Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worse then 01 20:40 - Jan 14 with 8497 viewspaulhoop2

Some of you may not agree that’s the beauty of this forum but for me this lot are worse then last time we went down from the champ.

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Worse then 01 on 21:19 - Jan 15 with 1271 viewspaulhoop2

Last three posts agree 100%. Great comparison hucker. No one mentions Jermaine Darlington think he was miles better then current full backs.

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Worse then 01 on 09:44 - Jan 16 with 1081 viewsTheChef

Worse then 01 on 19:38 - Jan 15 by PeterHucker

I'll go against the grain here and say that I think we are worse than the 2001 relegation team, which up until recently was the worst QPR squad we've had in my time watching QPR. (since early 80s)

Kiwomya, for all his faults, had more of a goalscorers instinct than all our current attackers put together.

Young Crouch was light years better than young Armstrong, not so young Kelman, young Kolli.
Scored goals & contributed positively pretty much as soon as he got some first team gametime. Nobody made excuses for his lack of ability / composure and said he needed 50 games or a couple of seasons to find his feet.

Miklosko was roughly the same age as Begovic is now. He wasn't great, but he was a lot better than Begovic, who has shown himself to be a bit of a liability and is costing us goals.

Ian Barraclough was a fairly steady Eddie, nothing spectacular, but a fairly reliable defender and had some grit unlike any of our current full backs.

Langley, Carlisle both out injured for a lot of that season, but before that happened they were comfortably better than anyone in the same positions in our current squad.

The main thing is that 2001 squad lacked heart, desire, motivation, but the current lot are even worse for that and have been consistently for a very long time.

Admittedly some other players in 2001 who had actually been reasonable players previously, but by then they were either past-it old crocks (like Adomah, Fox), or couldn't be arsed, or both. (Colback?)
e.g.
Tim Breacker who was a consistently good player for years at Luton & West Ham, but past-it by the time we got him.
Danny Maddix, love him, one of my all-time favourites but he'd had too many injuries by then.
Gavin Peacock who played liked an absolute arse that season.
Hope his Lord & Saviour forgives him because I won't.
[Post edited 15 Jan 19:40]

Good points.

I suppose it says something if you'd take 2001 Crouch and Kiwomya over 2024 Dykes and Armstrong!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Worse then 01 on 11:53 - Jan 16 with 1033 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Worse then 01 on 14:21 - Jan 15 by Watford_Ranger

You don’t get footballers named Keith or Martin any more. There can’t be a Keith younger than 35. Who was looking at a newborn baby back in the day and thinking he looks like a Keith? Sort it out etc.

Hahaha baby Keith! Thing of the past for sure!
Worse then 01 on 23:16 - Jan 16 with 917 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Worse then 01 on 08:16 - Jan 17 with 835 viewsNortholt_Rs

Worse then 01 on 09:56 - Jan 15 by Juzzie

I don't watch much live football these days at HQ but it just feels to me the lot from '01 just weren't very good (coupled by losing two key players in Langley and Carlisle to ACL's in the same game) but this lot just don't seem to give a schit.

I really do wonder if if being over-paid and utterly pampered has created new generations of players who know they're not good enough for the PL but not bad enough for L2 so they just 'get by' once their nice contract is signed.

£5k a week on a three year contract nets them £780,000.

That's a house paid for (or with a very low mortgage) just on one contract and once done you can go through the rest of your life on a normal wage (in another job probably) knowing you don't have to worry about what is most people's single biggest outgoing.

Begovic is allegedly on £32k a week….

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Worse then 01 on 08:55 - Jan 17 with 810 viewsWatford_Ranger

Worse then 01 on 08:16 - Jan 17 by Northolt_Rs

Seen that and Cook on similar reported but think surely we weren’t that dim/desperate. Then I think this is QPR. The same lists have Chair on £7k.
Worse then 01 on 09:10 - Jan 17 with 796 viewsTheChef

Bullshit.

Worse then 01 on 13:11 - Jan 17 with 732 viewsdm97

Mercifully (or tragically if this season ends how I suspect it will) I have only experienced relegation from premier league as a genuine fan - unless being a toddler in 01 yet to go to a game counts…

My take as a younger (yes yes and naive) fan is that I feel far more depressed and resigned than any of the premier league relegations. I actively hate those squads, pretty much all the managers involved, and the charlatan characters who dipped in and out (thanks Kia J).

With this lot it feels much more of a steady decline over two years where we’ve been worn down to the point if it being an inevitability that we go down. I feel far sadder, forlorn, and without hope for the future than the prem relegations.

Similarly, I don’t have as much vitriol for the players as fundamentally they’re just not very good. They were propped up for a year (2021) by some top quality experience coming to the end of their hay-day, namely our long found replacement for Charlie Austin, Charlie Austin.

So yeah, numb not angry.
Login to get fewer ads

Worse then 01 on 13:48 - Jan 17 with 660 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Worse then 01 on 08:55 - Jan 17 by Watford_Ranger

Seen that and Cook on similar reported but think surely we weren’t that dim/desperate. Then I think this is QPR. The same lists have Chair on £7k.

I remember years ago Danny Baker proposing that players should pick up their wages in the stadium so the crowd could voice their opprobrium. I'd love to see Taylor Richards rock up at half-time to collect his hard-earned shekels.
Worse then 01 on 13:49 - Jan 17 with 649 viewsTheChef

Worse then 01 on 13:48 - Jan 17 by Wegerles_Stairs

I remember years ago Danny Baker proposing that players should pick up their wages in the stadium so the crowd could voice their opprobrium. I'd love to see Taylor Richards rock up at half-time to collect his hard-earned shekels.

I can only deduce that Taylor Richards has gone into witness protection, or something.

Worse then 01 on 18:55 - Jan 17 with 521 viewsDorse

Worse then 01 on 13:48 - Jan 17 by Wegerles_Stairs

Preferably in pennies. In a wheelbarrow. With a squeaky wheel and flat tyre. In absolute, deafening silence from over 17000 Rs, standing with arms folded.

A loose chip paper blows across the ground. A bell tolls dolorously in the distance. A crow calls from the top of the stand. From the back of R block, someone belches the word 'bollocks'...
[Post edited 17 Jan 18:56]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Worse then 01 on 19:11 - Jan 17 with 504 viewsAntti_Heinola

he's not.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024