Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looking Forward To Norwich 22:02 - Feb 5 with 2832 viewsfraserc

I mainly follow QPR using the excellent QPR+ service, as I left England back in 2004 to live on the West Coast of Canada. Unfortunately, my dad passed away over the Christmas period and his funeral is on the 9th, which I am flying in for.

Depending on how it goes, the silver lining in all of this is that I am planning to attend the Norwich game on the 10th for the first time since the 2010-11 season when I also saw us play Norwich in what was a 0-0 draw, I believe, which I would definitely take at the moment.

Anyway, just wanted to say how excited I am to see the Rs in person and hopefully we can sneak a result.

U Rrrrrrrs!
Looking Forward To Norwich on 22:08 - Feb 5 with 2779 viewsHooparoo

Hope you get to enjoy a win mate

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Looking Forward To Norwich on 23:30 - Feb 5 with 2564 viewsBrisbaneR

Getting back to Loftus Rd after a long time away is like having access to a time machine. There are so many changes to the places and people that I left behind, but there really hasn't been much change at all at HQ since I started going in the early 80's. Its lovely to have something in life that is as it was when I was a youngster.

I'm sorry you're back in the country for something so sad, but I hope you get to hi-ho that silver lining.
Looking Forward To Norwich on 23:42 - Feb 5 with 2539 viewsjoolsyp

Sorry to hear about your father's passing Fraser. I'm on the west coast as well (Vancouver), came out from the UK in 2016. My Dad passed away in 2022, he was a huge Rs fan and I was fortunate to get a photo of him up on the big screen at Loftus Road at the end of year tribute to those who died that year.

Hope the funeral goes well and that you see us beat the Canaries! There's a few Rs out here on the west coast, perhaps we should look at a meetup sometime?
Looking Forward To Norwich on 00:24 - Feb 6 with 2492 viewsR_from_afar

Sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you have as good a trip as is possible given the sad circumstances and I also hope our heroes serve up a win for you, well, for all of us.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Looking Forward To Norwich on 09:14 - Feb 6 with 2222 viewsterryb

Sorry for your loss fraserc.

Welcome back to LR though. Let's hope the team don't let you (and us) down.
Looking Forward To Norwich on 10:52 - Feb 8 with 1766 viewsHoopinEssex

Looking Forward To Norwich on 23:30 - Feb 5 by BrisbaneR

Getting back to Loftus Rd after a long time away is like having access to a time machine. There are so many changes to the places and people that I left behind, but there really hasn't been much change at all at HQ since I started going in the early 80's. Its lovely to have something in life that is as it was when I was a youngster.

I'm sorry you're back in the country for something so sad, but I hope you get to hi-ho that silver lining.

The bit you write about having something as it was when you were young is so true.

OP sorry for your loss mate.
Looking Forward To Norwich on 11:49 - Feb 8 with 1592 viewskingsburyR

Sorry for your loss.

I hope the team get that win for you and your old man!

You R'ssssssssssssssssssss

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Looking Forward To Norwich on 17:09 - Feb 8 with 1266 viewsPaddyhoops

Much sympathy on your fathers passing.
Enjoy the game .
Login to get fewer ads

Looking Forward To Norwich on 17:53 - Feb 8 with 1188 viewsqpr_1968

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Looking Forward To Norwich on 18:02 - Feb 8 with 1164 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Condolonces, Fraser.
Ar dheis De go a raibh a anam.

Hope you have a great day at HQ commemorating your Dad, and if the timing doesn't work on this occasion then you'll have a great day some other time.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Looking Forward To Norwich on 07:53 - Feb 12 with 683 viewsfraserc

Thank you for the kind words. My dad had a very good service on the Friday, and on the Saturday went to QPR with my brother, nephew and two daughters (their first visit). We had a great day, and it was a very entertaining match, so couldn't have asked for better all told.

Flying back to Canada next Sunday and hopefully we'll be out of the relegation zone by that point! Good luck got rest of the season and I'll catch it all on QPR+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024