Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away support 13:30 - Apr 3 with 4949 viewsRangersw12

Unbelievable again

Away support on 16:24 - Apr 4 with 902 viewsericgen34

Away support on 14:04 - Apr 4 by queensparker

I’ve got two kids at primary school in Kensal Green and predictably a lot of the parents (most who aren’t that into football unlike their kids) default to going to Spurs / Arsenal / Chelsea for their first games

I’ve been on a mission to get them along to Rangers (their local club ffs) and without exception they always prefer Loftus Road for all the reasons we know: close to pitch, atmosphere, proper ground.

I brought some friends from France for the home game against Bristol City. Even though it was a 0-0 they all loved it and now all support/follow the Rs, to the point that they want to create an official supporters club here in Montpellier. Result!

One had been to Arsenal before and said he much preferred LR, a proper english ground like he imagined it should be
Away support on 16:25 - Apr 4 with 869 viewsHayesender

Away support on 14:27 - Apr 4 by Antti_Heinola

Well, to be fair, attendances generally are up hugely on the early 90s everywhere. But still. I do think we have a very large fanbase, but as others have said before, maybe compared to most clubs it's quite scattered.

Yep. I think our sell out crowd v Birmingham was still the lowest attendance in the championship that day. We'd have been lucky to get 10,000 for the same fixture in the top flight in the 80's and 90's

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Away support on 16:26 - Apr 4 with 867 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Incredible, really.

1,800 souls to Plymouth on a Tuesday night. Crap trains. Hotels for many. The horror stories continue. But the loyalty conquers all.

Unreal.

Well done to you all.

On Ray's anniversary, can I just borrow a phrase?
"My word!"

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Away support on 16:30 - Apr 4 with 832 viewsHayesender

Away support on 16:26 - Apr 4 by BrianMcCarthy

Incredible, really.

1,800 souls to Plymouth on a Tuesday night. Crap trains. Hotels for many. The horror stories continue. But the loyalty conquers all.

Unreal.

Well done to you all.

"My word!"

One of my friends relocated down to Cornwall a couple of years ago, and asked if I had a spare reference number. I told him not to panic as there's no way it'll sell out on a Tuesday night.

Just as well we found him that reference number

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Away support on 16:33 - Apr 4 with 811 viewsterryb

Away support on 16:26 - Apr 4 by BrianMcCarthy

Incredible, really.

Unreal.

Well done to you all.

"My word!"

It really is amazing.

I'd have thought selling 500 tickets would be good!

I'm feeling a little bit envious of our travelling army these days!
Away support on 17:05 - Apr 4 with 694 viewsAntti_Heinola

Remember going down there the year we both got promoted. I remember panicking all the way down Rowly might not be fit. He was, but we still lost. It was a great day out though, and we still went up in the end!

Bare bones.

Away support on 17:23 - Apr 4 with 640 viewsJuzzie

Away support on 17:05 - Apr 4 by Antti_Heinola

Remember going down there the year we both got promoted. I remember panicking all the way down Rowly might not be fit. He was, but we still lost. It was a great day out though, and we still went up in the end!

I couldn't make that game nor could I make it to Hillsborough ( - first time I'd missed a game of that magnitude) but was in a pub in Dartmouth getting updates. Once we'd won had plenty of Plymouth fans coming up to me (I was, of course, wearing QPR colours) and saying how pleased they were and how it had been a great season for both clubs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024