Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Table since Marti came in 01:08 - Feb 6 with 11741 viewsdannyblue

Only three teams have conceded fewer! And a positive goal difference! Some turnaround.

(from this: https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/the-championship-table-since-qpr-appointed-mar
[Post edited 6 Feb 1:09]
Table since Marti came in on 19:39 - Feb 6 with 2379 viewsHammersmithR

I think 6 wins and a couple of draws will do it. We are on the up and other clubs dropping like a stone. Under Ainsworth I was leaving some games where we didn’t even create a chance. Now we are creating chances. When Cannon, Cook, JCS and Paal all play we look so much more solid. Marti knows we will always concede when the likes of Kakay play. We take our chances and we can do this. I’m a lot more confident than I was a few weeks ago.
Table since Marti came in on 19:58 - Feb 6 with 2304 viewsE15Hoop

Table since Marti came in on 19:28 - Feb 6 by 1JD

“However, we all know that wasn't/couldn't be done at the time, and given that the Board in their wisdom decided to make the end of last season a straight crapshoot between appointing Ainsworth and retaining Critchley, you have to say that they made the right call at the time.”

No, I don’t believe they made the right call at all. Along with GAs belittling mentality, the squad-manager mismatch was the biggest problem. A problem that wouldn’t have arisen had we employed a manager in the same style of a Warburton and Beale to play to the squads strengths (rather than minimise them) and thus, got more out of them, much like Cifuentes has done so far.

But you're assuming that a manager in the mould of Warburton and Beale was available at that point of time, which may not have been the case- otherwise we might have gone for Cifuentes at that point.

My point is that the choice was simply between appointing Ainsworth and retaining Critchley. Clearly the Board felt that the relationship between the players and Critchley had deteriorated to such an extent that the trigger had to be pulled at that time.
Table since Marti came in on 19:59 - Feb 6 with 2301 viewsterryb

Table since Marti came in on 17:51 - Feb 6 by kensalriser

Last six seasons min points to stay up, assuming superior GD and adjusted for deductions

22/23 49
21/22 47
20/21 44
19/20 49
18/19 40
17/18 41

Hudderfield are doing just enough to stay out of the bottom three and we're improving, so it's not unlikely that neither will go down, meaning the tally required will be at the high end of the range.

A tenner to the Tiger Cub if anyone stays up on 45 this year (with no deductions).

Reading were relegated in 22nd place with 44 points, so 45 was enough.

I do admit (as subsequently read) that this doesn't take account of points deductions & I'm not expecting any this season, but there also seems to be at least one club that drop like a stone.

After 30 games last season we had 39 points, which is 6 or7 more than quite a few clubs have this season. It's not guarenteed, but there is certainly a chance that at least one of those clubs has a similar return as we did.

Of course, that club might be us!
[Post edited 6 Feb 20:07]
Table since Marti came in on 20:02 - Feb 6 with 2290 viewsRangersw12

Table since Marti came in on 19:58 - Feb 6 by E15Hoop

But you're assuming that a manager in the mould of Warburton and Beale was available at that point of time, which may not have been the case- otherwise we might have gone for Cifuentes at that point.

My point is that the choice was simply between appointing Ainsworth and retaining Critchley. Clearly the Board felt that the relationship between the players and Critchley had deteriorated to such an extent that the trigger had to be pulled at that time.

Surely you agree we should have sacked Ainsworth at the end of the season though?

It was clear it wasn't going to work and that he was miles out of his depth .

Also if we had sacked him he could have argued he didn't get a chance but kept us up with his reputation intact

Now he will go down as one of the worst managers over the last 25 years which is a bit sad tbh
Table since Marti came in on 20:11 - Feb 6 with 2242 viewsNorthernr

Table since Marti came in on 17:21 - Feb 6 by ThGrimRanger

only 2 seasons in the last 10 would 45 points have not been enough to stay up.

also this year's top 4 teams are well on course course for breaking the record tally for their accumulated points so i'd be very surprised if 45 is not enough.

btw. millwall are 14-1 to be relegated and that looks like value to me

Swansea too. They’re fcking crap.
Table since Marti came in on 20:44 - Feb 6 with 2175 viewsE15Hoop

Table since Marti came in on 20:02 - Feb 6 by Rangersw12

Surely you agree we should have sacked Ainsworth at the end of the season though?

It was clear it wasn't going to work and that he was miles out of his depth .

Also if we had sacked him he could have argued he didn't get a chance but kept us up with his reputation intact

Now he will go down as one of the worst managers over the last 25 years which is a bit sad tbh

Again, you can't take these decisions out of context.

You sack Ainsworth at the end of last season and who do you replace him with? Cifuentes wasn't available at that point as we know, plus you're assuming that Amit Bhatia was ready to accept responsibility for making a mistake, which he obviously wasn't at that point.

Plus, as Oslo says, they may well have decided Ainsworth had fulfilled his remit and had earned the right to stay,

We have the benefit of hindsight - not necssarily so obvious to a board with less expertise in terms of team set-up than many on this Forum.
Table since Marti came in on 22:40 - Feb 6 with 2018 viewsT_Block

Yes,but remember football has a way of kicking when you least expect it.Game at a time.Need to avoid losing for 4-5 game stretches.We should all come back after the Norwich game
Table since Marti came in on 08:04 - Feb 7 with 1776 viewsnix

Table since Marti came in on 11:45 - Feb 6 by EastR

Back to the table
What’s interesting is that in those 16 games we’ve managed to gain 6-7 points on Blackburn, Birmingham and Stoke and 3 on Huddersfield and Sheff Weds.
With basically the same number of games left, if we can keep that up we’re in with a shout. But strap in, its gonna be tight.

Yes I agree it’s tight but not impossible. We’re tracking 1.25 points across the last 12 matches. Huddersfield are tracking one point a game and Blackburn only 0.67. Swansea and Millwall are tracking 1.1 PPG over the last 12 and Stoke and Birmingham City slightly fewer. If we can just get to up to that pack currently on 31-33 points I think we can keep above at least one of those clubs. It does require a mini-run though of a win and a draw over the next few matches.
[Post edited 7 Feb 21:07]
Login to get fewer ads

Table since Marti came in on 16:04 - Feb 7 with 1532 viewsBenny_the_Ball

What's encouraging about this table is that most of the teams which we're chasing are in the bottom half. If this collective form continues through the rest of the season, we've a puncher's chance of survival.
Table since Marti came in on 20:17 - Feb 7 with 1387 viewsThGrimRanger

Table since Marti came in on 17:51 - Feb 6 by kensalriser

Last six seasons min points to stay up, assuming superior GD and adjusted for deductions

22/23 49
21/22 47
20/21 44
19/20 49
18/19 40
17/18 41

Hudderfield are doing just enough to stay out of the bottom three and we're improving, so it's not unlikely that neither will go down, meaning the tally required will be at the high end of the range.

A tenner to the Tiger Cub if anyone stays up on 45 this year (with no deductions).

you're on .... I'll happily donate a tenner to Tiger Cubs if as I said 45 points is not enough to stay up this year

TheGrimRanger

Table since Marti came in on 16:48 - Apr 22 with 689 viewskensalriser

Table since Marti came in on 20:17 - Feb 7 by ThGrimRanger

you're on .... I'll happily donate a tenner to Tiger Cubs if as I said 45 points is not enough to stay up this year

This one came in two weeks early!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Table since Marti came in on 17:25 - Apr 22 with 523 viewsThGrimRanger

Table since Marti came in on 16:48 - Apr 22 by kensalriser

This one came in two weeks early!

fair enough, I hadn't forgotten. money donated https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-a-charity-match-at-qpr

[Post edited 22 Apr 17:30]

TheGrimRanger

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024