible afternoon and was our man of the match by some way.

He was in tears at the end because he thinks it’s on him.

It’s not . He’s not a kid but in footballing terms he really is and to be pinning all our hopes on him is a scandal and hugely unfair. Him And Kolli shouldn’t be in this situation. They should have been out learning their trade properly . Mismanagement of young talent on a grand scale and that’s why I find it hard to criticise too much .
His attitude shows up some of the more senior players out there today .

They need to keep his chin up because whether I like it or not, we need him for Saturday
Sinclair Armstrong: a bright spot. on 19:58 - Jan 14 with 6218 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

League One Top Scorer 2024/25

Either for us or elsewhere.
Sinclair Armstrong: a bright spot. on 20:10 - Jan 14 with 6153 viewsSK_hoops

Sinclair Armstrong: a bright spot. on 19:58 - Jan 14 by BazzaInTheLoft

Not with his finishing at the moment.
Sinclair Armstrong: a bright spot. on 20:35 - Jan 14 with 6073 viewsHastings_Hoops

It’s devastating that ONCE AGAIN we’ve mismanaged his contract and there is very little chance we’ll get the best out of him. We really are the thickest club in the football league. Absolutely dotards.
Sinclair Armstrong: a bright spot. on 20:42 - Jan 14 with 6047 viewslassel

Sinclair Armstrong: a bright spot. on 19:58 - Jan 14 by BazzaInTheLoft

Yeah….the goals aren’t bigger in L1 I’m afraid..
Sinclair Armstrong: a bright spot. on 20:48 - Jan 14 with 6024 viewsbaz_qpr

Sinclair will be in the Championship next year, just not with us and with a challenger but not as first choice.

We offered him a 5 year contract not sure what else we can do tbh
Sinclair Armstrong: a bright spot. on 21:24 - Jan 14 with 5930 viewstonyQPR

On another thread there are lots off people saying we should off signed the forward from Walsall that Luton have now. Well we don’t have sign him as we already have him 😉just saying 😊
Sinclair Armstrong: a bright spot. on 23:57 - Jan 14 with 5762 viewsTheChef

He's improving but sadly he'll probably find his level with us in League One next season.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024