Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New CEO meeting 13:48 - Feb 27 with 16522 viewsTK1

I note from social media a small group of fans saying they were invited to a meeting with CEO Christian Nourry yesterday, subsequently drip-feeding info about it: he's fallen in love with QPR, we might change the pre-match music, he's got the best interests of club at heart, he really cares, etc etc...

Has very strong early Paladini vibes to it. Get a few fans onside, privately, tell them what they want to hear, no official club note made of it but message that is required to be spread gets out there.

It'll end in tears for all. Fans forums are excruciating, but the only way this kind of communication with fans can work, that and official interviews. I assume there'll be an LFW interview soon, hopefully from this event. But until then every fan at that meet is being played, just as all the season ticket holders not invited are.

New CEO meeting on 19:52 - Feb 29 with 1995 viewsnumptydumpty

New CEO meeting on 19:14 - Feb 29 by daveB

I think everyone is prepared to give him a go but I'm with Clive in finding this whole keep contracts secret thing a bit weird, there is no real advantage we are getting by doing this

My concern is if we're going to hide from fans something that never been an issue before what else is going to be kept from us and when the ceo is talking about multi club ownership that kind of thing (more general than in reference to us at the moment) I think it's right to be wary of where this is going

And it's always gone so well in the past with being aware of everything

Let us see how it goes before we automatically go on the offensive against a new way of doing things

He has been here less time than a Mick Beale tenure !!

Was a good transfer window we believe and told a nice little white lie about no chance of signings.

As say give the guy a chance

If it was me in a new job and was already aware of criticisms immediately, well its not a great look

And that's after a decent start in recruitment and on the pitch also
[Post edited 29 Feb 19:55]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

New CEO meeting on 21:33 - Feb 29 with 1824 viewsdaveB

New CEO meeting on 19:52 - Feb 29 by numptydumpty

And it's always gone so well in the past with being aware of everything

Let us see how it goes before we automatically go on the offensive against a new way of doing things

He has been here less time than a Mick Beale tenure !!

Was a good transfer window we believe and told a nice little white lie about no chance of signings.

As say give the guy a chance

If it was me in a new job and was already aware of criticisms immediately, well its not a great look

And that's after a decent start in recruitment and on the pitch also
[Post edited 29 Feb 19:55]

Things going wrong in the past had nothing to do with us knowing how long players were contracted for

I don't think anyone is going on the offensive against him but it's absolutely right to raise concerns about this and ask why they are doing it and what the benefit is
New CEO meeting on 22:17 - Feb 29 with 1735 viewsWegerles_Stairs

New CEO meeting on 14:02 - Feb 28 by Rangersw12

What did he say about the contracts ?

Are they going to be published going forward or did he double down on it .

Imo if a CEO wants communication with the fans then a start would be a survey to all ST / members which is surely better than a select group of fans .

Also if there isn't any minutes of the meeting all it will do is create a divide and ask further questions however the good intentions

Yeah, never understood why they wouldn't run a survey of season ticket holders and members. Obviously more work than holding a few face-to-face meetings but does seem like the best way of soliciting the views of your core fanbase.
New CEO meeting on 04:59 - Mar 2 with 1295 viewsnumptydumpty

Perhaps Clive

Non disclosure of contract lengths could protect players that maybe slightly more mentally fragile from dogs abuse from all.

If we had not known length of Hamaleinen contract and Richards, neither would have been abused consistently online and both said to be very skilful etc. Kelman perhaps too ie said best finisher in training

It's a thought that perhaps yourself and others may not have considered here

They are absolutely privileged young men in terms of money but that still doesn't mean they can't be fragile mentally

If people unaware of deals, the abuse towards them before they havr established themselves at all as a playing member could create massive issues mentally for a young mentally fragile player

However we may just believe they here for one year, the abuse initially would not happen at all. There would be disappointment but not aggressive bear baiting etc

Perhaps look at this management decision at potentially helping and nurturing talent before the knives come out way too early hence destroying a young man's confidence and mental health and meaning he will never achieve what he potentially could. The abuse would be way less if we felt he was off in a year, potentially then could develop in that time. Not every player can deal with reading abuse.

Sure Chris Willock in a different way would agree. Was potentially the previous manager that did for him, yet his father blamed and the player, that didn't help much either. And if as some will say he only playing like that because his contract up, we would not know that either, so with this new tactic, guessing games on here would not happen. And abusive comments from fans could not be read by more fragile mentally young men and whatever they are, they are mainly all very young adults.

Perhaps another way of looking at this decision not to reveal contract lengths.
[Post edited 2 Mar 5:18]

New CEO meeting on 07:19 - Mar 2 with 1240 viewsNorthernr

New CEO meeting on 04:59 - Mar 2 by numptydumpty

Perhaps Clive

Non disclosure of contract lengths could protect players that maybe slightly more mentally fragile from dogs abuse from all.

If we had not known length of Hamaleinen contract and Richards, neither would have been abused consistently online and both said to be very skilful etc. Kelman perhaps too ie said best finisher in training

It's a thought that perhaps yourself and others may not have considered here

They are absolutely privileged young men in terms of money but that still doesn't mean they can't be fragile mentally

If people unaware of deals, the abuse towards them before they havr established themselves at all as a playing member could create massive issues mentally for a young mentally fragile player

However we may just believe they here for one year, the abuse initially would not happen at all. There would be disappointment but not aggressive bear baiting etc

Perhaps look at this management decision at potentially helping and nurturing talent before the knives come out way too early hence destroying a young man's confidence and mental health and meaning he will never achieve what he potentially could. The abuse would be way less if we felt he was off in a year, potentially then could develop in that time. Not every player can deal with reading abuse.

Sure Chris Willock in a different way would agree. Was potentially the previous manager that did for him, yet his father blamed and the player, that didn't help much either. And if as some will say he only playing like that because his contract up, we would not know that either, so with this new tactic, guessing games on here would not happen. And abusive comments from fans could not be read by more fragile mentally young men and whatever they are, they are mainly all very young adults.

Perhaps another way of looking at this decision not to reveal contract lengths.
[Post edited 2 Mar 5:18]

Richards isn’t getting abused because of his contract.

Imagine how much angrier people would have been about the ridiculous two years we gave Adomah if they’d spent the whole first season assuming, naturally, it could only ever possibly be a one year deal.
New CEO meeting on 08:48 - Mar 2 with 1138 viewsTK1

New CEO meeting on 21:33 - Feb 29 by daveB

Things going wrong in the past had nothing to do with us knowing how long players were contracted for

I don't think anyone is going on the offensive against him but it's absolutely right to raise concerns about this and ask why they are doing it and what the benefit is

Not knowing the length of the youth contracts handed out by Clive Berlin under Chris Wright - ludicrous multi-million pound deals on multi-year contracts to players who barely kicked a ball professionally - was a crucial part of QPR going into admin. Couldn't throw the expensive ballast over board quick enough.

I'm just going to say that *I* *am* on the offensive with any new CEO. It's not personal. But he's middle management. We are the custodians. We remain. We're QPR, he's Linkedn. They come and go. And our trust should not be guaranteed. It has to be earned, properly, over time.

(This is not directed to you Dave, but generally just my feelings)

Please direct me to the chairman or CEO who didn't arrive at the club in a flurry of "we're lucky to have him; he really cares; he's got really innovative ideas; he's passionate; he's exactly what we need after the last guy" messages and then left a few years later in either shame, embarrassment, apologetic retreat or against a backdrop of unrest, disdain and protest. Remember that song about Flavio and Bernie? That was a good one.

We're QPR. They're passing through. They don't get to keep secrets (that aren't really secrets) from us, or divide fans into some animals are more equal than others sections. Want the best for the club? Prove it, Chris.

Anyway, off to Leicester now.
New CEO meeting on 09:43 - Mar 2 with 1052 viewsTK1

Final point on contracts:

Let's assume (hope) that Nourry and Cifuentes are really successful. At the end of 2024/25 season QPR make the play-offs but fall short of promotion: beaten by bigger ex-Prem clubs en route, no shame in that etc.

Success of both is noted and they are highly coveted. They are snatched by ambitious PL or European clubs (we don't know anything about their own length of contracts of course).

So we have a great 24/25 season, but lose excellent coach and wily CEO, both of whom are young and extremely ambitious.

What would be the legacy? A load of players on contracts fans don't know the length of and ready made excuse for the next CEO for financial woe. (And what if some of that near-miss success in 23/24 is built upon pushing the FFP bill, betting on a few players to take us up as we have done a decade earlier?)

Another good conspiracy theory is that as Nourry has a history of working on multi-club deals, his arrival is tied into that and not revealing contract lengths is a vital part of clubs that are to be part of a multi-club group moving players between clubs.

I mean, these are both batshit, I agree. But they still seem more logical than anything suggested for not sharing contract lengths by CEO.

There is no sensible reason for it.
New CEO meeting on 12:40 - Mar 2 with 925 viewsnumptydumpty

New CEO meeting on 07:19 - Mar 2 by Northernr

Richards isn’t getting abused because of his contract.

Imagine how much angrier people would have been about the ridiculous two years we gave Adomah if they’d spent the whole first season assuming, naturally, it could only ever possibly be a one year deal.

Think you missing my point that potentially if people only not know players contracts lengths, more fragile personalities have chance to grow in first season without fans going on the attack.

And your points are based on a previously flawed regime also

And as said before, the club are going to engage in contracts and lengths etc for what they consider to be the betterment of the club. We knew contract lengths when Bhatia, Ferdinand, Hoos were in control. Its not as if fans knowing this, affects the contracts, they are going to do what they think best anyhow.

This regime have already heard from fans so know what is required from a fans perspective, so why the need to keep fans in the loop

It could as said many times be beneficial to club and players development being more guarded at such ways.

We are not going to agree but think you not quite understanding my points I am aiming to make.

No worries though.

Three nil win today would not go amiss !!!!!! 😂

C'mon you Rs
[Post edited 2 Mar 12:44]

Login to get fewer ads

New CEO meeting on 13:55 - Mar 2 with 801 viewsswisscottage

New CEO meeting on 12:40 - Mar 2 by numptydumpty

Think you missing my point that potentially if people only not know players contracts lengths, more fragile personalities have chance to grow in first season without fans going on the attack.

And as said before, the club are going to engage in contracts and lengths etc for what they consider to be the betterment of the club. We knew contract lengths when Bhatia, Ferdinand, Hoos were in control. Its not as if fans knowing this, affects the contracts, they are going to do what they think best anyhow.

This regime have already heard from fans so know what is required from a fans perspective, so why the need to keep fans in the loop

It could as said many times be beneficial to club and players development being more guarded at such ways.

We are not going to agree but think you not quite understanding my points I am aiming to make.

No worries though.

C'mon you Rs

Fans will go on the attack based on nothing more than conjecture lies gossip and rumour.

Even if you put the information out there, its not going to make much difference to those that stick to the make believe over facts of which there's far too many on this board and in the wider fan base.

As I said, he can't win no matter what he does. Even if we won the premiership in 5 years time, people would still be moaning about the water pressure in the SAR bogs ( and that is a fact the there's pretty much none ;) ).
New CEO meeting on 14:17 - Mar 2 with 755 viewsAntti_Heinola

I can't see the gain from it. But fans will believe what they want to believe. Some fans genuinely think Begovic is on 38k per week.

Bare bones.

New CEO meeting on 11:08 - Mar 3 with 582 viewsfrancisbowles

New CEO meeting on 12:40 - Mar 2 by numptydumpty

No worries though.

C'mon you Rs

Good points and I can see both sides of this BUT fans do need to be kept in the loop. We are not only customers but stakeholders and it tends to be a life long 'investment', often handed down through generations.
Owners may be the big financiers of the club but they come and go.
Supporters have a financial and emotional attachment that usually lasts a lifetime.
New CEO meeting on 12:20 - Mar 3 with 473 viewsSheffieldHoop

New CEO meeting on 08:48 - Mar 2 by TK1

Not knowing the length of the youth contracts handed out by Clive Berlin under Chris Wright - ludicrous multi-million pound deals on multi-year contracts to players who barely kicked a ball professionally - was a crucial part of QPR going into admin. Couldn't throw the expensive ballast over board quick enough.

I'm just going to say that *I* *am* on the offensive with any new CEO. It's not personal. But he's middle management. We are the custodians. We remain. We're QPR, he's Linkedn. They come and go. And our trust should not be guaranteed. It has to be earned, properly, over time.

(This is not directed to you Dave, but generally just my feelings)

Please direct me to the chairman or CEO who didn't arrive at the club in a flurry of "we're lucky to have him; he really cares; he's got really innovative ideas; he's passionate; he's exactly what we need after the last guy" messages and then left a few years later in either shame, embarrassment, apologetic retreat or against a backdrop of unrest, disdain and protest. Remember that song about Flavio and Bernie? That was a good one.

We're QPR. They're passing through. They don't get to keep secrets (that aren't really secrets) from us, or divide fans into some animals are more equal than others sections. Want the best for the club? Prove it, Chris.

Anyway, off to Leicester now.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024