Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea Away Reflection 18:38 - Apr 1 with 2621 viewsbluenwhite10

Great start to the game by Rangers and totally in control for say the 1st 20mins.

The middle of the game was a total non event.

We scored and then hung onto the end and that was expected as Swansea always have lots of possession.

Bringing Frey on to see out a game was laughable.

The luxury of where we are at the moment is that we have a little bit of strength in depth and with that in mind and after a game on Friday Marti made some changes to keep things fresh and maybe look forward to the games ahead v Wednesday and Plymouth and being able to do that will maybe help us get those 2 wins maybe to see us safe.

The game will be forgotten in days but the 3 points will always be there on show and that is all that counts.

Marti got I right today and well done to the boys. MOM today Clark-Salter.

Come on you R’s
Swansea Away Reflection on 18:42 - Apr 1 with 2552 viewsBoston

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Swansea Away Reflection on 19:06 - Apr 1 with 2404 viewsrichpr

Swansea Away Reflection on 18:42 - Apr 1 by Boston

Thank god he is not our manager. Fell asleep after 20 seconds.
Swansea Away Reflection on 19:19 - Apr 1 with 2266 viewsBoston

Swansea Away Reflection on 19:06 - Apr 1 by richpr

Thank god he is not our manager. Fell asleep after 20 seconds.

That's a bit rich.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Swansea Away Reflection on 19:21 - Apr 1 with 2232 viewsrbee

Interested to know what Chair and the Swansea player were discussing after we scored.
Swansea Away Reflection on 23:43 - Apr 1 with 1767 viewsalexferguson60

Decision to bring Frey on was more defensive IMOH. Getting another big body there for opposing set pieces .

Had Armstrong put in a earlier, Frey was on his own from 7 yards out.
Swansea Away Reflection on 08:50 - Apr 2 with 1321 viewsstowmarketrange

Well worth the 19 hour round trip to see us pick up the 3 points,despite all the trouble on the trains.
A bit nervy at times during the game though.
Swansea Away Reflection on 10:07 - Apr 2 with 1159 viewsderbyhoop

He can talk about missed chances, but Smyth might have scored early, Chair should have done; Begovic made 2 big saves at end of 1st half and 2 comfortable ones in 2nd. Hitting the woodwork counts as a Missed Attempt.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Swansea Away Reflection on 10:19 - Apr 2 with 1089 viewsdaveB

He's done a pretty good job at Swansea so far, they were miles better than the rabble we faced back in September
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea Away Reflection on 10:32 - Apr 2 with 1023 viewsStanisgod

Didn't think Swansea were in it until 5 minutes before half time.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Swansea Away Reflection on 10:52 - Apr 2 with 979 viewsDorse

Swansea Away Reflection on 19:21 - Apr 1 by rbee

Interested to know what Chair and the Swansea player were discussing after we scored.

I believe they were comparing AJ Ayer's use of 'bliks' with Wittgenstein's 'sprachspiel' theory of language. Probably.

Edit - knew something was bothering me about this bit. It was RM Hare not AJ Ayer. 'Well don't I feel like the fcukin' asshole...' (Jack Nicholson). Broke my own golden rule - never do philosophy jokes sober.
[Post edited 2 Apr 12:39]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Swansea Away Reflection on 11:08 - Apr 2 with 920 viewsW4Hoop

Swansea Away Reflection on 10:52 - Apr 2 by Dorse

I believe they were comparing AJ Ayer's use of 'bliks' with Wittgenstein's 'sprachspiel' theory of language. Probably.

Edit - knew something was bothering me about this bit. It was RM Hare not AJ Ayer. 'Well don't I feel like the fcukin' asshole...' (Jack Nicholson). Broke my own golden rule - never do philosophy jokes sober.
[Post edited 2 Apr 12:39]

I trust that Chair took Ayer's side - always thought Wittgenstein's later work lacked rigour.
Swansea Away Reflection on 11:24 - Apr 2 with 864 viewsDorse

Swansea Away Reflection on 11:08 - Apr 2 by W4Hoop

I trust that Chair took Ayer's side - always thought Wittgenstein's later work lacked rigour.

Chair isn't a noted logical positivist but, on this occasion, he felt that Wittgenstein's arguments lapsed into relativism, negating the entire concept of objective meaning.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Swansea Away Reflection on 11:58 - Apr 2 with 751 viewsGroveR

Swansea Away Reflection on 23:43 - Apr 1 by alexferguson60

Decision to bring Frey on was more defensive IMOH. Getting another big body there for opposing set pieces .

Had Armstrong put in a earlier, Frey was on his own from 7 yards out.

It's a little thing in the game overall but Fox put Frey into space on the left wing with one defender between him and Armstrong in the middle, who had the freedom of South Wales between him and the keeper. Frey tries the outside of the right boot. Frey hits said defender.

Now it's entirely possible that Sincs muffs it if it ever gets to him but we'll never know. What grippeth my shìtteth is seeing a professional footballer trying a bad pass with his strong foot rather than an easy pass with his weaker foot. Those outside of the boot passes look great if you're Ronaldinho or Taraabt and they come off. When they don't you look glaringly one-footed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024