Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A win - Report 17:00 - Jan 21 with 9283 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/61762
A win - Report on 17:14 - Jan 21 with 6906 viewsPhilothesuperhoop

Thanks Clive.

As you say Colback was superb, but so was Cook. He makes a world of difference every time he is fit enough to play. He actually made Cannon and Begovic look poor simply because he took the ball and played it quickly when under pressure and then found out that those two couldn’t do the same thing and put it out of play under pressure when he passed to them!

The issue, which you constantly point out, is that our squad is just soooo thin. When we can’t get this lot on the pitch we look very poor.

Also I guess we have to play Willock for exactly this reason, but he is either shockingly out of form, still isn’t fit, or (most likely) can’t be arsed as his contract only has a few months to run. Hopefully Smyth can start next week.

I think we may win next week and all have some hope…and then crater again!!
A win - Report on 17:14 - Jan 21 with 6902 viewsNorthernr

A win - Report on 17:14 - Jan 21 by Philothesuperhoop

Thanks Clive.

As you say Colback was superb, but so was Cook. He makes a world of difference every time he is fit enough to play. He actually made Cannon and Begovic look poor simply because he took the ball and played it quickly when under pressure and then found out that those two couldn’t do the same thing and put it out of play under pressure when he passed to them!

The issue, which you constantly point out, is that our squad is just soooo thin. When we can’t get this lot on the pitch we look very poor.

Also I guess we have to play Willock for exactly this reason, but he is either shockingly out of form, still isn’t fit, or (most likely) can’t be arsed as his contract only has a few months to run. Hopefully Smyth can start next week.

I think we may win next week and all have some hope…and then crater again!!

A win - Report on 17:15 - Jan 21 with 6890 viewsderbyhoop

Does the early delivery of the report mean Clive is in a far better place than most of the season?
Absolutely right, the first 20 minutes was complete garbage. but then we scored and both quality, effort and confidence went up exponentially. Second goal, in the end, took all the pressure off.

Please can we have a repeat next Sunday? Pretty please.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

A win - Report on 17:18 - Jan 21 with 6878 viewsNorthernr

A win - Report on 17:15 - Jan 21 by derbyhoop

Does the early delivery of the report mean Clive is in a far better place than most of the season?
Absolutely right, the first 20 minutes was complete garbage. but then we scored and both quality, effort and confidence went up exponentially. Second goal, in the end, took all the pressure off.

Please can we have a repeat next Sunday? Pretty please.

No it means I've got a late table booking at the tapas place in Tooting
A win - Report on 17:21 - Jan 21 with 6833 viewsNortholt_Rs

And it’s Hi-Ho Silver Lining! Wonderful day.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

A win - Report on 17:24 - Jan 21 with 6804 viewsPaddyhoops

I was hoping Cook and Colback could be our Hill and Derry .
Experience, nous and no nonsense.
They had it in spades yesterday.
Somebody said Marti will stick with Dykes and Armstrong in their current positions. Let’s hope so.
A win - Report on 17:27 - Jan 21 with 6771 viewsGaryBannister86

Perfect, Clive. I am with you on Begovic. I just know he is going to cost us again pretty soon, and I hope sincerely it isn't next week.

Sinclair's celebrations are unbelievably over the top - what would he do if he scored a worldie? - but as you say let's hope he spends the rest of the season doing them in ever more outlandish ways.
A win - Report on 17:47 - Jan 21 with 6612 viewsderbyhoop

A win - Report on 17:18 - Jan 21 by Northernr

No it means I've got a late table booking at the tapas place in Tooting

Champagne & canapés?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

A win - Report on 18:31 - Jan 21 with 6328 viewsterryb

Cheers Clive.

Now it's time for you to go & enjoy your holiday! I seem to recall you posting that you're away for the Huddersfield & Blackburn games.
A win - Report on 18:35 - Jan 21 with 6289 viewsjohnhoop

Was that Andy Sinton on the commentary getting so carried away over the first goal that he referred to Joe Bryan as Joey Barton.
A win - Report on 18:36 - Jan 21 with 6285 viewsCateLeBonR

Thanks Clive. Same as me I thought if we're not beating them we're not beating anyone.
A win - Report on 18:49 - Jan 21 with 6186 viewsaston_hoop

A win - Report on 17:14 - Jan 21 by Northernr

Those stats are incredible

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

A win - Report on 18:49 - Jan 21 with 6187 viewsBeejnewark

I do wonder just how clear a ref's view has to be before we actually get a penalty these days
A win - Report on 19:13 - Jan 21 with 6046 viewsbosh67

Great report as always.

I think the penalty would have been extremely harsh. A VAR would have given it but in reality it happens so quickly and it is definitely ball to hand.

Looking at the stats in this thread the difference with Cook in the team is incredible. Wrap the guy up in tissue paper and bubblewrap between games and we may just get out of this!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

A win - Report on 19:13 - Jan 21 with 6033 viewsMick_S

A win - Report on 18:35 - Jan 21 by johnhoop

Was that Andy Sinton on the commentary getting so carried away over the first goal that he referred to Joe Bryan as Joey Barton.

It was. He did say sorry!

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

A win - Report on 20:54 - Jan 21 with 5515 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Great work as usual what a relief to have a joyful match report and 3 golden points so desperatly needed .
Loved the Happy Gilmore reference and thrilled to see Armstrong in position to deliver the kill shot it will help his overall confidence and we need his goals .
No knee slide thankfully but too bulked up to rip off the shirt so saved another needless yellow there .
Penalty at every level IMO blocked a shot/cross with his arm away from his body the Ref 5 feet away just blew the call badly .
Marti is shopping at the same jeans shop at GA neither look great but far better that Beale in the tracksuit with that gut
A win - Report on 22:15 - Jan 21 with 5114 viewsNorthernr

A win - Report on 19:13 - Jan 21 by Mick_S

It was. He did say sorry!

He also got so worked up in the second goal his headphone/mic piece got chucked over the side of the gantry. Love him.
A win - Report on 22:33 - Jan 21 with 5029 viewsdaveB

It was an odd game, i thought we played a lot better last week but once we got the first goal never really looked back and managed the game very well in the second half
A win - Report on 22:36 - Jan 21 with 5018 viewsNorthernr

A win - Report on 22:33 - Jan 21 by daveB

It was an odd game, i thought we played a lot better last week but once we got the first goal never really looked back and managed the game very well in the second half

As Andrew put in his analysis in the week, we're now involved in a lot of very, very close games. And we're so low on confidence it's basically next goal the winner. So we played well against Watford, but conceded first, so that was that. Quite poor against Millwall, but got in front.

We really need a fast start against Huddersfield. A goal in the first 10-15 mins our way could be enormous.
A win - Report on 23:02 - Jan 21 with 4897 viewsVancouverHoop

A win - Report on 22:36 - Jan 21 by Northernr

As Andrew put in his analysis in the week, we're now involved in a lot of very, very close games. And we're so low on confidence it's basically next goal the winner. So we played well against Watford, but conceded first, so that was that. Quite poor against Millwall, but got in front.

We really need a fast start against Huddersfield. A goal in the first 10-15 mins our way could be enormous.

Totally.

We're not a comeback team in any sense. Concede the first goal and we deflate like an old inner tube. On the plus side we're scoring goals from inside the oppo's box, two yesterday. And in our own end it was a relief to see two defenders on the line to cover for our keeper's error. Only brief glimmers of hope, but makes a change from the despair of most the this season's matches.
A win - Report on 23:12 - Jan 21 with 4876 viewsNorthernr

A win - Report on 23:02 - Jan 21 by VancouverHoop

Totally.

We're not a comeback team in any sense. Concede the first goal and we deflate like an old inner tube. On the plus side we're scoring goals from inside the oppo's box, two yesterday. And in our own end it was a relief to see two defenders on the line to cover for our keeper's error. Only brief glimmers of hope, but makes a change from the despair of most the this season's matches.

Well yesterday we were sort of deflated to start with, accidentally scored and then inflated.

It's a weird group. If we can get out of this still in the Championship then great, shake hands with all of them, release everybody, we'll never speak of it again.
A win - Report on 23:37 - Jan 21 with 4781 viewsHunterhoop

A win - Report on 17:14 - Jan 21 by Northernr

Cook was outstanding and he is a proper centre half. Adult in the room.

It’s sadly got to the point where if he starts I think we can win, and if Dunne starts, I think we’re almost certain to lose. JCS is the weather vane.
A win - Report on 00:36 - Jan 22 with 4669 viewskensalriser

Glad we got that win for Marti's sake, because in the few weeks he's been here he's gone from a confident, dapper looking handsome chap to an unshaven, dishevelled bloke wearing someone else's clothes and looking like he sleeps in doorways.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

A win - Report on 00:53 - Jan 22 with 4637 viewsVancouverHoop

A win - Report on 00:36 - Jan 22 by kensalriser

Glad we got that win for Marti's sake, because in the few weeks he's been here he's gone from a confident, dapper looking handsome chap to an unshaven, dishevelled bloke wearing someone else's clothes and looking like he sleeps in doorways.

Yeah. He's aged several years in a few months. Same thing happened to Ainsworth. Managing QPR these days will do that.
A win - Report on 07:43 - Jan 22 with 4323 viewslondonscottish

Thanks Clive. Great start to the week.

It was great to see so many happy people at LR on Saturday for a change.

Glad I dragged myself down there.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024