Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New CEO meeting 13:48 - Feb 27 with 16509 viewsTK1

I note from social media a small group of fans saying they were invited to a meeting with CEO Christian Nourry yesterday, subsequently drip-feeding info about it: he's fallen in love with QPR, we might change the pre-match music, he's got the best interests of club at heart, he really cares, etc etc...

Has very strong early Paladini vibes to it. Get a few fans onside, privately, tell them what they want to hear, no official club note made of it but message that is required to be spread gets out there.

It'll end in tears for all. Fans forums are excruciating, but the only way this kind of communication with fans can work, that and official interviews. I assume there'll be an LFW interview soon, hopefully from this event. But until then every fan at that meet is being played, just as all the season ticket holders not invited are.

New CEO meeting on 11:19 - Feb 29 with 2040 viewsNorthernr

New CEO meeting on 11:12 - Feb 29 by BrianMcCarthy

Agreed.

It's also a PR problem in waiting.

2024 - Player X has another year on his contract??? Cue fan explosion.
2025 - Player X has ANOTHER year on his contract??? Cue another fan explosion.

It's needless, and not very clever.

And deprives them of good news stories they desperately need - Armstrong signing a new contract would be good news.
New CEO meeting on 11:39 - Feb 29 with 1966 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

The notion that other clubs wouldn’t know players’ contract lengths because they haven’t been publicly announced is laughable. I can just see an agent on the phone to a Prem club saying ‘Sorry I couldn’t possibly tell you how long his contract lasts because their CEO gets a bit funny about this stuff. What’s that you’re pulling out and I won’t get my 5%? No worries. Loyalty and integrity are really big things for me.’

The only people that will be in the dark over contract lengths are the fans. Which - when considered in that light - makes it feel way more contemptuous than beneficial.
New CEO meeting on 11:44 - Feb 29 with 1933 viewsswisscottage

New CEO meeting on 11:39 - Feb 29 by Padulas_Shampoo

The notion that other clubs wouldn’t know players’ contract lengths because they haven’t been publicly announced is laughable. I can just see an agent on the phone to a Prem club saying ‘Sorry I couldn’t possibly tell you how long his contract lasts because their CEO gets a bit funny about this stuff. What’s that you’re pulling out and I won’t get my 5%? No worries. Loyalty and integrity are really big things for me.’

The only people that will be in the dark over contract lengths are the fans. Which - when considered in that light - makes it feel way more contemptuous than beneficial.

Unless there's an NDA included with the contract.
New CEO meeting on 11:50 - Feb 29 with 1913 viewsNorthernr

New CEO meeting on 11:44 - Feb 29 by swisscottage

Mate, come on, it's football. Everybody talks to everybody. There's no way that would sustain.
New CEO meeting on 11:50 - Feb 29 with 1912 viewsHoopsie

If the club does not divulge contract details, it make sense the next best source is the players’ agents

How are we sure the agents won’t lie, if there’s an advantage to gain - to the benefit or detriment to the club notwithstanding?

Either way, you could check Wikipedia, whether they are a source of truth (as if you trust the club nor the agent) it doesn’t matter, at least it is out there.

Lucas Andersen - contracted till 2025
Michael Frey - contracted till 2026
* we can assume is end June
[Post edited 29 Feb 11:51]

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

New CEO meeting on 11:51 - Feb 29 with 1900 viewsNorthernr

New CEO meeting on 11:50 - Feb 29 by Hoopsie

If the club does not divulge contract details, it make sense the next best source is the players’ agents

How are we sure the agents won’t lie, if there’s an advantage to gain - to the benefit or detriment to the club notwithstanding?

Either way, you could check Wikipedia, whether they are a source of truth (as if you trust the club nor the agent) it doesn’t matter, at least it is out there.

Lucas Andersen - contracted till 2025
Michael Frey - contracted till 2026
* we can assume is end June
[Post edited 29 Feb 11:51]

I wouldn't be relying on wikipedia for stuff like that. We managed to get into Patrick Agyemang's profile that his initial glut of goals at QPR was later attributed to a "tear in the fabric of reality" and it stayed there for years.
New CEO meeting on 11:52 - Feb 29 with 1893 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

They could put them in the treaty of Versailles and an agent would burn it to make a couple of quid. Come on now. And if they really were going down this route I’d imagine it’d pretty quickly act as a deterrent when signing players.
New CEO meeting on 11:55 - Feb 29 with 1881 viewsterryb

I'm not sure that an NDA is possible as the length of the contract is declared to the EFL & the FA.

Whether that puts it in the public domain I don't know, but I would suspect that information would be available to all clubs. Also the players agent is not employed by the club, so how could the club enforce it?
Login to get fewer ads

New CEO meeting on 12:14 - Feb 29 with 1823 viewsdmm

Do any other clubs try to hide player contract lengths and are they successful?
New CEO meeting on 12:17 - Feb 29 with 1809 viewsNorthernr

New CEO meeting on 12:14 - Feb 29 by dmm

Do any other clubs try to hide player contract lengths and are they successful?

Luton are trying.
I'm reading a lot of stories this week about who's signing Ross Barkley at the end of his contract this summer.
New CEO meeting on 12:33 - Feb 29 with 1741 viewsdaveB

New CEO meeting on 11:12 - Feb 29 by BrianMcCarthy

Agreed.

It's also a PR problem in waiting.

2024 - Player X has another year on his contract??? Cue fan explosion.
2025 - Player X has ANOTHER year on his contract??? Cue another fan explosion.

It's needless, and not very clever.

It works to their advantage as if you don't know Chris Willock is out of contract this summer it would be a hell of a shock to see him on the release list in May. When bright and Manning went if you look at the transfer fees people would have lost their minds if they hadn't known they were both out of contract which is why they went cheap.
Helped fans understand why Dieng and Dickie had to be sold as well last summer as they ere coming up to final year
New CEO meeting on 12:55 - Feb 29 with 1678 viewsPlanetHonneywood

We discussed this on another thread, and its unworkability and unsuitability.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

New CEO meeting on 12:57 - Feb 29 with 1671 viewsBrianMcCarthy

New CEO meeting on 11:19 - Feb 29 by Northernr

And deprives them of good news stories they desperately need - Armstrong signing a new contract would be good news.

Also true.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

New CEO meeting on 12:58 - Feb 29 with 1654 viewsBrianMcCarthy

New CEO meeting on 12:33 - Feb 29 by daveB

It works to their advantage as if you don't know Chris Willock is out of contract this summer it would be a hell of a shock to see him on the release list in May. When bright and Manning went if you look at the transfer fees people would have lost their minds if they hadn't known they were both out of contract which is why they went cheap.
Helped fans understand why Dieng and Dickie had to be sold as well last summer as they ere coming up to final year

Also also true.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

New CEO meeting on 13:54 - Feb 29 with 1498 viewsrbee

I attended a couple of Gianni Paladini's meetings back in the day, saw him giving gifts to fans, and I can see absolutely no comparisons to Gianni and Christian Nourry! Gianni was pretty much on his own at the club at the time and in my opinion, he was recruiting some allies and people to feed information through.

Any new recruits to the club whether it be management, players or backroom staff should be welcomed with positivity rather than negativity until enough time has passed for us to come to an informed opinion.

So far for me Christian Nourry has done very well, he did his due diligence on the club, as the club did on him, before accepting the job. He attended games, sat in different locations around the ground and so has already interacted with many fans. He told us that we would do nothing in the January transfer window and then worked tirelessly moving players out and surprising us with some quality signings. A far better pragmatic approach than promising signings and then delivering nothing.

Give the guy a break, this informal fans meeting was no secret and he invited the right people. I can understand the dislike of the term 'Superfan' but the people in attendance invest an awful lot of their time in to QPR so were the right people to attend. As all first meetings should be he sat and listened and promised to give everything thrown at him some consideration. I presume that someone was taking notes! Any fans feeling left out should contact Christian and ask to be invited to the next meeting. The players contracts thing is a minor issue because such things will never be kept secret.

I strongly agree that some younger fans should be invited. How I chuckle when I see Trevor Sinclair and Jamie Mackie mentioned in fans best ever QPR teams but younger fans can only include the players that they have seen play and are the club’s future. A room full of old bores like me waxing lyrical about our Stanley is not constructive.
New CEO meeting on 15:59 - Feb 29 with 1280 viewsconnell10

I just think Richard Thompson when I see him ...Mr Burns type Shudder!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

New CEO meeting on 17:58 - Feb 29 with 1073 viewsPunteR

I don't really get what all the fuss is about tbh.
Maybe I'm not as invested in the club as some. CEO meeting some of the more outspoken fans seems to me a positive rather than a negative.
As Clive has said a few times , time will tell how this pans out.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

New CEO meeting on 18:04 - Feb 29 with 1060 viewsnumptydumpty

New CEO meeting on 10:31 - Feb 29 by Northernr

I literally couldn't disagree any more with you, so I'm not sure there's a lot of point in getting into it. It gives you zero advantage. If Leeds want to know how long Sinclair Armstrong's contract is for they'll ask his agent, they don't get that information from the QPR official website.

I cannot believe after what the owners of our club did, and tried to do to it, through the 80s, 90s, 00s and more recently - mergers with other clubs, failed attempts to sell off the stadium, successful attempts to strip it from its training ground for personal profit, financial mismanagement leading to administration, gross incompetence leading us to where we are now - that the answer to that is we want less transparency, less of a say and less input. Look at what ownership has done at places like Sheff Wed, Reading, Derby, Oldham, Wigan etc. But, sure, let's just let them crack on completely unchecked, do what you want, we don't even want to know about it, don't tell us anything, we trust you. Masochistic.

The deals that the people running our club have done over the last three years around recruitment, retention and contracts have driven us to the brink of League One. We have mishandled the contracts of talented players like Samuel, Manning and Austin. We have handed out insane contracts to the likes of Adomah, Johansen, Hamalainen. This is why we're in the mess we're in. The people who made those decisions have all walked away from them - Ferdinand, Hoos, Fernandes, Bhatia, these people won't be going to Stockport with us next season. The fans have taken all of this in remarkable good humour, turning up in record numbers with barely a word of dissent. And the answer is please continue to do these deals, but tell us even less about them?

Sorry, not for me Clive.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Just responding to that.

You have gone into automatic default mode that because there is not transparency with everything so far, the man is out to shaft us.

As said there can be other benefits of keeping things quiet from lack of mass hysteria online for a start

And those people in the past that shafted us many were transparent anyhow. They didn't hide anything they did to a massive extent.

Can appreciate from your perspective Clive, you are a journalist and a fans forum administrator so lack of knowledge simply from that perspective means less

But just because certain aspects could be kept quiet why do we need automatically to assume that's for reasons that are dark and devious of intent.

They are running a business and ultimately if its a success going forwards all well and good and if that's helped by keeping certain decisions within, who cares. Employees rely on business leaders to make the correct decisions and that's all we need care about also.

Just because they not necessarily disclose their decisions which could actually be as fans have wanted ie you have had discussions and it was quoted he did appear to listen.

Paranoia can be a thing
[Post edited 29 Feb 18:11]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

New CEO meeting on 18:08 - Feb 29 with 1036 viewsNorthernr

New CEO meeting on 18:04 - Feb 29 by numptydumpty

Just responding to that.

You have gone into automatic default mode that because there is not transparency with everything so far, the man is out to shaft us.

As said there can be other benefits of keeping things quiet from lack of mass hysteria online for a start

And those people in the past that shafted us many were transparent anyhow. They didn't hide anything they did to a massive extent.

Can appreciate from your perspective Clive, you are a journalist and a fans forum administrator so lack of knowledge simply from that perspective means less

But just because certain aspects could be kept quiet why do we need automatically to assume that's for reasons that are dark and devious of intent.

They are running a business and ultimately if its a success going forwards all well and good and if that's helped by keeping certain decisions within, who cares. Employees rely on business leaders to make the correct decisions and that's all we need care about also.

Just because they not necessarily disclose their decisions which could actually be as fans have wanted ie you have had discussions and it was quoted he did appear to listen.

Paranoia can be a thing
[Post edited 29 Feb 18:11]

As can complacency.
New CEO meeting on 18:12 - Feb 29 with 998 viewsnumptydumpty

New CEO meeting on 18:08 - Feb 29 by Northernr

As can complacency.

Don't understand what you are saying there

If he doesn't disclose he will go down the bog standard way. There is no definite link either way

Very early days to already be p*ssed off with the guy and his approach
[Post edited 29 Feb 18:15]

New CEO meeting on 18:13 - Feb 29 with 993 viewsNorthernr

New CEO meeting on 18:12 - Feb 29 by numptydumpty

Don't understand what you are saying there

If he doesn't disclose he will go down the bog standard way. There is no definite link either way

Very early days to already be p*ssed off with the guy and his approach
[Post edited 29 Feb 18:15]

Well you're saying I'm potentially paranoid, I'm saying you're potentially complacent.

I haven't said I'm pissd off with the guy, he's been here 2 minutes, I'm saying I disagree with him about this and explaining why.

This post has been edited by an administrator
New CEO meeting on 18:16 - Feb 29 with 980 viewsnumptydumpty

Am not sure what you are meaning by complacent

I am saying give him a chance of doing it his way

I obviously myself don't know how things will go but am hopeful

I believe the late window dealings were a success but who knows at the moment.

Am prepared to give him a go. He has been employed I would assume to enhance and improve our club and that's where we are at
[Post edited 29 Feb 18:23]

New CEO meeting on 19:14 - Feb 29 with 861 viewsdaveB

New CEO meeting on 18:16 - Feb 29 by numptydumpty

Am not sure what you are meaning by complacent

I am saying give him a chance of doing it his way

I obviously myself don't know how things will go but am hopeful

I believe the late window dealings were a success but who knows at the moment.

Am prepared to give him a go. He has been employed I would assume to enhance and improve our club and that's where we are at
[Post edited 29 Feb 18:23]

I think everyone is prepared to give him a go but I'm with Clive in finding this whole keep contracts secret thing a bit weird, there is no real advantage we are getting by doing this

My concern is if we're going to hide from fans something that never been an issue before what else is going to be kept from us and when the ceo is talking about multi club ownership that kind of thing (more general than in reference to us at the moment) I think it's right to be wary of where this is going
New CEO meeting on 19:41 - Feb 29 with 811 viewsDorse

What is his track record regarding the destruction of children's television outdoor spaces? We demand answers!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

New CEO meeting on 19:45 - Feb 29 with 799 viewsrbee

Currently I think the Secret Contract thing is simply an issue that Christian picked up on and got a little obssessed with, nothing more, it happens to us all.

I am sure that after listening to Clive in the meeting and giving it further consideration common sense will prevail.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024