Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That tackle by Clarke Salter 19:03 - Mar 30 with 6340 viewsSpineyCapers

I need to see it again. Anyone found a clip? A work of art. He just gets better every game.
That tackle by Clarke Salter on 14:43 - Apr 3 with 1139 viewsconnell10

That tackle by Clarke Salter on 22:21 - Apr 2 by Benny_the_Ball

JCS apparently starting to attract attention from the likes of Celtic, Palace and Wolves.

https://insidefutbol.com/2024/04/02/celtic-make-tentative-contact-to-weigh-up-su

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/celtic-news-bulletin-jake-clarke-32

He's under contract until 2026 so QPR should hopefully command a healthy fee.

4 million with a good sell on clause ? I've got no idea what he is worth , so just a guess.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

That tackle by Clarke Salter on 14:45 - Apr 3 with 1129 viewsconnell10

That tackle by Clarke Salter on 14:23 - Apr 3 by loftboy

However much I want our best players to stay, we have to take top money whilst the players are performing or risk a Dickie situation where his value drops.

Agree mate and his injury record isn't to great , I'd definitely cash in.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

That tackle by Clarke Salter on 15:51 - Apr 3 with 1047 viewsderbyhoop

However much I want our best players to stay, we have to take top money whilst the players are performing or risk a Dickie situation where his value drops.

Have to agree.
What is "top money" for a 26 yo Championship defender, with a year to run on his contract?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

That tackle by Clarke Salter on 16:40 - Apr 3 with 1018 viewsderbyhoop

Have to agree.
What is "top money" for a 26 yo Championship defender, with a year to run on his contract?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

That tackle by Clarke Salter on 16:47 - Apr 3 with 981 viewsLazyFan

If clubs want him for £5m we should sell. I think he's worth £10m, but no club will pay that anymore.

He's a great player, but we know what happens when we don't sell when they are at the top of their value.
They either go for nothing (Smyth, Willock), or we sell them for almost nothing (Manning, Dickie, BoS) or they get injured and cannot sell em (Willock again).

We sold D.Furlong, Freeman, Ingram, Scowen, Eze, de Wij and Deing for decent monies, and we have been able to replace them. So, we need to sell when their stock is high. In JCS case, before he gets injured again.

We also sold Todd Kane to Cov, so there are some impressive deals we have done :)

zzzzzzzzzz

That tackle by Clarke Salter on 17:36 - Apr 3 with 893 viewsQPunkR

That tackle by Clarke Salter on 16:47 - Apr 3 by LazyFan

If clubs want him for £5m we should sell. I think he's worth £10m, but no club will pay that anymore.

He's a great player, but we know what happens when we don't sell when they are at the top of their value.
They either go for nothing (Smyth, Willock), or we sell them for almost nothing (Manning, Dickie, BoS) or they get injured and cannot sell em (Willock again).

We sold D.Furlong, Freeman, Ingram, Scowen, Eze, de Wij and Deing for decent monies, and we have been able to replace them. So, we need to sell when their stock is high. In JCS case, before he gets injured again.

We also sold Todd Kane to Cov, so there are some impressive deals we have done :)

Have to agree with this. Wouldn't choose to lose this season's version of JCS but as Clive has outlined innumerable times, we need to get back to the plan of selling players when we can maximise profits for them

QPR - "shit but local"

That tackle by Clarke Salter on 18:27 - Apr 3 with 841 viewsBenny_the_Ball

That tackle by Clarke Salter on 15:51 - Apr 3 by derbyhoop

Have to agree.

He has 2 years remaining on his contract so should command a healthy fee.
That tackle by Clarke Salter on 18:35 - Apr 3 with 826 viewsBenny_the_Ball

That tackle by Clarke Salter on 06:52 - Apr 3 by JamesB1979

Why rightly so? He got injured. Before he came here he had injury concerns. I think questions on his character were wrong. He just needed to get fit.

I think questioning his character is a bit strong. For the most part the feeling was we had a player who'd shown glimpses of talent but, unfortunately, was prone to injury. This season he's shown exactly what he's capable of when injury free. My heart would like JCS to notice the direction of travel under Marti (both personally and collectively), and extend his contract in the summer. If he doesn't extend, then my head says avoid a repeat of the mistakes made with Manning, BOS, and (potentially) Willock, and cash in.
Login to get fewer ads

That tackle by Clarke Salter on 19:10 - Apr 3 with 757 viewsQPunkR

That tackle by Clarke Salter on 18:35 - Apr 3 by Benny_the_Ball

I think questioning his character is a bit strong. For the most part the feeling was we had a player who'd shown glimpses of talent but, unfortunately, was prone to injury. This season he's shown exactly what he's capable of when injury free. My heart would like JCS to notice the direction of travel under Marti (both personally and collectively), and extend his contract in the summer. If he doesn't extend, then my head says avoid a repeat of the mistakes made with Manning, BOS, and (potentially) Willock, and cash in.

There were definitely questions about his character on here, from me as well as many others. At the time he was lumped in with the 'Beale babies' who downed tools after the tool left.

Very happy to have seen how he's upped his game (and fitness) massively this season, or at least in the past few months. Long may it continue!

QPR - "shit but local"

That tackle by Clarke Salter on 02:03 - Apr 4 with 602 viewsBenny_the_Ball

That tackle by Clarke Salter on 19:10 - Apr 3 by QPunkR

There were definitely questions about his character on here, from me as well as many others. At the time he was lumped in with the 'Beale babies' who downed tools after the tool left.

Very happy to have seen how he's upped his game (and fitness) massively this season, or at least in the past few months. Long may it continue!

From you, perhaps, but that doesn't equate to "many others". You don't speak for everyone.

JCS wasn't lumped in with 'Beale's babies' as he came to QPR with a patchy injury and that continued under Beale. To down a tool you have to be holding it in the first place.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2:08]
That tackle by Clarke Salter on 02:20 - Apr 4 with 593 viewsSydneyRs

That tackle by Clarke Salter on 22:21 - Apr 2 by Benny_the_Ball

JCS apparently starting to attract attention from the likes of Celtic, Palace and Wolves.

https://insidefutbol.com/2024/04/02/celtic-make-tentative-contact-to-weigh-up-su

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/celtic-news-bulletin-jake-clarke-32

He's under contract until 2026 so QPR should hopefully command a healthy fee.

Celtic have been ropey at the back this season and already have an injury prone three letter CB, Cameron Carter-Vickers or CCV as he's known. Similar to JCS in that he's excellent when fit but has been out with injury a number of times.
[Post edited 4 Apr 8:15]
That tackle by Clarke Salter on 04:14 - Apr 4 with 561 viewsQuillPenRiot

That tackle by Clarke Salter on 02:03 - Apr 4 by Benny_the_Ball

From you, perhaps, but that doesn't equate to "many others". You don't speak for everyone.

JCS wasn't lumped in with 'Beale's babies' as he came to QPR with a patchy injury and that continued under Beale. To down a tool you have to be holding it in the first place.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2:08]

Harsh interpretation, take it easy

JCS did come from Beale, he did have an injury history which is why we could afford him. Not everyone is pure evil, well maybe there are a few, but Beale did good when he got JCS. Beale absolutely can go play with himself out of sight of humanity for ever as far as I’m concerned, but don’t let emotion entirely get in the way of rational observation
That tackle by Clarke Salter on 06:12 - Apr 4 with 533 viewsSimplyNico

Sell. He might blow up next season. Think what happened with Dickie and Dieng.

Think also what the proceeds might do with further Eze money and the current manager.
That tackle by Clarke Salter on 15:07 - Apr 5 with 343 viewsBenny_the_Ball

That tackle by Clarke Salter on 04:14 - Apr 4 by QuillPenRiot

Harsh interpretation, take it easy

JCS did come from Beale, he did have an injury history which is why we could afford him. Not everyone is pure evil, well maybe there are a few, but Beale did good when he got JCS. Beale absolutely can go play with himself out of sight of humanity for ever as far as I’m concerned, but don’t let emotion entirely get in the way of rational observation

I'm perfectly calm, thank you. Perhaps if you took the emotion out of it you'd actually see that we're pretty much on the same page.

The "Beale's babies" tag wasn't simply a moniker applied to any player signed by Beale. It was aimed specifically at those players he brought in, were performing well under his tenure, but then dropped off a cliff after he left.

I don't include JCS in that group. He wasn't playing regularly in the first place, therefore can't be accused of downing tools when Beale left.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024