Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New CEO meeting 13:48 - Feb 27 with 16550 viewsTK1

I note from social media a small group of fans saying they were invited to a meeting with CEO Christian Nourry yesterday, subsequently drip-feeding info about it: he's fallen in love with QPR, we might change the pre-match music, he's got the best interests of club at heart, he really cares, etc etc...

Has very strong early Paladini vibes to it. Get a few fans onside, privately, tell them what they want to hear, no official club note made of it but message that is required to be spread gets out there.

It'll end in tears for all. Fans forums are excruciating, but the only way this kind of communication with fans can work, that and official interviews. I assume there'll be an LFW interview soon, hopefully from this event. But until then every fan at that meet is being played, just as all the season ticket holders not invited are.

New CEO meeting on 18:21 - Feb 27 with 3200 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Clive,

Was the meeting outcome above, on, or below the median line of satisfactory resolution(s)? Hopefully, it was a meaningful strategic cross-pollination session, affording a deep-dive to identify neccessary near-goal solutions, with sufficient blue-skying engagement to identify key strategic opportunities?

In terms of talent retention and engagement: where there any indications of our inboarding and, for that matter, outboarding policy for the forthcoming pre-seasin?

Cheers fella.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

New CEO meeting on 18:55 - Feb 27 with 3113 viewsSpaceman_P

Nothing tops the fans forum of the previous year when the bloke asked why his kid wasn't playing for the kids side. Bloke made the whole fan-base look like idiots.
New CEO meeting on 19:09 - Feb 27 with 3058 viewscharmr

TK well said, free executive boxes and programs (sold in the pub) to Paladinis cronies. Ironically now Nick de Marco is seen as some glorified expect in all things legal in the football world.

Strewth
New CEO meeting on 21:28 - Feb 27 with 2799 viewsFrankRightguard

New CEO meeting on 15:02 - Feb 27 by Northernr

Well, my God, after the last 20 years at QPR do I completely get where you're coming from TK, as you know you and I are very much aligned on our thoughts of where QPR are, are going, and should be.

I don't know if this will allay your fears or exacerbate them but for what it's worth...

There was an introductory meeting with Christian Nourry at Loftus Road last night, and all the fan sites and podcasts were there including us - 20 or so people. AKUTR's Dave drove down so it was all the old school and all the newer pods, channels etc. I believe Nourry's going round meeting all sorts of fan groups, stakeholders, the council and so on at the moment. For me I think that's a good idea on his part, he needs to hear it, from as many people as possible. These things used to be quite regular whenever a new CEO/DOF/manager arrived.

Rather than a sort of interview/forum/q&a thing it was a very much more informal chance for us to introduce ourselves to him, explain who we are and get a few of our concerns of our chests. I think there was literally one point where the guy didn't speak for half an hour because it was just people unloading. I went pretty big on the no longer revealing the contract lengths, explaining that after watching our club driven to the brink of League One by decisions around contracts made by people who have now all walked away and left us to our Stockport Away fate it was a bit bloody much for the club to now be giving it high and mighty about telling us even less than they were before.

Others talked about statue for Stan, ticketing, marketing the club. He told us a bit about him, his background, and we discussed ways we can improve communication in future, hopefully so the club can stop falling over its own feet all the time.

He listened, took the points away, we'll see what he does with them. And, look, I get the concern, but nobody from the club has spoken to any of any of us in any capacity bar one farcical fans forum and my interviews with Ainsworth (July) and Les (February) in more than a year now. I've been lobbying them to do more stuff like this and reconnect with the support base and as a first step, an introductory meeting, with fans forums and interviews etc to follow I thought it was reasonably useful.

Better than nothing (which is what we had before) and a kicking off point (with judgements to be reached on how he does and what enagegment we get in the future TBC).

Any plans for a sit down with Marti at all?
New CEO meeting on 21:38 - Feb 27 with 2764 viewshantssi

New CEO meeting on 18:21 - Feb 27 by PlanetHonneywood

Clive,

Was the meeting outcome above, on, or below the median line of satisfactory resolution(s)? Hopefully, it was a meaningful strategic cross-pollination session, affording a deep-dive to identify neccessary near-goal solutions, with sufficient blue-skying engagement to identify key strategic opportunities?

In terms of talent retention and engagement: where there any indications of our inboarding and, for that matter, outboarding policy for the forthcoming pre-seasin?

Cheers fella.

We need to get synergy between the board and fans groups, run a few ideas up the flag pole, see if anyone salutes them!
New CEO meeting on 22:20 - Feb 27 with 2618 viewsfraserc

New CEO meeting on 18:55 - Feb 27 by Spaceman_P

Nothing tops the fans forum of the previous year when the bloke asked why his kid wasn't playing for the kids side. Bloke made the whole fan-base look like idiots.

I was coming on to ask if anyone's kid had been unfairly removed from the youth team. You beat me to it :-)
New CEO meeting on 22:32 - Feb 27 with 2567 viewsRsinWales

I like the idea of broad consultation with active stakeholders before defining a vision.

The idea of a heroic leader with a startling vision developed in isolation is largely a myth.

He is doing the right thing in taking time to understand the 'customer base' and it's concerns and aspirations. If he is worth his salt, he will be able to distinguish between useful insight, chronic embitterment, and distracting minutiae.
New CEO meeting on 03:31 - Feb 28 with 2326 viewsFredManRave

New CEO meeting on 18:55 - Feb 27 by Spaceman_P

What are you doing on here?!

Can you please focus on the Match Thread.

That's all we ask...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Login to get fewer ads

New CEO meeting on 07:23 - Feb 28 with 2227 viewsngbqpr

New CEO meeting on 22:32 - Feb 27 by RsinWales

I like the idea of broad consultation with active stakeholders before defining a vision.

The idea of a heroic leader with a startling vision developed in isolation is largely a myth.

He is doing the right thing in taking time to understand the 'customer base' and it's concerns and aspirations. If he is worth his salt, he will be able to distinguish between useful insight, chronic embitterment, and distracting minutiae.

"useful insight, chronic embitterment, and distracting minutiae"...at last a title for that unreleased Fall album.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

New CEO meeting on 07:33 - Feb 28 with 2216 viewsNorthernr

New CEO meeting on 21:28 - Feb 27 by FrankRightguard

Any plans for a sit down with Marti at all?

We get the first one in pre-season with whoever the manager is at that point so look forward to that hopefully still being him.
New CEO meeting on 08:56 - Feb 28 with 2095 viewsPlanetHonneywood

New CEO meeting on 03:31 - Feb 28 by FredManRave

What are you doing on here?!

Can you please focus on the Match Thread.

That's all we ask...

Posting on here is like Space's personal team-bonding haka thread experience.

In Spaceman We Trust.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

New CEO meeting on 09:18 - Feb 28 with 2038 viewsHedged

New CEO meeting on 22:32 - Feb 27 by RsinWales

I agree with this. It's a smart way to start but next time want the CEO to be leading and sharing his thinking and thoughts more

Not sure what TK1 wanted to to happen here. Was is that none of these meetings can occur at all our would he rather after the game last Saturday the CEO walked out on to the pitch and held a Q&A to 16,000 fans...

It's natural for the club to court the fans who have the biggest voice. They can share that interaction with the biggest reach so it should be them at this sort of meeting.

The W12 podcaster types and even that Hoopsa fella have more of a reason to be there with their reach than some fan who goes to every away game for that reason.

I do understand the scepticism to an extent as well though. But it's just how things work. It's how the club get their messages out.

If the club view you as a hindrance you're going to be NFI to the next version of these events. I think Ian "come and say that to my face" McCullough has fallen foul of that and it explains part of the step away of West LondonSport from Rangers lately. He was often completely right in his criticisms of Ainsworth but he went pretty heavy in on him at times. Him and Kevin Gallen were probably also a bit sore this 26 year old got the job instead of Steve Gallen

The club and especially with he new CEO don't want or need that negativity, so my perception is WSL are on the naughty step. No more transfer scoops for them. Doesn't matter what connections McIntyre used to have

Sometimes it's conscious the journalists and now even podcasters know when to censor themselves so they aren't excluded from the inner circle and can't advance
[Post edited 28 Feb 9:21]
New CEO meeting on 09:26 - Feb 28 with 1982 viewsJamesB1979

New CEO meeting on 18:02 - Feb 27 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Fair play to the bloke for meeting, not sure he should be knocked for doing it quite yet. I think it probably reflects more on us as fans and the history of this club if some have a healthy dose of cynicism.

I only want assurances that their is a plan to get this club we all love back on track. And that they will stick with it.

Exactly. New CEO, new start. Let’s judge him on what he does not get worried about the past which has nothing to do with him. He’s managed to bring in some players, which we believe cost very little and I’d say every single one of them has improved us.
It’s a good sign that he sits there and listens to fans.
New CEO meeting on 09:28 - Feb 28 with 1978 viewsTheChef

New CEO meeting on 09:18 - Feb 28 by Hedged

I agree with this. It's a smart way to start but next time want the CEO to be leading and sharing his thinking and thoughts more

Not sure what TK1 wanted to to happen here. Was is that none of these meetings can occur at all our would he rather after the game last Saturday the CEO walked out on to the pitch and held a Q&A to 16,000 fans...

It's natural for the club to court the fans who have the biggest voice. They can share that interaction with the biggest reach so it should be them at this sort of meeting.

The W12 podcaster types and even that Hoopsa fella have more of a reason to be there with their reach than some fan who goes to every away game for that reason.

I do understand the scepticism to an extent as well though. But it's just how things work. It's how the club get their messages out.

If the club view you as a hindrance you're going to be NFI to the next version of these events. I think Ian "come and say that to my face" McCullough has fallen foul of that and it explains part of the step away of West LondonSport from Rangers lately. He was often completely right in his criticisms of Ainsworth but he went pretty heavy in on him at times. Him and Kevin Gallen were probably also a bit sore this 26 year old got the job instead of Steve Gallen

The club and especially with he new CEO don't want or need that negativity, so my perception is WSL are on the naughty step. No more transfer scoops for them. Doesn't matter what connections McIntyre used to have

Sometimes it's conscious the journalists and now even podcasters know when to censor themselves so they aren't excluded from the inner circle and can't advance

As John Cleese once said: "Adopt, adapt and improve."

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

New CEO meeting on 09:42 - Feb 28 with 1911 viewsSpaceman_P

New CEO meeting on 08:56 - Feb 28 by PlanetHonneywood

Posting on here is like Space's personal team-bonding haka thread experience.

In Spaceman We Trust.

yes other posts allow me the freedom to get out of orbit and firmly let gravity put my feet on the ground.
New CEO meeting on 10:08 - Feb 28 with 1807 viewsTK1

New CEO meeting on 09:18 - Feb 28 by Hedged

"Not sure what TK1 wanted to happen here".

Well, ideally I'd like the new CEO to be interviewed outside of the club channel about his plans, the set-up and FFP etc. That's not happened yet. Moreover, that's been refused.

If he's going to meet fan groups etc, then I think the club should say beforehand that the CEO will be meeting representatives of fan groups, messageboards, podcasts. That way, when other fans are scrolling through their socials on the tube/bog early one morning the first thing they see isn't: "I met the CEO last night and told him we want to change the run out music to our own new club anthem. Thoughts?" Followed by, "I met the CEO last night: he's blinding, he really cares, he's fallen in love with QPR: he goes to every game!"

This is not the communication on behalf of fans I require, especially in the week of concerning club accounts.

In my time going to QPR the head honchos and their first line CEOs have included: Jim Gregory, David Bulstrode, Richard Thompson, Chris Wright, David Davies, Gianni Paladini, Flavio Briatore, Tony Fernandes, Amit Bhatia (?), Ali Russell, Phil Beard, Lee Hoos and now this bright young whizzkid.

I never trust them because they are all bullshitters of the highest order who had zero interest in QPR previously. Mostly, they had neither the fans nor, in reality, the club at heart. There is always, always another shoe about to drop. The sense I have from Nourry is that shoe will drop very heavily over the close-season.

Personally, I distrust secret meetings with fans groups to drip feed good news in the name of canvassing opinion. I prefer proper scrutiny by journalists. But no doubt I'm worrying over nothing and will be proven wrong this time.

Down vote away!
New CEO meeting on 10:12 - Feb 28 with 1779 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think you speak a lot of sense, TK. I think that we have to be guarded, if not downright sceptical. History has taught us harsh lessons.

I'm reassured by what Clive and Dave have said on here but, like you, I'll always be wary.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

New CEO meeting on 10:13 - Feb 28 with 1770 viewsNorthernr

New CEO meeting on 10:08 - Feb 28 by TK1

Well, ideally I'd like the new CEO to be interviewed outside of the club channel about his plans, the set-up and FFP etc. That's not happened yet. Moreover, that's been refused.

If he's going to meet fan groups etc, then I think the club should say beforehand that the CEO will be meeting representatives of fan groups, messageboards, podcasts. That way, when other fans are scrolling through their socials on the tube/bog early one morning the first thing they see isn't: "I met the CEO last night and told him we want to change the run out music to our own new club anthem. Thoughts?" Followed by, "I met the CEO last night: he's blinding, he really cares, he's fallen in love with QPR: he goes to every game!"

This is not the communication on behalf of fans I require, especially in the week of concerning club accounts.

In my time going to QPR the head honchos and their first line CEOs have included: Jim Gregory, David Bulstrode, Richard Thompson, Chris Wright, David Davies, Gianni Paladini, Flavio Briatore, Tony Fernandes, Amit Bhatia (?), Ali Russell, Phil Beard, Lee Hoos and now this bright young whizzkid.

I never trust them because they are all bullshitters of the highest order who had zero interest in QPR previously. Mostly, they had neither the fans nor, in reality, the club at heart. There is always, always another shoe about to drop. The sense I have from Nourry is that shoe will drop very heavily over the close-season.

Personally, I distrust secret meetings with fans groups to drip feed good news in the name of canvassing opinion. I prefer proper scrutiny by journalists. But no doubt I'm worrying over nothing and will be proven wrong this time.

Down vote away!

I think all of that is entirely fair mate, and if it isn't followed up with interviews and proper scrutiny you know I'll be the first to call it out.
New CEO meeting on 10:21 - Feb 28 with 1730 viewsterryb

Down vote away!

I understand where you are coming from, but this was far from a "secret meeting". Clive had posted numerous times that he was attending a meeting with Nourry on Monday evening.

I don't use any media to follow what is happening at Queens Park Rangers apart from LFW & the Offie, but I was very aware of others that had also been invited to attend. Surely, the same people that were posting on Tuesday morning had informed their followers that they were attending prior to the meeting?

I've no idea if it achieved anything (probably not), but I can't see how a meeting early in his employment could have the effect you ahve referenced.
New CEO meeting on 10:37 - Feb 28 with 1675 viewsdaveB

Down vote away!

I think thats fair to be honest and I cringed at some of that stuff as well that i saw yesterday, we're a few weeks away from possible relegation and people are worrying about club songs but then again if I'd gone I'd have moaned about the state of the ticket website and asked why you can't pick your seat for an away game which in the grand scheme of things is not a big deal to many people

I would expect/hope that he sits down either on one of the podcasts or with Clive possibly at the end of the season to answer what should be some difficult questions about where we are going and how we plan to get there

One thing with Hoos from the start was that i always felt he was open with the fans, tried to talk to as many as possible rather than the same people and although not many liked his answers it felt like he was being pretty open with us on most subjects
New CEO meeting on 11:32 - Feb 28 with 1533 viewsderbyhoop

The biggest issues for the CEO, and the rest of top management are
We're losing £20m per annum
This team could easily be relegated to L1
A huge raft of players are OOC at the end of the season. There don't appear to be any attempts to renew. The develop and sell.model isn't working
Only player likely to bring significant funds is Chair.
We play in a small, decrepit ground with 1 of the lowest capacities in Championship. Plans to move seem to have been put on ice. But neither is there any attempt to improve LR.

IMHO, everything else is trivial

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

New CEO meeting on 11:48 - Feb 28 with 1472 viewsTK1

New CEO meeting on 10:37 - Feb 28 by daveB

I think thats fair to be honest and I cringed at some of that stuff as well that i saw yesterday, we're a few weeks away from possible relegation and people are worrying about club songs but then again if I'd gone I'd have moaned about the state of the ticket website and asked why you can't pick your seat for an away game which in the grand scheme of things is not a big deal to many people

I would expect/hope that he sits down either on one of the podcasts or with Clive possibly at the end of the season to answer what should be some difficult questions about where we are going and how we plan to get there

One thing with Hoos from the start was that i always felt he was open with the fans, tried to talk to as many as possible rather than the same people and although not many liked his answers it felt like he was being pretty open with us on most subjects

I totally agree about Hoos. I think for the first few seasons he was a huge and unusual breath of fresh air, was always open in communications, did not sugar coat it and told us as much as possible (even if he was proven wrong about the Loft end and he lapsed into a bit of a computer-says-no speak about any fan in stadium experience). He was badly wrung out by the final 18 months, understandably. His final communications all got a bit Lord Haw Haw though: the new chairman who has also retired to spend more time with his family in the US? You wot, m8?
New CEO meeting on 12:00 - Feb 28 with 1412 viewsHedged

Down vote away!

Not sure I follow you there. Are you saying that you would rather this meeting didn't happen? Or that you would have been okay with it if you were invited?

Or who at the meeting should have been invited instead that wasn't?

Bit of an exaggeration to call it a "secret meeting" because it wasn't live streamed. Already had NorthernR sharing on here what was discussed.

And it sounds like it's just the CEO getting the opinions of fans and contrary to your comment about secrecy it's the fans most unlikely to keep the meeting secret. As it's those mainly with Blogs, podcasts or bigger public personas like that copper Peter Bleaksley.

Think you are getting ahead of yourself and demanding/expecting way too much. Can you point to many other CEO's that have been doing interviews on the FFP releases? And did they say anything more than they are working to stay within it? What sort of info are you really expecting here that isn't already public? Think you need patience on that point

As for sharing plans and making promises in a way not already done on the interview when he joined. Well you can reasonably expect to wait for the summer on that so we can see what league we are in first!!!!

It's also not unreasonable for him to spend sometime at the club, doing meetings like this so he can make a real educated comment on what's working and what needs to change. Some of that change might involve some of our very large staff numbers losing their jobs perhaps. Those are decisions not to be taken lightly and there is an employment law process to follow also. Again it will be influenced by what league we are in next year

So just think you need to have a bit more patience. Be vigilant and cautious yeah. But there is no need to raise the alarm just yet. All we have to judge him on is the January window and looking at who has left the club since he got here like Ramsey. No warning signs for me yet
New CEO meeting on 12:06 - Feb 28 with 1347 viewsnumptydumpty

Tbh too much fans engagement is counter productive

Yes everyone wants their say and their way of doing things but first rule of any CEO is you have to be single minded. Do it your way and stick with that.

Most CEOs will not discuss all their ideas and way of doing things and engage with all, but employees are simply happy if the company is progressive and they get what they want from it.

Stable employment with chance of progression.

Football is no different

Stable football team with chance of progression

Appreciate football is a different beast and everyone wants to know everything.

If they listened to all and sundry we be down the swanny quick fast.

I don't mind them not disclosing contract lengths etc. You would not know that of work colleagues in the normal business world and I believe us keeping it within, gives us better bargaining positions with transfers etc Ie rivals are unaware of where we are at.

If they go down the quite transparent route which Hoos Ferdinand Bhatia did, all you will get when things go badly which they will sometimes, all you will get is loads people spouting this and that and other clubs thinking we are very messed up and an easy touch.

Yes am sure he is aware of the culture. He is an educated man and no doubt looks at forums such as this also, so he would know what fans think.

All we care about is a forward thinking club that's stable and doesn't lurch from one crisis to another.

Not opening up, gives your rivals no feedback to take advantage of and am all for it.

And who would have thought this transfer Window could happen.

Good start for me from Nourry.

Well done to him. If he carries on like this, for me he doesn't have to talk to any of us, no matter how important we think we are.

Everyone of us has an opinion buy listening to everyone is guaranteed way to fail.

Think myself, he has done everything in a positive way so far. Well done to him.

Fans forums myself are excruciating and a waste of time and as said he can take on people's ideas from reading forums. Every decision is weakened if its too transparent.
[Post edited 28 Feb 12:13]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

New CEO meeting on 12:29 - Feb 28 with 1256 viewsE15Hoop

Down vote away!

I think its something of an unjustified insult to put Jim Gregory in that list, TK!
Without him, we would never have the glory years of the 70's, plain and simple.
Look back at what and who QPR were before he came on board.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024