Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MOM today 19:54 - Feb 24 with 3605 viewsOakR

Going to be a tough one for Clive.

It's between Colback, Dunne and Willock for me.

Willock scored the winner, great through ball for Smyth's equaliser, good defensive work and great on the ball.

Dunne was immense at right back, both defensively, going forwards and at set pieces. So pleased for him as someone who always tries his best and never cries off injured, is he our No1 right back now?

I thought Colback was brilliant today. He got our tempo going, he tracked back so often to help others out, sprinting at 94 minutes like it was the first minute, used the ball well (mostly), all over the pitch and hugely influencial.

Poll: Will we stay up?

MOM today on 08:34 - Feb 25 with 908 viewsDoudou87

Watching Dunne take on his man and bomb it down the wing was a thing of beauty but hard not to give it to Willock.

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

MOM today on 08:35 - Feb 25 with 904 viewsFDC

MOM today on 08:27 - Feb 25 by saxbend

Willock and Chair made the biggest contributions in possession, while Cook was probably the most important out of it. Dunne was significant on both sides of the game.

As for Field, I have found that while he consistently plays well, it's usually far more obvious when the rest of the team is being carried by him, and you can usually tell when everyone is at their best because Field will then appear to be giving an unremarkable performance, so it's good that people noticed his contribution yesterday despite the team doing so well overall.

Meanwhile, while no means MOTM, I was happy to see Frey work his arse off for over 70 minutes and get ever closer to full match fitness. The signs with him are very promising.

I actually thought Cook had one of his poorest games for us. He looked uncharacteristically nervy, made a couple of wayward passes that nearly cost us, and lost a number of important aerial challenges in the box.

Colback has an important role as a kind of midfield sweeper and thought he played it fairly well, especially second half.

Willock motm for me too.
MOM today on 08:42 - Feb 25 with 885 viewsQPROslo

Willock a clear MOM for me. Made the equaliser, scored the winner and was good all game both with and without the ball. I also thought Colback was very good second best, notably stopping break-out attacks and clearing up at the back after our dead balls invariably were cleared, was very tidy on the ball too.
MOM today on 08:44 - Feb 25 with 858 viewsgazza1

Colback was very decent yesterday, yes, he made errors but they all do and why they are playing in the Championship. He was everywhere yesterday and even late on in the game he 'took one for the team'. His passing and movement was excellent. Has a far more of an influence on the game than Field, hence why he is selected.

Certainly in with a shout for MOM.
MOM today on 08:49 - Feb 25 with 823 viewsgazza1

MOM today on 22:05 - Feb 24 by WatfordR

Yep, made one, scored the other, and generally a good level. Has to be Willock for me. Though I think their keeper would be disappointed not to even get a hand to Willock's shot.

Don't think you could ask for much more from Dunne at RB, and I also thought JCS had a good game, won almost everything in the air, and distributed well.

Colback, I feel when we start to play, he starts to play, never the other way round. A poor man's Jojo for me. Thought Field was excellent when he came on. And a word for Chair, after what must have been a personally stressful week, he stood up well.

Shocking comments about Colback......he is a very important cog in MC's selection and the team. His passing and movement is arguably the bast in the club, he makes himself available all the time and knows exactly what is around him. Good asset to the team 'on & off' the pitch - 100%.

As for Chair....he knew he was going to be found guilty a long time ago so yesterday was just another day on the pitch.
[Post edited 25 Feb 8:51]
MOM today on 13:11 - Feb 25 with 651 viewsterryb

MOM today on 08:44 - Feb 25 by gazza1

Colback was very decent yesterday, yes, he made errors but they all do and why they are playing in the Championship. He was everywhere yesterday and even late on in the game he 'took one for the team'. His passing and movement was excellent. Has a far more of an influence on the game than Field, hence why he is selected.

Certainly in with a shout for MOM.

He took one for the team due to a very bad mistake from Willock.

And we needed him to!

MOM? I have no idea who it should be!
MOM today on 13:21 - Feb 25 with 638 viewsNorthernr

I think it's Willock, but I'm so pleased about Dunne. He's been playing so badly for so long and is clearly one of the good guys so it's brilliant to see him back and contributing positively like he has in the last two weeks.
MOM today on 13:22 - Feb 25 with 634 viewsShunter

MOM today on 20:50 - Feb 24 by hubble

One goal, one assist, did his defensive work too - what more do you want?! Willock - awesome performance.

Totally agree, Willock MoM
Login to get fewer ads

MOM today on 14:00 - Feb 25 with 531 viewsAirtomoreira

I'm someone who sadly very rarely gets to see the Rs live these days, but I was in the Bhatia Stand yesterday. Having read lots about how Willock has mainly been a shadow of his previous self recently, I wondered just what he'd serve up.

For me, he was the best player on the pitch (sorry, Jimmy Dunne, you were excellent as well). What impressed me most was his tracking back, his tenacity, when I know that is one of the things that he's been most criticised for. As has been said elsewhere, I was mildly shocked to see him sprinting across to the Ellerslie Rd stand and back just before kick off - that didn't seem to me to be the actions of a player with nagging doubts in the back of his mind about any lingering hamstring issues. If he continues playing like this, there's no doubt that he's a significant asset at Marti's disposal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024