Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now for a win at Brizzle! 08:57 - Feb 15 with 2904 viewswortonr

So, the morning after, let’s just take stock. Stoke were ( relatively) inspired and upped their game. We looked decent early on, long standing issues were clear..eg Sinclair’s pace and strength ( neither he or the rest know how to exploit it) but this does create uncertainty which can work. Plus poor set pieces and crossing.
However, we have new players who can greatly improve this when bedded in. Yesterday was a steep learning curve.. I hope!
So to Saturday, if we had won yesterday what normally would happen after a terrific performance? Inexplicable rubbish!
And I’m going on Saturday.. so maybe, just, maybe we will do the other QPR thing and play well? At least we’ll get a decent game and hope can re-kindle ( before we mess up v Rotherham of course.)
Now for a win at Brizzle! on 09:04 - Feb 15 with 2535 viewsSpaceman_P

I really hope so, last nights display has really sucked all the hope out of us.
Now for a win at Brizzle! on 09:14 - Feb 15 with 2463 viewsNed_Kennedys

Sorry but Stoke were awful, truly bad and were there for the taking. Any team with a modicum of spirit and ability would’ve got something from that game: luckily for them QPR had neither. A woeful team in terrible form handed a win by us: no positives there and no ‘learning curve’.

Bristol City are miles better than Stoke and have just won at Middlesbrough and home to Southampton. Last night was THE chance to claw our way to within reach of safety but instead they absolutely bottled it.
Now for a win at Brizzle! on 10:16 - Feb 15 with 2343 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

Stoke were awful, we were worse and went long ball to Armstrong from the off.
Because Bristol City will try and play more, leaving gaps for us to play football we will likely put on a better performance but still lose. We cannot play against the teams around us because they defend in numbers and we can't break it down. Teams on the front foot naturally leave space in behind hence the better footballing performance.
Now for a win at Brizzle! on 10:20 - Feb 15 with 2324 viewsQPR_John

Now for a win at Brizzle! on 10:16 - Feb 15 by BlackAndGoldRanger

Stoke were awful, we were worse and went long ball to Armstrong from the off.
Because Bristol City will try and play more, leaving gaps for us to play football we will likely put on a better performance but still lose. We cannot play against the teams around us because they defend in numbers and we can't break it down. Teams on the front foot naturally leave space in behind hence the better footballing performance.

Agree with that. We seem to play better against teams that play football look at the performance against Norwich. We are easily intimidated and its been the case for a while now.
Now for a win at Brizzle! on 10:33 - Feb 15 with 2269 viewsgolborne

Now for a win at Brizzle! on 10:20 - Feb 15 by QPR_John

Agree with that. We seem to play better against teams that play football look at the performance against Norwich. We are easily intimidated and its been the case for a while now.

Footballing sides struggle against anti-football sides, unless they take the initiative early doors. That’s how Stoke set up last night. Finishing cost us again. Smyth scores in the first few minutes and they would have had to revert to plan b, which I’m not convinced they had, given the physical size of their players. They had one good move the whole game.
Now for a win at Brizzle! on 10:44 - Feb 15 with 2209 viewsHayesender

I've got my ticket for Bristol, but I reckon if i hadn't bought it I wouldn't bother after last night. Angriest I've been in a long time with these players

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Now for a win at Brizzle! on 11:54 - Feb 15 with 2073 viewswestberksr

Now for a win at Brizzle! on 10:44 - Feb 15 by Hayesender

I've got my ticket for Bristol, but I reckon if i hadn't bought it I wouldn't bother after last night. Angriest I've been in a long time with these players

i'm in this club too; Brizzle my nearest ground so usually make the trip.

bought a ticket Tuesday and apparently there is a no takesy backsy rule, so i'm still going!
Now for a win at Brizzle! on 11:57 - Feb 15 with 2059 viewsPhilmyRs

Bristol are in decent form, had an extra day's rest. I do genuinely worry this could be the first heavy defeat that we receive under Marty's Management. I hope I'm wrong, because getting a result up there and I'd still think we have a chance of getting out of it, another loss and I fear it's too late. Massive game. Players need to understand the importance of it. Another Sinton speech I think.
Login to get fewer ads

Now for a win at Brizzle! on 12:00 - Feb 15 with 2044 viewskensalriser

Every time when it matters these cnts fail to turn up. As opposed to Huddersfield who are not good but picking up the results they need to stay clear (drawing with us, the win last night).

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Now for a win at Brizzle! on 12:23 - Feb 15 with 1972 viewsellersliehoop

Now for a win at Brizzle! on 10:20 - Feb 15 by QPR_John

We play better against teams that play football????

Lets hope that's true because we're going to get ample opportunity....

Leicester
WBA
Leeds
Coventry
Boro
Sunderland

They all play football so that's 6 wins then!?!?
Now for a win at Brizzle! on 13:10 - Feb 15 with 1854 viewsTheChef

Now for a win at Brizzle! on 12:23 - Feb 15 by ellersliehoop

Leicester
WBA
Leeds
Coventry
Boro
Sunderland

We're staying up!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Now for a win at Brizzle! on 13:21 - Feb 15 with 1811 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

Leicester
WBA
Leeds
Coventry
Boro
Sunderland

We do play better, more attractive football but still lose or draw at best.
See Southampton (H), Ipswich (H & A) and Norwich (H) for a few examples.

I cannot see us staying up anymore. Blown our chances against Huddersfield and Stoke recently by playing pathetically.

Expect to lose on Saturday then draw with Rotherham.
Now for a win at Brizzle! on 13:44 - Feb 15 with 1744 viewsMatch82

I have hope still, you never know with this league, but I think there's a good chance we'll look back on yesterday as the game we threw away our best chance to avoid relegation
Now for a win at Brizzle! on 14:02 - Feb 15 with 1689 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Leicester
WBA
Leeds
Coventry
Boro
Sunderland

In all seriousness I bet we win a couple of those and pick up points from others. Same old story every season, it never ever works out how you think it's going to.
Now for a win at Brizzle! on 16:46 - Feb 15 with 1534 viewsellersliehoop

Now for a win at Brizzle! on 14:02 - Feb 15 by Silverfoxqpr

In all seriousness I bet we win a couple of those and pick up points from others. Same old story every season, it never ever works out how you think it's going to.

That is true

If you remember the season we stayed up under Hughes we won our last 5 home games which nobody expected

We'll need something similar
Now for a win at Brizzle! on 17:06 - Feb 15 with 1508 viewsdaveB

reality is whatever the result last night the season wasn't going to be over, the reaction was similar to the Huddersfield game then 1 win later everything looks very different.

They have to put that result and performance behind them ands go again at the weekend, we still have a decent chance of getting out of it but it's now going to need us to beat some of the stronger sides in the league
[Post edited 15 Feb 17:16]
Now for a win at Brizzle! on 17:13 - Feb 15 with 1479 viewsellersliehoop

Now for a win at Brizzle! on 17:06 - Feb 15 by daveB

reality is whatever the result last night the season wasn't going to be over, the reaction was similar to the Huddersfield game then 1 win later everything looks very different.

They have to put that result and performance behind them ands go again at the weekend, we still have a decent chance of getting out of it but it's now going to need us to beat some of the stronger sides in the league

It absolutely does need us to beat some of the stronger teams
Now for a win at Brizzle! on 17:15 - Feb 15 with 1470 viewsdaveB

Now for a win at Brizzle! on 17:13 - Feb 15 by ellersliehoop

It absolutely does need us to beat some of the stronger teams

sorry that was a bad typo, was meant to say now rather than not will fix it
Now for a win at Brizzle! on 17:17 - Feb 15 with 1460 viewssprocket

Agree with this. This side is capable of beating any side in the league but also as demonstrated multiple times over the last couple of years, of phoning in dross. Last night was so predictable and depressing in equal measures. It's the hope that kills you. I have zero faith in this side and at this point am pretty resigned to getting relegated. While watching last night after Stoke took the lead it got to the point where I couldn't care less if Stoke scored again as I knew there was no way we were ever scoring.
[Post edited 15 Feb 17:18]
Now for a win at Brizzle! on 17:34 - Feb 15 with 1388 viewsHayesender

I can see us having to win at Coventry to stay up. Where have I seen this before? 🤔

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Now for a win at Brizzle! on 17:35 - Feb 15 with 1378 viewsNed_Kennedys

The thing is Dave that we are proving incapable of getting out of the relegation zone and the games are fast disappearing. We win a game and then fail to follow it up with another win time and time again. Its relegation form and we are relying on other teams to be worse than us for the rest of the season which looks unlikely.
Now for a win at Brizzle! on 17:45 - Feb 15 with 1334 viewsAntti_Heinola

Now for a win at Brizzle! on 13:21 - Feb 15 by BlackAndGoldRanger

We do play better, more attractive football but still lose or draw at best.
See Southampton (H), Ipswich (H & A) and Norwich (H) for a few examples.

I cannot see us staying up anymore. Blown our chances against Huddersfield and Stoke recently by playing pathetically.

Expect to lose on Saturday then draw with Rotherham.

Agree - everything tells us this lot will probably play well and lose v Bristol, then play poorly and lose v Rotherham. Story of the season I'm afraid.

Bare bones.

Now for a win at Brizzle! on 17:59 - Feb 15 with 1284 viewsStanFan

We’ll lose and Dickie and Wells will score. I wonder what odds I can get on that.
Now for a win at Brizzle! on 14:43 - Feb 18 with 833 viewswortonr

Just call me Nostradamus!
Now for a win at Brizzle! on 14:46 - Feb 18 with 816 viewsCamberleyR

Now for a win at Brizzle! on 17:34 - Feb 15 by Hayesender

I can see us having to win at Coventry to stay up. Where have I seen this before? 🤔

As long as they don't drag Eoin F*cking Jess out of retirement!

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024