Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cook on Offish 08:29 - Jan 22 with 6672 viewsstainrods_elbow

Bloody hell - dour and downbeat or what, even when he's praising the likes of Sints' pep talk! Sounds like he's here under massive duress and being a player makes him miserable, so can only hope he's not like that in the dressing room. Says getting out of the doudou will be 'extremely difficult', even though, as the interviewer points out, it's in our hands to beat Huddersfield and get out of the bottom three next weekend.

You're a footballer, Steve, not an executioner, so cheer up, crack a smile, and get a Dr Feelgood injection of milk and alcohol if it helps. Looking at you makes me feel like we're sinking, so I'll look away now.
[Post edited 22 Jan 8:31]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Cook on Offish on 13:21 - Jan 22 with 1351 viewsTheChef

Cook on Offish on 13:15 - Jan 22 by hubble

Agreed.

Just had a listen to the interview. He's exactly the kind of player we want and need at Rangers: level-headed, seasoned, an excellent defender at this level. And I thought he came across really well, for all the reasons mentioned by other posters in this thread. I really like him.

Clearly s_e would prefer a natural born showman and entertainer

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Cook on Offish on 13:26 - Jan 22 with 1331 viewsquickpassrotter

Cook on Offish on 08:45 - Jan 22 by Antti_Heinola

Bizarre OP. I thought it was excellent, and it was how i felt too. A good win, but it’s a start, nothing more, and it was weeks overdue. Thought it was professional, determined and honest.

Yes, couldn't agree more. Thought it was a measured and objective interview.
Cook on Offish on 13:35 - Jan 22 with 1294 viewsdmm

I tend to give player interviews a miss as I'm bored of the tired old banality most churn out. Just watched this one though and thought Cook was refreshingly straightforward and was able to answer questions without mentioning a single football cliche. I wish other players would do the same.
Cook on Offish on 13:35 - Jan 22 with 1295 viewsNorthernr

Cook on Offish on 13:15 - Jan 22 by hubble

Agreed.

Just had a listen to the interview. He's exactly the kind of player we want and need at Rangers: level-headed, seasoned, an excellent defender at this level. And I thought he came across really well, for all the reasons mentioned by other posters in this thread. I really like him.

He came across as a bit embarrassed about the situation we're in, which is good, they should be.
Cook on Offish on 14:15 - Jan 22 with 1216 viewsCLAREMAN1995

He is as hard as nails and is never afraid to let it be known to teammates or officials and we need that so badly.
I would love to have heard what he said to Cannon ? Saturday when he passes back that hospital ball and Cook blasted it over the roof .
Soft underbelly has hurt us for 2 years Cook is changing that IMO.
A lot of hate for our keeper which is not really fair but no way he should be Captain that is pretty unaminous on here Cook would be the choice but for injury issues
Cook on Offish on 14:24 - Jan 22 with 1167 viewsconnell10

Loved the way he was giving it to the Millwall fans over the bottle throwing incident.....more of that please .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Cook on Offish on 14:25 - Jan 22 with 1159 viewsTheChef

Someone in the mould of Danny Cullip or Ryan Nelsen.

Please just play every game till the end of the season.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Cook on Offish on 17:18 - Jan 22 with 1023 viewsstevenagehoop

In the Derry and Hill mould. Summed the position up as it is. Four teams struggling at moment to keep up with rest and even if we beat Huddersfield on Sunday they have fresh faces coming in to help their cause - something looking unlikely for us.
Will take a lot to bring a fifth team into contention with the poor and inconsistent form the bottom four are showing - good to hear from someone who acknowledges our position and the reasons we are in it. The defence does play better with him there and would go so far as to say that with him available it will be an uphill struggle but without him the trap door certainly beckons.

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Login to get fewer ads

Cook on Offish on 17:34 - Jan 22 with 949 viewsPunteR

Captain Cook .

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Cook on Offish on 21:27 - Jan 22 with 785 viewsSpaceman_P

Cook on Offish on 08:37 - Jan 22 by Landshark

I listened to it this morning and thought he sounded fine. He might be slightly dour but he's no Neil Critchley.

Don't think anyone can be that mono-syllabic I'm dying thinking about it.
Cook on Offish on 22:08 - Jan 22 with 710 viewsGuppy22

I have said to my son that if Cook stays fit we’ll stay up, the difference he makes to the team is massive
Cook on Offish on 22:19 - Jan 22 with 685 viewsbosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/0_21jtq543

I think it is about the best interview of the season. Massively honest and level headed. For me he really is the one player to keep wrapped up in cotton wool and bubble wrap because he's that important to our chances of staying up.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024