Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread 21:09 - Mar 7 with 23192 viewsSpaceman_P

After our tremendous performance last night and my subsequent non-loss in the match thread stakes.

It's that time again!!! yep, the match thread... If we lose, I will leave them for the remaining part of the season and someone else can try their luck.

But given the confidence and general good vibes since the reign of the Marti, the Calm and the Holy Hodge, we've got this.

QPR 2 - BORO(ING) 1

Goals coming from Willock if he starts and Frey or Dykes if either of them starts.

Are you guys as hot n boro'ed as I am right now or is the room feeling a bit Marti.

ONWARDS

Paul

[Post edited 7 Mar 21:13]
Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 16:41 - Mar 9 with 2507 viewsrbee

How did that beat Begovic??

Talk about two steps forward, two steps back. Another false dawn when we were feeling so confident. Result, not performance, is as bad as Stoke away.

I must admit I was confident about today but not overly confident as there is still a question mark over our home form. Expecting something better next week.
Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 16:41 - Mar 9 with 2523 viewsQPunkR

One of those rare good crosses from Paul Smyth but no-one there

QPR - "shit but local"

Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 16:42 - Mar 9 with 2471 viewsstainrods_elbow

Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 16:36 - Mar 9 by Malintabuk

Well that is that, mass exodus around me as people leave. Very disappointing, but though disappointed this as been a really tough week for the team, after Leicester, West Brom and now a very good Boro.
Week off and let's hope that Hudds loose tomorrow to keep us out the bottom 3

Even if Udders draw tomorrow, we're still outside the bottom 3 on GD.

1 win, 1 draw and 1 (likely) defeat from three tough games is not everything we wanted, nor everything we needed, but it's decent, competitive and keeps us in the hunt. We could do with Preston to get a late winner against Stoke, but Brum, Millwall, Blackburn and Plymouth keeps the relegation pack together at least.
[Post edited 9 Mar 16:45]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 16:43 - Mar 9 with 2391 viewsderbyhoop

Our egergyblevels are non existent.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 16:44 - Mar 9 with 2355 viewsQPunkR

We've just completely lost it now. This game could go on for another three weeks and Dieng wouldn't have to make a save

QPR - "shit but local"

Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 16:46 - Mar 9 with 2184 viewsQPunkR

We played so well first half without really looking like scoring and I feared we wouldn't be able to reproduce it second half but it's like we subbed on 10 inferior players for the second half (with the honourable exception of Jimmy Cafu, who's continuing his surprising but inexorable run to the next Brazil world cup squad)

QPR - "shit but local"

Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 16:47 - Mar 9 with 2115 viewsSpaceman_P

Jimmy Cafu man of the match for me.

Fortunately at the moment as I type other results aren't the worst.
Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 16:48 - Mar 9 with 2072 viewsSpaceman_P

stoke just scored!!
Login to get fewer ads

Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 16:48 - Mar 9 with 2041 viewsted_hendrix

Stoke winning

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 16:48 - Mar 9 with 2015 viewsstainrods_elbow

Stoke now 2-1 at Preston, ffs. (Don't shoot the messenger!)

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 16:51 - Mar 9 with 1860 viewsjoolsyp

Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 16:46 - Mar 9 by QPunkR

We played so well first half without really looking like scoring and I feared we wouldn't be able to reproduce it second half but it's like we subbed on 10 inferior players for the second half (with the honourable exception of Jimmy Cafu, who's continuing his surprising but inexorable run to the next Brazil world cup squad)

We played well first half but needed to take one of those half-chances. We started the second half poorly, Boro pressed us higher up the pitch and we sat deep, pissballed about and couldn't break their press. I'd have liked to see Armstrong on rather than Dykes for the out ball. Oh well, we go again I suppose. 4 points from 9 after such a great start to the week a big disappointment. Definitely not good at these 3 game weeks!
Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 16:52 - Mar 9 with 1781 viewsDamo1962

If we are hopefully still in the Championship next season, we simply cannot start it with the strikers we have now. Oh and a new keeper by the sounds. Still,win,draw and lose the next nine matches... should be enough. Could go to the last fixture mind you.
Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 16:52 - Mar 9 with 1715 viewsted_hendrix

Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 16:48 - Mar 9 by ted_hendrix

Stoke winning

Millwall too.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 16:53 - Mar 9 with 1713 viewsMetallica_Hoop

We looked tired (not surprised) and Boro defended well.

Hopefully we can recharge.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 16:55 - Mar 9 with 1532 viewskarlski

am i harsh for thinking Begovic could have done better for both goals? reaction time
Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 16:55 - Mar 9 with 1519 viewsSpaceman_P

Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 16:52 - Mar 9 by ted_hendrix

Millwall too.

that's worse news than us losing.
Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 16:55 - Mar 9 with 1504 viewsNed_Kennedys

WTF was that Rangers??
Gutless, flat, played like an end of season game.
How Willock stayed on is beyond me: the substitutions were poor today.
Boro strolled through that game: won’t have an easier win all season.
Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 16:56 - Mar 9 with 1484 viewsrbee

I was concerned that we didn't convert all of our first half possession in to chances but I didn't envisage 'Boro scoring. As I say a question mark over our home form but we go again next week, there was a response after that Stoke defeat.
Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 16:56 - Mar 9 with 1490 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Get that useless Chelsea **** out of our team.
Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 16:56 - Mar 9 with 1492 viewsjoolsyp

Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 16:55 - Mar 9 by karlski

am i harsh for thinking Begovic could have done better for both goals? reaction time

Honestly think Seny would have saved both of those :-(
Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 16:59 - Mar 9 with 1388 viewsBurnleyhoop

No quality whatsoever in that second half. When no one has a good game we invariably lose.

Really poor defending for that second goal, all 3 centre halves walked in the direction of the guy crossing the ball and left the man at the back post totally unmarked.

Back down to earth with a bump.
Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 16:59 - Mar 9 with 1376 viewsQPunkR

Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 16:51 - Mar 9 by joolsyp

We played well first half but needed to take one of those half-chances. We started the second half poorly, Boro pressed us higher up the pitch and we sat deep, pissballed about and couldn't break their press. I'd have liked to see Armstrong on rather than Dykes for the out ball. Oh well, we go again I suppose. 4 points from 9 after such a great start to the week a big disappointment. Definitely not good at these 3 game weeks!

The game was 100% calling out for Sinclair rather than donkey Dykes. We certainly didn't lose because of the Scotstrailian but equally I'd be amazed if anyone could prove to me he touched the ball more than twice or stretched their defence in any way

QPR - "shit but local"

Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 17:02 - Mar 9 with 1252 viewsHarbour

The curse of the 3 game week strikes again…fingers x we do better next week very tight at the bottom…wall doing us a favour need WBA tommorow to win and Brum to lose to Boro Tuesday
Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 17:07 - Mar 9 with 1127 viewsPunteR

Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 16:55 - Mar 9 by karlski

That's what crossed my mind.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 17:10 - Mar 9 with 1053 viewsBenny_the_Ball

After the lord mayor's show. Lacking in energy from the start and the subs did little to change that. Pivotal moment for me was Smyth going round Seny but not taking the chance. Moments later Boro go ahead. We never looked like getting back into it after that. The upcoming 6 pointers against Plymouth and Birmingham now looking big. Players need to rest up, recuperate, and bounce back.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024