Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unbelievable 06:48 - Mar 30 with 1596 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Join The Dugout Club, only £5k per ticket for Chelsea v Man Utd. WTF!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/mar/29/you-dont-know-what-youre-doing-
Unbelievable on 07:09 - Mar 30 with 1514 viewsPlanetHonneywood

None of this is a surprise to any of us, and plenty fans identified just how football was going to unfurl years ago. I think, given both FFP and the prospect of relegation (something Yanks are clueless about) means much of the premiership's foundations are built on sand.

This presents a club like QPR a very real opportunity to capitalise on the marginalisation many true and proper fans feel around the country. The key in my view, is not to forget or take for granted the folks who stuck with you through the lean times, and not seek to fleece or replace them with tourists.

If I were a club like Ipswich and got promoted to the Prem, I'd merely say to the fans who had STs throughout their years in the third tier, next year's ST is on us! The lost revenue would be dwarfed by the TV and ad revenue, and the goodwill generated.

As for Chelsea....fcuk 'em!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Unbelievable on 07:22 - Mar 30 with 1464 viewsRs_Holy

Unbelievable on 07:30 - Mar 30 with 1437 viewsThe_Beast1976

Unbelievable on 07:09 - Mar 30 by PlanetHonneywood

None of this is a surprise to any of us, and plenty fans identified just how football was going to unfurl years ago. I think, given both FFP and the prospect of relegation (something Yanks are clueless about) means much of the premiership's foundations are built on sand.

This presents a club like QPR a very real opportunity to capitalise on the marginalisation many true and proper fans feel around the country. The key in my view, is not to forget or take for granted the folks who stuck with you through the lean times, and not seek to fleece or replace them with tourists.

If I were a club like Ipswich and got promoted to the Prem, I'd merely say to the fans who had STs throughout their years in the third tier, next year's ST is on us! The lost revenue would be dwarfed by the TV and ad revenue, and the goodwill generated.

As for Chelsea....fcuk 'em!

Agree with all of this.

I even brought some youngish fans (early 20s) of Premiershit clubs to HQ once last year and they basically said "wow, this is what a football crowd should be like"
Unbelievable on 07:34 - Mar 30 with 1419 viewsGroveR

Unbelievable on 07:22 - Mar 30 by Rs_Holy

That was quite a sweet date but after dropping four hundred notes I'd definitely be expecting sex at the end of the night.
Unbelievable on 07:43 - Mar 30 with 1374 viewsBluce_Ree

That's a good post, PH. I agree that there is an opportunity for us to try to be the 'People's Club' of West London. Although I'm not sure I want an influx of disgruntled Chelsea fans anywhere near our pristine palace of football perfection.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Unbelievable on 07:59 - Mar 30 with 1310 viewsDannyPaddox

Close to mutiny? Chelsea fans have always been revolting.
Unbelievable on 08:10 - Mar 30 with 1262 viewsSpaceman_P

Unbelievable on 07:30 - Mar 30 by The_Beast1976

Agree with all of this.

I even brought some youngish fans (early 20s) of Premiershit clubs to HQ once last year and they basically said "wow, this is what a football crowd should be like"

and that was last year, imagine if you bought them yesterday.
Unbelievable on 08:17 - Mar 30 with 1243 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Unbelievable on 07:43 - Mar 30 by Bluce_Ree

That's a good post, PH. I agree that there is an opportunity for us to try to be the 'People's Club' of West London. Although I'm not sure I want an influx of disgruntled Chelsea fans anywhere near our pristine palace of football perfection.

I don't think died in the wool fans would come in their droves.

If we had become Briatore's vision of a boutique whore of a club, charging £125 a match, and offering wine tasting and Shakespearian vignettes as halftime entertainment in the Flavio Caeser Suite (brought to you in association with Louis Vuitton) would you now be going to say, Brentford with the same gusto?

I suspect not! Indeed, I could see you pursuing more healthier lifestyle pursuits, delivering greater and guaranteed enjoyment at fair pricing, without the angst occasioned by being a member of the Rfosi bretheren, as opposed to trying to engage in meloncholy debates about Terry Hurlock.

If I were sat in front of Nourryspeak, my powerpoint - because lets face facts, he'd want one - would be going all in on the 'keeping it real' mantra, as espoused by Olly 'this is a proper club', and how this would manifest itself in greater above the median line longterm fan retention and brand (I'll throw that word in to tickle his gonads) loyalty.

Forget Big Dave from the Mathew Harding Stand, because the fat caant ain't coming, it would be an anathema to his core values to admit defeat and head to Loftus Road and hear us prattle on about Kerry Dixon's missed penalty (last seen heading for Jupiter) and what a vvanker John Terry is. Instead, focus on the as yet, undecided, but want a club that's not motivated by Johnny-come-lately,-disappear-tout suite-types.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!

Login to get fewer ads

Unbelievable on 08:25 - Mar 30 with 1218 viewsKerryE

Unbelievable on 08:17 - Mar 30 by PlanetHonneywood

I don't think died in the wool fans would come in their droves.

If we had become Briatore's vision of a boutique whore of a club, charging £125 a match, and offering wine tasting and Shakespearian vignettes as halftime entertainment in the Flavio Caeser Suite (brought to you in association with Louis Vuitton) would you now be going to say, Brentford with the same gusto?

I suspect not! Indeed, I could see you pursuing more healthier lifestyle pursuits, delivering greater and guaranteed enjoyment at fair pricing, without the angst occasioned by being a member of the Rfosi bretheren, as opposed to trying to engage in meloncholy debates about Terry Hurlock.

If I were sat in front of Nourryspeak, my powerpoint - because lets face facts, he'd want one - would be going all in on the 'keeping it real' mantra, as espoused by Olly 'this is a proper club', and how this would manifest itself in greater above the median line longterm fan retention and brand (I'll throw that word in to tickle his gonads) loyalty.

Forget Big Dave from the Mathew Harding Stand, because the fat caant ain't coming, it would be an anathema to his core values to admit defeat and head to Loftus Road and hear us prattle on about Kerry Dixon's missed penalty (last seen heading for Jupiter) and what a vvanker John Terry is. Instead, focus on the as yet, undecided, but want a club that's not motivated by Johnny-come-lately,-disappear-tout suite-types.

I think they want to turn Prem into F1 type set up.
Unbelievable on 08:41 - Mar 30 with 1173 viewsDWQPR

Was watching a video on YouTube made by a Newcastle fans about the expansion of SJP. he explained that at this time the club is stuck with the Grade 2 listed Leazes Terrace behind one of the stands. He also spoke of a conversation he had with a season ticket holding counsellor who happened to live in Leazes Terrace who stated that many Prem clubs are now looking at optimising their ground capacity rather than maximising it. The article about North Battersea SS charging £5k to sit behind a bunch of egotistical money grabbing bang average footballers sexting to numerous females whilst 11 of their so called colleagues slouch around the pitch waiting for the ref to call time is a prime example of this. One £5k ticket sold to some nomark tourist is the equivalent of 185 adult tickets sold at HQ.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Unbelievable on 12:06 - Mar 30 with 957 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Unbelievable on 08:25 - Mar 30 by KerryE

I think they want to turn Prem into F1 type set up.

What, utterly, utterly dull and vapid?

Well, they're well on the road to it.

Fcuk 'em!

Unbelievable on 18:23 - Mar 30 with 742 viewsRs_Holy

Unbelievable on 07:59 - Mar 30 by DannyPaddox

Close to mutiny? Chelsea fans have always been revolting.

Even more revolting this evening after failing to beat 10 man Burnley
Unbelievable on 18:56 - Mar 30 with 674 viewsstowmarketrange

Unbelievable on 18:23 - Mar 30 by Rs_Holy

Even more revolting this evening after failing to beat 10 man Burnley

And Burnley had chances to win the game too,with 10 men,9 men,8 men went to laugh at chelshite.
Unbelievable on 20:13 - Mar 30 with 567 viewsMrSheen

£1,250 a goal makes it seem more reasonable. Certainly comparable to front stall seats at a West End show (if they include a hand job from the leading lady/man).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024