Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away support 13:30 - Apr 3 with 4640 viewsRangersw12

Unbelievable again

Away support on 13:57 - Apr 3 with 3603 viewscolinallcars

Yes indeed. A lengthy journey and midweek.
Well done everyone.
Away support on 14:43 - Apr 3 with 3442 viewsJPC

I’ll be making a 2 day trip for this with my sons. Any recommended pubs?
Away support on 15:16 - Apr 3 with 3347 viewsstowmarketrange

Away support on 14:43 - Apr 3 by JPC

Check out the football ground guide website for away pubs.There are too many to list on here for my one fingered typing to cope with,and I can’t do links or photos as a dinosaur.They have a list with addresses too for you.
Away support on 08:07 - Apr 4 with 2830 viewswestberksr

was toying with this but need to factor in charging electric vehicle; 1st world problems!

bloody long way to Plymuff for a midweek; possible overnight stay will be a bit more relaxed.
Away support on 08:23 - Apr 4 with 2785 viewsnix

I'm going with my little gang of three of us. Decided to stay in nice hotel as it's not much more expensive than a peak price Premier Inn so doing it in style.

Also going to Hull provided the rail 'service' obliges.
Away support on 11:43 - Apr 4 with 2582 viewsHayesender

Only 40 tickets left for Plymouth

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Away support on 11:51 - Apr 4 with 2548 viewsdmm

Many have said it before, but I'll say it again; our fans have been absolutely first class this season, particularly when we're away. Full respect to you my fellow Rs.
Away support on 12:07 - Apr 4 with 2490 viewsGaryBannister86

Away support on 11:51 - Apr 4 by dmm

Many have said it before, but I'll say it again; our fans have been absolutely first class this season, particularly when we're away. Full respect to you my fellow Rs.

The turnouts at home have been unbelievable too - our average home attendance is bigger than for all seasons this century apart from the 3 premier league ones....
Login to get fewer ads

Away support on 12:31 - Apr 4 with 2403 viewsAntti_Heinola

I'd love to put my finger on why attendances have been so good. We've barely won at home, and although there's some sort of feelgood factor at the moment, that hasn't always been the case this season. Walk up prices are not cheap. The football, even when we've played well, has not been the best (WBA was our best performance of the season at home, and we didn't even win). I guess they might have been lower under Gaz, but credit to Marti that he's inspired so many to regularly turn up.

Bare bones.

Away support on 12:44 - Apr 4 with 2319 viewsParkRoyalR

Away support on 12:31 - Apr 4 by Antti_Heinola

I'd love to put my finger on why attendances have been so good. We've barely won at home, and although there's some sort of feelgood factor at the moment, that hasn't always been the case this season. Walk up prices are not cheap. The football, even when we've played well, has not been the best (WBA was our best performance of the season at home, and we didn't even win). I guess they might have been lower under Gaz, but credit to Marti that he's inspired so many to regularly turn up.

Our numbers tend to pick up when we're in the mire,
Our fans realise the team needs them at times like this season,
Plus definitely more football tourists in London of a weekend now who probably pick up a Championship & Premier League game on their trip; very noticeable at Millwall too, probably as we're both easy to get to from Central London.
Away support on 12:47 - Apr 4 with 2315 viewsdaveB

think it's a number of things, a lot of Saturday 3pm games helps, most of the games have something riding on them, every home game in 2024 has felt like a big one but you are right it is a bit of a mystery why we are selling out every week
Away support on 12:52 - Apr 4 with 2277 viewswestberksr

Away support on 08:07 - Apr 4 by westberksr

was toying with this but need to factor in charging electric vehicle; 1st world problems!

bloody long way to Plymuff for a midweek; possible overnight stay will be a bit more relaxed.

a fack it; bought a ticket and worry about the charging on the way. Will leave home early (only a 3 hour trip for me) and get juiced up on the way

my only other away day this year was Brizzle, so the west country has been lucky so far
Away support on 13:17 - Apr 4 with 2197 viewsJuzzie

Away support on 12:07 - Apr 4 by GaryBannister86

The turnouts at home have been unbelievable too - our average home attendance is bigger than for all seasons this century apart from the 3 premier league ones....

QPR v Birmingham - 17,170

Next day, Brentford v Man Utd - 17,138
Away support on 13:21 - Apr 4 with 2173 viewsRanger_Things

Misery loves company.
Away support on 13:38 - Apr 4 with 2085 viewsGaryBannister86

Absolutely, it's inexplicable really in that 4,000 - 5,000 more people are turning up to watch Dykes, Frey and Begovic rather than the days of Les, Wilkins and Stejskal.

The only obvious change is that all our local rivals are now constantly sold out in the Premier League, so the argument that we pick up more floating fans than ever before seems strong. You tend to notice that, though, and I can't say I have?

That also doesn't match up with the fact that our away numbers are now consistently larger than ever before. Yes, we had the odd bumper away day, but I can't remember such sustained large followings.

Imagine if we had a decent ground, larger capacity and good facilities. Or some better players!
Away support on 13:51 - Apr 4 with 2012 viewsHayesender

And they're gone

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Away support on 13:59 - Apr 4 with 1976 viewsdutch

Away support on 13:38 - Apr 4 by GaryBannister86

Absolutely, it's inexplicable really in that 4,000 - 5,000 more people are turning up to watch Dykes, Frey and Begovic rather than the days of Les, Wilkins and Stejskal.

The only obvious change is that all our local rivals are now constantly sold out in the Premier League, so the argument that we pick up more floating fans than ever before seems strong. You tend to notice that, though, and I can't say I have?

That also doesn't match up with the fact that our away numbers are now consistently larger than ever before. Yes, we had the odd bumper away day, but I can't remember such sustained large followings.

Imagine if we had a decent ground, larger capacity and good facilities. Or some better players!

Perhaps our not very decent ground is part of the appeal. After the bland experience of most prem stadiums, Loftus Road feels splendidly real, visceral, authentic, which I'm sure appeals to lots of the tourist types who are undoubtedly making up the numbers. Our inner city, council estate setting and cramped, close to the action ground are to my mind our biggest assets.
Away support on 14:04 - Apr 4 with 1946 viewsqueensparker

I’ve got two kids at primary school in Kensal Green and predictably a lot of the parents (most who aren’t that into football unlike their kids) default to going to Spurs / Arsenal / Chelsea for their first games

I’ve been on a mission to get them along to Rangers (their local club ffs) and without exception they always prefer Loftus Road for all the reasons we know: close to pitch, atmosphere, proper ground.
Away support on 14:14 - Apr 4 with 1877 viewsLongsufferingR

Away support on 14:04 - Apr 4 by queensparker

I’ve got two kids at primary school in Kensal Green and predictably a lot of the parents (most who aren’t that into football unlike their kids) default to going to Spurs / Arsenal / Chelsea for their first games

I’ve been on a mission to get them along to Rangers (their local club ffs) and without exception they always prefer Loftus Road for all the reasons we know: close to pitch, atmosphere, proper ground.

Wait until they grow a bit taller. Not sure it will be their favourite ground then!
Away support on 14:19 - Apr 4 with 1854 viewstonyQPR

Away support on 13:17 - Apr 4 by Juzzie

QPR v Birmingham - 17,170

Next day, Brentford v Man Utd - 17,138

Talking off Brentford,I’ve noticed they don’t pop on here quite so much just lately. Can’t think why 😉
Away support on 14:21 - Apr 4 with 1827 viewsqprninja

Away support on 14:43 - Apr 3 by JPC

The Britannia is a Spoons near the ground, but is always rammed on matchdays and may be home fans only. There are a few pubs in Stoke village, which is about a ten minute walk from Home Park. There's also the Cherry Tree which again is about a 10 mins walk away. Depending where you're staying and how you're getting to the match, the Barbican has lots of nice waterfront pubs.
Away support on 14:27 - Apr 4 with 1762 viewsAntti_Heinola

Away support on 13:38 - Apr 4 by GaryBannister86

Well, to be fair, attendances generally are up hugely on the early 90s everywhere. But still. I do think we have a very large fanbase, but as others have said before, maybe compared to most clubs it's quite scattered.

Bare bones.

Away support on 14:32 - Apr 4 with 1722 viewsstainrods_elbow

Away support on 13:59 - Apr 4 by dutch

Perhaps our not very decent ground is part of the appeal. After the bland experience of most prem stadiums, Loftus Road feels splendidly real, visceral, authentic, which I'm sure appeals to lots of the tourist types who are undoubtedly making up the numbers. Our inner city, council estate setting and cramped, close to the action ground are to my mind our biggest assets.

Hear hear, and thrice hear! (But I have no doubt our soulful minority will soon be shouted down again by the 'progressives'.)

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Away support on 14:39 - Apr 4 with 1714 viewsnadera78

Away support on 14:27 - Apr 4 by Antti_Heinola

Well, to be fair, attendances generally are up hugely on the early 90s everywhere. But still. I do think we have a very large fanbase, but as others have said before, maybe compared to most clubs it's quite scattered.

Yes, I always take issue with people diminishing our fanbase, we are not a mall club. We do have a small stadium, but that's a different issue.
Away support on 15:37 - Apr 4 with 1544 viewsRangersw12

Now sold out !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024