Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Tale of Two Football Clubs 14:34 - Jan 22 with 6983 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

A Tale of Two Football Clubs on 14:42 - Jan 22 with 5208 viewsAntti_Heinola

I'm honestly gobsmacked that anyone eats anything at our stadium. I haven't touched it for over 20 years. Absolute disgrace what we get 'served'.

Bare bones.

A Tale of Two Football Clubs on 14:44 - Jan 22 with 5176 viewsBoston

I don't go to sports stadiums to eat.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

A Tale of Two Football Clubs on 15:25 - Jan 22 with 5071 viewsdaveB

A Tale of Two Football Clubs on 14:42 - Jan 22 by Antti_Heinola

I'm honestly gobsmacked that anyone eats anything at our stadium. I haven't touched it for over 20 years. Absolute disgrace what we get 'served'.

The burger van in the lower loft is quite good, had a burger before the Watford game and was pretty good and not bad value either

I had the pizza slice once from the club and it didn't look much like the picture of it
A Tale of Two Football Clubs on 15:29 - Jan 22 with 5052 viewsLblock

I saw a recent Whatsapp funny going round which made reference to a certain labour MP standing on a mirror.

I thought that hotdog picture was it appearing on here.

Nasty business.

Returning to the theme though.... you want rip off food and drink then look no further than the Taxpayers Stadium. What West Ham are doing there is a scandle!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

A Tale of Two Football Clubs on 15:31 - Jan 22 with 5032 viewskingsburyR

Food is crap the service is worse!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

A Tale of Two Football Clubs on 15:32 - Jan 22 with 5026 viewsessextaxiboy

A Tale of Two Football Clubs on 14:42 - Jan 22 by Antti_Heinola

Its a real missed opportunity , that and the beer choices . My eldest son rants about it every two or three games .
A Tale of Two Football Clubs on 15:53 - Jan 22 with 4909 viewsNewBee

While in my limited experience the food/drink at the Gtech is better than at Griffin Park (or Loftus Road?), I'm still not persuaded that it's as good (quality/value/consistency) as it should be for a brand new stadium.

Then again like 'Boston', I don't usually go to football stadia to eat, only doing so when absolutely desperate.

Speaking of which, when I went to WHU's new stadium a couple of seasons ago, it was a night match and I hadn't eaten since breakfast, so I had a Hot Dog. It was £9 (ouch!), but here's the thing: it was nearly a foot long, well cooked in a nice, fresh roll and the sausage itself, advertised as being from a local "artisan" supplier etc, was very tasty.

Certainly it was light years away from your deep-frozen Iceland jobbie and I didn't really mind the cost - far better nine quid for something you enjoy than half that for something you can't even finish.

But everything else about WHU is toilet, mind.
A Tale of Two Football Clubs on 16:00 - Jan 22 with 4879 viewscolinallcars

A Tale of Two Football Clubs on 15:31 - Jan 22 by kingsburyR

Food is crap the service is worse!

I had to send the wine back at the Millwall game.
Login to get fewer ads

A Tale of Two Football Clubs on 16:02 - Jan 22 with 4860 viewsStanisgod

Hope you've sent that to whoever is ceo this week.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

A Tale of Two Football Clubs on 16:04 - Jan 22 with 4849 viewsPBLOCK

Would echo that the food van in the lower loft isn’t too bad

But £6.75 for a pint of Carlsberg is daylight robbery

The concessions on the concourse are quite frankly a disgrace

I went to the Etihad over Christmas got a burger (proper burger) a pie (not a pukka pre heated one) and a pint of Asahi for about £14 quid and served within 3-4 mins

Our offering is sh!t
A Tale of Two Football Clubs on 16:13 - Jan 22 with 4795 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

A Tale of Two Football Clubs on 15:29 - Jan 22 by Lblock

I saw a recent Whatsapp funny going round which made reference to a certain labour MP standing on a mirror.

I thought that hotdog picture was it appearing on here.

Nasty business.

Returning to the theme though.... you want rip off food and drink then look no further than the Taxpayers Stadium. What West Ham are doing there is a scandle!!

Downvoted by mistake , because I don’t downvote but I hope you can see how this is a problematic thing to share.
A Tale of Two Football Clubs on 16:22 - Jan 22 with 4726 viewsizlingtonhoop

Those 'waffle fries' look pretty grim, tho
A Tale of Two Football Clubs on 16:48 - Jan 22 with 4632 viewsBexleyHoop

The smell of the atomised fat as I used to enter the Upper Loft when I was a season ticket holder put me off eating anything in the stadium during my visits.

That burnt hog dog in the OP is a disgrace and should be stuck on our new CEO's desk to mull over as one of his things to do list. Club is losing money by the poor food and drink offering and service.

Might be worth bringing in local firms to provide food and drink and take a % of their profits or just charge a flat fixed fee to allow them to run a concession stand. Promote local firms and get good and different food options in for punters to try
A Tale of Two Football Clubs on 16:51 - Jan 22 with 4620 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

A Tale of Two Football Clubs on 16:48 - Jan 22 by BexleyHoop

The smell of the atomised fat as I used to enter the Upper Loft when I was a season ticket holder put me off eating anything in the stadium during my visits.

That burnt hog dog in the OP is a disgrace and should be stuck on our new CEO's desk to mull over as one of his things to do list. Club is losing money by the poor food and drink offering and service.

Might be worth bringing in local firms to provide food and drink and take a % of their profits or just charge a flat fixed fee to allow them to run a concession stand. Promote local firms and get good and different food options in for punters to try

I always thought a partnership with Cookes should have been sought. Nice cultural tie to the area.
A Tale of Two Football Clubs on 17:00 - Jan 22 with 4568 viewsJuzzie

The pictures above the kiosk and what you actually get remind me of that scene in 'Falling Down'.
A Tale of Two Football Clubs on 17:23 - Jan 22 with 4453 viewsAntti_Heinola

A Tale of Two Football Clubs on 16:48 - Jan 22 by BexleyHoop

I know they sort of do it in the family area on SA Road these days, but I always thought it would be nice to close the road, or at least half of it, around the stadium and just get some decent street food vendors in. I can't be the only one who is not really a burger man?

Bare bones.

A Tale of Two Football Clubs on 19:19 - Jan 22 with 4211 viewspaulparker

A mate of mine asked for a cheeseburger at the Fulham game a couple of seasons ago and the bloke behind the Jack n Jill gave him a frozen one
My mate goes WTF is that ?? !!!
The bloke serving goes “ oh did you want it warm then ? “
I never laughed so much in ages , but it does go to show how much we must lose in income from beer and pies , etc

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

A Tale of Two Football Clubs on 19:27 - Jan 22 with 4166 viewsBoston

A Tale of Two Football Clubs on 16:51 - Jan 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

I always thought a partnership with Cookes should have been sought. Nice cultural tie to the area.

...maybe bring Guinness onboard.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

A Tale of Two Football Clubs on 19:41 - Jan 22 with 4111 viewsMick_S

I know someone in that picture; do I win anything?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

A Tale of Two Football Clubs on 19:50 - Jan 22 with 4084 viewsSK_hoops

A Tale of Two Football Clubs on 15:32 - Jan 22 by essextaxiboy

Its a real missed opportunity , that and the beer choices . My eldest son rants about it every two or three games .

Tbh imagine how much extra cash they'd make simply by making it so you could buy a drink at half time without missing any of the game?
A Tale of Two Football Clubs on 19:58 - Jan 22 with 4050 viewsactonman

The carnage involved in getting anywhere near the food kiosk in the ellerslie road stand is beyond ridiculous ! Who in there right mind would queue up for 20 mins and have to miss 10 to 15 mins of the game either side of half time to pay what ? £6 for a bottle fking carlsberg while people push in and out trying to go for a p!ss
I mean , can it be that hard to set up a couple of stalls - beer only , contactless payment only …bosh bosh bosh no fcking about , no waiting for someone to order 2 cups of tea , a pie , bovril etc
The food you can’t do much about as we have no space for gourmet lunches so has to be quick and easy pie or hot dog in a bag sort of stuff
A Tale of Two Football Clubs on 20:03 - Jan 22 with 4027 viewsHayesender

I tend not to eat or drink inside Loftus Road these days, maybe a bovril if it's really cold, but last season I got there and I hadn't eaten all day. Had a look and saw they did cheesy chips, and thought to myself, well they can't fck that up. I was wrong

Poll: Shamima Beghum

A Tale of Two Football Clubs on 20:56 - Jan 22 with 3925 viewsstowmarketrange

You get chips with our hotdogs,but they’ll be in your teeth unfortunately.
A Tale of Two Football Clubs on 21:01 - Jan 22 with 3897 viewsstowmarketrange

A Tale of Two Football Clubs on 20:03 - Jan 22 by Hayesender

I tend not to eat or drink inside Loftus Road these days, maybe a bovril if it's really cold, but last season I got there and I hadn't eaten all day. Had a look and saw they did cheesy chips, and thought to myself, well they can't fck that up. I was wrong

It helps if the chips are hot enough for the cheese to melt rather than just sit there on top of lukewarm chips.
A Tale of Two Football Clubs on 21:02 - Jan 22 with 3894 viewskomradkirk

Not had any food inside the ground since the days of a mince meat pukka pie.
they were decent.
As for anything in a plastic glass never mind guinness nah
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024